**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

Geoff Kilpatrick

Any that might look at a Qb in the draft minus the colts.

Bills

Jets

Dolphins

Browns

Jaguars

Broncos

Chiefs

49ers

Seahawks

Cardinals

Given the daft contract the Bills gave to Fitzpatrick, could they afford Flynn?

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

Any that might look at a Qb in the draft minus the colts.

Bills

Jets

Dolphins

Browns

Jaguars

Broncos

Chiefs

49ers

Seahawks

Cardinals

Don't agree on the ones in bold.

Sterling Archer

Given the daft contract the Bills gave to Fitzpatrick, could they afford Flynn?

Forgot about that contract. I'm curious why dizzle doesn't think the others would take a look.

Isaac Clarke

I'm on holiday at the moment so getting on the internet often is proving quite tricky.

I'd say I'm open to trading Ben Tate for draft picks and/or WR's, depending on the offer.

EDIT: I'll try and get back on the internet in a couple days to respond to any offers, cheers.

Edited by JamboTaylor

Sterling Archer

I think the Jags would definitely take another QB if they got the chance. Gabbert is horrendous.

Especially considering the new rookie deals mean you're not tied down like before.

Forgot about that contract. I'm curious why dizzle doesn't think the others would take a look.

Well, Bills has already been explained. I think the Jags would be better at looking at a vet QB to come in for a season or two and see if they can turn Gabbert around after his shite rookie year, not sure what the Gerrard situation was before he was released, but looking back you would say they should've kept him.

Broncos have Tebow, we can argue how much the turn around was down to him but they were stacking up the Ws with him at QB. I think I'm right in saying various people involved with the Broncos have said this is the way they want to go forward, plus the fans have taken to him. They've also got Quinn as back-up, and I think he's still contracted for a couple of years.

Smith has turned things around this season, seems like it's all down to Harbaugh's coaching that's lead to his improvement. Could be wrong on this one, but I think things clicked this season and I don't see why they'd change that.

Cardinals spent a fair bit to bring in Kolb, I don't think you write him off straight away, Skelton seems to be doing alright just now. Don't you think they'd improve other areas and try to make things work with Kolb?

Just don't see any of these teams spending starting QB money on Flynn, and that's what they'd need to pay because there are a fair few teams out there that can offer it. I also think Flynn is going to go somewhere that he can get that starting job commitment.

Sterling Archer

Since we spoke about this. Found this:

The qb franchise number is going to be really high. If they tag him and can't find a taker...

Yeah isn't the franchise tag mean he has to be top 5 paid QB? I don't think even Rodgers is top 5 anymore. No way the Pack does this.

#5. Brady, $13 mil

#4. Vick, $14.4 mil

#3. Big Ben, $14,75 mil

#2. Peyton, $16 mil

#1..

:eek:

#1. Sanchez, $17.25 mil

I see its open season on ridiculous trade offers already....

My three 1st rounders & Jon Baldwin for Darren McFadden.

Seriously??

I see its open season on ridiculous trade offers already....

My three 1st rounders & Jon Baldwin for Darren McFadden.

Seriously??

I'm sorry if the offer upset you :(

That Lions-Packers game was ridiculous, Flynn's got a lot of talent and I think Washington is a very good shout to go for him, seeing they'll be out of reach for Luck and Griffin.

Awful performance from the Broncos today and Tebow was terrible. The playcalling is a joke and when they actually get Tebow to throw, he's only got two recievers to go for every time. Great stuff from the Chargers though and although the Broncos will get thumped in the play offs by the Steelers, at least they've finally got there again.

Broncos have Tebow, we can argue how much the turn around was down to him but they were stacking up the Ws with him at QB. I think I'm right in saying various people involved with the Broncos have said this is the way they want to go forward, plus the fans have taken to him. They've also got Quinn as back-up, and I think he's still contracted for a couple of years.

Quinn's contract is up at the end of the year and Tebow is the only one under contract. Wouldn't be surprised to see them re-sign Quinn for another year as he wouldn't get a start anywhere else. I think they'll probably give Tebow next season but through the draft and free agency, they need to get him help.

Geoff Kilpatrick

If it was possible I'd expect both teams to throw it away at the end.

Maybe they'll tie, missing 4 field goals each in overtime! :laugh:

QB killed my team this year. Three RBs in the top 18, WR top eight TE top four. really need 1 QB 2 WR and a young TE this year.

Sterling Archer

Gates has been sensational. Top 3 TE over the last 6 weeks of the season, with the emergence of Cook I'm looking to move one of them.

As I said Scott all my Qbs are available.

I think we've got a quite good setup that accurately reflects the real NFL, teams without Qbs will really struggle.

Sterling Archer

I'm sure you would. I value him based on two seasons ago rather than last year. Depending on who declares I'd expect atleast a first.

Gates has been sensational. Top 3 TE over the last 6 weeks of the season, with the emergence of Cook I'm looking to move one of them.

As I said Scott all my Qbs are available.

I think we've got a quite good setup that accurately reflects the real NFL, teams without Qbs will really struggle.

With you on that one Donn regarding the Qbs. Problem was I was always playing one season fantasy games where QB were not the be all and end all. I think I will now be a mediocre mid div team

Sterling Archer

With you on that one Donn regarding the Qbs. Problem was I was always playing one season fantasy games where QB were not the be all and end all. I think I will now be a mediocre mid div team

Cutlers been fine it's just his line and receivers have been terrible. It's easier to get depth and points at the other positions so it may just be a case of identifying a guy you want and going after him. Even if you have to sacrifice someone you like.

As Qbs have the longest career getting a good one means you don't need to worry about it and can take all your flyers/draft picks on other positions.

Nucky Thompson

I'm sure you would. I value him based on two seasons ago rather than last year. Depending on who declares I'd expect atleast a first.

At least a first :blink:

Not from me anyway. I like Freeman as a QB, but he's been shite this season. You might base his value on what he did two seasons ago, but anyone wanting to pick him up will be looking at how much of a shambles the Buccs will be next year. If they get their shit together, you've got a valuable QB, if they don't then I'd be as well sticking with Fitzpatrick.

Nucky Thompson

Not from me anyway. I like Freeman as a QB, but he's been shite this season. You might base his value on what he did two seasons ago, but anyone wanting to pick him up will be looking at how much of a shambles the Buccs will be next year. If they get their shit together, you've got a valuable QB, if they don't then I'd be as well sticking with Fitzpatrick.

Even 2 years ago he only threw for 10 TD's with 18 interceptions. Granted he looked good last season but maybe he was flattering to deceive

Sterling Archer

Even 2 years ago he only threw for 10 TD's with 18 interceptions. Granted he looked good last season but maybe he was flattering to deceive

No two years ago he threw for 25 tds and only 6 interceptions. You're thinking of his 9 game rookie season.

I hadn't realised Mendenhall tore his ACL yesterday. Sore one.

Eta I see we're talking about two different seasons.

Edited by Ron Swanson

Sterling Archer

I'd be curious to see how you guys would rank QBs for dynasty. I can't see freeman being much lower than 12-15 and therefore a QB1.

Sterling Archer

Ive just checked and despite his "terrible" season he finished QB17 (QB20 in avg points) which makes him essentially a QB1 for our league. Unless you assume he continues to get worse he's easily worth a first.

Not exactly a surprise to see both the Rams and the Bucs sacked their coach, it was only a matter of time. Could only see the Colts or the Chargers doing the same out the rest but hopefully Norv will stick around.

With the QB's, you probably do need one of the best to challenge as shown by our final this year. For me, Romo is probably only one of about two or three that could help me rebuild completely, if I got a great offer. On the other hand, it could set me back as I've not got a reliable backup.

Rodgers

Brees

Newton

Stafford

Brady - 35 at the start of next season

Rivers

Ryan

Vick

Romo

Eli

Big Ben

Bradford

Schaub

Fitzpatrick

Freeman

Cutler

Dalton

Peyton Manning

Joe Flacco

Mark Sanchez

Tim Tebow

Alex Smith

Matt Flynn

Jake Locker

Carson Palmer

Christian Ponder

Kevin Kolb

Matt Moore

Everyone else

Nucky Thompson

I hadn't realised Mendenhall tore his ACL yesterday. Sore one.

Yeah Damian Williams also damaged his ribs and Holmes spat the dummy out at the Jets. Hopefully Mendenhall will be ready to go at training camp

Sterling Archer

Rodgers

Brees

Newton

Stafford

Brady - 35 at the start of next season

Rivers

Ryan

Vick

Romo

Eli

Big Ben

Bradford

Schaub

Fitzpatrick

Freeman

Cutler

Dalton

Peyton Manning

Joe Flacco

Mark Sanchez

Tim Tebow

Alex Smith

Matt Flynn

Jake Locker

Carson Palmer

Christian Ponder

Kevin Kolb

Matt Moore

Everyone else

While I don't quite agree I feel everyone down to Kolb is worth more or less a 1st in our league.

I'd be curious to see how you guys would rank QBs for dynasty. I can't see freeman being much lower than 12-15 and therefore a QB1.

In no order, just going by the leagues quickly, ranking above him for me would be

Brady

Roethlisberger

Manning

Rivers

Manning

Romo

Vick

Rodgers

Stafford

Cutler

Brees

Ryan

Newton

Dalton

That's 14 for definite, will go with the assumption that Peyton Manning will still be available for the next couple of years, although obviously that could change. Will include Dalton because he's got Green and they might upgrade even more with their offense with the extra draft picks they got from the Raiders. Almost included Schaub as well because he's helped out by having Andre Johnson but their run game takes away a lot of potential for points.

After that it's quite difficult, I don't rate Flacco or Sanchez because they've had the recievers and not shown enough. Bradford could still be good but he needs a lot of help as he's not really had anyone to throw to in his time at the Rams. There's a few others where it's too early to tell.

I'd probably say Freeman is around 16 or so, borderline starting QB in our league. Difficult to judge too because he's not got the big names around him in the offense.

In fact looking at that list of the top 14, they've all got at least one or two top quality guys to throw to apart from Cutler. If he had good players around him, he would be better than quite a few of them.

Sterling Archer

If anyone is interested in Titus Young, now might be a good time to bid.

:interesting:

Two Jets on the chopping block-- Jets WR Santonio Holmes and LB Bart Scott are both rumored to possibly be on their way out of town. Said one teammate on Holmes, He is a "cancer" and is like dealing with a "10 year old." As for Scott, sources have stated that he will definitely not be back with the team in 2012.

Sterling Archer

Back to QBs, you need to look at the rookie picks from last year. I know it's not exact as people rank differently but he's probably worth more than Qbs picked in the 1st last year, exc Newton

Back to QBs, you need to look at the rookie picks from last year. I know it's not exact as people rank differently but he's probably worth more than Qbs picked in the 1st last year, exc Newton

I'd agree with that, but you'd want more than it's worth to me if I was to trade for him.

Sterling Archer

I'd agree with that, but you'd want more than it's worth to me if I was to trade for him.

That's fair enough, just trying to explain my position.

Two Jets on the chopping block-- Jets WR Santonio Holmes and LB Bart Scott are both rumored to possibly be on their way out of town. Said one teammate on Holmes, He is a "cancer" and is like dealing with a "10 year old." As for Scott, sources have stated that he will definitely not be back with the team in 2012.

The Jets are run like a circus so it's not a surprise at all. It's quite funny that both the Ryan's haven't even made the play offs when they want as much attention as the players, especially with Rex so it's not a surprise that his players are throwing tantrums.

One of the great things about the NFL is that even bringing in the big name players is a definite way to fail seeing as that it's all about a team effort, look at the Jets and the Eagles falling flat on their face.

Sterling Archer

Apparently Polians just been shitcanned.

Turner, schottenheimer, Caldwell all expected to go shortly.

Bill and Chris Polian fired in indy, no word on caldwell yet but hopefully he will be gone by the end of the day aswell.