**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer

boy-crying-300x199.jpg

Boo fecking hoo.

Surprised myself winning the division, but not by doing well. Regarding the points for the kicker I prefer the decimal system. BTW that schedule looks brutal next year.

:lol:

It's only cause I've got your pick!

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

It's quite good that we're going to have a different Champion in every year we've run the league. Competitive league and all that!

For next season though I definitely need a QB (and another decent WR).

Don't know whether to go for a Stafford/Rodgers/Newton/Ryan or a Dalton/Freeman/Wilson kind a guy.

This upcoming draft is looking like a pretty weak class as well. They'll be a couple gems no doubt, just need to find them.

Tyler Eifert from what I've read could be worth a look. Not all that excited about anyone though, bad year to end up with the 1.01 in my other league :down: Even in a 2QB league, I'm thinking I'm not going to get that much interest in anyone trading up for Geno Smith or Barkley.

Hopefully free agency throws up some stories, otherwise it's going to be a pretty dull off season. Still got 8 weeks of games left, but i'm already starting to feel like the season is nearly over :sob:

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Barkley won't be on any of my dynasty teams, guy screams bust.

I agree with that, Would have no confidence picking him.

Recent USC QB's (Sanchez, Leinart to an extent, and Cassel) remind me of Notre Dames relative failures of Clausen and Quinn to make an impact.

Geno Smith should be the top QB out of the NCAA but he didn't really finish the season well.

If i was looking for a QB, i'd try and make do for a season and wait for Ryan Nassib if he declares in 2014

Well looks like my playoff hopes are gone before they even started FFS. Shorts still not cleared and Starks might be placed on IR.

Be interesting to see what the Lions to with their WR situation.

Young looks like a goner and with Broyles tearing his ACL (the other one this time) they might be looking for a WR in the draft/Free Agency.

Sterling Archer

And here we go, playoffs kick off today.

Players involved tonight:

Game 1:

D.Thomas (Bengals) vs Peyton Manning & Brandon Myers (Chargers)

Game 2:

Carson Palmer (Thunder) vs Denver D (Falcons)

Sterling Archer

Well looks like my playoff hopes are gone before they even started FFS. Shorts still not cleared and Starks might be placed on IR.

Shorts will play (I hope)

And here we go, playoffs kick off today.

Players involved tonight:

Game 1:

D.Thomas (Bengals) vs Peyton Manning & Brandon Myers (Chargers)

Game 2:

Carson Palmer (Thunder) vs Denver D (Falcons)

Need a good performance from Manning, but also playing against him in the RT Sports league for $100 so need him to suck. Don't know what I want from him :disappointed:

Sterling Archer

Remember that for every yard manning throws to DT

Manning gets 0.04 points whereas DT gets 0.1

For each completed pass to him Manning gets 0 and DT gets 0.5

For each TD pass Manning gets 6 and DT gets 6

With DT locked in as Mannings primary target I'd argue this isn't a great matchup for you as Boo can negate your QB.

You'd probably be better off if you could completely remove those two players from the matchup and play 9 vs 9.

Yeah Thomas looks like he's in for another massive game. Still the rest of the match up looks pretty close though.

Have a sneaky feeling Thunder is going to win it all.

Sterling Archer

I'll be sure to stick an asterisk next to it if he does

:jjyay:

How do you feel about this matchup in a ppr league with 0.1 pts per pass yard (my rtsports one).

My team:

RG3

Charles

BJGE

AJ Green

2 from Decker, Shorts, Amendola, Danario Alexander

Hernandez

Henery

Seahawks D

vs

Brady

Ridley

Ingram

Welker

Garcon

Bess

Marcedes Lewis

Gostkowski

Rams D

Fancy your team to win that quite strongly. Especially if you play Decker and one of shorts/Ammendola is playing this weekend.

Also Brady is playing against the Texans D, so might not put up huge numbers. And that position is the most important in that league.

Sterling Archer

And if Brady doesn't play well then hopefully Welker doesn't either!

I'm hopeful but certainly not confident. Probably need a score in the 160/170's to be safe.

I'll get gubbed in the next round anyway as the guy I'm most likely playing if I win has a ridiculous team.

My team got me 186 points last week, would take that again :cheesy:

But I really have no business being one win away from the conference game, let alone being a division winner.

My team:

Andrew Luck

Steven Jackson

Jacquizz Rodgers

Julio Jones

Wes Welker

Kyle Rudolph

Brent Celek or Malcolm Floyd or Nate Washington or Jeremy Kerley or Santana Moss....Probably leaning towards Celek, think Foles will use him a lot.

Shaun Suisham

Broncos D/ST

vs

Peyton Manning

Ryan Matthews

Vick Ballard.....Though he has DMC, so I'm wondering if he risks putting him in tonight instead.

AJ Green

Steve Smith

Cecil Shorts

Jimmy Graham

Hartley

Texans D/ST

Obviously underdogs, but could be up against a better team so I still have a chance. And anything can happen with the QB scoring.

Sterling Archer

My team got me 186 points last week, would take that again :cheesy:

But I really have no business being one win away from the conference game, let alone being a division winner.

My team:

Andrew Luck

Steven Jackson

Jacquizz Rodgers

Julio Jones

Wes Welker

Kyle Rudolph

Brent Celek or Malcolm Floyd or Nate Washington or Jeremy Kerley or Santana Moss....Probably leaning towards Celek, think Foles will use him a lot.

Shaun Suisham

Broncos D/ST

vs

Peyton Manning

Ryan Matthews

Vick Ballard.....Though he has DMC, so I'm wondering if he risks putting him in tonight instead.

AJ Green

Steve Smith

Cecil Shorts

Jimmy Graham

Hartley

Texans D/ST

Obviously underdogs, but could be up against a better team so I still have a chance. And anything can happen with the QB scoring.

I think you're a RB2 away from being favourite in that.

Yeah Thomas looks like he's in for another massive game. Still the rest of the match up looks pretty close though.

Have a sneaky feeling Thunder is going to win it all.

ran some numbers last night & you came out favourite, Thunder second, me third.

I think you're a RB2 away from being favourite in that.

Yeah my RBs suck. Rodgers hasn't been too bad though, as it's full point PPR. Got to keep 2 out of the following for next year

Steven Jackson

Mark Ingram

Ben Tate

Jacquizz Rodgers

Daryl Richardson

Slim pickings, but I'm actually thinking Rodgers might be my number 1 choice from those guys :blink:...and then if I don't manage to trade for a 2nd RB keeper it could be Tate/Richardson depending how their situations play out as the second guy.

Can you publish those numbers?

Later tonight probs - bought that "The Machine" thing at the beginning of the season. Its pretty pish :)

Off the top of my head, Chargers were about 22% likely to win, Thunder 18.7% & Nessie 18% (its 100% split six ways just now)

ran some numbers last night & you came out favourite, Thunder second, me third.

How did you come up with that? I don't feel like a favourite, though I think I can win.

I like Thunder to win the top part of the draw, partly because he has Spiller/ADP combo, but also because you've had a few injuries which unfortunately might end up costing you. If you had Gronk, McGahee and there wasn't a question mark over Big Ben and I'd have you as favourite to win it now.

Can't predict the bottom half of the draw. I think it's pretty much 50/50 between me and Boo, and assuming no injuries it will be 50/50 when the winner plays Dizzle.

I'll still be really surprised if Falcons win. But he seems to like proving me wrong :lol:

P.S. I'm coming for Golden Tate when trading resumes :whistling:

Sterling Archer

Yeah my RBs suck. Rodgers hasn't been too bad though, as it's full point PPR. Got to keep 2 out of the following for next year

Steven Jackson

Mark Ingram

Ben Tate

Jacquizz Rodgers

Daryl Richardson

Slim pickings, but I'm actually thinking Rodgers might be my number 1 choice from those guys :blink:...and then if I don't manage to trade for a 2nd RB keeper it could be Tate/Richardson depending how their situations play out as the second guy.

That's tough. My gut instinct was tate Richardson

Sterling Archer

When trading resumes ill be looking to move on a QB as well as some others if there's interest.

Sterling Archer

:seething:

Don't make me bring back Tony Soprano.

I still see life in this windup and ill keep using it.

I still see life in this windup and ill keep using it.

Loads of life in it. Laddie's been cheating....

How did you come up with that? I don't feel like a favourite, though I think I can win.

I like Thunder to win the top part of the draw, partly because he has Spiller/ADP combo, but also because you've had a few injuries which unfortunately might end up costing you. If you had Gronk, McGahee and there wasn't a question mark over Big Ben and I'd have you as favourite to win it now.

Can't predict the bottom half of the draw. I think it's pretty much 50/50 between me and Boo, and assuming no injuries it will be 50/50 when the winner plays Dizzle.

I'll still be really surprised if Falcons win. But he seems to like proving me wrong :lol:

P.S. I'm coming for Golden Tate when trading resumes :whistling:

I think this is as far as my team goes. I think Spiller/AP/Jackson is too strong. Saying that Romo has been a beast since week 7 top 5, Looking at my team for next year and I look goosed at RB. Maybe get another year out of Gore.

Nucky Thompson

Bit of a disaster for me :yucky:

You were looking good at the start of the 2nd quarter, PM was looking like he was going to have a huge game and Thomas was headed to the locker room. I would still say you were the Fav though

Sterling Archer

Just reading that HOU and NE have given up the 1st and 2nd most fantasy points to WRs over the last nine weeks.

Could be good for Brady.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Just reading that HOU and NE have given up the 1st and 2nd most fantasy points to WRs over the last nine weeks.

Could be good for Brady.

No garbage time in this game though, methinks.

Thunder v Nessies

Chargers v Seahawks

appears the most likely now.

And the lowest scorers on the week coukd well be the #1 & #2 seeds.