Tonight's televised debate

redm

Aha. I've been trying to work out what it is specifically that makes Dave look so smarmy and I've got it. He has no top lip.

Jesus Christ.

You're right! :o

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aha. I've been trying to work out what it is specifically that makes Dave look so smarmy and I've got it. He has no top lip.

He's a reptilian shapeshifter.

The Mighty Thor

Did call me dave just say stop the NI rise and use that money for drugs?

How does that work?

Nah that ?6 billion is to keep hi muckers in big business happy. You must be on about the other ?6 billion. It's down the side of the settee in Number 11 downing st

clegg is standing with his hand's in his pockets. probably playing pocket billiards.

Gigolo-Aunt

clegg is standing with his hand's in his pockets. probably playing pocket billiards.

And rightly so.

Private Hudson

It's not exactly hard for Cleggnut. Moaning about the 2 main parties, he can say what he wants.

In the same way that it's easy being a Hearts fan cos we can have a go at the uglies?

Actually, that's a gash analogy. Ignore.

The People's Chimp

I can't listen to cameron for more than 10 seconds without wanting to scream. Awful.

Call Me Dave's bullshit must have got stuck in his Eton u-bend tonight - he's really struggled. Which, mod edit is nice! :whistling:

iTV polling on the debate:

Clegg 46%

Brown 34%

Cameron 20%

Politics pwnage.

The Mighty Thor

Clegg 46%

Brown 34%

Cameron 20%

Politics pwnage.

Wow.

That's a fecking tanking the smug, glib, vacuous mod edit has taken.

chester copperpot

I've gotta say, in the interest of being fair, Clegg has come across excellent tonight.

Sorry, couldn't post because was trying to interpret the debate.

He's done well. I honestly thought Cameron would kick ass here, but he just hasn't.

Private Hudson

It would be ace if Dave just held up his hands and said, "I've been raped here. Game over, man. Game over."

Gigolo-Aunt

It would be ace if Dave just held up his hands and said, "I've been raped here. Game over, man. Game over."

:D

laugh.gif

Prince Buaben

Clegg 46%

Brown 34%

Cameron 20%

Politics pwnage.

Sky News

Clegg 36%

Cameron 36%

Brown 28%

:blink:

Snake Plissken

Let's face it guys...

Clegg beating Brown and Cameron tonight is the equivalent of me beating a couple of cripples at break-dancing.

Sky News

Clegg 36%

Cameron 36%

Brown 28%

i wouldnt trust sky news for anything.

Gigolo-Aunt

Let's face it guys...

Clegg beating Brown and Cameron tonight is the equivalent of me beating a couple of cripples at break-dancing.

Still good to watch though.

:geek:

chester copperpot

Sky News

Clegg 36%

Cameron 36%

Brown 28%

Think that's a bit skewed.

As a hater of Lib Dem's, Clegg was by far the best speaker there. IMO. He's probably just made the hung parliament even more possible. I now regret my 'Voting for Lib Dems is like scrunching up your voting paper and chucking it in the bin' quote.

Snake Plissken

Still good to watch though.

:geek:

The debate or me bustin' some moves?

shaun.lawson

I want to work for the Lib Dems. Hopefully, we saw why tonight. Clegg won that by a distance. Brown improved after a wooden start - but sorry, Cameron wasn't horsed. He did OK, and didn't do a lot wrong. It's still his to lose, as much as I despise his politics.

heartsfc_fan

I want to work for the Lib Dems. Hopefully, we saw why tonight. Clegg won that by a distance. Brown improved after a wooden start - but sorry, Cameron wasn't horsed. He did OK, and didn't do a lot wrong. It's still his to lose, as much as I despise his politics.

Shawn, you've changed your user name :blink:

Brown doing a bit of freelance hand-shaking, the maverick! :laugh:

Did anyone else catch Clegg slyly ripping the piss whilst Brown was away hand-shaking?

Cameron sounded like a mentalist. And he said "do-do".

Gigolo-Aunt

Whats with the name change???

:mellow:

Private Hudson

Seriously? Even if you watched that with the sound off he was clearly struggling! His only tactic after having his 'policies' pished on was to kiss ass and wail that he had been ganged up on!

Shaun, Cameron tanked. He was easy pickings for Clegg and Brown, and he didn't fight back well at all.

Get the ******* name changed back.

Sky News

Clegg 36%

Cameron 36%

Brown 28%

SKY News afet 90 minutes is:

DC - 53%

NC - 28%

GB - 19%

I never actually watched but would be delighted it this is accurate and incompetenant, constantly lying Brown is bottom of the pile.

chester copperpot

Why do you hate the Lib Dems?

Been brought up to think it's a waste of a vote.

Old school father who drummed it into me. Cannot shake it off, though he was excellent tonight.

shaun.lawson

Shawn, you've changed your user name :blink:

Whats with the name change???

:mellow:

Name change is temporary, while I look for work. I don't want anything I say on here being used by a potential employer against me! Normal service will resume shortly.

Seriously? Even if you watched that with the sound off he was clearly struggling! His only tactic after having his 'policies' pished on was to kiss ass and wail that he had been ganged up on!

Shaun, Cameron tanked. He was easy pickings for Clegg and Brown, and he didn't fight back well at all.

No he didn't. He didn't shine, but I don't see what he did wrong. He was stuck in neutral, largely because he has far and away the most to lose - but bear in mind that if the Lib Dems get a bounce from this, it could be Labour seats they benefit in. Seats like Islington, where I've volunteered for the Lib Dems over the rest of the campaign. :)

Do The Dance

Cameron sounded like a mentalist. And he said "do-do".

Ha ha. I lauged when he said that. He's an arse.

Clegg came across well, and I agreed with alot of what he was saying.

Took that survey on this site a couple of weeks back which also pointed me towards the lib dems..

Randle P McMurphy

you must have watched a different version from me then. he was totally unconvincing and uncomfortable throughout. he started out with some pi$h about a 40 year old black man who had been in the navy for 30 years and then continued with stories of all these other unlikely people he had talked to throughout the country. mind you party of the problem is the lack of substance in the tory manifesto.

Been brought up to think it's a waste of a vote.

Old school father who drummed it into me. Cannot shake it off, though he was excellent tonight.

I live in Edinburgh West. That's been a Lib Dem seat for my entire life. But John Barrett is standing down at this election. I'm not sure how that seat will swing as he stands down. Anything other than Tory is fine by me. :thumbsup:

Private Hudson

Name change is temporary, while I look for work. I don't want anything I say on here being used by a potential employer against me! Normal service will resume shortly.

No he didn't. He didn't shine, but I don't see what he did wrong. He was stuck in neutral, largely because he has far and away the most to lose - but bear in mind that if the Lib Dems get a bounce from this, it could be Labour seats they benefit in. Seats like Islington, where I've volunteered for the Lib Dems over the rest of the campaign. :)

I think you feel the need to back Cameron slightly because you don't like 'inverted snobbery'. He was raped, big time, and it was nothing to do with class.

SKY News afet 90 minutes is:

DC - 53%

NC - 28%

GB - 19%

I never actually watched but would be delighted it this is accurate and incompetenant, constantly lying Brown is bottom of the pile.

All change it seems, GB has surged past them - dissapointing for me as the guy is a liar but as I never watched it, I do not know how he performed on the day - will still never vote for the lying incompetent oaf though.

GB - 35%

NC - 33%

DC - 32%

Pretty close.

chester copperpot

I live in Edinburgh West. That's been a Lib Dem seat for my entire life. But John Barrett is standing down at this election. I'm not sure how that seat will swing as he stands down. Anything other than Tory is fine by me. :thumbsup:

It's weird, because when it comes to the council elections, I vote the individual, not the party.

However the individual in my area is fecking superb, so he splintered off into his own party, which made it far far easier for me to vote for him.

Incidentally, the individual sorted something that was an issue for me within 2 weeks, he really did what I asked from him, so that sticks with me for a long time. Plus he releases a monthly update, and it's all about working for the local community, which is what it should be from your local councillor.

shaun.lawson

I think you feel the need to back Cameron slightly because you don't like 'inverted snobbery'. He was raped, big time, and it was nothing to do with class.

I think the above is complete nonsense. I reckon the public will have scored it Clegg-Cameron-Brown. I also reckon you have pre-conceived ideas about Cameron which will influence your views anyway.

Archived