• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

As I have said previously, I don't have particular experience in watching the sport yet but this is the strangest ending to a game ever from the Bengals. I get running the clock down but they have passed up numerous opportunities to just put it to bed. 

It's a good job the Jets are absolutely shite because it's almost as if the Bengals don't want to win.

15 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Haha yippee. Ran out of time 🤣

3-0 baby!

50th anniversary this year of the Perfect Season, just about time for a repeat 😉

Washington are mince. Another wasted year. 

Oh goodie,  The Cowboys up next, ffs! 

I'd like Miami to win it, they look the business.

luckyBatistuta
20 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Bad one for Tua. Struggling to stand after getting a knock on the head. Wobbling all over. No way he can continue.

How the heck was he allowed back on the field, looked like he was seriously concussed there🤔

31 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

How the heck was he allowed back on the field, looked like he was seriously concussed there🤔

He said it was his back which was hurt and that's what caused his legs to wobble. Not convinced myself.

luckyBatistuta
14 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

He said it was his back which was hurt and that's what caused his legs to wobble. Not convinced myself.

Not convinced either, no way that looked like a back injury. He shakes his head first before he staggers. 

Just now, luckyBatistuta said:

Not convinced either, no way that looked like a back injury. He shakes his head first before he staggers. 

Yep and at no point does he reach round to touch his back. Who hurts a part of their body and doesn't touch it afterwards?!

20 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Washington are mince. Another wasted year. 

Oh goodie,  The Cowboys up next, ffs! 

I'd like Miami to win it, they look the business.

Kinda there too, Steelers are rotten and without TJ Watt for at least the next 6 weeks (we're 0-6 when he's not playing) I can only foresee us ending up in the top half of the draft next season

1 hour ago, Ribble said:

Kinda there too, Steelers are rotten and without TJ Watt for at least the next 6 weeks (we're 0-6 when he's not playing) I can only foresee us ending up in the top half of the draft next season

Tbh probably not the worst outcome for the Steelers. There looks to be a fair few holes.

29 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Tbh probably not the worst outcome for the Steelers. There looks to be a fair few holes.

I'd say more than a fair few tbh, got to hope Pickett is the real deal at QB and we're just giving him this season to learn the system before taking over from Trubisky otherwise that'll be another QB we need, neither RB impresses me, our Oline is weak and desperately needs another OT, the Dline can't stop the run so needs a ILB, need another CB to replace Hayden, and no real depth to our receiving corps

The whiny tears from Buffalo fans on social media after Miami beat them have been delicious.

"It's too hot"

"It's not fair! Miami should be told to build an air-conditioned dome"

"Our whole team was injured/dead/suffered heat stroke" (*delete as required)

"Miami should be investigated by OSHA for endangering the workforce" (yes, some Bills fan tweeted that - I'm assuming OSHA is the US version of Health and Safety.

I don't recall any complaints when they beat Miami 7 games in a row before Sunday. News flash, Miami is hot in September.

The self styled Bills Mafia can be a fun fan base, but seems they've attracted a bunch of entitled whiners

Edited by PortyJambo

3 hours ago, Ribble said:

I'd say more than a fair few tbh, got to hope Pickett is the real deal at QB and we're just giving him this season to learn the system before taking over from Trubisky otherwise that'll be another QB we need, neither RB impresses me, our Oline is weak and desperately needs another OT, the Dline can't stop the run so needs a ILB, need another CB to replace Hayden, and no real depth to our receiving corps

And as much as TJ Watt is a phenominal player, he's not the most reliable in terms of fitness? Or it maybe just appears that way? I don't follow you guys religiously so might be talking nonsense there.

42 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Well looks like the unbeaten start is over. Tua also ****ed.

😡

The Bengals are garbage. Beat The Bills and lose to these imposters.

Edited by ri Alban

On 27/09/2022 at 15:32, hmfc_liam06 said:

And as much as TJ Watt is a phenominal player, he's not the most reliable in terms of fitness? Or it maybe just appears that way? I don't follow you guys religiously so might be talking nonsense there.

Until this injury he’d never played less than 15 games per season since coming to the Steelers but games he’s missed have been important so maybe why it feels like he’s been injured more since his absence will have been talked about more when it’s a playoff game rather than just missing week 6 etc

Just watched the highlights there as it was blacked out. 

Seems to be what everyone expected apart from the Dolphins fans. Most of the media teams over there predicted a Bengals win. 

Hopefully can crash on now and get that shocking start out the system. Still can't believe the Steelers game.

1 hour ago, Ribble said:

Until this injury he’d never played less than 15 games per season since coming to the Steelers but games he’s missed have been important so maybe why it feels like he’s been injured more since his absence will have been talked about more when it’s a playoff game rather than just missing week 6 etc

Aye you’re maybe right, perception more than anything.

6 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Well looks like the unbeaten start is over. Tua also ****ed.

😡

Was scary when Tua went down, looked a very serious injury from the reaction of everyone. Thankfully it seems like it's not quite as serious as it first looked, and we've got 10 days before the next game, but I'd still expect it might be Bridgewater playing that one.

Bridgewater did ok and we still could have won the game due to our D keeping us in the game until they wore down (especially with X leaving injured too), but the offence didn't look as dangerous with him in there. His interception near the end finished off any chance we realistically had.

luckyBatistuta
5 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

Was scary when Tua went down, looked a very serious injury from the reaction of everyone. Thankfully it seems like it's not quite as serious as it first looked, and we've got 10 days before the next game, but I'd still expect it might be Bridgewater playing that one.

Bridgewater did ok and we still could have won the game due to our D keeping us in the game until they wore down (especially with X leaving injured too), but the offence didn't look as dangerous with him in there. His interception near the end finished off any chance we realistically had.

Surely the Dolphins have to answer some questions here. That was never a back injury week 3, definitely a concussion. They stick him straight back in and now this, risking the guys career and life here by the looks of it. 

Edited by luckyBatistuta

2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Surely the Dolphins have to answer some questions here. That was never a back injury week 3, definitely a concussion. They stick him straight back in and now this, risking the guys career and life here by the looks of it. 

I've seen plenty of people say last Sunday was definitely a concussion, but without being there when he was examined, there's no way to know that.

I have back issues, and have had spasms that have given me the exact same symptoms as Tua did, stumbling, unsteady on my feet when trying to stand up or walk, to know that that could definitely have been his back. Only Tua and the doctors will know. Plus its an independently NFL appointed doctor that does the concussion tests, not a team doc.

Edited by PortyJambo

"The unaffiliated neurotrauma consultant involved in clearing Dolphins QB Tua Tagovailoa during Sunday's game against the Bills has been fired after it was found he made "several mistakes" in his evaluation, according to ESPN and multiple reports."

Seen this on social media.

1 hour ago, 151 said:

"The unaffiliated neurotrauma consultant involved in clearing Dolphins QB Tua Tagovailoa during Sunday's game against the Bills has been fired after it was found he made "several mistakes" in his evaluation, according to ESPN and multiple reports."

Seen this on social media.

Being served up as a patsy by the NFL.

Right decision to fire the doc, but the doctor is not the only one at fault in this case.

Tua should never, ever have been allowed to take the field on Thursday after the state he was in on Sunday.

His team, his coaches, his team mates, his franchise and the NFL as a whole are all at fault for allowing him to be put in such danger on Thursday.

This one doctor is a sacrificial lamb and now the entire thing is going to be swept under the carpet and never talked about again.

Player health is a huge issue in the NFL and too many people are trying to pretend it's not.

5 hours ago, Cade said:

Right decision to fire the doc, but the doctor is not the only one at fault in this case.

Tua should never, ever have been allowed to take the field on Thursday after the state he was in on Sunday.

His team, his coaches, his team mates, his franchise and the NFL as a whole are all at fault for allowing him to be put in such danger on Thursday.

This one doctor is a sacrificial lamb and now the entire thing is going to be swept under the carpet and never talked about again.

Player health is a huge issue in the NFL and too many people are trying to pretend it's not.

Aye, because none of this is down to him.  :Aye:

Malinga the Swinga

Carson Wentz will never be the answer to any question, unless question is 'who is quarterback most likely to hang onto ball for far too long, fumble it when tackled, and generally be utter shit, when it really matters'.

6 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Carson Wentz will never be the answer to any question, unless question is 'who is quarterback most likely to hang onto ball for far too long, fumble it when tackled, and generally be utter shit, when it really matters'.

I'd put Taylor Heinicke back in. Assets like Mclaurin, Samuel, Dotson and Gibson, who can't be utilised, because the starting QB has Dartitis. Hopefully CW comes good before our season is ended in October. 

Edited by ri Alban

luckyBatistuta
19 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I'd put Taylor Heinicke back in. Assets like Mclaurin, Samuel, Dotson and Gibson, who can't be utilised, because the starting QB has Dartitis. Hopefully CW comes good before our season is ended in October. 

You already know what you’ve got with Heinicke, just a bang average QB. Why not give Sam Howell a shot, did well in preseason and Rivera was singing his praises. The guy had 68 touchdown passes in his sophomore season which I think is still a conference record. He’s a mobile QB too, certainly can’t do any worse than Wentzzz

10 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

You already know what you’ve got with Heinicke, just a bang average QB. Why not give Sam Howell a shot, did well in preseason and Rivera was singing his praises. The guy had 68 touchdown passes in his sophomore season which I think is still a conference record. He’s a mobile QB too, certainly can’t do any worse than Wentzzz

Next year.

luckyBatistuta
22 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Next year.

Why wait, are you happy to have Heinicke waste another Commanders season.  It’s something that’s pissed me off with the Colts, they’ve stumbled from one stop gap QB to the next and wasted an opportunity with a decent squad. How will you know if he’s a hidden gem unless you put him in there. The offensive weapons are all there for him.

15 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Why wait, are you happy to have Heinicke waste another Commanders season.  It’s something that’s pissed me off with the Colts, they’ve stumbled from one stop gap QB to the next and wasted an opportunity with a decent squad. How will you know if he’s a hidden gem unless you put him in there. The offensive weapons are all there for him.

I don't trust Washington after what happened to RG3. They'd feck him up.

luckyBatistuta
40 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I don't trust Washington after what happened to RG3. They'd feck him up.

Well give him over here, rather have him than Matty Thin Ice

2 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Well give him over here, rather have him than Matty Thin Ice

You can have Wentz back. :cheese: I'll take Ryan, no problem.

luckyBatistuta
12 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

You can have Wentz back. :cheese: I'll take Ryan, no problem.

How bad has it become that we’re stuck with these two duds😩

5 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

How bad has it become that we’re stuck with these two duds😩

Your lot is nowhere near levels of Snyder Bad yet. 

Edited by ri Alban

anyone moaning about their QB clearly hasn't seen Trubisky through 3.5 games before he got benched for Kenny Pickett

Passer rating of 73.7 - 31st in the NFL, Completion % he's 28th, yards per attempt? dead last, total yardage 30th, points per game 25th, 2 TD's and 2 Int for the season, his passing rating against the jets was 41.8 before he got hooked

18 minutes ago, Ribble said:

anyone moaning about their QB clearly hasn't seen Trubisky through 3.5 games before he got benched for Kenny Pickett

Passer rating of 73.7 - 31st in the NFL, Completion % he's 28th, yards per attempt? dead last, total yardage 30th, points per game 25th, 2 TD's and 2 Int for the season, his passing rating against the jets was 41.8 before he got hooked

That was some TD throw they didn't award.