The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

alwaysthereinspirit

Saturday was raining here so was a two movie day. Dunkirk at the IMAX. Then Heartbreak Ridge Saturday night on cable. Liked both of them. Heartbreak Ridge was very gory.

...a bit disco

King Arthur:Legend Of The Sword.

Terrible script and accents, disjointed story line and David Beckham.

3/10

chester copperpot

Went to see the Emoji movie with the bairn last night.

Fairly enjoyable movie.

7/10

Been to the cinema 4 times in the last 5 days ffs

alwaysthereinspirit

Heartbreak Ridge :lol:

:uhoh2: Duh, guess I wasnt paying attention to what I wrote or maybe even watched. Hacksaw Ridge. :behead:

Judge Fudge

Open Range (2003) Costner and Duvall western. Costner shite or sugar for me normally. Not this time, and Duvall is always sugar. One of the most historically accurate Wild West style shoot outs to boot. Cheesy romantic angle not ideal, but probably necessary for the funding. 8/10

Rudolf's Mate

If you are into Horror then I recommend watching It Follows. A pretty good unique idea for a horror film. Watched it ages ago but seen it pop up on my FB feed recently saying it's been added to Netflix.

Not really a horror fan bud. Spend most of my time peaking through my fingers [emoji85]

King Arthur - Legend of the Sword 6/10

Thought it was ok but the accents were truly horrific.

The Mummy 7/10

It's been slated but I thought it was alright.

Shanks said no

Carrie Pilby

6/10

Had high hopes for this quirky US film but it fell away into a fairly standard romcom. It begins with a gifted girl who has done much at a very young age but struggles to conform with the adult norm expected of her. Bel Powley is excellent in the lead and one to watch.

Not really a horror fan bud. Spend most of my time peaking through my fingers [emoji85]

King Arthur - Legend of the Sword 6/10

Thought it was ok but the accents were truly horrific.

The Mummy 7/10

It's been slated but I thought it was alright.

It's not a jump scare type film. 

Rudolf's Mate

It's not a jump scare type film.

I'll have a look [emoji1303]

Chester & lucky....

Seeing as you like ones that pull on the heartstrings try Gifted 8/10.

Really good film and the wee lassie in it is brilliant.

Carl Fredrickson

Recently watched a few films with my son:

Bruce Almighty

Evan Almighty

Men In Black

Ace Ventura Pet Detective (I hadnt seen this before)

He loved all of them but especially MiB

We have a load more older films to work our way through

Recently watched a few films with my son:

Bruce Almighty

Evan Almighty

Men In Black

Ace Ventura Pet Detective (I hadnt seen this before)

He loved all of them but especially MiB

We have a load more older films to work our way through

The MiB trilogy is brilliant. I actually think they get better with each instalment.

Message from the King ( Netflix). Guy with leather jacket turns up in LA from Cape Town looking for his sister. Finds her in the morgue, and proceeds to exact revenge all over the shop. Better than it sounds.

7/10

luckyBatistuta

Chester & lucky....

Will give it a watch and report back :thumb:

chester copperpot

Chester & lucky....

Just watched this after your recommendation. Not my cup of tea but the wee lassies acting was top notch

Shanks said no

Trespass against us

8/10

A real surprise and even the wife thought it was good. Brendan Gleeson and Michael Fassbender star in this British travelling people tale. 3 generations of the Cutler family lead a lawless life. Because of the strong accents I used subtitles and discovered a new word which earned the film an extra point, a gorgie. Which means a non travelling person, giving a whole new meaning to we are the Gorgie boys.

Dunkirk - discussed on the main thread. Outstanding. 9/10

One Deadly Weekend In America - good but ultimately grim documentary about 10 or so of the hundreds of gun related deaths that occur in America every weekend. 7/10

I Am Not Your ***** - brilliant documentary on race relations in America, based on an unfinished book by James Baldwin. 9/10 (edit: starred out word is a term for a black person, but not the highly offensive one)

The Girl On The Train - wasn't expecting much but it was actually decent, with a very good performance by Emily Blunt. 7/10

Edited by Zico

I watched John Wick 2 last night. 

Utter rubbish with no storyline just Keanu Reeves killing unfeasible amounts of people in Rome and New York, nether of which appear to have police departments.

Shanks said no

I watched John Wick 2 last night.

Utter rubbish with no storyline just Keanu Reeves killing unfeasible amounts of people in Rome and New York, nether of which appear to have police departments.

Switched it off after 20 minutes as it was awful

Bought myself the DVD of the Hatton Garden "job". Still to watch it. I'm off tomorrow so if weather down by me turns shit, will watch it.

Shanks said no

Fences

7/10

Wanted to switch off what felt like an African American kitchen (back garden) sink drama. Fortunately I kept it going and it was reasonably good. Stars Denzel Washington and Viola Davis. It does feel like a stage play though.

rudi must stay

Detroit

A superb film. Grips you from start to finish and there are some good character stories too. The acting couldn't be better and there one or two phenomenal performances. I think it's a modern classic

10/10

Edited by rudi must stay

Soul Song - a sub-30 minute supernatural themed upon death.

The writer/director was there for a Q&A afterwards and declared that you either liked it or didn't get it...there seemed to be no option for 'get it but just didn't think it was all that great' which would've got my vote.

A Ghost Story - very good existential drama with Casey Affleck and Rooney Mara about someone who dies and watches his girlfriend's life as a ghost. Was very slow at the start and thought I'd hate it but it was really interesting. 8/10

Detroit - Powerful stuff. I thought the tension in the hotel scenes was extremely well done as were the cuts to actual footage during the riots. I found the court scenes were rushed however and the end a bit disjointed. 7/10.

The Gambler - the original James Caan version. And he was superb in it as was Paul Sorvino. The best film I've seen about gambling. 8/10

Shanks said no

Mindhorn 

7/10

Decent British comedy with Steve Coogan as one of the producers and he has a supporting part as well. There is an element of Partridge but without the legendary front man. 

It 2017

Pretty decent attempt at "modernizing" the original. It wasn't nearly as scary as I expected it to be but it is a lot darker than the original.

Reckon it's probably closer to the book too.

rudi must stay

The Fantastic Four

I thought this film was pretty good, it lots it's way in some parts but the story was good and quite well throughout for a comic book movie

6/10

Shanks said no

Life

6/10

Sci Fi isn't to my taste and it felt like a poor imitation of Alien. I also had an issue as to why someone would carry out such a stupidly dangerous experiment out in space. Kept watching to the good end though.

The Fantastic Four

I thought this film was pretty good, it lots it's way in some parts but the story was good and quite well throughout for a comic book movie

6/10

Which version?

Pearl Harbour

2/10

One of those movies that I wasn't going to watch due to hearing negative reviews, but there was nothing else on so I thought **** it.

Shouldn't have bothered. Absolutely honking.

Shite acting with zero chemistry between the characters and don't get me started on Kate Beckinsale's characters principles. Movie starts where she's pumping the love of her life, he toddles off to war and gets shot down and is considered KIA so she starts pumping his best mate and falls pregnant to him, then he gets KIA and so she starts pumping the original guy again (he wasn't killed after all).

Utter shite.

Life

6/10

As above, reminiscent of Alien and not as good, but I enjoyed it, even if it is rather silly in places.

Edited by Ray Gin

rudi must stay

I was disappointed with it. It seemed to take forever to get going and then rush everything in the last 20 minutes.

Didn't see the end coming but you're right the ending felt rushed, it's problems began in the middle though IMO after a promising start. A massive disappointment with that cast

Just finished watching Shane, for the first time in years on film four. I had forgotten just how good a western this is.

There is not many in Hollywood who played the bad guy as good as Jack Palance.

Shanks said no

Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk 

7/10

I found this a difficult watch, probably because I know quite a few lads who have served in Iraq and Afghan and I could see them in this film. Its not your standard Hollywood "lets go USA" film and tries to deal with the effects of PTSD and a war that the soldiers didn't win but others profited from. 

Detroit

8/10

Went in fulling expecting it to be bleak, but it exceeded expectations. Upsetting and pretty soul destroying. 50 years on and watching the news it doesn't seem like America has progressed much.

Shanks said no

The Levelling

4/10

Grim and depressing Brit flick. A daughter returns to the family farm due to a family bereavement. It doesn't get any happier as more misery is heaped on her.