The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

luckyBatistuta

Kidnap

Halle Berry as a mum whose little boy is kidnapped and the lengths she'll go to, to get him back. It was enjoyable enough, but nothing special, some corny as #### lines for Halle in this though.

6.5/10

luckyBatistuta

Drone

Sean Bean is a high-level private drone contractor who spends his workdays flying covert missions. Not going to say any more than that, just in case anyone decides to watch this. The film absolutely crawls and when it finally does get going it fails to deliver anything worthwhile. I never used to mind Sean Bean, but it's been a while since I've watched him in anything decent. A real disappointment of a movie.

4/10

rudi must stay

The Girl on The Train

Hated it. A slow and humourless movie full of overacting and terrible scenes. Did think Emily Blunt was good in it, but she always puts in a good performance

5/10

rudi must stay

La La Land

Liked its look, a stylish movie with some scenes that worked marvellously. And I thought Stone and Gosling both showed their talent as Hollywood a-listers. But I felt it was missing something, still worth a watch

7/10

Edited by rudi must stay

Shanks said no

Tomcat

4/10

Well that was an unusual experience. I had hear about the film on 5live Mayo/Kermode show and I very obviously hadn't paid enough attention. So on one of the rare occasions that we sit down with our son(23) to watch a film it isn't quite what I expected. This film has a very shocking twist half way through, I won't spoil it. Its about a couple, both men, who enjoy each others company, most of the time in the nude. My son is seriously questioning my movie choice now!

PS Subtitled

Shanks said no

A United Kingdom

7/10

One for the ladies (love story) but with enough history and politics to keep me interesting. True story of post war England, South Africa and the struggle for the people of Botswana. Tony Benn god rest your soul.

The new Alien film. Much better than Prometheus 7/10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chester copperpot

Watched trainspotting 2 this morning.

Wasn't bad but not a patch on the first one though

hughesie27

Wonder Woman

Finally a decent DC film. Up there with the best from Marvel. Strong female character too for a change.

8/10.

luckyBatistuta

True Romance

Just watched it again, more times than any other film. The story of Clarence and Alabama, the best film ever.

10/10

luckyBatistuta

Wonder Woman

Finally a decent DC film. Up there with the best from Marvel. Strong female character too for a change.

8/10.

Off to watch it in the 3D in about an hour. Didn't fancy it at first, but the trailer looks great.

Trainspotting 2.

8-10, we both really enjoyed it, not as good as the first but good.

Off to see Alien Covenant tomorrow in the pictures.

luckyBatistuta

Wonder Woman

8/10.

As I said, I initially wasn't feeling this film, but after seeing the trailer I changed my mind. Went yesterday to see it and it certainly didn't disappoint. A cracking DC offering, the whole family really enjoyed it.

8/10

Shanks said no

Nocturnal Animals

7/10

As others have said before me a confusingly good thriller. Jake Gyllenhaal & Amy Adams were excellent with Michael Shannon playing an unusual cop. Best opening credits / scenes in a long time.

Alien Covenant.

Pretty enjoyable, not as good as the first couple but not as bad as I'd heard.

7.5/10.

Shanks said no

Paterson

4/10

A rather dull and boring tale of a bus driver who is a poet. Maybe I was missing something as others have described this as sublime.

The mummy 1/10...where do I start with this mess?

Cruise is totally out of place and old enough to be his co stars father and it shows...no chemistry between them at all.

Half way through the film, I found myself wanting the villain to win and kill cruise and co as I just didn't care.

Terrible reboot.

Rudolf's Mate

Collateral Beauty - 10/10

Honestly nearly turned it off after 10 mins. Most likely strike a chord with some but beautiful film that puts things into perspective.

Trainspotting 2. Begbie's son :laugh: Not bad for a sequel overall. I think I was expecting it to be better than what it was but that was my own personal expectation.

rudi must stay

Best: George Best All By Himself

Thought it was very interesting. A strong documentary with some great interviews

8/10

Shanks said no

Allied

6/10

WW2 drama based around allied spies starring Brad Pitt and Marion Cotillard. I felt it was pretty dull, even MC who I have a thing about. There are bits that come to life and it an interesting take on the British secret service but all in all disappointing.

chester copperpot

Introduced the bird to the Breakfast Club last night.

9/10

She loved it and we're watching Weird Sceince tnite as I am cultivating her movie brain.

Shanks said no

Gold

7/10

Good but not as good as I thought it would be. Matthew McConaughey, who I like, plays a standard Matthew McConaughey part. Interesting story about modern day gold prospectors.

rudi must stay

9/10

She loved it and we're watching Weird Sceince tnite as I am cultivating her movie brain.

Haha. Hope she doesn't read this, but agree with the score.

I watched 24 hour party people. Watched 10 minutes of it and that was enough, what a load of rubbish

1/10

chester copperpot

Haha. Hope she doesn't read this, but agree with the score.

I watched 24 hour party people. Watched 10 minutes of it and that was enough, what a load of rubbish

1/10

Aye I couldn't get into it either mate and thought it would be great.

Just back from Cineworld from seeing the Mummy.

Thought it would be shite but thought it was brilliant 9/10

chester copperpot

Seems I was the only one who enjoyed the Mummy as some of you have slated it :lol:

Ach Well, seems like movie opinions are like arseholes. Everybody has one!

Is The Mummy a remake of the 90's movie?

It's more a remake of the 30's mummy...it is set in the 'monster universe' which includes Frankenstein, Dracula, the wolfman etc.

Maybe some will like it, bored the pish out of me though.

It's more a remake of the 30's mummy...it is set in the 'monster universe' which includes Frankenstein, Dracula, the wolfman etc.

Maybe some will like it, bored the pish out of me though.

Cheers :thumb:

Probably give it a miss.

chester copperpot

Cheers :thumb:

Probably give it a miss.

I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Hate Cruise and his films but really really enjoyed this one.

Jumped out my skin throughout the movie though :lol:

Edited by chester copperpot

Jenny English Reborn.

It's a giggle and it's got Rosamund Pike and Gillian Anderson in it.

7/10.

...a bit disco

9/10

2 of my all time faves.

Both 9/10

:thumbsup:

William H. Bonney

Desierto - 7/10. Jeffrey dean Morgan plays a sociopath who picks off border jumpers between Mexico and America. Some decent scenes.

Wild tales - 8/10. Argentinean film comprising of 6 short stories about people in distress. Very good.

Judge Fudge

9/10

80s gold, I would suggest better off dead and the sure thing. Both early John Cusack, the ladies love it like milk tray.

I, Daniel Blake - thought this could end up as one of Loach's preaching films but it's less 'boo Tories' and more about the impact of bureaucracy on the poor and unfortunate. Well acted, good script and quite funny in parts despite some of the grimness. 8/10

Supersonic - I'm not a big Oasis fan but I do love a good music documentary and this is a good one. The story of their formation up to their gig at Knebworth. Whatever you might think of them, it's hard to resist the feel good nature of the story of a group of lads coming from nothing and becoming superstars. 8/10

marshallschunkychicken

Just caught Baby Driver at the Odeon Scene Unseen.

Excellent, thoroughly enjoyed it.

9/10

Shanks said no

Vengeance

4/10

Nicolas Cage doesn't make many good films anymore and this one is par for the course. It's a Deathwish type made for TV movie. 

[REC]2 - 9/10, seen 4 or 5 times now and it's still scary!

Double post, sorry, don't know what happened there, delete please.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

[REC]2 - 9/10, seen 4 or 5 times now and it's still scary!

As Above so Below is excellent if you haven't seen it.

9/10

chester copperpot

Watched Antman now it's on Netflix. Very good fun.

Antman is a good laugh.

See when you can sit back and enjoy a film they're the best ones.