**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

I'd be interested in getting that #2 pick, not getting in to a bidding war but I'd be interested to know what you want for it.

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

Sterling Archer

I'd probably consider a deal from the Pirates

Foster

Some Wr's/junk

1st overall.

He'd never go for it though.

I think in our set up, it's just too much to give up for one player. I'm not saying he isn't worth it, but it means decimating the rest of your squad to get him.

Theoretically if Rodgers was available what sort of offers could I expect to get?

Not sure what I could offer that you'd want without destroying my team.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'd be interested in getting that #2 pick, not getting in to a bidding war but I'd be interested to know what you want for it.

Presuming a straight swap for Megatron is off the table? :laugh:

Seriously, this is why I want to wait till after the draft. Take the Luck example. If he walks in as starter, Indy's RB's and TE's jump in value as rookie QB's rely heavily on them. Same applies with CJ2K. Every possibility the Titans get a new QB which changes his points scope.

Presuming a straight swap for Megatron is off the table? :laugh:

Seriously, this is why I want to wait till after the draft. Take the Luck example. If he walks in as starter, Indy's RB's and TE's jump in value as rookie QB's rely heavily on them. Same applies with CJ2K. Every possibility the Titans get a new QB which changes his points scope.

Straight swap, yeah. If Luck goes first then I'd need to take Blackmon to fill the gap at WR, which seems futile. :lol:

Just can't see the Broncos doing anything in this game :(

It would be helpful if they didn't have the most predictable offensive playcaller in the game, every single time its run, run, attempted pass, fourth down.

Great TD and at least they let Tebow throw it for once.

Terrible hit from Harrison on Decker, the quicker he's out the league the better.

:wow:

Surely now the Pats must win a playoff game again?!

Terrible Towels! :pleasing:

Tebowing will have my backing, as well as God's next week.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Tebowing will have my backing, as well as God's next week.

:laugh: And understandably so.

I actually think the AFC title game will now be Houston @ New England. Houston really impressed me yesterday.

Yaaassssssssss!!! :jjyay: :greggy:

That was absolutely brilliant and most pleasing Broncos win since the last Superbowl, quality from Tebow and Thomas.

Completely deserved after that disgraceful call when they were up by 14 and the refs bailed out the Steelers when Wallace fumbled it. Thought the Broncos had chucked that away after McGahee fumbled it and Bailey should have had the pick.

To say I'm pleased with that is an understatement. A long six years since the last play off win and especially pleasing to do it against the Steelers after 2006, revenge is sweet, got to enjoy moments like this :D

:wow:

Surely now the Pats must win a playoff game again?!

Almost certainly a win for the Patriots now but at the moment, I don't care because for the Broncos to get that one win is huge. Will be especially pleasing to hear the silence from the media and a lot of people about it now, nice to feel smug about how they've done for the first time in a long time! Having said all that, it would possibly be even more pleasing to beat McDaniels :lol:

Sterling Archer

One of the better 2012 mock drafts I've seen http://www.fannation...ersion-2-rounds

Colts get both Luck and Richardson in this one. Not quite sure it will pan out like that, but the whole thing makes for an interesting read.

laugh.gif I suspect if the first 4 picks play out that way Rams take Blackmon not Martin tbh.

There's also no way I see the Colts being able to trade Manning, he has a $28million roster bonus due in March (before the draft) so it's more likely he's cut/retires.

laugh.gif I suspect if the first 4 picks play out that way Rams take Blackmon not Martin tbh.

There's also no way I see the Colts being able to trade Manning, he has a $28million roster bonus due in March (before the draft) so it's more likely he's cut/retires.

All the mocks last year where a mile off anyway. I liked this guys one as he's went to the trouble of including trades :lol:

Good reading for people like me who never watch any college football and have never heard of half these guys.

Sterling Archer

Yeah it's always good to read some different opinions and the rest doesn't look too bad, that trade stuck out though.

That offer you sent me was pretty good, I'd want to add a bit on your side and wait until some things were resolved (Forte's contract/new OC/Knee, Flynn's contract) before doing anything though.

Yeah it's always good to read some different opinions and the rest doesn't look too bad, that trade stuck out though.

That offer you sent me was pretty good, I'd want to add a bit on your side and wait until some things were resolved (Forte's contract/new OC/Knee, Flynn's contract) before doing anything though.

I sent you an email about the trade. If you are wanting to wait until all those things are resolved, and I still have Forte, then we can talk about again. But I will still be willing and looking to trade him to other teams in the meantime.

Sterling Archer

I sent you an email about the trade. If you are wanting to wait until all those things are resolved, and I still have Forte, then we can talk about again. But I will still be willing and looking to trade him to other teams in the meantime.

That's fine, although I've just pointed out all the reasons they should hold off. unsure.gif

laugh.gif

This BCS bowl game is awful. About 7 minutes left in the 3rd, and I'm no sure LSU have made it over the 50 yard line yet. Their QB just lobbed a pass straight to a Alabama player.

If I was a LSU fan, I'd have left for Bourbon Street long ago...

I've never really followed how the college bowl games work but is there any reason why there isn't any playoffs to decide the champion? It just seems like they pick two teams at random and with this one in particular it has blown up in their faces with it being so bad. Would have thought that would have been an even better way for players to establish themselves before the draft.

I see that Hue Jackson got fired by the Raiders. It seems the legacy of Al Davis lives on with them firing coaches for the sake of it. That ridiculous trade for Palmer probably cost him. Would have got good odds a few weeks back in the AFC west on him being fired but Norv Turner staying.

With the coaches, I don't understand why the Rams and the Dolphins are falling over themselves and wanting to throw money to get Jeff Fisher. Don't think he was ever anything but an average coach at Tennessee.

I've never really followed how the college bowl games work but is there any reason why there isn't any playoffs to decide the champion? It just seems like they pick two teams at random and with this one in particular it has blown up in their faces with it being so bad. Would have thought that would have been an even better way for players to establish themselves before the draft.

Basically, the bowl participants are hand picked, depending on form...and how big a TV draw they are. While the game itself was pish (for the uninterested, non-purist like me) you dont get much bigger than an LSU-Alabama football match up. In any US sport.

There is talk of it changing to a play off system, but I'll believe it when I see it. College football is huge, huge business for the bigger colleges and they like the status quo. Particularly the cheap labour.

Sterling Archer

Interesting trade. I think Wallace is over valued generally but that's about as fair a trade as I've seen. Steelers obviously assume far less risk.

Interesting trade. I think Wallace is over valued generally but that's about as fair a trade as I've seen. Steelers obviously assume far less risk.

I'm happy with the trade. But like the McFadden trade, I think most people would prefer the other side of it.

Nice one on that link :thumbsup:

Sterling Archer

I'm happy with the trade. But like the McFadden trade, I think most people would prefer the other side of it.

Nice one on that link :thumbsup:

Ultimately comes down to who you pick. If you'd end up with a repeat of Ryan Williams / Leshoure then you're screwed, equally well you could get two great players.

Sterling Archer

Trent Richardson declares. Let the bidding war begin, get him before he becomes untradeable.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Oh yeah he will be my pick... And i more than likely will not trade him.

I am however, Not really looking forward to this bidding war you speak of.

Sterling Archer

Oh yeah he will be my pick... And i more than likely will not trade him.

I am however, Not really looking forward to this bidding war you speak of.

I doubt there will be one actually. Take him and be happy with it.

Sterling Archer

I think Thomas in Denver obviously gives you hope but the problem is we have no idea how good Leshoure was going to be.

If he was going to be an average back and comes back at 80% he's done. However if he was going to be great then 80% might still be better than a lot of other RBs.

Detroit seems to get some serious bad luck with Running Backs over the last couple of years. Best - Concussions. Leshoure- Ruptured Achilles Tendon. Kevin Smith - Torn ACL. Jerome Harrison - Brain Tumour. :blink:

Weekend predictions

Saints

Patriots

Giants

Ravens

Really looking forward to the Saints/49ers game tonight and The Giants/Packers tomorrow.

I'll be fair and stick to my original thoughts and not change :teehee:

Saints

Patriots

Ravens

Packers

The Saints are shooting themselves in the foot. At least if its a convincing win for the 49ers, there won't be as much attention on the Broncos match if they get beaten as I'm almost certain they will. Still hope there might be a small chance though and seeing us stuff St Mirren and Rudi's hat trick and a Broncos win tonight, can't get much better sporting days than that.