**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer

Maybe not, but if the Seahawks don't trade up for the 1.02 then maybe I will :ninja:

If the order stays the same though, then I'd fancy that the Patriots would take Blackmon over Luck. And if that proves true then the rest of the order should stay the way I have it I think.

Neither of you can afford it.

RG3 is the wildcard imo.

• Replies 33.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

I'll not be trading up, at least until I see where people go. I'm still guaranteed one very good player with the 5th pick without giving up anything.

There might be concern over his size when it comes to taking hits like Newton or Tebow can, but I'm loving what I've seen and read about RG III.

Last night turned out exactly as I thought, Denver are nowhere near good enough on offense or defence to be able to compete with New England. Interesting off season ahead for them though but the season went a lot better than I thought as I expected them to be in the running for Luck or Richardson.

Hopefully some good matches tonight, would prefer to see the Ravens get the win tonight as it would be a better game next week and would like to see the Patriots fail again in the post season as they are full of themselves.

I'm pretty confident about Houston's chances now, but clearly Baltimore is a pretty formidable place to go and try and win.

Shocking stuff that a Hearts fan could have Wayne as his second favourite Foster :teehee:

What a player though and one of the great things about the NFL is a guy like that can be undrafted. Where as now, almost every team would kill to have an RB like that because he is one of the best in the business.

Shocking stuff that a Hearts fan could have Wayne as his second favourite Foster :teehee:

What a player though and one of the great things about the NFL is a guy like that can be undrafted. Where as now, almost every team would kill to have an RB like that because he is one of the best in the business.

He is "only" on about ?6k a week.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Looks like the Ravens have done it then. The question is can their D slow down the Pats offense next week?

He is "only" on about ?6k a week.

Never knew that and makes it more impressive because he's not like a lot of players who are complaining that they aren't getting more money.

No matter what happens in this game, the Texans are going to be good for years and Watt just gets better and better.

ENVER BRNCS

What's missing?

Talent? :whistling:

I think they've done great this season considering they are one of the youngest teams in the league, had the third hardest schedule in the league. They had a horror start to the season and everyone thought they would be terrible, so first play off season and win since 2005 isn't bad. They've been hammered this season by the Patriots twice, Packers and Lions, no shame in that.

Interesting as well that they've got the third most room in the salary cap for next season, so they should be able to go after some good players in free agency.

Looks like the Ravens have done it then. The question is can their D slow down the Pats offense next week?

If the Ravens see this out, I can't see them being able to do it all. It's just too difficult for any D to shut out Welker, Gronkowski and Hernandez, just too many weapons for Brady. I'd be very surprised if they didn't make the Superbowl.

If it ends up being the Patriots and Packers, would be interesting to know what the highest scoring Superbowl is because that one could come close.

Geoff Kilpatrick

If the Ravens see this out, I can't see them being able to do it all. It's just too difficult for any D to shut out Welker, Gronkowski and Hernandez, just too many weapons for Brady. I'd be very surprised if they didn't make the Superbowl.

If it ends up being the Patriots and Packers, would be interesting to know what the highest scoring Superbowl is because that one could come close.

Rather that than a cringe inducing Harbaugh Bowl in any case.

****. Good effort the day, but undone by a couple of howling mistakes.

I think the Pats will easily make it to the Super Bowl.

Rather that than a cringe inducing Harbaugh Bowl in any case.

Definitely, it would be all them and nothing else. Especially as the game would be terrible as well, the last one was just run, run, run, punt from both teams.

I wouldn't mind seeing either team win it though, although I don't want to see Flacco winning a Superbowl. Think he'll be the other reason why the Patriots win next week as he is woeful. Reed's injury at the end could make a huge difference as he's probably the only safety in the game that is good enough to shut down Gronkowski.

Now it is. ****!

Great effort especially considering the injuries in the season. Think you've got a huge chance to get to the Superbowl next season when you get everyone back and if you get another good WR so there isn't as much reliance on Johnson.

Having said that I know how you will feel now, horrible feeling when it's all over for another year.

Great effort especially considering the injuries in the season. Think you've got a huge chance to get to the Superbowl next season when you get everyone back and if you get another good WR so there isn't as much reliance on Johnson.

Having said that I know how you will feel now, horrible feeling when it's all over for another year.

On the plus side, looking forward to the $500 refund for the unused second play off tickets...

Geoff Kilpatrick

Had Schaub stayed fit, I reckon the Texans would be Superbowl bound.

For next season, they should win the AFC South quite comfortably given the turmoil in Indy and the other two being shite.

Had Schaub stayed fit, I reckon the Texans would be Superbowl bound.

For next season, they should win the AFC South quite comfortably given the turmoil in Indy and the other two being shite.

I'd agree with both.

Between Eli and KUUUUUUHN for Giants best player of the first half there...

Manning and Nicks both been great first half. It's like the packers have had grease on their hands, how many drops and fumbles?

Geoff Kilpatrick

If the Pack lose this, suddenly defense will be cool again, with the Ravens, Niners and Giants bidding for the big show (although the Giants haven't looked good stats wise).

The refs have been shocking in favour of the Packers. Not calling the fumble in the first half and then the invisible foul on Rodgers. Noticed that all season it's the big teams that seem to get these calls.

Looks like it will be a Giants win, you can almost see the Superbowl being a repeat from a few years back against the Patriots. Or the Harbaugh brothers against each other. Feels like it won't be one v the other.

Would like to see the Giants winning it now.

Sterling Archer

Looking forward to a rematch of the funniest Superbowl in recent years, Pats Giants.

18-1 means nothing if the one comes at the end.

[media][/media]

Here's the link-

I was praying for a Giants win yesterday, that gave us home field for Sunday. Now I have to enter the race for tickets via Ticketmaster on wed at 1pm, even with my season ticket holder promo code, there's no guarantee.

We humped the Giants at the stick in the regular season and we will beat them again.

This is our year.

Edited by Big G

Nucky Thompson

Looks good, because of the scoring there's no point spending on Qbs

Do you still go with this theory Ron :P

Nucky Thompson

My Superbowl bet is still alive going into the Championship games. Ravens @ 10/1 and Giants @ 16/1. At least I'm getting a run for my money this year :thumbsup:

Here's the link-

I was praying for a Giants win yesterday, that gave us home field for Sunday. Now I have to enter the race for tickets via Ticketmaster on wed at 1pm, even with my season ticket holder promo code, there's no guarantee.

We humped the Giants at the stick in the regular season and we will beat them again.

This is our year.

You have a season ticket but not a guaranteed seat for the play off games?

You have a season ticket but not a guaranteed seat for the play off games?

Aye, it's all screwed up mate, I got a promo code to use for this very purpose, Said that I (and all the others) have first dibs, I was lucky enough to get on Ticketmaster and actually get two tickets for the game on Saturday, got an email last night with the details for tickets this week. If the system crashes or is really slow then I will lose my first dibs place in the line :(

Don't ask me why or how, that's just how the brain trust have planned it....

Unlucky yesterday Peebo, A fit QB and you would have won that game.

Aye, it's all screwed up mate, I got a promo code to use for this very purpose, Said that I (and all the others) have first dibs, I was lucky enough to get on Ticketmaster and actually get two tickets for the game on Saturday, got an email last night with the details for tickets this week. If the system crashes or is really slow then I will lose my first dibs place in the line :(

Don't ask me why or how, that's just how the brain trust have planned it....

Unlucky yesterday Peebo, A fit QB and you would have won that game.

We had to buy tickets for two play of games up front. Getting the refund will now be a small consolation.

Looking forward to a rematch of the funniest Superbowl in recent years, Pats Giants.

18-1 means nothing if the one comes at the end.

That match was tremendous and would be great to have another rematch, always a good day when Belichick and Brady fall flat on their face

:jjyay:

Geoff Kilpatrick

That match was tremendous and would be great to have another rematch, always a good day when Belichick and Brady fall flat on their face

:jjyay:

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Can see it happening as well, if that's the match. The worst thing for any team to do is get Brady fired up as he seems to play even better when that happens.

Counter offer made, Scott.

Was wondering if anyone on here could point me in the direction of a good NFL podcast to listen to? I like Football Weekly and The Football Ramble for the beautiful game and The Basketball Jones for the NBA, anything for the NFL that is similar to these?

Also, is there anyone worth following on twitter for a NFL fan?