**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer

Forgot about that, I'll be hoping for a 9ers win then. :lol:

Won't be up for the game though, got to get up early tomorrow for the first time in ages. :down:

Yeah it's ******* rough getting up early after watching the game. Think I got 11 hours sleep total this weekend.

It's probably good for my health I don't have espn.

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

ESPN's coverage is shit, they don't have a studio team so they're always cutting away to adverts. I usually leave it on delay for 20-30 mins just so I can skip through the constant breaks.

49ers better win or we'll see the **insert larrys choice of name here** in the championship game.

:muggy:

I shouldn't have taken this bet. I really don't have what it takes to come up with anything remotely witty :(

But the Steelers are definitely going to win this. So free fantasy football for me next year :smuggy:

I shouldn't have taken this bet. I really don't have what it takes to come up with anything remotely witty :(

But the Steelers are definitely going to win this. So free fantasy football for me next year :smuggy:

:facepalm:

Congrats and good luck to BooBoys and Buckeyes in the final :smiliz46:

What a win for the 49ers, some turnaround from where they were last season. I know they've been great for turnovers this season, but I never thought they'd get the ball off the Steelers that easy. They're the team to avoid, wouldn't like to be going there for a play-off game.

There seems to have been a revival of this College mentality from quite a few teams, it's been good to watch.

What a win for the 49ers, some turnaround from where they were last season. I know they've been great for turnovers this season, but I never thought they'd get the ball off the Steelers that easy. They're the team to avoid, wouldn't like to be going there for a play-off game.

There seems to have been a revival of this College mentality from quite a few teams, it's been good to watch.

Aldon Smith is a beast.

I thought they where probably overrated, given the weak division they are in. I was wrong :down:

I still can't see them beating the Saints or the Packers though.

Nucky Thompson

:facepalm:

Congrats and good luck to BooBoys and Buckeyes in the final :smiliz46:

I wasn't confident I'd do enough to beat you but Davis had a decent night. I'm surprised I got to the final this year with the receivers I've got but Thomas has emerged in Denver in the last few weeks and that has definitely helped

Anyone ever taken a look at the "Steals or Busts" or "Draft Recap" on the Draft page?

Potentially a good feature, but neither making any real sense - e.g. Roy Helu at #10..."worst pick of the round", apparently. :rolleyes:

I realise at least one is a BETA...

Sterling Archer

It's because it's a dynasty league.

It assumes you took Helu as the 10th overall player, not the tenth rookie.

It's because it's a dynasty league.

It assumes you took Helu as the 10th overall player, not the tenth rookie.

Ah........which makes perfect sense....

Just checking the teams for the final, looks like a good match up. Bengals Running backs vs Buckeyes receivers. Brady vs Rodgers.

If you're a team in need of a RB, then go talk to Mr Boo.

Cedric Benson

Rashard Mendenhall

Reggie Bush

Benjarvus Green-Ellis

Deangelo Williams

Ryan Williams

Still Craigentinny Chargers :whistling:

Sterling Archer

I'm just at Heathrow headed on holiday. Not had a chance to change it yet. I'll be busy christmas night and may need someone to change my lineup if Rodgers isn't going.

Sterling Archer

I'll hopefully get the chance to post a bit. Don't know the Internet situation where I'm going so I don't know when that'll be.

Hope everyone has a good Christmas when it comes.

Sterling Archer

Conspiracy theorists may believe that with 3 divisional games at the end the teams might have been trying to keep Luck away from the Colts.

Conspiracy theorists may believe that with 3 divisional games at the end the teams might have been trying to keep Luck away from the Colts.

What a load of shite from said theorists.

Some quality match-ups today, starting with NY-NY. Will crack open the Baileys for that at noon, and that'll be me for the next 72 hours. :smiliz34:

No longer forward to work on the 27th. :smiliz57:

Yas 99td for Cruz for my ESPN final against Donnie :smiliz19:

Superb run. A couple of good games from new york on the telly at the minute over here.

:jjyay:

Where is your god now, Tebow?

Unless I'm getting my calculations wrong, beginning to look there's a decent chance of him getting pelters from me at Reliant in a couple of weeks.

Edit - Tebow that is, not god...

Edited by Peebo

Unless I'm getting my calculations wrong, beginning to look there's a decent chance of him getting pelters from me at Reliant in a couple of weeks.

Edit - Tebow that is, not god...

Yes, please do. Maybe take a sign with something like "Tebow, Kickback thinks you're a dick"

Yes, please do. Maybe take a sign with something like "Tebow, Kickback thinks you're a dick"

Unlikely he'll see it from my seat...but my missus works at Reliant Park, so might get her to leave a note to that effect in the away locker room.

Speak for yourself :whistling:

Although Tebow and the whole lot of them were terrible today, looks like for the third time in five years the Broncos are going to bottle it right at the end. If they can't beat the Chiefs next week with Orton at QB then they don't deserve it. Hopefully a fan at the game will take a "Orton, you are a dick" sign.

Looked a really bad injury for Adrian Peterson today, hope not, as knee injuries could be a killer for running backs.

Sterling Archer

No wifi where I am. Sitting in a Starbucks checking the score. Bar a couple of 18-20 point performances from my Rbs looks like its over. Congrats to Boo if I don't get a chance to post again.

Seahawks close to putting a rushing TD in against 49ers. :jjyay:

e- Or not. :down:

Edited by P-Dizzle

Do you get free/discount tickets with her job?

You'd think so, wouldn't you...??

But no, not really. She's employed by the operators of the Reliant Park, which encompasses Reliant Stadium as well as Reliant Center, Arena...and the derelict (but still mortaged) Astrodome (which is literally a stone's throw from the new Stadium).

I've got a season ticket with my mates, but sometimes she gets me into one of the suites if she is entertaining clients. But no free tickets or anything. Occasionally get them for other events. The annual Rodeo is the main thing, but there's all sort that goes on there.

Oddly enough, when the Texans play, Reliant Park actually loses money. The team getting to the play-offs is actually a bit of a nightmare for them - they have events already arranged, and moving them is going to cost a fair bit (especially at very short notice).

Anyhoo, on another note, anyone see Jerome Simpson's touchdown???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7KPZrv7JWE

That Simpson TD is incredible, although his dive at the end is not quite as good as his audition to play for the Old Firm :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEcQhrsc8JE&feature=related

Seahawks close to putting a rushing TD in against 49ers. :jjyay:

e- Or not. :down:

Would be good to see them doing it. It's some effort from the 49ers defense all season but they aren't the most exciting team when they get to the red zone on either offense or defense seeing that you know its almost always going to only be a field goal. It's ridiculous the amount of points that Akers has kicked.

Shame that the Eagles/Cowboys match didn't matter but good to see the Lions ending the Chargers season.

Hope everyone has a really good Christmas.

:yas:

LYNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great punt block to set it up as well. Need 5 more points in this game for my Overs bet too.

I look like I'm going to win my ESPN game in our league, am I even in the playoffs though? I totally lost track.

I look like I'm going to win my ESPN game in our league, am I even in the playoffs though? I totally lost track.

You are playing for 7th mate

Oh well. :lol:

I don't pay too close attention to that league, had a shocking start but then I started putting up 200+ points almost every week.