**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

J.T.F.Robertson

This could be rhetorical, but why do the Patriots seem to be the beneficiaries of almost every 50/50 decision

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

1 minute ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

This could be rhetorical, but why do the Patriots seem to be the beneficiaries of almost every 50/50 decision

They also responsible for the poor time management of Titans.  The crappy play calls from the Titans HC. 

Some of the calls are close, agreed.  But think it's clouding over some poor plays by Titans.

J.T.F.Robertson
8 minutes ago, Gards said:

They also responsible for the poor time management of Titans.  The crappy play calls from the Titans HC. 

Some of the calls are close, agreed.  But think it's clouding over some poor plays by Titans.

Okay, I'm a wee bit biased, :ninja: but even excluding tonight, they seem to always get the benefit.

Third and 31! Feck me, they are Tam kite.

12 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Okay, I'm a wee bit biased, :ninja: but even excluding tonight, they seem to always get the benefit.

Third and 31! Feck me, they are Tam kite.

That's the thing.  Titans have had more than a few chances to bring themselves back into the game and they've blown it....still it's all the refs rigged in Pats favour :-)

Anyway...I'm sure the NFL will ensure it's a Pats V Steelers division final next week!

J.T.F.Robertson

Hope you're right, don't mind a bit of bias so long as it's in our favour. :pleased: I'd like another pop. 

12 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Hope you're right, don't mind a bit of bias so long as it's in our favour. :pleased: I'd like another pop. 

Yep but we have James Harrison on our side now ;-) (sorry!)

J.T.F.Robertson
5 minutes ago, Gards said:

Yep but we have James Harrison on our side now ;-) (sorry!)

Benedict Arnold. :mad:

Sexton Hardcastle

I think the jags do it again tonight. Defence will carry them while bortles does his usual shit show.

vikings saints is going to be pretty close but whoever wins that goes to the Super Bowl.

Sexton Hardcastle

They are going to be so good next year f they get cousins or another solid qb. Be classic nfl to then move them cities.

13 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

Terrible terrible call

A series of terrible calls in last couple of minutes just lost them a very good chance to take the game to overtime. Absolutely baffling. 

J.T.F.Robertson
2 hours ago, Peebo said:

Worst onside kick attempt I’ve ever seen. And the decision to try it even more honking!

You were saying.

Takes some doing, right enough.

I agree re your second point, btw.

Edited by J.T.F.Robertson

Both games yesterday was something else. 

Can't imagine what it feels like to be a Vikings fan right now. 

Edit: Wait I do, I've been massively hungover before. 

Edited by KineticBeat

There is something about American Football that no other sport can touch, and I think we all saw it last night.

The playoffs are an edge of the seat stuff, from the get-go. 

Incredible, thank you NFL Game Pass - best £130 I've ever spent. 

Sexton Hardcastle

Still amazed by that. Well worth the 4 odd hours sleep.

down side is only three games left for the next several months.

Fantastic ending. Almost predictably incredible, if that makes sense!

Games like that add weight to my suspicions that the NFL is one big fix. However, it is is superb entertainment. While I no longer watch “soccer”, other than Hearts games and international tournaments, I’ll quite happily watch NFL games all weekend long, even when my team isn’t involved in, or has a direct stake in, the games. 

Absolutely gutted. Saints had no right to be in that game after the awful start but to lose like that is special even when your used to it with Hearts. 

Williams will take the heat for it but he's had a great rookie season and if it were not for his interception there wouldn't have been a game to lose. 

That first half was too much really and missing so many players on defence. 

59 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Fantastic ending. Almost predictably incredible, if that makes sense!

Games like that add weight to my suspicions that the NFL is one big fix. However, it is is superb entertainment. While I no longer watch “soccer”, other than Hearts games and international tournaments, I’ll quite happily watch NFL games all weekend long, even when my team isn’t involved in, or has a direct stake in, the games. 

I'm the exact same.

I'd never think about watching 3 or 4 football (our football) back to back on a Sunday but will quite happily sit and watch the 6pm/9pm/1am games on a Sunday, regardless of the fixture.

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Deodato said:

There is something about American Football that no other sport can touch, and I think we all saw it last night.

The playoffs are an edge of the seat stuff, from the get-go. 

Incredible, thank you NFL Game Pass - best £130 I've ever spent. 

I was working yesterday, so I was having to watch the games back on my GamePass. I watched the Jags v Steelers, which was incredible, what a game. I woke up this morning buzzing after watching that game and now looking forward to the Saints v Vikings. I turned the tv on, clicked on the GamePass app and then selected games, it opened and there right right below the games was next weeks games, so I now knew the Vikings won. ??????

285FEA1D-473D-4572-BF1D-F16577795DCB.jpeg

Placid Casual
3 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I was working yesterday, so I was having to watch the games back on my GamePass. I watched the Jags v Steelers, which was incredible, what a game. I woke up this morning buzzing after watching that game and now looking forward to the Saints v Vikings. I turned the tv on, clicked on the GamePass app and then selected games, it opened and there right right below the games was next weeks games, so I now knew the Vikings won. ??????

No wonder you’re raging. You’d think that they would take this into consideration. It’s hard enough to avoid results as it is!

Edited by Placid Casual

3 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

285FEA1D-473D-4572-BF1D-F16577795DCB.jpeg

Gamepass has been ****ing dreadful this year. Earlier in season, they removed scores for similar reason (ie folk watching later) but still highlighted the winning team on the menu! 

luckyBatistuta
27 minutes ago, Placid Casual said:

No wonder you’re raging. You’d think that they would take this into consideration. It’s hard enough to avoid results as it is!

Idiots mate, why put that up so soon, right next to this weeks. I’ve been firing emails off to them all season, because of the video being temporarily unavaible and please try again later message that keeps appearing when your trying to watch a game. It happens on all my devices and on different internet providers, so the problem is at their end. They said they’d fixed it, but it still appears. They also take forever to answer the emails too.

3640295E-81EE-48A6-9668-CE898711DD2B.jpeg

I went to my bed before the end of the Vikings game but just watched the last play........w t f !!!

Why commit to the tackle? if he just stands still the guy catches it and lands pretty much on top of him, absolutely scenes afterwards though.

As long as the Patriots dont win I dont care who goes on to do it but its been a brilliant set of games this weekend.

luckyBatistuta

Just watched the game anyway, must have been amazing for you guys watching it live. Had to laugh watching Sean Payton walking the sideline going BOOM when they kicked the field goal knowing what’s about to unfold. That non tackle at the end, what was he thinking:phface:

Craig Gordons Gloves

That was phenomenal.  Just prior to it my 7 year old had turned round and said "we're going to lose, aren't we dad?" and then it went a little something like this "Yeah, we are, that's wha...YYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSS............." as pandemonium ensued in the living room.  My boys saw their first live game at US Bank this year when the Vikes clinched the division against the Bengals and then that last night saw that on TV.  I fear i've set them up for a lifetime of disappointment now.  But that's what sports is for.   

The atmosphere in my work is a very happy one today, despite quite a few people missing in action :)

alwaysthereinspirit
3 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

I went to my bed before the end of the Vikings game but just watched the last play........w t f !!!

Why commit to the tackle? if he just stands still the guy catches it and lands pretty much on top of him, absolutely scenes afterwards though.

As long as the Patriots dont win I dont care who goes on to do it but its been a brilliant set of games this weekend.

As coach Belichick likes to say "play situational football"

Knowing what needs to be done in every situation. That was one of the dumbest plays ever made in football.

That rookie never slept good last night that's for sure. The faces on his team mates standing on the sidelines were worth a thousand words.