**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

On 03/10/2022 at 03:29, ri Alban said:

I'd put Taylor Heinicke back in. Assets like Mclaurin, Samuel, Dotson and Gibson, who can't be utilised, because the starting QB has Dartitis. Hopefully CW comes good before our season is ended in October. 

Did I mention Thomas and McKissic. How CW can't use these lads, is beyond me. He gets good protection most of the time, he needs to let the ball go.

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

NFL players association are wanting new concussion rules brought in before this weekends round of games. it all comes from the dolphins QB was allowed to carry on playing after sustaining an head injury v the bills and then played 4 days later and ended up sustaining concussion.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/american-football/63183497

Malinga the Swinga

Congratulations to Carson Wentz for throwing another game away. Intercepted with shit throw into coverage because he appears to suffer from utter ****ing stupidity.

Also, well done to play calling team for managing to run only 6 plays in about two and a bit minutes near end 4th quarter leaving themselves unable to call a running play from 2 yard line.

Exceptional ****ing stupidity with Riviera to blame as he is head coach.

Worst display of clock management I have ever seen.

Malinga the Swinga
32 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Absolutely embarrassing 4th quarter. 🖕

If you're going to crash, then crash in style. Think we have poorest NFL season I've seen. A few good receptions but QB's are poor, defence ls shit all over place and umpiring horrendously inconsistent.

J.T.F.Robertson
37 minutes ago, Ribble said:

haha

only positives from today is that Pickett gets more experience and we’d be forth pick if the draft happened today

our wr corps are utterly woeful however, 5 games in and zero receiving tds

I'd be inclined to suggest we "tank" but we're capable of doing that without even intending to.

Agree about Pickett, VERY early days but to me he has promise. Disagree about the wr's though, especially Pickens, he looks like he could be special. Diontae is another story, goes from penthouse to outhouse too much. Can be spectacular one time and then come up with a dose of the droppsies next up.

We really should be 0 and 5, cause how we won in Cinci that opening  game beats me.

11 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Absolutely embarrassing 4th quarter. 🖕

Yep, we might have been down to our 3rd string QB, lost Armstead, and missing our starting CB's...but none of them were responsible for letting the Jets run all over us for 4 TD's. Our D is not good.

23 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

Yep, we might have been down to our 3rd string QB, lost Armstead, and missing our starting CB's...but none of them were responsible for letting the Jets run all over us for 4 TD's. Our D is not good.

It'd be very Miami to lose every game to the end of the season.  🤨🤣😐

"The NFL is a mafia," he recently told an associate. "All the owners hate each other."

"That's not true," one veteran owner says. "All the owners hate Dan."

Edited by PortyJambo

That was some college game last night between Tennessee and Alabama, with a tremendous finish. Alabama go for a 50 yd FG with under 30 seconds to go ahead but miss it, leaving Tennessee with 13 seconds to move 30-40 yds to get into FG range to win it (shades of Buffalo-KC last year). Two passes later and they kick a FG with 2 seconds left to beat Alabama for the first time in 15 years or something. 

Always a nice college football Saturday when Nick Satan's team loses 😁

J.T.F.Robertson
7 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

That was some college game last night between Tennessee and Alabama, with a tremendous finish. Alabama go for a 50 yd FG with under 30 seconds to go ahead but miss it, leaving Tennessee with 13 seconds to move 30-40 yds to get into FG range to win it (shades of Buffalo-KC last year). Two passes later and they kick a FG with 2 seconds left to beat Alabama for the first time in 15 years or something. 

Always a nice college football Saturday when Nick Satan's team loses 😁

6 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

Scenes after the game

Fabulous game! I'm not into NCAA the way I was many moons ago but back then I made Tennessee my college team. 102,000 crowd. 😨

Miami completing a shite sporting weekend for me. 🖕

* just remembered the Red Wings at least won. 😁

Edited by neilnunb

18 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

I've maybe got aqua tinted glasses on, but I think we would have won 2 of these last 3 games at least if we'd had Tua fit and available.

1 minute ago, PortyJambo said:

I've maybe got aqua tinted glasses on, but I think we would have won 2 of these last 3 games at least if we'd had Tua fit and available.

He's back next week, right? Fingers crossed it makes a difference but the season is looking like turning into another disaster.  

46 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

He's back next week, right? Fingers crossed it makes a difference but the season is looking like turning into another disaster.  

Yeah, back next week. Must win game now on Sunday night against the Steelers.

J.T.F.Robertson
5 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Flames and Steelers both won. 👍

Vicarious living sucks. :(

Despite the defeat against the chargers it was some game by Alex Singleton for Denver last night, 2nd most solo tackles in a game ever with 19! Only noticed due to my fantasy score for the week rocketing, 38 points from a linebacker!

2 hours ago, Ribble said:

Despite the defeat against the chargers it was some game by Alex Singleton for Denver last night, 2nd most solo tackles in a game ever with 19! Only noticed due to my fantasy score for the week rocketing, 38 points from a linebacker!

Penalties cost you.

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Penalties cost you.

Cost me nowt, for my sins i'm a steelers fan, just noticed Singleton had an incredible game

9 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Cost me nowt, for my sins i'm a steelers fan, just noticed Singleton had an incredible game

Well that's even worse 🤣

J.T.F.Robertson
On 18/10/2022 at 05:10, Ribble said:

Was with the Calgary Stampeders for a bit and was a cut above.

Malinga the Swinga

Washington finally get rid of Carson W and what do we do, bring back Heinicke who was garbage last season and hasn't improved this season.

FFS play the young guy, Howell I believe, you drafted as he can't be worse than the two tried so far.

Heinicke fails from 3 goes for TD and then intercepted for defensive TD. He really is bad.