**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer

I should also add that while it's far harder to find a top qb you only start one of them. If I was you I'd be targeting m.floyd at the 1.05

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

With Fitzpatrick and Cassel, I'm not exactly strong at QB, doesn't piss me off as much as my shite recievers though. :lol:

Months until the combine, then the real draft.... I wouldn't lose too much sleep over our draft until nearer the time...

Sterling Archer

Months until the combine, then the real draft.... I wouldn't lose too much sleep over our draft until nearer the time...

It's always fun to look ahead and say something that you'll later look like an idiot for!

Sterling Archer

3rd overall pick laugh.gif

Even at 5-2, I knew my team was shite, but I didn't realise it was "lose your last six games" shite.

Has to be Justin Blackmon if Luck and Richardson are gone.

It's always fun to look ahead and say something that you'll later look like an idiot for!

I'm just jealous I don't get into the draft until Round 4...

Sterling Archer

I'm just jealous I don't get into the draft until Round 4...

I don't get in till round 2 the following year, even then that's my only pick :sob:

Sterling Archer

Anyone staying up for the game tonight? Can't see it being a classic.

Who's playing? I've not got a fantasy matchup in any league this week angry.gif

Browns @ Steelers

I've got no players in that game, will probably end up watching it as my sleeping patterns are completely screwed up.

Not got much to say, just wanted to get some NFL chat on the go. :lol:

In my other ESPN league I play in, I've lost both McFadden and Forte at RB, with a 3 RB limit I've had to bring in McCluster (because he's classed as a WR) and Spiller as my backfield in my playoff game. :vrface:

Sterling Archer

Browns @ Steelers

I've got no players in that game, will probably end up watching it as my sleeping patterns are completely screwed up.

Not got much to say, just wanted to get some NFL chat on the go. :lol:

In my other ESPN league I play in, I've lost both McFadden and Forte at RB, with a 3 RB limit I've had to bring in McCluster (because he's classed as a WR) and Spiller as my backfield in my playoff game. :vrface:

Seems like it'll be quite one sided.

Do you work? I'm always knackered going in on a monday after staying up till half 4 the night before.

Yeah this thread's got quite quiet lately. Seems strange as this is obviously the most important part of the year. ermm.gif

That's pretty bad, I had to start Vince Young in a playoff match last week down.gif

Yeah, I had Young in at QB as well. Switching back to Vick, and brought Moore in as a back-up. Will make a late call on which way to go, Miami are looking good so I'd be confident about getting some reasonable numbers from him if Vick isn't looking fully fit.

Not working right now, was supposed to be but I got let down by an employer a couple of days before I was to start. :down: It was alright at my last job though, my boss is the one that got me interested in NFL, so Monday mornings we'd come in and take it easy for the first couple of hours as we were always knackered from watching the late game. :lol:

Ah right, I thought you were pulling me up for saying tonight. :P

If nothing else, it'll be good to see how this Steelers passing game stacks up agains the Browns #1 defense.

Sterling Archer

Saw this suggested on a FBG'S thread about tanking to get a different opponent in the playoffs. I'm interested in implementing it from next year. Thoughts?

Instead of fixed seeding, allow higher seeds to pick their playoff opponents from among the lower seeds. Works great, no tanking, new level of strategy in the selection process

Geoff Kilpatrick

Saw this suggested on a FBG'S thread about tanking to get a different opponent in the playoffs. I'm interested in implementing it from next year. Thoughts?

Given our league structure, I don't think it's necessary.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Care to explain what you mean?

Four divisions, 16 teams, rosters thinner than an anorexic. Tanking is too obvious not to spot.

For example, if I had decided to sit MJD and play Ronnie Brown that would have been obvious tanking for the No1 pick. I couldn't sit MJD for another RB2 because I don't have one.

What Geoff said, it's pretty hard to tank without people noticing. Our league is very thin and there are very few tough calls we need to make, if you were trying to tank it would be pretty obvious.

Not a bad start to the play offs for me, thought Mendenhall was going to almost end my chances before Sunday with the match up. Brown definitely helped me in the ESPN one with his touchdown.

Could be as many as 5 first round QB's again this year so that shouldn't be a problem. This draft could be kind to you as the main weakness is at RB (with one notable exception).

In terms of QB's you've got Landry Jones, Matt Barkley, Griffin III, Weeden maybe even Ryan Tannehill and there's one other guy I'm forgetting.

It's going to be interesting at QB because maybe it's just me, but I think there are a lot of average starting QB's in the league just now. A lot of dodgy back ups too.

Not sure whether it's just because the likes of Rodgers, Brees and Brady are that good and it makes a lot of the others look a lot more average than they actually are.

I'd probably go with leaving the league as it is, think last week most had a good opportunity to tank to either get a better draft pick or possibly a better play off spot and everyone played by the rules.

A possible idea I was thinking about suggesting was either bringing down the amount of players in a roster or everyone releases a set amount of players before the draft. I'm just thinking that it gives a better chance for people in need of players during a season say because of injuries or gives a better chance of recovery from the original draft we did, also add a bit more to the waiver wire activity each week. Just an idea though, help mix things up a bit. I'm not saying people should have to release their best players but just more backups to give everyone more choice.

I quite like having the big squads in a big league, everyone has their core of good players, but because the quality is spread out it allows people to make speculative pick ups from the FA in the hope that they'll do something. I'd say leave things as they are, we've got quite a good league and I don't really see how we could improve it with any tweaks.

On the QB situation, I swapped strength at QB for improvements in other areas. I got the two Johnsons out of those deals so I'm happy with the trade off in my positional strength. I don't know that much about the college game though, I don't want to draft a QB because he went high in the first round, I can't really afford to end up with a Jake Locker situation. If I'm going QB in the draft, it needs to be someone that's going to do better than Fitzpatrick.

Sterling Archer

This is my favourite league for a number of reasons. Firstly I really like the set up, more than that though it's good to have the back and forth that hosting it on KB provides.

Should anyone want out I'd hope we could find a replacement on here...

There'd be no problems replacing a team I reckon, can't imagine why anyone would want out though. Agreed on the KB point as well, having it run through an active forum where we already post is great. Love the fact that it's a dynasty league as well, I remember I didn't understand it when I first started, but it's by far the most enjoyable format.

Who owned my team before I joined btw?

Sterling Archer

There'd be no problems replacing a team I reckon, can't imagine why anyone would want out though. Agreed on the KB point as well, having it run through an active forum where we already post is great. Love the fact that it's a dynasty league as well, I remember I didn't understand it when I first started, but it's by far the most enjoyable format.

Who owned my team before I joined btw?

The late Tom Heaney :(

Although I actually drafted most of the team.

Was Tom not playing at the start of last season? I remember he used to post in this thread.

Edited by P-Dizzle

Sterling Archer

Was Tom not playing at the start of last season? I remember he used to post in this thread.

Yeah he was busy moving house during the draft though...

Nucky Thompson

The late Tom Heaney :(

Although I actually drafted most of the team.

Yip it was Tom, great Patriot fan who had lived and worked in the USA for a number of years. God rest his soul

I might have mentioned this last season, but any chance we could get rid of the consolation bowl?

It doesn't affect draft places, there's little pride in winning it, it just extends the season for the sake of it.

Once I've failed to make the playoffs (which I'm getting pretty good at unsure.gif) I'm happy for my season to end.

Anyone else feel the same?

I might have mentioned this last season, but any chance we could get rid of the consolation bowl?

It doesn't affect draft places, there's little pride in winning it, it just extends the season for the sake of it.

Once I've failed to make the playoffs (which I'm getting pretty good at unsure.gif) I'm happy for my season to end.

Anyone else feel the same?

I'd rather keep it.

Sterling Archer

Craig, if you don't want to play in it that's fine. Let me know and I'll do your lineups for you.

I'd like to keep it, alternatively we could turn it in to a total points challenge over 4 weeks or just use your best available lineups.

I think it's good to have something though if anyone can't be bothered let me know.

Craig, if you don't want to play in it that's fine. Let me know and I'll do your lineups for you.

I'd like to keep it, alternatively we could turn it in to a total points challenge over 4 weeks or just use your best available lineups.

I think it's good to have something though if anyone can't be bothered let me know.

Yeh I would still like to keep the bowl.

I quite like having the big squads in a big league, everyone has their core of good players, but because the quality is spread out it allows people to make speculative pick ups from the FA in the hope that they'll do something. I'd say leave things as they are, we've got quite a good league and I don't really see how we could improve it with any tweaks.

On the QB situation, I swapped strength at QB for improvements in other areas. I got the two Johnsons out of those deals so I'm happy with the trade off in my positional strength. I don't know that much about the college game though, I don't want to draft a QB because he went high in the first round, I can't really afford to end up with a Jake Locker situation. If I'm going QB in the draft, it needs to be someone that's going to do better than Fitzpatrick.

Was quite interesting to see how everyone thought about having the smaller squads, from a personal point of view, the bigger squads have definitely helped me as its the depth that is probably the best thing about my team. Just something I would throw out there.

The QB's for the draft could be really interesting as I could see a lot of the lower teams picking a QB early and because of the players that are there already, could see them starting right away. It wouldn't surprise me to see Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Cleveland and Washington all going for one early. Would be funny to see Jacksonville picking an early QB again but Gabbert seems terrible.

This is my favourite league for a number of reasons. Firstly I really like the set up, more than that though it's good to have the back and forth that hosting it on KB provides.

I definitely agree with that. Think its almost the perfect setup we've got in terms of having the dynasty league and it adds so much more with things like forward planning and this is the first year I've really paid attention to the college game because of the picks I've got. Plus having another league each year like the ESPN one, as its interesting drafting each year and if one league isn't going well, there is the other one.

I'm in a few leagues this season but it's just not the same when it's random folk and there's no interaction.

I'd also keep the consolation bowl.

Nucky Thompson

Not got ESPN on my Sky package this year so not really keeping up with the Collage game as much as before. Still reading plenty on different websites

Anyone know much about Robert Griffin? Just won the Heisman trophy ahead of Luck and Richardson.

QB...plays for the Baylor bears...

Geoff Kilpatrick

Was quite interesting to see how everyone thought about having the smaller squads, from a personal point of view, the bigger squads have definitely helped me as its the depth that is probably the best thing about my team. Just something I would throw out there.

The QB's for the draft could be really interesting as I could see a lot of the lower teams picking a QB early and because of the players that are there already, could see them starting right away. It wouldn't surprise me to see Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Cleveland and Washington all going for one early. Would be funny to see Jacksonville picking an early QB again but Gabbert seems terrible.

I definitely agree with that. Think its almost the perfect setup we've got in terms of having the dynasty league and it adds so much more with things like forward planning and this is the first year I've really paid attention to the college game because of the picks I've got. Plus having another league each year like the ESPN one, as its interesting drafting each year and if one league isn't going well, there is the other one.

I'm in a few leagues this season but it's just not the same when it's random folk and there's no interaction.

I'd also keep the consolation bowl.

Would not be happy about this scenario at all. Still, it would mean some twists and turns on Draft Day. I'd still like to trade down from the No2 spot but if Gabbert was in a QB battle, I'd be forced to take another QB, probably.

Not got ESPN on my Sky package this year so not really keeping up with the Collage game as much as before. Still reading plenty on different websites

Personally I can't wait for the college season to end. Totally clogs up the saturday TV schedules in the US. The whole system is a farce.

Nucky Thompson

Tonights bet for the televised games.

Saints -3.5

Packers -11.5

Giants +4.5

Pays odds of about 11/2 for the treble

Really struggling to get excited about this week. Good luck to all involved though thumbsup.gif

Well done Donnie on getting a bye in both leagues. Hoping I can win the ESPN league again. I might make that into a money league next year to keep all teams interested in it.