Golf Game

jamborich

portobellojambo1

I may need a sub for tonight,was meant to be a possible 8pm tee off,any takers?

I think I'll need a sub as well for GforGallo Grant. He hasn't been on the forum since early Sunday morning. I did send him a PM about 40 minutes ago but nothing received back. If we are going to get this played tonight we will both need a sub, unless we play it as a singles :stunned:

I think I'll need a sub as well for GforGallo Grant. He hasn't been on the forum since early Sunday morning. I did send him a PM about 40 minutes ago but nothing received back. If we are going to get this played tonight we will both need a sub, unless we play it as a singles :stunned:

Unless you want to play sat at 8pm?Suit me better, hard shift at work,i'm cream crackered.

portobellojambo1

Unless you want to play sat at 8pm?Suit me better, hard shift at work,i'm cream crackered.

I can manage Saturday 8pm Grant, hopefully if GforGallo is maybe away somewhere for the week on holiday he will be back by then. Also give me something to do Saturday night to help take my mind off Sunday for a little while.

Edited by portobellojambo1

I can manage Saturday 8pm Grant, hopefully if GforGallo is maybe away somewhere for the week on holiday he will be back by then. Also give me something to do Saturday night to help take my mind off Sunday for a little while.

Ok mate,sat it is then.

portobellojambo1

Was going to offer to step in but a bit late now given my other game due to tee off at 9.30

Don't plan anything for Saturday night, you may still be needed (and thanks for offering to help out tonight).

ArmiyaRomanova

Granny Bile Vs JuanMilan

With JuanMilan playing their joker in this fixture, the stakes were high for both teams.

And initially it didn't look too good for the Grannies, 1 down after the first.

But we took the 2nd to AS it - before going 1 down again on the 3rd.

And so it remained until the 9th, when we took the hole to square the game.....

And the went ahead on the 10th and 12th to go 2 up - and leaving JuanMilan staring the possibility of a wasted Joker in the face.

Somewhere around the 13th/14th we missed a crucial putt to go 3up - and the tide was beginning to turn.

JM took the 14th and the 17th to square the game going into the last.... sweaty nether regions ahoy!

After me messing the approach and LBL overcooking his putt, we looked to be losing the game, but a decent recovery for par and and agonising missed putt from JM took us into drawn game, sudden death territory.

We drew the first hole, but it was all over when we hit a tree (mind that tree LBL!) and reached the green in 6. Concede.

So, Granny Bile snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, taking a single point to the 4 racked up by JuanMilan - 1 for the draw, 1 for the EHWin, and doubled with your Joker.

Congrats, guys, that was a really tense game - closest we've played this league. :thumbsup:

Granny Bile vs JuanMilan

Crazy crazy game at Bethpage. The final result was JuanMilan winning in extra holes on the 20th but that's not the half of it. JuanMilan had the better of the opening 7 or 8 holes and had a short putt to go 2 up on the 8th, which was missed and immediately Granny Bile won the ninth and by the 12th were 2 up. Then it all kicked off on the long par 5 13th with yours truly missing a short putt to give GB an even shorter one to go 3 up with 5 to play. The putt was also missed and then I stuck one to 3ft on the par 3 14th. The 15th was halved as was the 16th but a missed putt by GB on 17 brought it back to all square going down the last. GB did their best to throw it away but an excellent putt by Nigel gave me a tricky 6.5 footer for the win. Needless to say this was also missed taking it to extra holes. Both longish birdie putts on the 1st extra hole grazed the hole on the way past and so on to the 20th, where GB came unstuck in the trees.

Even that doesn't come close to doing justice to such a fantastic game and at one point it looked like we had majorly boobed playing our joker but in the end we came out with 4 points. Thanks all for the game, thoroughly enjoyed it and god luck in the rest of your games.

Granny Bile vs JuanMilan

This match had everything, great shots - lucky shots - shitty shots and the usual WGT yardage fabrication . . .

. . .where it says 180yds and you give it 190yd power and it goes 160yd :angry:

Ayeball and myself had loading problems which effected the camera angles and we couldn't follow our

shots through the air to see where they landed and frantically watched the chat box waiting for a vns from our partners. . . . :uhoh2:

Fast forward to the 2nd extra hole and with JuanMilan's drive finding the fairway and Granny Bile's finding the deep stuff it was game over

coz anyone who has had the misfortune of being in the crap on the 2nd hole at Beth Page will know getting out is an absolute b'stard and our decision

to play the joker suddenly looked better than it had earlier in the game when we were getting cuffed . . . :2thumbsup:

Great match gents, but no more like that thank you very much . . . too much for my auld ticker :lol:

The Old Tolbooth

I'm confused here :wacko:

Who's stepping in for who? :lol:

On a rare week when myself and Dunks have been available all week, the game doesn't get played, and now Dunks isn't available at the weekend, this is getting difficult to organise :(

On a rare week when myself and Dunks have been available all week, the game doesn't get played, and now Dunks isn't available at the weekend, this is getting difficult to organise :(

Stop whinging ya crabbit auld git!!

:calmdown:

8pm against the wee team of Mark and r0880. :curtain:

I'm afraid that I have to cancel tonight as I have to finish a Tynecastle stadium cake for Sunday morning. :( (Supplier let me down)

I'm available Sunday though........ If that's not suitable, I'm afraid a sub is required for tonight.

Sorry partner.

edit: Shame, as I need as many lessons as I can get Sean. :D

Edited by Mark_Mywords

I'm afraid that I have to cancel tonight as I have to finish a Tynecastle stadium cake for Sunday morning. :( (Supplier let me down)

I'm available Sunday though........ If that's not suitable, I'm afraid a sub is required for tonight.

Sorry partner.

No problem mate, Sunday is out for me for obvious reasons though.

Will leave it up to r0880 whether he wants a sub or not.

No problem mate, Sunday is out for me for obvious reasons though.

Will leave it up to r0880 whether he wants a sub or not.

You get my text helmet heid?

You are playing against STW,I will need to use a sub as Boof has pulled out.8pm tonight suit?

The Old Tolbooth

Default win for us John :whistling:

That'll do :D

You are playing against STW,I will need to use a sub as Boof has pulled out.8pm tonight suit?

I'm out tonight until later on mate, probably looking at after 10pm (possibly later) if that's any good, I don't think Dunks can make it tonight anyway mate as he's not free at the weekend. :(

Braw Braw Lads v Swing This Way

Friday at 8pm?

ok for 8pm anyone available as a sub post on here and hopefully BBL will invite

Robbo's reply about the braw braw gimps confused me that was all. Yes we know you pair are the best and are top of the league yawn yawn (Good one Ayeball). Still a pair of helmets though!

I'm supposed to be playing Mitchell and dunks,and i havent got a partner either :sad3: .Not sure what's happening,i'm all confused :dizzy2:

I'm supposed to be playing Mitchell and dunks,and i havent got a partner either :sad3: .Not sure what's happening,i'm all confused :dizzy2:

That's because one half of the daft team replied to you!!!

Fester can only play at 10 and that's too late for you. That's what I got!

That's because one half of the daft team replied to you!!!

Fester can only play at 10 and that's too late for you. That's what I got!

Sound,translation complete :thumbsup: .Away to my bed then,night night.

Robbo's reply about the braw braw gimps confused me that was all. Yes we know you pair are the best and are top of the league yawn yawn (Good one Ayeball). Still a pair of helmets though!

Well Sean and I did our best to stop the juggernaut from running away with the league but failed heroically.

We went 2 up early doors and missed an open goal to go 3 up.

Then they showed why they are top of the league and pulled it back at the turn to all level.

I think they may have gone 1 up before we got it together again and won a couple to go 1 up with 3 to play.

Only needing to win 1 of the last 3 holes to guarantee a half (what arse mentioned that?) we then proceeded to lose the last 3 holes to throw the match by 2 holes.

I feel I should mention that standing on the 16th tee 1 down r0880 was obviously worried about losing the match and their chances of the bonus joker points and decided to disrupt the match by disconnecting to upset the natural rhivumn of the Son's of Seve.

Unfortunately this had the desired effect and we simply crumbled over those last few holes.

Well played though guys, hopefully for the next league pairing Ayeball will have discovered that the average score of a legend does not compare equally to that of a master and we can get more even parings in future.

Sean and I have just placed an order for a couple of these.

820NS.jpg

Well Sean and I did our best to stop the juggernaut from running away with the league but failed heroically.

Then they showed why they are top of the league and pulled it back at the turn to all level.

I think they may have gone 1 up before we got it together again and won a couple to go 1 up with 3 to play.

Only needing to win 1 of the last 3 holes to guarantee a half (what arse mentioned that?) we then proceeded to lose the last 3 holes to throw the match by 2 holes.

I feel I should mention that standing on the 16th tee 1 down r0880 was obviously worried about losing the match and their chances of the bonus joker points and decided to disrupt the match by disconnecting to upset the natural rhivumn of the Son's of Seve.

Unfortunately this had the desired effect and we simply crumbled over those last few holes.

Well played though guys, hopefully for the next league pairing Ayeball will have discovered that the average score of a legend does not compare equally to that of a master and we can get more even parings in future.

820NS.jpg

have to say that was the hardest match yet, to summarise....a puttng comp ensued on almost all the greens we just could not get the approach shots inside 5 ft and then when we did we missed the feckin putts...lol

great match

good luck in your future matches.

well played all

The cocky ***** win again (good one Ayeball)

guess thats what the stars meant

The [Mod Edit] chaps win again (good one Ayeball)

This badword is apparently acceptable on this forum :)Mod note - it most certainly is not.

820NS.jpg

Summed up well.... You guys deserved at least a point out of the game tbh. A very tough, but enjoyable game though. How you are bottom of the league is a bit of a mystery.

Good luck in your other games.

Summed up well.... You guys deserved at least a point out of the game tbh. A very tough, but enjoyable game though. How you are bottom of the league is a bit of a mystery.

Good luck in your other games.

Patronising the opponents eh :(

What's happened to you?!

He wasn't so friendly standing on the 16th tee 1 down. :verymad:

Ignore him mate. He's a changed man.

Pass sorted yet !!!!

Edited by Bugman