**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

8 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I was working yesterday, so I was having to watch the games back on my GamePass. I watched the Jags v Steelers, which was incredible, what a game. I woke up this morning buzzing after watching that game and now looking forward to the Saints v Vikings. I turned the tv on, clicked on the GamePass app and then selected games, it opened and there right right below the games was next weeks games, so I now knew the Vikings won. ??????

285FEA1D-473D-4572-BF1D-F16577795DCB.jpeg

Game Pass really thinks of everything. 

In this case, you knew the outcome but I love how they don't reveal the score when you are looking at games retrospectively

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

luckyBatistuta
9 minutes ago, Deodato said:

In this case, you knew the outcome but I love how they don't reveal the score when you are looking at games retrospectively

Really thinks of everything???

If they did, they wouldn’t put the fixtures for next week up until later in the week and certainly not right next to the weeks fixtures that folk stilll haven’t seen. 

I only knew the outcome because they bloody showed me, doesn’t matter they haven’t put the score, they’ve spoilt it just by telling you who has one...arseholes.

Yet another thing they haven’t thought of, which I’ve contacted them about. You can download games to your mobile device, but not the NFL Networks programmes. I contacted them asking why I can’t download GMFB and they told me I can’t, but with no explanation.

40 minutes ago, Deodato said:

Eh? Thinks of everything?

For me, hiding the score, but making it hard to avoid seeing who won the game is totally ****ing useless. Who wants to sit through an NFL game when you already know who won it?!?! 

Gamepass has been horrendous this year since the new provider came in. Unfortunately, they have me as a captive audience!

luckyBatistuta
Just now, Peebo said:

Eh? Thinks of everything?

For me, hiding the score, but making it hard to avoid seeing who won the game is totally ****ing useless. Who wants to sit through an NFL game when you already know who won it?!?! 

Gamepass has been horrendous this year since the new provider came in. Unfortunately, they have me as a captive audience!

100% this

21 minutes ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

If you haven't seen this yet, watch it with the sound on. It's amazing!

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/1/14/16891816/vikings-sideline-cam-u-s-bank-stadium-saints-stefon-diggs

That’s quality! The Falcons-Eagles game was a bit underwhelming and nobody wants to watch the Pats win, but the games yesterday were tremendous. I do feel a bit sorry for Marcus Williams though - he’s had a good season and that’ll all be forgotten about. It also overshadows some poor decisions from Payton. 

And my bet on the Jags for the big one is still alive!

Both Championship games on back-to-back on Sky sports mix in the UK this sunday.

Superb that they're not behind a hard sports package paywall.

:scenes: 

Edited by Cade

I think it'll be a Vikings / Pats Superbowl but the NFC Championship game is going to be very very tight.

I would prefer the Jags to be there though. I'd laugh so much if they properly bodied Brady.

5 hours ago, Ugly American said:

Eagles again.

Not picking the other one because FTP.

I like your style. 

Tough game ahead this weekend but i think we can do it. 

Vikings will lose 2/3 steps on the turf , they are used to that slick turf at there dome . No dome to shield this wind either. 

Linc is thick grass and slightly torn up.  

The crowd will be a massive factor as well, get in Keenums face he is capable of throwing a pick or two. 

Yes im trying to convince myself we will win. 

Placid Casual
16 hours ago, Cade said:

Both Championship games on back-to-back on Sky sports mix in the UK this sunday.

Superb that they're not behind a hard sports package paywall.

:scenes: 

Thanks for the shout Cade. I'm away visiting family at the weekend so this means I can see the games :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, MacPhee said:

I like your style. 

Tough game ahead this weekend but i think we can do it. 

Vikings will lose 2/3 steps on the turf , they are used to that slick turf at there dome . No dome to shield this wind either. 

Linc is thick grass and slightly torn up.  

The crowd will be a massive factor as well, get in Keenums face he is capable of throwing a pick or two. 

Yes im trying to convince myself we will win. 

The under-rating of the Eagles right now is two long-running trends -- people overestimating the importance of the QB position (it's the most important, but again, bad QBs have won multiple Super Bowls), and people overestimating late-season games after the div title is wrapped up.

The Eagles have a great defense and a killer O-line. They have a tremendous coach who knows exactly what Foles can and can't do (who himself was a journeyman quarterback who had to learn to play within his own limited abilities). They have home field advantage. The Vikings are a dome team through and through.

The Vikings are a very good team and could still win it, but I see this one turning into an ugly grind-it-out affair that I don't think the Vikes can hold up to. I think the Panthers probably were the team best built to beat Philadelphia, but were too weak in other ways to get there.

At to the ####s, I'd like to believe the Jags could actually beat them, and a top-notch pass defense is a great thing to have going against them. Hoping for the worst for the Brady Bunch.

10 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

The under-rating of the Eagles right now is two long-running trends -- people overestimating the importance of the QB position (it's the most important, but again, bad QBs have won multiple Super Bowls), and people overestimating late-season games after the div title is wrapped up.

The Eagles have a great defense and a killer O-line. They have a tremendous coach who knows exactly what Foles can and can't do (who himself was a journeyman quarterback who had to learn to play within his own limited abilities). They have home field advantage. The Vikings are a dome team through and through.

The Vikings are a very good team and could still win it, but I see this one turning into an ugly grind-it-out affair that I don't think the Vikes can hold up to. I think the Panthers probably were the team best built to beat Philadelphia, but were too weak in other ways to get there.

At to the ####s, I'd like to believe the Jags could actually beat them, and a top-notch pass defense is a great thing to have going against them. Hoping for the worst for the Brady Bunch.

We dont need Foles to be a world beater, we just need him to be sound and the defense will win the game for us. 

I really hope theres an upset in Foxboro, cannot stand the Patriots.

19 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

This. Go the GOAT. 

The bitterness is strong with this thread.

Shocking development -- sports fans wanting a team they don't like to lose.

Craig Gordons Gloves
2 hours ago, MacPhee said:

We dont need Foles to be a world beater, we just need him to be sound and the defense will win the game for us. 

I really hope theres an upset in Foxboro, cannot stand the Patriots.

I think you might be underestimating the Vikings D, especially in the secondary.  Smith, Rhodes and even Sandejo have been lights out this year along with 75 year old Newman being solid and Waynes finally showing why he was a 1st rounder.  

I agree with what you said above -QB is not as important in this game as both Foles and Keenum have demonstrated frailties but have still kept their teams winning.  I honestly think the buzz and emotion from Sunday will give the Vikings the edge. 

18 minutes ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

I think you might be underestimating the Vikings D, especially in the secondary.  Smith, Rhodes and even Sandejo have been lights out this year along with 75 year old Newman being solid and Waynes finally showing why he was a 1st rounder.  

I agree with what you said above -QB is not as important in this game as both Foles and Keenum have demonstrated frailties but have still kept their teams winning.  I honestly think the buzz and emotion from Sunday will give the Vikings the edge. 

Not underestimating it at all.

It's gonna be a tough game for sure.

Did you not see the buzz from the linc on Saturday after that fourth down stop, exactly the same could be said for the Eagles.

Home field advantage will prove massive.

We go in to the game as underdogs again and I'm glad it is that way.

37 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

Thought kamara would have got it

It was Tweeted by an account who's always on the ball, usually Tweets out news before any of the other big names break the news.

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Looks like it’s Kareem Hunt for rookie of the year.

:glorious: if true. Kamara has been outstanding, but Hunt should edge it, just.

10 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

:glorious: if true. Kamara has been outstanding, but Hunt should edge it, just.

I’ve yet to see the guy give out any duff info yet anyway.

If I say this on the Naismith thread I'll get all the "soccerball" jokes so I'll just say here -- the Naismith signing reminds me of when the Panthers signed Keyshawn Johnson. He was a player I just loathed on other teams. Then he gets on your team and you watch how he winds up the other fans, and you just love him for it.

:rofl: brilliant.

Loved AF for 36 years and have never seen the trick play hide the Dwarf until I watched it on YouTube. 

luckyBatistuta

Alright guys, needing your help. I’ve always watched the Super Bowl at home. Want to go out this year to watch it, so any of you know the best bars/clubs to watch it and if you require tickets (how much)?

Cheers:thumbsup:

Sexton Hardcastle

Despite not wanting to view a bortles Super Bowl game I hope they pull it off tonight. No doubt Brady will do it as always even with one hand.

other game could be close and I think eagles might make homefield advantage edge it for them. Late field goal wins it.

J.T.F.Robertson

I was hoping for a PA. Super Bowl :( but, (since our defence sucks) am now rooting for the Eagles 'tho won't be losing any sleep over it. (A B N E)

I don’t like the Patriots. But really dislike the Jags (shite franchise, and divisional rivals).

However, quite frankly don’t give a **** as we ****ed the Hibs today.

About to sit down and pretend to support the Pats with my wife who is from Bostonian stock, though. 

luckyBatistuta
On 20/01/2018 at 12:38, Louis Litt said:

Brewhemia have a Superbowl party, organised by the Edinburgh Wolves team, with tickets costing £5 each.

Thanks bud, got my tickets for it, can’t wait. Anybody else going to this?

1 hour ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Despite not wanting to view a bortles Super Bowl game I hope they pull it off tonight. No doubt Brady will do it as always even with one hand.

other game could be close and I think eagles might make homefield advantage edge it for them. Late field goal wins it.

I’m hoping the Jags win, purely on my immense dislike for the Pats

40 minutes ago, Peebo said:

I don’t like the Patriots. But really dislike the Jags (shite franchise, and divisional rivals).

However, quite frankly don’t give a **** as we ****ed the Hibs today.

About to sit down and pretend to support the Pats with my wife who is from Bostonian stock, though. 

At least if the Pats win, you’ll 100% know who you’ll not be rooting for come Super Bowl time.

But, as you say...who really gives **** we :fth: today

luckyBatistuta

Too easy, the Pats are in trouble tonight. The whole game probably rests on whether Bortles can keep it together...so far, so good:smile:

luckyBatistuta
3 minutes ago, Cade said:

:wow:

:jiggy:even with Brady, it’s going to be really difficult to come from behind against this defense. The jags have still got their big turnover to come as well ;)

luckyBatistuta

WTF!!!!

Thanks again NFL Network you bunch of erseholes. For the second time during this game, it just suddenly went back to the beginning of the game, this time right before the touchdown play and missed it.