**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

Geoff Kilpatrick

Breaking that down further: -

AFC East 6-10 NFC West

AFC North 8-8 NFC East

AFC South 6-10 NFC North

AFC West 5-11 NFC South

Cleveland, Jacksonville, San Diego, Oakland were all swept by their interconference opponents. No NFC team was swept by an AFC division.

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

Geoff Kilpatrick

Early in the season, especially in the guise of ATL, SF and NY, I'd have completely agreed with you. Now, I just think the NFC had much more depth; but the AFC has more reliable leading teams.

I'm hoping for Brady v Manning in the snow but if the Pats have to play the 49ers in the Superbowl I fear a repeat of what happened at Gillete a few weeks ago. Manning would suffer a similar fate as the Broncos O-Line isn't that good.

AFC 25-39 NFC

Fairly dominant. Personally, I think in terms of the 6 play-off teams from each, there isn't much to choose between the divisions. However, I think of the rest of the teams, there is far, far more dross in the AFC. The Broncos' division is utterly gash, as is the Patriots'. The Jags and Titans are very weak in our division. Somehow in the NFC, you have a team like Detroit finishing with only 4 wins.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Fairly dominant. Personally, I think in terms of the 6 play-off teams from each, there isn't much to choose between the divisions. However, I think of the rest of the teams, there is far, far more dross in the AFC. The Broncos' division is utterly gash, as is the Patriots'. The Jags and Titans are very weak in our division. Somehow in the NFC, you have a team like Detroit finishing with only 4 wins.

Agreed. The AFC East is particularly embarrassing (and pleasing :) ) given the pre-season hype about the Bills and the Tebow circus for the Jests. Fair play to Miami for a 7-9 season as no one was calling that.

In the AFC West, the division was so rubbish last season Tebow was able to win a division! Put a decent QB in there and the results are apparent. The Carson Palmer trade was hilarious and Philip Rivers is a busted flush. As for KC...

Houston have probably been the best all-round team in the AFC but Schaub is struggling.

Agreed. The AFC East is particularly embarrassing (and pleasing :) ) given the pre-season hype about the Bills and the Tebow circus for the Jests. Fair play to Miami for a 7-9 season as no one was calling that.

In the AFC West, the division was so rubbish last season Tebow was able to win a division! Put a decent QB in there and the results are apparent. The Carson Palmer trade was hilarious and Philip Rivers is a busted flush. As for KC...

Houston have probably been the best all-round team in the AFC but Schaub is struggling.

I don't think Schaub is the problem in recent games. The secondary has been poor recently, and our special teams have been a serious weakness all season (jacoby jones leaves and gets on the ******* Pro Bowl team as returner, for ****s sake..). I think Schaub has been pretty solid all season.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I don't think Schaub is the problem in recent games. The secondary has been poor recently, and our special teams have been a serious weakness all season (jacoby jones leaves and gets on the ******* Pro Bowl team as returner, for ****s sake..). I think Schaub has been pretty solid all season.

Hmmm, perhaps. Schaub hasn't impressed me in recent weeks and I don't think Kubiak helped him when he basically raised the white flag in Foxborough. Still, given the competition in the AFC the Texans are far better placed than last year given that he's healthy.

Hmmm, perhaps. Schaub hasn't impressed me in recent weeks and I don't think Kubiak helped him when he basically raised the white flag in Foxborough. Still, given the competition in the AFC the Texans are far better placed than last year given that he's healthy.

Kubiak makes many strange decisions. Such as last week, when he put in the back ups when the game was still alive. Today, he lost a bit of a pointless challenge, yet didn't challenge a strange call where it looked like Luck fumbled around his ten yard line.

Schaub gets a lot of stick. Maybe I'm biased, but I think he is very under-rated. Of course, I see him every week - out of interest, how often do you see him play? That may sound arsey, but its a genuine question, as I can't believe the Texans get much international coverage.

Predictions (these will be woefully wrong, but hey ho)

AFC

Wild card round

Houston (3) over Cincinatti (6)

Indianapolis (5) over Baltimore (4)

Divisional round

Denver (1) over Indianapolis (5)

New England (2) over Houston (3)

Championship

Denver (1) over New England (2)

NFC

Wild card round

Green Bay (3) over Minnesota (6)

Seattle (5) over Washington or Dallas (4)

Divisional round

Seattle (5) over Atlanta (1)

Green Bay (3) over San Francisco (2)

Championship

Green Bay (3) over Seattle (5)

Super Bowl

Denver Broncos 31-28 Green Bay Packers

Edited by shaun.lawson

Geoff Kilpatrick

Kubiak makes many strange decisions. Such as last week, when he put in the back ups when the game was still alive. Today, he lost a bit of a pointless challenge, yet didn't challenge a strange call where it looked like Luck fumbled around his ten yard line.

Schaub gets a lot of stick. Maybe I'm biased, but I think he is very under-rated. Of course, I see him every week - out of interest, how often do you see him play? That may sound arsey, but its a genuine question, as I can't believe the Texans get much international coverage.

Fair point. Most of my watching is from highlight reels. The two games of the Texans I've seen in depth this year have been the Thanksgiving game and the Pats game.

Praying for another Wild Card Saturday vs the Bengals. Last year was a tremendous day out, and this year could be even better since I've discovered a tailgating tent that let's people in with no passes, and hands out free, unlimited peeve and top notch Texas BBQ.

Saturday 3.30pm kick off. Extremely pleasing :)

Geoff Kilpatrick

Absolutely gutted for America's team :)

Truly distraught :) :)

It's Jerry Jones I feel most sorry for. :)

No, really :)

AFC

Texans to beat Bengals

Ravens to beat Colts

Broncos to beat Ravens

Patriots to beat Texans

Broncos to beat Patriots

NFC

Packers over Vikings

Seahawks over Redskins

Seahawks over Falcons

49ers over Packers

49ers over Seahawks

Superbowl

Broncos over 49ers

The NFC is definitely the stronger right now in terms of the number of quality teams. But I'd have 3 of the AFC teams in my top 4 in a power ranking. But after the Broncos/Patriots/Texans, the AFC gets considerably weaker.

For the play off teams i'd go:

1. Broncos

2. Patriots

3. 49ers

4. Texans

5. Seahakws

6. Packers

7. Falcons

8. Ravens

9. Redskins

10. Bengals

11. Vikings

12. Colts

Outside of the play off teams, and looking ahead to next year, the next ten teams would probably be dominated by the NFC which shows just how tough a conference it is now.

1. Giants

2. Bears

3. Cowboys

4. Saints

5. Steelers

6. Panthers

7. Dolphins

8. Buccs

9. Lions

10. Rams

Only the Steelers and the Dolphins from the AFC, would make my list of the next ten best teams.

The only really bad teams in the NFC are the Cardinals and the Eagles. The AFC have the Chiefs, Jags, Raiders, Bills, Jets and Browns. Maybe even the Titans and Chargers.

Sexton Hardcastle

See Ray Lewis is set to retire after the play offs.

What a character.

Surely he'll make a mint in motivational coaching or the likes.

Sterling Archer

Couple of orders of business.

1. Congrats Dizzle on a good victory, I've updated the league awards for this year on the site.

2. Trading is back on.

3. Please post any thing you want voted on in the messageboard topic on the site.

Sterling Archer

Waivers should be closed but if not then add someone that's retired and then start a message board topic saying who they represent. When the players added ill do the swap.

Sterling Archer

Please people, respond to my trade offers.

They're not THAT bad! :lol:

:sob:

MFL have had an issue with gmail going to spam. I've just noticed you sent me something.

Isaac Clarke

MFL have had an issue with gmail going to spam. I've just noticed you sent me something.

Russell Wilson will be mine one day!

Isaac Clarke

Ridley for Wilson plus something?

EDIT: What would I need to add for you to add Gordon?

Edited by JamboTaylor

Sterling Archer

Gordon's not available. He's a future FF WR1 so if I was going to move him I'd need one coming back the other way.

Are the games on TV in the UK today?

Pissing down here in H-town, which is utterly shite for the tailgating later :(

Geoff Kilpatrick

Pissing down here in H-town, which is utterly shite for the tailgating later :(

Don't know about the UK but all the games are on in Oz on ESPN.

Sky Sports are showing all the games this weekend think they show all the playoff games.

rossthejambo

Texans absolutely dominant, Schaub then decides to have a brainfart and chuck away a TD :lol:

They'll still win but Schaub needs to sort his shit out.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Texans are never winning a Superbowl with Schaub.

How Houston aren't out of sight in this game is beyond me.