• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

Stafford could've done a wee bit better for him

Yeah, 40 points between Stafford and Megatron is about average for those two combined, so no real damage done. Fancy Thunder to win this.

Let's get the trade talks rolling..... :)

My entire draft is up for offer along with my fringe players.... looking for RB1&2 and maybe a WR3.

Players on my roster I want off my roster (though not at unreasonablly low prices):

Aaron Rodgers

Russell Wilson

Ryan Mathews

Rashad Jennings

Mike Goodson

Jonathan Stewart

Larry Fitzgerald

Jared Cook.

:jjyay:

I'm sure someone on here said Miles Austin was as good as Dez Bryant :lol:

1. Megatron

2. Green

3. Julio

4. Bryant

5. Thomas

6. Cobb

7. Cruz

8. Harvin

9. Marshall

10. Nicks

11. White

:deal2:

Close game for the title. Those 1.24 points from Carson Palmer, might end up being the difference :lol:

I bet the Thunder wish they had Shonn Greene today. I certainly wish the Cowboys had AP right now...

Seahawks are the new champions......By 0.28 points.

If Thunder had started Brian Hoyer(2.2pts) over Carson Palmer(1.24pts) he'd have won.

Sore one that the Raiders decided to go with Leinart today after the first series, over Palmer...I'm assuming that's what happened, and Palmer didn't get injured?

Bit gutted to be honest, having come so close and all that.

For most of the season I was quite lucky with injuries, so I'm not too surprised that it caught up with me in the end.

Palmer didn't return due to a rib injury and AP sat out the last five minutes with a sore abdomen, when the team had the ball and up by 10.

Crushing that it came in this week, of all weeks, but I certainly prefer this to going 5-8 and losing in the first round of consolidation bowl playoffs.

Back from the brink. :thumbsup:

Ahhhhhh, I'd just assumed he was pulled to try out the other QBs. Bit of a tough one, but as you said you've totally turned it around this year. Peterson/Spiller are going to be a frightening combo for the next couple of years....Bowe/Jennings/Garcon can only have better years in 2013 as well, so you'll be right back up there again.

Just as long as you don't mind settling for another wildcard spot :ninja:

Edited by Long Ball Larry

Ahhhhhh, I'd just assumed he was pulled to try out the other QBs. Bit of a tough one, but as you said you've totally turned it around this year. Peterson/Spiller are going to be a frightening combo for the next couple of years....Bowe/Jennings/Garcon can only have better years in 2013 as well, so you'll be right back up there again.

Just as long as you don't mind settling for another wildcard spot :ninja:

Oh, I believe it.

I could have the greatest squad assembled in the game and you'd still beat me twice a season.

Well done Dizzle. Chucked in my worst performance of the season so less bothered about throwing away the game last week. Another fourth place finish to go with my fifth equal the first year.

Anyway off to Bangkok in about 5 minutes so merry Christmas :)

Quick question - are we doing the ESPN playoff thingummy again this year?

Yeh I will set this up sometime this week again. I will need you email address again Geoff just PM me.

Patriots are the only team I think stands a realistic chance of being the Broncos at Mile High. And even then I'd still fancy the Broncos strongly.

I know the Texans have already beat them there in week 3, but I can't see them repeating that.

Very poor defeat for the Texans. A very, very bad call from the non-replacement refs early could have changed the game.

Still, making the play-offs still a big achievement considering about half our games were against a other teams who have done likewise. Play off game will brighten up what is normally the most depressing weekend of the year next week, and I'd fancy us against anyone in the subsequent games.

Nucky Thompson

I've got the Broncos at 12's and the Ravens at 20's for the Superbowl. Last year I got the Giants at 16's. I have 4 fiver bets every year, 2 from the AFC and 2 from the NFC

I've got the Broncos at 12's and the Ravens at 20's for the Superbowl. Last year I got the Giants at 16's. I have 4 fiver bets every year, 2 from the AFC and 2 from the NFC

The Broncos look pretty impressive today. Hard to see past them.

However, worth noting that (by my calculations) they have played 5 games this season against play-off teams- and lost three of them. The division they are in is shite.

I like the Bronco's for the Superbowl as well. Tempted to see what odds they're at now.

Stand by my 49ers shout at the start of the season for at least the NFC title though.

The Broncos look pretty impressive today. Hard to see past them.

However, worth noting that (by my calculations) they have played 5 games this season against play-off teams- and lost three of them. The division they are in is shite.

How many of those losses were early doors when they were leaking points by the bucketload during the first halves of games, and still adjusting to Manning? There's been no stopping them since that comeback v the Chargers.

Meanwhile, cor blimey O'Reilly, what a game! The Bears are who we thought they were? Or Minnesota are what they always are? We still don't know - but I've a feeling we're watching the eventual NFC Champs (the Pack) regardless.

Depends on who the Packers get next week, they're struggling with injuries and could fall early doors.

If they had the bye next week then I'd not be betting against them.

EDIT - apparently they'll be playing the Vikings again, that'll be a good game.

Edited by rossthejambo

Broncos do look good glad I took them as my dark horse bet at the start of the season. Would like to see the 49ers make it from NFC. Shame on Adrian Peterson only 9 yards short.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Play-off predictions: -

AFC

Texans over Bengals

Colts over Ravens

Broncos over Colts

Patriots over Texans

Patriots over Broncos

NFC (going to assume the Skins beat the Cowgirls)

Packers over Vikings

Seahawks over Redskins

Falcons over Seahawks

49ers over Packers

49ers over Falcons

Superbowl: 49ers over Patriots :(

How many of those losses were early doors when they were leaking points by the bucketload during the first halves of games, and still adjusting to Manning? There's been no stopping them since that comeback v the Chargers.

As I'm sure you are aware, those defeats all came in the first five weeks. Since then, they haven't faced too many formidable tests. And they are certainly on a roll. It would take a brave man to bet against them, with Manning and some impressive receivers.

Depends on who the Packers get next week, they're struggling with injuries and could fall early doors.

If they had the bye next week then I'd not be betting against them.

The more general feeling I get, though, is how random so much of the NFL (and especially the NFC) seems nowadays. I can't for the life of me work out how both the Giants and Bears have missed the play-offs, but they have; and assume the likely Denver-New England AFC title showdown will be like those Cowboys-49ers NFC Championships during the 90s: the real Superbowl, in other words.

But upsets happen far more often nowadays, and in the postseason, the big mo is absolutely everything. So who knows?

Geoff Kilpatrick

The more general feeling I get, though, is how random so much of the NFL (and especially the NFC) seems nowadays. I can't for the life of me work out how both the Giants and Bears have missed the play-offs, but they have; and assume the likely Denver-New England AFC title showdown will be like those Cowboys-49ers NFC Championships during the 90s: the real Superbowl, in other words.

But upsets happen far more often nowadays, and in the postseason, the big mo is absolutely everything. So who knows?

Are you kidding? The NFC is the much tougher conference this year. I will be stunned if the AFC wins the Superbowl this year.

Are you kidding? The NFC is the much tougher conference this year. I will be stunned if the AFC wins the Superbowl this year.

I agree with this, the NFC has the better teams this year.

I'm not going to predict the whole shebang but think it'll be Pats - Broncos for the AFC and 49ers - Falcons for the NFC, with the 49ers winning the lot.

There's always a wildcard team that gains momentum and may cause an upset. Seahawks in the NFC and maybe the Ravens in the AFC would be my dark horses.

Edited by rossthejambo

Geoff Kilpatrick

For the NFC, I fancy the Seahawks. Formidable defence, and explosive offense in recent weeks.

They have the momentum but their likely path will take them to Atlanta. With a week off and Ryan's weapons, I fancy them to overcome the Seahawks.

Early in the season, especially in the guise of ATL, SF and NY, I'd have completely agreed with you. Now, I just think the NFC had much more depth; but the AFC has more reliable leading teams.

In the end though, the SuperBowl will just be about match-ups. Right now, I'd take Denver to beat anyone, except maybe (on a good day), Green Bay. But I'd take San Francisco or Green Bay to beat New England; and I can't figure out if, when it comes to the crunch, the Texans or Falcons are for real... or not.

Indeed, it'll be interesting to see if anyone on here backs Atlanta to win the NFC. Odd, given they've been the most consistent team in it all year long - but Atlanta in and out of the postseason are (usually) two different teams.

Edited by shaun.lawson

Praying for another Wild Card Saturday vs the Bengals. Last year was a tremendous day out, and this year could be even better since I've discovered a tailgating tent that let's people in with no passes, and hands out free, unlimited peeve and top notch Texas BBQ.

Geoff Kilpatrick

No doubt the stats are somewhere-any idea what the record is this season of NFC vs AFC match-ups?

AFC 25-39 NFC