The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Apologies, a 1/10 does not do the film justice, it is far far worse than that, possibly the worst film I've ever seen and without doubt one of, if not thee, worst film ever to come out of Scotland, I'd rather drape my soaking wet bollox over an electric fence than watch it again, truly diabolical. 

On 19/12/2017 at 18:24, Mikey1874 said:

I thought Star Wars VIII was okay. 8/10 okay. 

The underlying story. Some good mini story lines. Decent enough characters. 

I don't expect too much from what has been a very mixed bag. 

Curious at how it will 'end'. Cos it has to end, the 9 volume story. (I know we are now in Spin Off territory which is fine) Some characters introduced perhaps gearing towards that. 

There is already a new trilogy seperate from the Skywalker saga being written

21 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

There is already a new trilogy seperate from the Skywalker saga being written

Yeah 

Saw that 

Suppose it was inevitable 

On 24/12/2017 at 20:08, rudi must stay said:

Bright

A really cool film, very original and Will Smith and Edgerton bounce off each other well

8/10

Watched this today. A good 8/10

The Handmaiden - Korean adaptation of an English novel about a count trying to trick a rich lady by embedding a con-artist as her Handmaiden. Beautifully shot, well acted and extremely, ahem, erotic! 9/10

Wheelman - made on a shoestring but fairly enjoyable about a driver on a bank job who is double-crossed. 6/10

Currently got on Escape from LA - How shit is this film? So bad I signed into JKB 2/10 and I think I will watch something else instead to pass the time until the Hubz game starts. 

rudi must stay

6 Days

Very impressed with this Netflix movie. Superbly edited and acted impecibly from all, Mark Strong is quite terrific. And it's a great story too, really makes you think

10/10

rudi must stay

A Shot At Glory

A football movie made in 2000. I enjoyed Robert Duvall's performance despite his awful accent and Ally McCoist isn't bad in some scenes. But it does have some rubbish scenes and the football matches didn't quite work somehow. Still, nice film overrall and it was better than I thought it was going to be

6/10

Edited by rudi must stay

Good Will Hunting. 
20 years late, but very good acting, clever, witty, emotional and uplifting.
Robin Williams is excellent in his role as he was in other serious acting roles - a very under rated actor.
Solid performance from matt damon.
Loved the line at the end, "I had to go see about a girl", and how he left in the way his best friend wanted without saying goodbye.
Really enjoyable film. 

rudi must stay

Trespass Against Us

a lot of rubbish IMO. All over the place as a film and I thought Gleeson was terrible as a villain. 

5/10

Edited by rudi must stay

The Founder - interesting biopic of the guy behind McDonalds with solid performances. 7/10

The Meyerowitz Stories - another movie about bickering Jewish New York families from Noah Baumbach with Dustin Hoffman as a failed artist. His sons are played by Ben Stiller and Adam Sandler who is actually very good (as he was in Punch Drunk Love). 7/10

rudi must stay

The Siege of Jadotville

A good Netflix movie I thought. Very good story, didn't know much about the history there. The action scenes are terrific, totally absorbing and brutal

8/10

rudi must stay

Prince Of Persia

a decent enough action movie, thought it dragged on but it was better than I expected, as I remember it being panned at the box office

6/10

Just watched Kong:Skull Island.  Really enjoyed it and Samuel L Jackson gets his dues which is always a bonus. Loved the way the movie looked. 8/10

rudi must stay

American Honey

very impressed. The acting is totally different, feels real probably due to the close proximity camerawork which works really well. And it's totally original, no cliches there, it's hard to predict and does its own thing. Brilliant soundtrack too, the film is really a musical and on probably a quarter of La La Land's budget it is twice the film

10/10

luckyBatistuta

We Bought a Zoo

A little bit late in watching this, but quite enjoyed it. A good family movie, but make sure you've got the tissues. Your good lady might need them for the little sad moments about his deceased wife and you might need them for Scarlett Johansson.

7/10

Carl Fredrickson

Jumanji - Welcome To The Jungle

Saw it today and enjoyed it a lot more than expected. Plenty of laughs and the lass from Dr Who (Karen Gillan?) was a site for sore eyes.

Just watched "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri"

Absolutely loved it and found it very funny. Solid 8/10.

Woody Harrelson is brilliant as always and Peter Dinklage is hilarious in it. 

All the Money in the World  7/10

Kidnapping of John Paul Getty (richest ever person) grandson in 1973. True story with some surprises. 

It's a decent story. It does meander a little bit and ending was a bit unsatisfactory. Though maybe that was intentional. Ridley Scott is pretty clever. 

Christopher Plummer as Getty Snr must be decent chance for Oscar nomination. He was the last minute replacement for Kevin Spacey so more impressive.

Great shots of Italy, Rome and some interest in family, historical elements of oil industry and great wealth.  

Edited by Mikey1874

rudi must stay

Borg V McEnroe

Brilliant film, some excellent conversations, alot in swedish, watching a video without them would have been annoying if it wasn't for the quality of the acting, which is very high. The tennis scenes are so well done, really tense but at the same time the film does well in showing the amount of skill both have, that is down to the actors too who are both exceptional

10/10

Edited by rudi must stay

Shanks said no

Bright

6 pushing a 7 /10 

Knew absolutely nothing about this film and probably the best way to watch it unless someone can explain to you what is about to occur beforehand. Truly surprising and very weird film starring Will Smith. No doubt others will score it much lower but it certainly was different.

On 05/01/2018 at 21:18, AndyNic said:

Just watched "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri"

Absolutely loved it and found it very funny. Solid 8/10.

Woody Harrelson is brilliant as always and Peter Dinklage is hilarious in it. 

Watched this last night and thought it was brilliant. If I'd watched this last year then it would have been my favourite film of the year.

Directed by the Martin McDonagh who made In Bruges and if you enjoyed that, then you'll like this.

Has to scoop a few awards

9.5/10 

On 05/01/2018 at 20:28, benny said:

Are the screeners available this year on the usual sites.

Not noticed any yet.

Quite a few that are tipped are out

I,Tonya

The Florida Project

Three Billboards Outside Of Ebbing Missouri

Lady Bird

Call Me By Your Name

Others like Okja, Dunkirk and Get Out have been out for ages.

Not seen The Post or The Shape Of Water anywhere yet.

chester copperpot

Day of the dead bloodline: 1/10 acting is some of the worst I have ever witnessed.

November criminals: 2/10. SHITE.

53 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Quite a few that are tipped are out

I,Tonya

The Florida Project

Three Billboards Outside Of Ebbing Missouri

Lady Bird

Call Me By Your Name

Others like Okja, Dunkirk and Get Out have been out for ages.

Not seen The Post or The Shape Of Water anywhere yet.

Cheers.

3 hours ago, stevieboobs said:

Watched this last night and thought it was brilliant. If I'd watched this last year then it would have been my favourite film of the year.

Directed by the Martin McDonagh who made In Bruges and if you enjoyed that, then you'll like this.

Has to scoop a few awards

9.5/10 

Just finished watching it.Can only agree thought it was great.Got a bit of a Coen Brothers feel to it.Whole cast is top notch. 9/10

Disser Pointon
23 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Kenny 10/10

Brilliant documentary about Dalglish.

Not sure about it....................maybes aye, maybes no.

3 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Justice League 3/10

Load of shite

agree, the cgi (at least i think it was cgi) at the beginning reminded me of the adverts for video games showing things that are not part of the game. it was really poor, add to that a poor plot. to me they are trying too hard to be like marvel due to their success and are failing badly

22 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

agree, the cgi (at least i think it was cgi) at the beginning reminded me of the adverts for video games showing things that are not part of the game. it was really poor, add to that a poor plot. to me they are trying too hard to be like marvel due to their success and are failing badly

Totally it was a very poor rip off of the Infinity stones plot from the Marvel films.The cgi especially the bad guy was shocking.Actually I said to my wife it felt like the first two Thor films that I thought were pretty poor but much better than this mess.

Bushwick, without giving too much away, a suburb of New York comes under attack form an unknown source. Clever and bleak at the same time.  7/10

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Royal Tenenbaums - I never fancy it, she puts it on anyway, I always enjoy. Really well made film

Well made but probably my least favourite of his films.

Shanks said no

Dunkirk

5/10

Really disappointed by this. My Granddad was one of the men who made it off the beaches so I wanted to see a modern day portrayal of the retreat. 

...a bit disco
14 hours ago, Judge Fudge said:

Bushwick, without giving too much away, a suburb of New York comes under attack form an unknown source. Clever and bleak at the same time.  7/10

Enjoyed this one.

Proves that some wrestlers can act!

rudi must stay

Atomic Blonde

Loved it. Reminded me about of Hanna with its quirkyness. Visually a brilliant film and the soundtrack is superb, a lot of great actors are in it doing what they do best and Charlize Theron is brilliant

10/10

Brawl in Cell Block 99.

Another serious Vince Vaughan movie and again, it's absolutely brilliant. Genuinely excellent movie.

9/10.