Tonight's televised debate

redm

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Private Hudson

I think Brown is kicking arse so far

Agreed. He's doing very well. Cameron still looking out of his depth.

He couldn't even say the sentence Improvised Explosive Device. Had to hesitate and miss out the Improvised word. :mellow:

Yep I agree too.

I'm no great fan. In fact I'm very undecided this time but Gordon is the only one who sounds like he knows the job (logical as he does it!) but you get my meaning. He readily has figures, facts and looks very secure.

Commander Harris

Stuck on a train tonight so if any kind person is planning on enduring tonight's debate, updates would be most gratefully received.

Doesn't even have to be political, the colour of ties, silly expressions, gaffes and amount of perspiration on brows will do. :)

there's a feed on the sky news website or if you don't have silverlight the guardian are carrying it too http://www.guardian....ebate-live-blog

not sure if the train wifi or whatever you happen to be on will be up to that but thought I'd let you know. ?

EDIT: just remembered you'll probably be on an iphone so no flash or silverlight, och well i'll leave the link there for others.

Prince Buaben

This is getting tasty. Both D & G attacking Nick.

Always going happen after last week.

This is getting tasty. Both D & G attacking Nick.

Expected though. Gordon simply put facts to him, Dave though needs to take Nick out for his own good now, The analyst said earlier he expected to see Dave use whatever means to get to Nick.

Boris, I don't think Britain has ever shown an interest in facilitating an accurate representation of the population so I don't think it's reasonable to think anything will seriously change. The system was created and designed to rule an Empire, and if an objective, accurate assessment was made, I think it would be concluded that its had its day. All these parties will bang on about empowering local people and communities, yet they all colluded to block a referendum on independence. The level of hypocrisy here is searing.

So just so I'm clear. The same people who are telling Scots they cannot have a referendum on their future government, are the same people who maintain and develop an unelected second chamber with the powers to delay or alter legislation. The same people who support a Referendum in Wales on the extension of devolved powers. The same people who are proposing a Referendum on the AV system of voting to their Parliament. Genuinely, can anyone tell me why the people who are allowed free propaganda time on the Nations TVs are so vehemently against democracy in Scotland, and actively in favour of it in the rest of the U.K.?

Private Hudson

Stuck on a train tonight so if any kind person is planning on enduring tonight's debate, updates would be most gratefully received.

Doesn't even have to be political, the colour of ties, silly expressions, gaffes and amount of perspiration on brows will do. :)

Clegg keeps hitting his lectern and the mic keeps emitting an annoying thump noise every time he does it. Random enough? thumbsup.gif

Quite interesting so far.

Brown doing well (again - I thought he was pretty good last week albeit not in Clegg's league) and Clegg is holding his own too. Cameron seems slightly more assured than last week but still lacking something, imo.

Dave's little Euro comment seems to be biting his ass.

They're taking any opportunity to let him know all the stuff he wants to do involves working with Europe.

Commander Harris

?question re the pope and child abuse as well as contraception...

should be interesting...

Doesn't even have to be political, the colour of ties, silly expressions, gaffes and amount of perspiration on brows will do. smile.gif

Pay attention to their lips people, there are lots of clues in their lips. redm is a charming poster.

The Mighty Thor

Aye the topic of Europe is bubbling under the surface nicely.

Cameron's arse will go when it rears it's head as that'll be his race run.

Commander Harris

Any streams lads and lassies?thumbsup.gif

see my post above. ?live at the sky news website or on the guardian. ?I think the express have it too.

Private Hudson

Wasn't this covered last week? Is that question just an excuse for Cameron and Brown to parrot recent Tory newspaper allegations against Clegg? Or am I paranoid?

The Mighty Thor

poor question.

It was all done last week.

EDIT: Clegg just made a mistake by glibly brushing over the Telegraph allegations today.

Wasn't this covered last week? Is that question just an excuse for Cameron and Brown to parrot recent Tory newspaper allegations against Clegg? Or am I paranoid?

It was, but Clegg has knocked it back with a straight bat.

So far he is having a good game.

Now we are on electoral reform - Cameron is floundering.

Prince Buaben

Wonder if sky have cameron winning this one too?

Brown may take a beating on pensions

Geoff Kilpatrick

I think it's been pretty even Steven, but then I was dozing through it on the World Service for the initial stages.

Malinga the Swinga

A quick summary. Those who liked Clegg last time, think he is doing ok this time, and the others are not.

Those who liked Brown last time, and hate Cameron think Brown is doing ok this time and Cameron is light weight.

Those who liked Cameron the last time think he is doing ok and Brown is useless.

In other words, everyone has ther fixed opinion and will vote for who they have always voted for, regardless of what is discussed tonight, or tomorrow or the next day.

British politics sucks as do all Brit politicians.

Have given up watching, as they are all crap.

Wonder if sky have cameron winning this one too?

Brown may take a beating on pensions

Just seen a poll on Sky News that says cameron and clegg are winning the debate with 40% each. Disagree myself

Just seen a poll on Sky News that says cameron and clegg are winning the debate with 40% each. Disagree myself

sky news gave the debate to cameron by about 5% last week

Sorry but didn't old Grace realise she'd not be able to work forever?

Cannie be arsed with folk like that.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Er, why has no one suggested merging all the old age benefits and paying it in the pension? Save on bureaucracy and let old people decide how to spend their money.

Dave lost the rag a wee bit

for him that may be a good thing. it looks past the PR obsessed image to someone with fire in his belly.

Respite for carers two weeks in a row! No doubt a genuine issue (I've worked in care homes) but not worthy of so much time. Was this not supposed to be about foreign policy?

Cameron just cracked one off over the army of carers in Britain.

To me, Gordon Brown seems to spend too much time saying how scared we should all be of a Tory and/or Lib Dem Government, and not enough time explaining what Labour will offer. "Vote Labour or everything will break, fail and disintegrate". Right Gordon...

I had to laugh when Brown said pulling out of Europe would cost 3,000,000 UK jobs. Does that include the 2,500,000 who are unemployed already?

I don't think Brown is doing well, and can understand how the Sky polls have Cameron and Clegg well ahead.

Private Hudson

Good grief. Has he not cottoned on yet that his 'jobs tax' schtick just isnae working? Let it go, man.

Bethlehem? Bel?n in Spanish, a common girls' name, but I'd never heard it in English.

Private Hudson

Wasn't this covered last week as well? Who's vetted these questions? Al Zheimer? (Bad gag, apologies).

Throwaway lines about banks again....

To be fair Geoff, that sort of soundbite is going to resonate with the electorate.

Geoff Kilpatrick

To be fair Geoff, that sort of soundbite is going to resonate with the electorate.

Of course! They wouldn't say it otherwise!

Who is the fat freak presenting? He did a terrible job of running the debate.

Yep no authority. The boy last week was far better

Geoff Kilpatrick

"I called the world together" - Gordon Brown

You were chair of the G20 you muppet!

The People's Chimp

Interesting manoeuvre by cameron cutting clegg off with the brown handshake at the end.

Private Hudson

All I learned from from that is that Sky do shan live debates. Same questions as last time with some Murdoch low tactics thrown in.

Archived