**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

Quite interesting about the Polian's, I wonder if it's got anything to do with them not liking any potential move with Luck/Manning.

Bigger possibility is maybe one of the big name out of work coaches has agreed to coach them, as long as they get to run everything?

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

A few people that are usualy reliable on twitter are hearing that Manning has quietly requested a trade or to be released, hope its not true. As for the Polians Im glad they are gone never forgiven them for sitting the players at 14-0. It was the right time for them to go anyway. The press conference later on should be interesting.

Edited by Darth Ewing

Geoff Kilpatrick

New brooms in Indy? I would say Manning will be traded now. Would love to see the Jests go for him and destroy the rest of their roster given what they are paying Sanchez! :laugh:

Not a huge surprise about Martz.

It seems like players will do anything to avoid playing for the Redskins :lol:

Rocky McIntosh, Redskins linebacker missed curfew on 31st December before the team's Week 17 game and attempted to cover it up by stuffing pillows under his blanket to make it appear as if he were sleeping in his hotel bed, according to ESPN Radio.

Redskins coach Mike Shanahan then deactivated McIntosh for Sunday's game against the Eagles.

Larry,

Was going to make a counter-offer but I'll need to think it over.

Ok. Just made another proposal before I seen this.

I've got a feeling I know who you'll be asking for though.

Ok. Just made another proposal before I seen this.

I've got a feeling I know who you'll be asking for though.

Yep, I'd put together a deal but I closed the webpage instead of sending it as I didn't think it would fly. You're determined to hold on to Green and I'm determined to hold on to Johnson. :P

Sterling Archer

Yep, I'd put together a deal but I closed the webpage instead of sending it as I didn't think it would fly. You're determined to hold on to Green and I'm determined to hold on to Johnson. :P

:oohmatron:

I actually thought you'd be trying to come up with a deal involving Stafford. Which would have been a no go.

I'll PM you.

Sterling Archer

I actually thought you'd be trying to come up with a deal involving Stafford. Which would have been a no go.

I'll PM you.

:look:

I've set this up just in case there are no other playoff challenges on the go, if anyone wants to sign up.

Hopefully it will work and in case it's needed, the password for it is Kickback. Imaginative I know.

Seems quite decent, 2 QB's, 2 RB'S, 2 WR'S and a TE, K, D, each week with a budget. Just a points league version rather than head to head. If there's any problems managing to get into the page, let me know.

http://games.espn.go.com/gridiron-playoff-challenge/en/group?groupID=15860

Nucky Thompson

I've set this up just in case there are no other playoff challenges on the go, if anyone wants to sign up.

Hopefully it will work and in case it's needed, the password for it is Kickback. Imaginative I know.

Seems quite decent, 2 QB's, 2 RB'S, 2 WR'S and a TE, K, D, each week with a budget. Just a points league version rather than head to head. If there's any problems managing to get into the page, let me know.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Sterling Archer

Landry Jones stays in school.

The value of other available QBs goes up and up :greggy:

I know it's been posted before...but what's the draft order for our league for 2012? Is it on the MFL site anywhere??

Sterling Archer

I know it's been posted before...but what's the draft order for our league for 2012? Is it on the MFL site anywhere??

Not yet, it won't be on there till the next league is paid for. I've got it at work and can post it later?

Sterling Archer

Actual

Pirates

Patriots

Thunder

Giants

Seahawks

Steelers

Nessies

Steelers

Broncos

Bucs

Nessies

Broncos

Nessies

Patriots

Bengals

Broncos

Pirates

Patriots

Patriots

Giants

Cowboys

Broncos

Nessies

Colts

Broncos

Bucs

Colts

Broncos

Nessies

Bengals

Bengals

Broncos

?

?

There you go.

Interesting offer but I'd want a lot more for Bowe.

I've moved down to 6th?

:muggy:

First trade of the off-season already in, hopefully we'll see a few more moves.

Actual

Pirates

Patriots

Thunder

Giants

Seahawks

Steelers

Nessies

Steelers

Broncos

Bucs

Nessies

Broncos

Nessies

Patriots

Bengals

Broncos

Pirates

Patriots

Patriots

Giants

Cowboys

Broncos

Nessies

Colts

Broncos

Bucs

Colts

Broncos

Nessies

Bengals

Bengals

Broncos

?

?

There you go.

Interesting offer but I'd want a lot more for Bowe.

Ta. Feel free to reject or counter.

Sterling Archer

I've moved down to 6th?

:muggy:

First trade of the off-season already in, hopefully we'll see a few more moves.

Read it again :Vlad-Stupid:

No one giving me abuse for the McFadden trade? :huh:

Bengals are 8/5 to beat the Texans, seems like good value to me. Add the Lions(+10.5) and that's a nice wee 4/1 double for the weekend.

That's me entered. Cheers for setting it up :thumbsup:

Bengals are 8/5 to beat the Texans, seems like good value to me. Add the Lions(+10.5) and that's a nice wee 4/1 double for the weekend.

I look forward to you losing your money.

I look forward to you losing your money.

Probably. But it has the look of being a really close one, so the Bengals odds are good value I reckon.

Enjoy the game :thumbsup:

Nucky Thompson

I reckon you have got a cracking deal for him especially the way Bush has came in and performed. They could be sharing carries next season unless the Raiders trade one of them

No worries at all about setting up the play off challenge, interesting to see how it goes. :thumbsup:

With the play offs, I'd have to go for the Bengals, Saints, Giants and Steelers. I think it's going to be difficult for the Texans with all the injuries, although in lots of ways its the most interesting game because both teams have either no or virtually no play off experience. Saints and Lions should be entertaining. The Falcons haven't shown they can win any big game in the last few years and sadly I think the Broncos have no chance against the Steelers, although Mendenhall, Clark and Pouncey being out should help.

Good to get the trade done and finally get one of the best RB's but unless McFadden does the business, I've given up a hell of a lot for him. Got to hope he does the business and at least I've still got my two top first round picks to help as well.

But because of that, I should also ask the question

Out of interest, for everyone else if it was a choice between McFadden and Forte, who would you have gone for?

Sterling Archer

Probably Forte for me but either is worth what you paid.

My general rule is that whoever got the best player in a trade wins and that's certainly the case here.

It's far easier to collect depth than top end players, it's how I try to structure all my trades and we've seen how that worked out

:greggy:

Good to see everyone writing off the Texans. We beat the Bungals a few weeks back in Ohio, and that was without our star (only...) wide receiver.

I think it will be pretty close but think home field advantage will see us through. The city is buzzing and the atmosphere tomorrow will be incredible. I've never heard any stadium get anywhere near as loud as Reliant does for the bigger games.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Good to see everyone writing off the Texans. We beat the Bungals a few weeks back in Ohio, and that was without our star (only...) wide receiver.

I think it will be pretty close but think home field advantage will see us through. The city is buzzing and the atmosphere tomorrow will be incredible. I've never heard any stadium get anywhere near as loud as Reliant does for the bigger games.

I think that game is the closest of the lot to call with the Texans main issue being that at QB.

To be honest though, I don't want Pittsburgh arriving in Foxborough next week! :)

I think that game is the closest of the lot to call with the Texans main issue being that at QB.

To be honest though, I don't want Pittsburgh arriving in Foxborough next week! :)

Yates has done alright, but clearly a weakness. Hopefully Dalton is still suffering from man flu.

If we get through, will be hoping for the Steelers to be the Pats- only hope of actually getting to use my second play off ticket...

Sterling Archer

I'm certainly not writing off the Texans, I expect it to be the closest game of the weekend. Had to choose one way or the other though.

Sterling Archer

Curious to know what happened with the second trade there. You got back a pick you gave away only hours before?

Sterling Archer

Entered the playoff contest, here's your winning entry:

Dalton

Yates

Foster

Bradshaw

Megatron

Cruz

Graham

Suisham

Steelers

thumbsup.gif

Probably Forte for me but either is worth what you paid.

My general rule is that whoever got the best player in a trade wins and that's certainly the case here.

It's far easier to collect depth than top end players, it's how I try to structure all my trades and we've seen how that worked out

In terms of backup or potential starters, my squad is probably one of the better ones but it's possibly the worst starting lineup for lacking almost any players at the top level, mainly as I made bad choices in our original draft.

I'm hoping to maybe do the same to get someone else as well.

I think the trade was a lot like our Bowe deal that it was good for both teams. A lot of potential going one way in exchange for one player that could make a difference each week, if he can stay healthy and that's a big if.

Curious to know what happened with the second trade there. You got back a pick you gave away only hours before?

In the original trade I was going to offer 1:16 rather than 1:12 but decided against it. On second thoughts, I decided to try and get it back and offer 2:16 and 3:12 because I wanted to have my two first rounders in the top 12. Hopefully either a better chance of a top quality player, more chance of being able to move up in the draft or more appealing to be used in a trade. Thought it was worth the risk of losing a very late second and fairly late third.

Again think it's probably a good one for both teams, although got to make 1:12 count otherwise that could be a huge mistake.

Looking for a WR primarily...ALL draft picks available and also Ben Tate.

Any interest in my offer, or a variation of it?

My team for the play-off challenge -

Manning

Dalton

McGahee

Sproles

Cruz

Green

Graham

Hanson

Steelers

Sterling Archer

My team for the play-off challenge -

Manning

Dalton

McGahee

Sproles

Cruz

Green

Graham

Hanson

Steelers

Looks good, because of the scoring there's no point spending on Qbs

Looks good, because of the scoring there's no point spending on Qbs

Didn't look at the scoring, how do you mean?

My team, I really need a lot of passing TD's in the Saints-Lions game later

Brees

Stafford

Sproles

Redman

Megatron

Cruz

Graham

Steelers

Nugent