Golf Game

jamborich

ArmiyaRomanova

I'm running slightly late, will be online in about 15-20 mins.

Sent from my HTC Vision

No problem, off for a cup of tea then.....

Can't be arsed reading the previous posts so if anyone needs a sub for tonight give me a shout.

We needed one an hour ago ya tart - JM is going to wait for Grant so they can continue their love-in. :tt1:

We needed one an hour ago ya tart - JM is going to wait for Grant so they can continue their love-in. :tt1:

Sorry but I needed a sleep after the game with Boof earlier. :disappointed:

Mark and Robbo raped us 5&4 well played chaps couldn't get near you.

Played Jamie. We weren't that bad just they are too good (Good one Ayeball) :facepalm:

another fun filled game

we actually managed to lose 2 holes(and 2 baws in the weeds) after winning the first 2 holes.

then we started to take it seriously and chipped and putted our way to a 5 & 4 win

good game guys well played partner.

Edited by r0880

another fun filled game

we actually managed to lose 2 holes(and 2 baws in the weeds) after winning the first 2 holes.

then we started to take it seriously and chipped and putted our way to a 5 & 4 win

good game guys well played partner.

Arrogant tossers

ArmiyaRomanova

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly vs Granny Bile.....

Granny Bile played their Joker for this game, figuring it might be the only one we stood a chance of picking up points in (sorry, TGTBTU, you'll probably do the same to us though!)

And miracle of miracles, we went 3 up after 3.

The TGTBTU pulled one back, and were stabilising their game until they hit MULCH on the 7th. Never seen that before, and they couldn't play out of it at all and went 4 down as a result. (anyone know how you're supposed to play of of mulch?)

Granny Bile held on to at least a 3up lead for most of the gamem ending 4 & 3 up after the 15th!

Our first win of the league, and with a joker on it - puts us mid-table for at least wee while....

Thanks for the game, TGTBTU, unlucky......

jamboinheaven

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly vs Granny Bile.....

Granny Bile played their Joker for this game, figuring it might be the only one we stood a chance of picking up points in (sorry, TGTBTU, you'll probably do the same to us though!)

And miracle of miracles, we went 3 up after 3.

The TGTBTU pulled one back, and were stabilising their game until they hit MULCH on the 7th. Never seen that before, and they couldn't play out of it at all and went 4 down as a result. (anyone know how you're supposed to play of of mulch?)

Granny Bile held on to at least a 3up lead for most of the gamem ending 4 & 3 up after the 15th!

Our first win of the league, and with a joker on it - puts us mid-table for at least wee while....

Thanks for the game, TGTBTU, unlucky......

thanks for game guys , i thought i got a wee boost from susie dishing up cheese on toast , but nope just made me over hit everything , reallt need to pull my cocks up for next games

ArmiyaRomanova

Anyone care to update me on the state of the other two fixtures this week.....

We have two results -

Silence Of The Bams beat Jamie and the Magic Bugman 5 & 4

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly lost to Granny Bile 4 & 3 (with Joker played)

And I see that JuanMilan vs Braw Braw Lads is in progress, with Beats as a sub for BBL.

What about Swing This Way vs Plus 8s?

EDIT: just read the last page - dispensation granted for this game to be played this week sometime - sounds like a connectivity nightmare.......

Edited by ArmiyaRomanova

ArmiyaRomanova

:stunned:

A game rife with Freudian slips - either that or someone needs to rein in the homoerotic innuendo.

Jeez, it was almost as bad as a Mitchell/Beats partnership at one point.

After three folk (weegranty, portobellojambo1 and graygo standing in for GforGallo) showing Job-like patience we finally abandoned after 7 holes with STW 1-up.

No idea how you want to call that one but for the sake of everyone elses' sanity I feel it'll be best if I withdraw from the tourney. Perhaps there may be someone else able to step into my (rather fetching) golf shoes - was anyone scunnered at missing out in the sign-up?

Anyway - apologies all round. I'll still fire around by meself and play in singles comps but until I get something (whatever it is that needs to be) sorted, I'd better stay out of team games.

After three folk (weegranty, portobellojambo1 and graygo standing in for GforGallo) showing Job-like patience we finally abandoned after 7 holes with STW 1-up.

No idea how you want to call that one but for the sake of everyone elses' sanity I feel it'll be best if I withdraw from the tourney. Perhaps there may be someone else able to step into my (rather fetching) golf shoes - was anyone scunnered at missing out in the sign-up?

Anyway - apologies all round. I'll still fire around by meself and play in singles comps but until I get something (whatever it is that needs to be) sorted, I'd better stay out of team games.

:(

Anyone care to update me on the state of the other two fixtures this week.....

We have two results -

Silence Of The Bams beat Jamie and the Magic Bugman 5 & 4

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly lost to Granny Bile 4 & 3 (with Joker played)

And I see that JuanMilan vs Braw Braw Lads is in progress, with Beats as a sub for BBL.

EDIT: just read the last page - dispensation granted for this game to be played this week sometime - sounds like a connectivity nightmare.......

JuanMilan vs Braw Braw Lads

JuanMilan win 3&2 after an entertaining game at Bethpage. Grant and John talking awfully nice to one another which was slightly off-putting but as soon as I mentioned John McGlynn, the swearing from Grant began. Anyway, after being 3 up early, JuanMilan were pegged back to just one up after 14 but a superb second to the 15th by Donny and another win at the 16th, JuanMilan took it 3&2. Thanks for the game guys and enjoy Wednesday and Sunday.

The Old Tolbooth

Arrogant tossers

:rofl:

Genuine laugh out loud moment right there! :lol:

A game rife with Freudian slips - either that or someone needs to rein in the homoerotic innuendo.

Jeez, it was almost as bad as a Mitchell/Beats partnership at one point.

They can only aspire to live up to our standards Nigel, Craig tries hard but sadly falls very short (in more depts than one apparently) :ninja:

Well played chaps. Me and John got beat :(

Thanks for asking me John it was a pleasure

Thanks again old chum, twas an absolute pleasure playing round Bethpage with you, shame Donny had to resort to slagging us both off to try and get a rise but we showed our class by rising above it, sad little man! ;)

Anyway, Bugman was clearly very tired after having only completed a round five minutes before starting our one, and it was a heroic effort from the man who played some superb shots, myself on the other hand, well I'm not well, I've got manflu *cough cough* and it just wasn't the best time to be carrying a bag on my back (that's enough about Donny though). I wasn't in the frame of mind for playing tonight and my medication meant I bravely soldiered on *cough cough*, and despite the difficult circumstances facing us both, we plugged away but our efforts were in vain as Ally carried Donny to a 3&2 win in the end.

Well played Ally, played some cracking shots to swing it in your favour out there mate, but you're gonna be in a wheelchair carrying all that weight around before you're 50 at this rate! :thumbsup:

Right, time to climb back into my death bed *cough cough*

death-bed.jpg

Edited by johnmitchell

ArmiyaRomanova

Sad to hear - is it really that bad?

I hope maybe weegranty can find someone else to take over, although I think that everyone who wanted a place in the league got one. There are some folk who used to play still lurking around WGT though, so he might be able to find someone.

But in the event that he doesn't, the sub rule is waived for him, so if necessary he can play out the rest of the league with a different sub each week. Not ideal, but not the first time it's happened either - I recall Mark having to do this the very first time we ran a league.

And this week's game between Swing This Way and Plus 8s has dispensation to be replayed before Sunday 2nd December, with whoever weegranty can get to step in.

Edited by ArmiyaRomanova

ArmiyaRomanova

AS LEAGUE - AFTER SEVEN WEEKS (with 1 game stp)

Silence Of the Bams now looking unassailable, 9 points clear of the chasing pack. Credit to 'em, they're clearly playing blinders.....

Second and third positions have swapped round thanks to hole difference, with JuanMilan now occupying 2nd.

Biggest move of the week comes from Granny Bile, who won playing their Joker to shift from last place to 6th place, leaving The Good The Bad And The Ugly adrift at the foot of the table (though they still have their joker to play).

1st The Silence of the Bams - 21

2nd JuanMilan - 12

3rd Jamie and the magic Bugman - 12

4th Swing This Way - 10

5th Braw Braw Lads - 9

6th Granny Bile - 8

7th Plus 8s? - 7

8th Sons Of Seve - 7

9th The Good, the Bad and the Ugly - 3

Full table to be found here.

Next week's fixtures coming up in a few minutes......

Sad to hear - is it really that bad?

After taking 28 minutes to load 33% (honest, it doesn't do that when I'm playing solo...) PJ reckoned he'd have time to have his dinner and clean the bathroom before we got started. :lol:

Good luck weegranty - I'll be cheering you on from afar. And 2 hours behind as well :whistling:

ArmiyaRomanova

AS LEAGUE - WEEK EIGHT FIXTURES

Sons of Seve host The Silence of the Bams

Braw Braw Lads host Swing This Way

Jamie and the magic Bugman host The Good The Bad And The Ugly

Granny Bile host JuanMilan

Plus8s? would be sitting on the sidelines this week, but they have dispensation to replay their tie against Swing This Way, assuming either Boof invents PC rocket fuel or weegranty finds a sub. FYI, if Boof really does drop out, and anyone wants to join Swing This Way on a (semi)permanent basis, it's OK for a player to be in two teams at the same time (in this instance, just trying to be helpful)

Anyhoo, all these ties to be completed by MIDNIGHT on Sunday 2nd December. Good luck everyone. :thumbsup:

Jamie and the magic Bugman host The Good The Bad And The Ugly

I can only play Sat or at a push Sunday but I'll be smashed beyond belief on Sunday :lol:

I am sorry you have made this decision,sad it had to come to that.Is there nothing you can do to improve things(ie get an expert in to check that eveything is in order).If it is any consolation i realy do'nt mind putting up with this problem if you want to continue.

Woo hoo - Back in me hoose and a full 71Mbps Boof :P

Thanks once again for standing in for me Beats :thumbsup:

Right, this get this next fecker played before the feckin weekend Mr Mitchell

:pleasing: