The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

rudi must stay

Denial

A movie all about the trial of David Irving, a holocaust denier who wrote many books on the subject. I thought this was an excellent film, some great performances: Rachel Weisz put in a great shift as did Tom Wilkinson, and Timothy Spall plays the very eccentric Irving very well, he absolutely strolls this movie and gives him an interesting accent. Whether it's accurate or not I couldn't tell you but it works well for the movie.

8/10

Disser Pointon

Blade Runner 2049. 7/10, bit slow to begin with but gathered pace well and the atmosphere was very true to the original I thought.

rudi must stay

Pirates of The Carribean : Salazar's Revenge

I throughly enjoyed this film. Back to the tone of the original one, plenty of jokes and slick action scenes and it didn't have too many dull romantic scenes that ruined the other 3, IMO. And I thought Javier Bardem's performance was pretty menacing and his character was actually quite well written

7/10

Edited by rudi must stay

I throughly enjoyed this film. Back to the tone of the original one, plenty of jokes and slick action scenes and it didn't have too many dull romantic scenes that ruined the other 3, IMO. And I thought Javier Bardem's performance was pretty menacing and his character was actually quite well written

7/10

Might watch it tonight.

7/10

i would give it a 6/10. i do agree it was more like the first one rather than the other three

rudi must stay

Groundhog Day

Thought it was pretty good. Didn't like some parts, but in general its a nice happy movie with plenty of laughs

7/10

Lesbian Vampire Killers 8/10

Great fun. Decent plot and characters. Sexy too. James Corden is in it but not lead character and don't let that put you off. 

Been shown on the Horror Channel a few times now including tonight. 

On 03/10/2017 at 12:16 AM, luckyBatistuta said:
On 01/10/2017 at 4:47 PM, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

I'd disagree - I thought this was better the first one.

I'd give it 8/10

Thought Elton john was decent in it too

Elton John is in it, you've put me right off it now

He’s actually funny in it 

oh and I’m wanting that TX 4 in the film :thumbsup:

luckyBatistuta
13 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

He’s actually funny in it 

oh and I’m wanting that TX 4 in the film :thumbsup:

Still not seen it, but reckon they've  only chosen a TX4 for the film because it excels at exploding.

17 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Still not seen it, but reckon they've  only chosen a TX4 for the film because it excels at exploding.

Amongst doing many many other things they ****in shouldn’t do 

luckyBatistuta
Just now, 3fingersreid said:

Amongst doing many many other things they ****in shouldn’t do 

:lol:

Going to try and fit this film in tonight :thumb:

rudi must stay

The Big Lebowski

I totally get why so many people talk about this film. A crazy crazy film with some terrific scenes

8/10

Edited by rudi must stay

The Secret Window

7/10

Pretty decent psychological thriller, even if the ending is a little predictable.

Johnny Depp plays the lead role well.

rudi must stay

Kingsman : The Golden Circle

I thought it could never top the first but IMO it did. Such an original movie and it had so much coolness and great humour

10/10

chester copperpot
On 02/10/2017 at 13:28, alwaysthereinspirit said:

American Made the new Tom Cruise movie. 7/10. I would imagine theres more to the story than shown in the movie. crazy times.

Watched it today.

Really quite enjoyed it

7/10 for me too

rudi must stay

Race

A film depicting Jesse Owens life and his Olympic Gold Medal haul at the 1936 Berlin Olympics. I thought there was some good stuff in there but it felt low budget and was full of historical inaccuracies 

6/10

Snowman 3/10 

Great cast but the movie is a pretty poor representation of the book.

Death of Stalin 8.5/10

Very good. Basically 'The Thick of It' based in the Soviet Union. 

Mindhorn - pisstake of British 80s detective shows with Julian Barratt. Not hilarious but pretty funny in bits. 6/10

The Beguiled - Sofia Coppola film with Colin Farrell as an injured Oirishman fighting in the US civil war who recuperates in a girls school and has them getting all wet because of his talk of potatoes and leprechauns. Pretty dull but well shot and Kirsten Dunst was very good. 6/10

1 hour ago, Zico said:

Mindhorn - pisstake of British 80s detective shows with Julian Barratt. Not hilarious but pretty funny in bits. 6/10

The Beguiled - Sofia Coppola film with Colin Farrell as an injured Oirishman fighting in the US civil war who recuperates in a girls school and has them getting all wet because of his talk of potatoes and leprechauns. Pretty dull but well shot and Kirsten Dunst was very good. 6/10

Check out the original with Clint Eastwood, one of his more obscure efforts, but it's still Clint and that's never a bad thing.

Security. Think assault on precinct 13 set in a shopping mall. Antonio Banderas is ex army on his first night working security. Along comes Ben Kingsley who pretty much phones his performance in. Should have been better but reasonably entertaining none the less.   7/10

17 minutes ago, Judge Fudge said:

Check out the original with Clint Eastwood, one of his more obscure efforts, but it's still Clint and that's never a bad thing.

Security. Think assault on precinct 13 set in a shopping mall. Antonio Banderas is ex army on his first night working security. Along comes Ben Kingsley who pretty much phones his performance in. Should have been better but reasonably entertaining none the less.   7/10

Presume you mean The Beguiled rather than Mindhorn - can see Clint, even now, working better than Farrell. Mind you, it would be pretty good to see Clint playing an ageing, overweight, Isle Of Man TV detective. 

12 minutes ago, Zico said:

Presume you mean The Beguiled rather than Mindhorn - can see Clint, even now, working better than Farrell. Mind you, it would be pretty good to see Clint playing an ageing, overweight, Isle Of Man TV detective. 

Works for me, a Clint Eastwood type Bergerac with a half zipped brown leather jacket. big gut big gun.  Zero crime on the island.  No chance of a second series tho:) 

2 hours ago, Zico said:

It's like Barry Norman never died. :kirk:

59 minutes ago, Tazio said:

It's like Barry Norman never died. :kirk:

I was trying to make it sound more interesting than it actually was. And Colin Farrell is a knob. 

rudi must stay

My Scientology Movie

Was disappointed by this. There was some amazing insight there I hadn't heard before but I thought it was oddly put together and some of the scenes that were meant to be astonishing I just didn't think were at all

6/10

On 06/10/2017 at 07:37, Bleedsmaroon said:

Blade Runner 2049. 7/10, bit slow to begin with but gathered pace well and the atmosphere was very true to the original I thought.

Loved it. 8/10 from me.

Blade Runner 2049 3/10

That's 1 each for the story, Harrison Ford and the ending. 

2 and a half hours too long. 

Edited by Mikey1874

15 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Blade Runner 2049 3/10

That's 1 each for the story, Harrison Ford and the ending. 

2 and a half hours too long. 

I'm glad someone else agrees.

I've never looked at my watch so many times in the cinema before I had watched this.

13 hours ago, Boris said:

Milk.

The story of Harvey Milk, the US's first openly gay elected official.

Sean Penn is brilliant, the story inspiring.

10/10

Agree entirely.

15 hours ago, Boris said:

Milk.

The story of Harvey Milk, the US's first openly gay elected official.

Sean Penn is brilliant, the story inspiring.

10/10

The documentary, The Times Of Harvey Milk - nominated for best doc at the Oscars - is also very good. 

Life is Beautiful.

Story of a young italian man who marries and has a son.  Set in 1939 and moving on, turns out he is Jewish and he and his son are transported to a camp.  His wife, non-jewish wants to go with them.

Very bittersweet as the film is very comic throughout, even in the camp, but sad at the same time.  

Very, very good.  9/10.

On 23/10/2017 at 09:25, Boris said:

Life is Beautiful.

Story of a young italian man who marries and has a son.  Set in 1939 and moving on, turns out he is Jewish and he and his son are transported to a camp.  His wife, non-jewish wants to go with them.

Very bittersweet as the film is very comic throughout, even in the camp, but sad at the same time.  

Very, very good.  9/10.

Incredible movie.

An ex gf put me onto this 3 years ago. Had never heard of it before this. Only decent thing she did! 

Anyway Thor was amazing. Funny as well. 

Must see on big screen. 

I'd give it a 9/10

Thor Ragnarok. 

A good addition to the Marvel world. Also very funny with nice humour added by the director Taika Waititi who is best known for Hunt For The Wilderpeople. This is the first time he's been given a big budget and he uses it well, and also plays a very funny character in it. Excellent action sequences and great use of The Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin. Apparently about 80% of the dialogue was improvised on set. 

21 hours ago, Tazio said:

Thor Ragnarok. 

A good addition to the Marvel world. Also very funny with nice humour added by the director Taika Waititi who is best known for Hunt For The Wilderpeople. This is the first time he's been given a big budget and he uses it well, and also plays a very funny character in it. Excellent action sequences and great use of The Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin. Apparently about 80% of the dialogue was improvised on set. 

I never realised it was same director as HfWP. Makes sense with the actors in it but also the humour. 

Shanks said no

First review for a while but thought this deserved a mention

Colossal

7/10

Science fiction black comedy film starring Anne Hathaway. I like odd films and this amused me. It tells the story of Gloria, an unemployed young writer, who is unwittingly causing a giant monster to wreak havoc halfway across the world.

rudi must stay

Jungle

I thought this was an excellent adventure film. Some brilliant scenes, and I thought Daniel Radcliffe put in a brilliant shift, possibly oscar worthy and I hope he gets some recognition as he really doesn't put a foot wrong

7/10

Shanks said no
5 hours ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

Chuck - based on the life story of the boxer who inspired Rocky. Not bad 7/10.

Weirdly I watched something similar called The Bleeder, I think, last week

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

Swiss Army Man

Wow. What an incredible film. On the surface, a fantastical adventure about farting. Dig deeper though and it's the story of one man trying to find himself and bring meaning back into his life. Soundtrack is just as quirky and just as good.

9/10 :thumbsup:

Bladerunner 2049 

I absolutely loved this. Fantastic sequel to the original and had me booked from start to finish. Best film I've seen this year. Seen it in one of Vue's new reclining seat cinemas - very comfortable.

10/10 :thumbsup: