The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

On 27/01/2018 at 19:55, rudi must stay said:

Battle of the Sexes

A movie all about the unlikely tennis match between Billy Jean King and ex world number 1 Bobby Riggs. This is the best movie I've seen in quite some time, Stone is very good as Billy Jean King and Steve Carell does as only he can being entertaining but at the same time putting in a very good acting performance and really nailing the character, Andrea Riseborough is excellent too. Really everyone in the movie is good

10/10

We quite liked it but felt it was a bit slow to  get going...Carell is a good actor imo Foxcatcher was a superb film

Disser Pointon
15 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Coco - the latest offering from Disney Pixar. After 2 recent disappointing kids movies, this one was far, far better. 

Really enjoyed it, good story with plenty of humour and a tear jerking moment. Up their with Pixars UP. 

9/10

Also watched this last night, very enjoyable, 8/10.

rudi must stay

Eyes Wide Shut

A very interesting film I thought, Tom Cruise is brilliant. Not quite up to the standard of Kubrick's well known gems IMO but there are some great scenes. One in particular is an amazing scene, you'll know it if you've seen it

8/10

Although it has aged I still like the movie - Brubaker with Robert Redford it has the feel of other movies like Mississippi burning and Cool hand luke.

Spotted Morgan Freeman in the titles also, he loved a good prison flick.

From and age where we had some great actors and dialogue was not overused.

...a bit disco
14 hours ago, Jefferson Davis Hogg said:

The cloverfield paradox. - 5/10

Nonsense. Utter nonsense. A great cast ruined by a terrible and confusing plot. 

Was so looking forward to this and was chuffed when it dropped on Netflix without warning.

A disappointment for sure.

5/10

On 02/02/2018 at 18:16, milky_26 said:

for me knowing was one of the biggest steaming pile of craps i have had the misfortune to watch.

face/off, con air and the rock were good. as was matchstick men

I didn’t think Knowing was that bad to be honest. It was just ruined by the incredibly stupid ending.

On 03/02/2018 at 07:58, neilnunb said:

Watched that CHiPS movie. What a way to shit all over ones childhood.

Bad.

I refuse to watch it. I’m not risking my childhood memories of one of my favourite shows being tarnished.

rudi must stay

Borg V McEnroe

First time I've seen this film with subtitles. Very strong film, I play quite a bit of tennis so I really liked the level of detail in the tennis scenes,  you felt like LeBeouf and Gudnason (who is a great discovery) have all the shots

10/10

rudi must stay
17 hours ago, iantjambo said:

I didn’t think Knowing was that bad to be honest. It was just ruined by the incredibly stupid ending.

Ending of that film was my favourite bit. Utter carnage, and doesn't really fit with a really slow movie

8 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Ending of that film was my favourite bit. Utter carnage, and doesn't really fit with a really slow movie

The plane crash scene was one of the most intense scenes I’ve ever seen

rudi must stay
13 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Reveal hidden contents

The plane crash scene was one of the most intense scenes I’ve ever seen

Spoiler

The whole ending is mental. You get the feeling they had a meeting where everyone just shouted out mad ideas and everyone agreed

Edited by rudi must stay

Bladerunner 2049. Very eye pleasing. I really enjoyed but can understand those who don't and find it very slow.  Looking forward to seeing in 3D. 

rudi must stay
On 05/02/2018 at 23:25, Jefferson Davis Hogg said:

The cloverfield paradox. - 5/10

Nonsense. Utter nonsense. A great cast ruined by a terrible and confusing plot. 

Spoiler

7/10 for me

Not a big horror fan but I thought it was a good film that was quite scary (not very original though) alot of good performances (the main girl was excellent as was David Oyelowu), but I did think it picked up the pace near the end and that was a bad decision. That actual ending though, superb

Carl Fredrickson

Watched a few over the weekend

Paddington 2. Really enjoyed it 8/10

Split. James McEvoy acts really well in this psychological thriller. 7/10

Wakefield 

Not a movie about the Yorkshire town, which probably would have been a better watch. 

Bryan Cranston plays a guy who is having marital issues so decides to hide in the attic above his garage to spy on his family, while they try to get on with their lives without a father/husband. 

Pile of keek 3/10

Just put Nina on - cant be any worse...

Daddy's home 2.

- Full of cliques and crap comedy lines. 

- typical will Ferrel type movie

-Mel Gibson :facepalm:

- john cena  :facepalm:

- the last scene in the movie is utterly vomit inducing. 

What actually happened to Mel Gibson?  He looks like a dinosaur has clawed at his face. I get he is older but he hasn't aged very well. 

4/10

Bomb City 8/10

Pretty good based on a true story about a group of punks and Jocks and the altercations between the two that lead to tragedy.

Edited by vegas-voss

luckyBatistuta
On 12/02/2018 at 12:56, Bleedsmaroon said:

Wonder, 7/10, easy watch for the family and had the missus bubbling.

No tears shed here, but the whole family enjoyed it and hopefully my kids have seen the hurt that bullies cause. Kids can be so cruel sometimes. 

Good movie 7/10 

When We First Met

6.5/10

Very predictable (I called how it would end within the first 20 minutes) but I enjoyed it all the same. By no means great but watchable.

It was kind of a comedy equivalent of The Butterfly Effect.

On 2/15/2018 at 09:56, Dawnrazor said:

The Lobster. 

7/10. 

Mental, absolutely mental!!!!! Laugh out loud in places. 

Definitely one of the strangest films I've seen.

luckyBatistuta
On 15/02/2018 at 09:56, Dawnrazor said:

The Lobster. 

7/10. 

:laugh: still trying to recover from this movie and I watched it months ago. 

Wouldn’t give it as much as a 7, more like a 5 from me.

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Definitely one of the strangest films I've seen.

Spoiler

The ending is utterly mad. It crossed the line in black comedy for me, and I thought was horrible

Shanks said no

The Do-over

6/10

Higher score than I expected to give for a run of the mill Adam Sandler film but we were in the mood for a leave your brain at the door comedy. Wife laughed out loud on numerous occasion which is unusual.

rudi must stay

Good Time

Really liked this film, an easy watch with a very cool soundtrack and cool look and Pattinson is pretty good, the real star though for me is his disabled brother. He puts in an excellent acting performance, that improved the movie when he was in it

7/10

Was off work with the flu recently so watched a few films:

John Wick Chapter 2 - not quite as good as the first one but more of the same. A big, daft action movie! 6/10

Bone Tomahawk - been meaning to catch this since it came out and it didn’t disappoint. Quality western/horror about a group that go searching for townsfolk that have been kidnapped by cannibals. Features one of the goriest deaths I’ve seen in a long time! Slow paced but built up really well. 8/10

Doctor Strange - surprisingly good comic book adaptation. A bit different from the standard Marvel fare and Cabbagepatch was good in the lead role. 7/10

Lobster - 10/10

Genius film. Would rather watch twenty films like this than another superhero film, which are 90% shite but folk still wont stop going to see the banal shit the big studios continue to churn out.  Seems to be star wars turn now, that Han Solo trailer looks an absolute pile of waaank.

Colin Farrell is an incredible actor. 

Edited by The Brow
misquote

More...

Mudbound - excellent drama set in the Deep South in the 40s about two poor families, one white and one black, living on the same land. Beautifully shot with some excellent performances from Carey Mulligan, Jason Mitchell and Jonathan Banks. 9/10

Logan - don’t quite get the hype around this one. A bit different from some of the other Marvel films and there was a bit more character development than normal. Some good action scenes too, to be fair. 7/10

Disser Pointon
15 hours ago, Zico said:

Was off work with the flu recently so watched a few films:

John Wick Chapter 2 - not quite as good as the first one but more of the same. A big, daft action movie! 6/10

Bone Tomahawk - been meaning to catch this since it came out and it didn’t disappoint. Quality western/horror about a group that go searching for townsfolk that have been kidnapped by cannibals. Features one of the goriest deaths I’ve seen in a long time! Slow paced but built up really well. 8/10

Doctor Strange - surprisingly good comic book adaptation. A bit different from the standard Marvel fare and Cabbagepatch was good in the lead role. 7/10

Yes the Bone Tomahawk "splitting" moment was a corker!!!

3 hours ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

Yes the Bone Tomahawk "splitting" moment was a corker!!!

I knew something bad was going to happen but that was something else!

Concussion - decent drama about the doctor who discovered the extent of brain injuries in the NFL. Well acted by Will Smith but played a bit like a TV movie. 7/10

Lost City Of Z - very good, old school adventure film based on the true story of  Percy Fawcett’s journeys into the Amazon to search for the lost city in the title. Charlie Hunnam was a bit weak in the lead role but the supporting cast were all good.  8/10

Black Panther -- 10/10 

Best comic book/superhero movie I've ever seen. So much more going on, will go see it again as soon as we can get a babysitter again.

chester copperpot
On 15/02/2018 at 09:56, Dawnrazor said:

The Lobster. 

7/10. 

Wtf have I just watched. Bat shot mental that film.

Gotta admit tho I actually enjoyed it. The bird was like wtf was that?

Loveless - Russian drama directed by Andrey Zvyagintsev who made the excellent Leviathan. About a divorcing couple who are in the process of moving on when their son disappears. Like Leviathan, it’s more about modern Russia than anything else. Superb. 9/10

luckyBatistuta

Bright,

.In an alternate present day, humans, orcs, elves and fairies have been coexisting since the beginning of time. Two police officers, one a human, the other an orc, embark on a routine night patrol that will alter the future of their world as they know it.

It obviously doesn’t sound like a classic, but I like weird stuff like this. It was ok, worth a watch if you like this kind of movie. I reckon they’ll make another too.

6/10

Geostorm,

Yet another film that you know what your going to get. Yes it was a bit of a cringe at parts, but wasn’t quite as bad as I thought it would be. 

6/10

Safety Not Guaranteed.

journalists go chasing the story of a man who has placed an add in the newspaper asking for companions for time travel. Has a real indie film feel to it. As a time travel movie this doesn't really have anything in common with the others in the genre. 8/10