• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

I had a look at the drafts in previous years and look at the list of the first ten running backs taken in the 2008 draft, not bad :arry:

1st round

Darren McFadden

Jonathan Stewart

Felix Jones

Rashard Mendenhall

Chris Johnson

2nd round

Matt Forte

Ray Rice

3rd round

Kevin Smith

Jamaal Charles

Steve Slaton

Hillis was a seventh rounder that year as well.

This year better be even half as good as that lot :lol:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Open to offers but I think I'd rather see the real draft before trading the draft picks.

Hernandez is someone I don't want to trade. Sadly, I think he will leave the Pats after his rookie contract (or be traded for a 1st rounder) because Gronk is a beast. Hernandez is a different type but would have Jimmy Graham like numbers elsewhere (assuming a decent QB was throwing him the ball).

MJD I am open to offers to though but I want depth in bodies rather than draft picks.

I had a look at the drafts in previous years and look at the list of the first ten running backs taken in the 2008 draft, not bad :arry:

1st round

Darren McFadden

Jonathan Stewart

Felix Jones

Rashard Mendenhall

Chris Johnson

2nd round

Matt Forte

Ray Rice

3rd round

Kevin Smith

Jamaal Charles

Steve Slaton

Hillis was a seventh rounder that year as well.

This year better be even half as good as that lot :lol:

That was some year for RBs. Heres the next few to compare.

1st Knowshon Moreno, Donald Brown, Beanie Wells.

2nd LeSean McCoy.

3rd Shonn Greene, Glen Coffee.

1st Spiller, Matthews and Best

2nd McCluster, Gerhart, Hardesty and Tate.

1st Ingram

2nd Williams, Vereen, LeShoure and Thomas

3rd Murray, Ridley and Green.

Still too early too judge a lot of these guys, but that 2008 year was definitely a freak one off.

Sterling Archer

My rough attempt at a mock draft (since I have no picks)

Pirates - Trent Richardson (the Andrew luck of RB's, the clear cut number 1 pick IMO)

Patriots - Andrew Luck (Richardson fits more of a need but no longer available, Pats settle for 'the next Peyton manning' who should give them stability for years to come)

Thunder - Justin Blackmon (simply best player available)

Giants - Robert Griffin III (with Schaubs future in doubt the potential for a Cam Newton Mk II is too good to pass up. Especially when RG3 has far less questions re accuracy than Newton did at this point last year)

Seahawks - Michael Floyd (truly special hands, questionable head. If he screws it on he could be an excellent player and fits the Seahawks biggest need)

Steelers

Nessies

Steelers

Broncos

Bucs

Nessies

Broncos

Nessies

Patriots

Bengals

Broncos

?

That's as far as I can go just now. Will do some more research later on.

This is the first time I've seen anyone question Schaub's future...

Sterling Archer

I meant in fantasy terms. I'd say giants weakest position is Qb and Schaub doesnt figure to be top 5 in the future. Can see how I might have worded that better.

Will need to brush up on the top rookies coming out, still not sure which way I'll go, QB/WR. If Baldwin and Smith can continue to improve on good rookie seasons, I might not be as short at WR as I look. DHB might establish himself, plus I'll have Amendola and Gettis back from IR which gives me a pick of reasonable WR3s.

Fitzpatrick is middle of the road, seems to have a great start to the season so that might give me something solid if I draft a QB who takes time to find his feet.

Sterling Archer

You need a qb desperately dizzle. I just figured that the next best prospect wouldn't be deserving of a pick that high.

Realistically you're looking at Landry Jones, Nick Foles, Brandon Weeden or Ryan Tannehill none of who are worth a 1.05 rookie pick. Floyds a special talent, if Matt Barkley had come out I might have considered him tbf.

Just trying to generate some discussion on this, not expecting everyone to agree.

Sterling Archer

Fwiw, 4 of the top 5 teams had Qbs ranked between 1-5 in total pts. Shows just how important a top qb can be.

Sterling Archer

If you'd had even the 5th best qb you'd have had an avg 9 pts more per game than you got with Fitzpatrick.

Yeah, I follow your line of thinking. I can go for the WR and maybe try to shift some players around to sort out that QB situation. I think I'm right in saying Jones is the next best QB after Griffin and there are a fair few quality players that'll get drafted ahead of him so it would be a wasted pick.

Edited by P-Dizzle

I was 3rd top points scorer because of that QB disadvantage. :lol: Got rid of Brady because my WRs were dreadful, Holmes and Meecham were my top guys. :vrface:

If I can sort myself out at QB, and see Chris Johnson perform like he should, I'll be pushing you guys a lot closer next season.

Edited by P-Dizzle

That was some year for RBs. Heres the next few to compare.

1st Knowshon Moreno, Donald Brown, Beanie Wells.

2nd LeSean McCoy.

3rd Shonn Greene, Glen Coffee.

1st Spiller, Matthews and Best

2nd McCluster, Gerhart, Hardesty and Tate.

1st Ingram

2nd Williams, Vereen, LeShoure and Thomas

3rd Murray, Ridley and Green.

Still too early too judge a lot of these guys, but that 2008 year was definitely a freak one off.

It's quite interesting to see how poor its been recently, especially as there really hasn't been anyone that has established themselves as a full time starter apart from McCoy and possibly Greene. The only other guy has been Foster and he was undrafted. I wonder if that's because teams are now going with two backs and the rookie seems to always come in as a backup. It says a lot seeing that Detroit and Arizona have both drafted two high running backs in recent years.

Still can't believe Denver took Moreno at about 12 in 2009, he's been a complete bust.

It's looking good so far, hopefully there's going to be a few running backs with potential.

Sterling Archer

I was 3rd top points scorer because of that QB disadvantage. :lol: Got rid of Brady because my WRs were dreadful, Holmes and Meecham were my top guys. :vrface:

If I can sort myself out at QB, and see Chris Johnson perform like he should, I'll be pushing you guys a lot closer next season.

To be fair you've gone from needing 3 or 4 players to needing 1. You probably need a WR and TE too but you could easily compete if you find a QB

Sterling Archer

And if you look at the inactive list that's why we'll not play a week 17 final in this league.

And if you look at the inactive list that's why we'll not play a week 17 final in this league.

Yep, having this argument in my other ESPN league. I want us to be able to take on 4 RBs on our roster, so you could go 3 WR/4 RB if you wanted as RB injuries have been a bitch. Plus a week 16 final, LM says he doesn't buy that argument because Brees and Roethlisberger are playing... :vrface:

I said that there are a good number of players that won't be playing because their teams have things locked up, so it's not a true championship game because owners will have to drop people like Rodgers for the final. It's being punished for having a player from a good team.

Just looking at the scores on our site. Am I the only person sad enough to actually submit a line-up for the weeks I don't even have a game? :lol:

Sterling Archer

Just looking at the scores on our site. Am I the only person sad enough to actually submit a line-up for the weeks I don't even have a game? :lol:

The total points currently showing on the standings is based on 16 weeks btw. So it does atleast record it, but yeah I think you're the only one.

Just do it out of habit tbh, I like checking up form and who's doing what.

Edited by P-Dizzle

Sterling Archer

Think he's probably more valuable than Freeman right now tbh.

Colts officially on the clock.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Think he's probably more valuable than Freeman right now tbh.

Colts officially on the clock.

I await Rex Ryan offering 3 1st Round picks for Peyton Manning! :laugh:

Jests! :verysmug:

Sterling Archer

Our league opens again for trading in 3 minutes.

It was meant to be tomorrow but what the hell.

This Lions/Packers game has been brilliant, great shoot out. Something like 900 passing yards. :lol:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Our league opens again for trading in 3 minutes.

It was meant to be tomorrow but what the hell.

Yeah, it's fair enough. I think Brees has won the consolation bowl single-handedly. :sob:

Seeing as trades open, I'm looking for a QB. I'm open to anything, but anyone who wants Megatron/McCoy will be destroying their team to get them.

Sterling Archer

Yeah, it's fair enough. I think Brees has won the consolation bowl single-handedly. :sob:

Point is all players are locked now and I doubt anything will be done quickly, if it was ill wait to put it through.

Sterling Archer

Seeing as trades open, I'm looking for a QB. I'm open to anything, but anyone who wants Megatron/McCoy will be destroying their team to get them.

All of my Qbs are available, valued in the following order

Rodgers

Flynn

Freeman

Yates

Johnson.

I wouldn't require either of those two to get a deal done for 4 of those guys. I'm sure you can guess which.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Unrestricted free agent :greggy:

Could the Packers franchise him though in the same way the Patriots did with Cassel?

Sterling Archer

Could the Packers franchise him though in the same way the Patriots did with Cassel?

Not sure but If they did they'd need to pay him the average of the top 5 players at that position. Never going to happen.

BTW, Chiefs have taken the lead against Denver. Orton's revenge?

Tebow just fumbled as well, would love to see them get pumped out. :jjyay:

Edited by P-Dizzle

Not sure but If they did they'd need to pay him the average of the top 5 players at that position. Never going to happen.

What teams would realistically be in the hunt for him? I don't really understand the whole salary cap and what you can and can't do.

Maybe add Browns to the list, if they're giving up on McCoy.

Sterling Archer

What teams would realistically be in the hunt for him? I don't really understand the whole salary cap and what you can and can't do.

Maybe add Browns to the list, if they're giving up on McCoy.

Any that might look at a Qb in the draft minus the colts.

Bills

Jets

Dolphins

Browns

Jaguars

Broncos

Chiefs

49ers

Seahawks

Cardinals