Its Proper Snow!

Doctor FinnBarr

scottish_chicP

There was a wee tiny bit in Broxburn this morning which of course led to the useless first buses being late! Clouds coming over look like it will snow again today.

I got snow boots with good grips this year as I have fallen the last two years on the ice! No cracked rib for me this year :)

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Old Tolbooth

• blondejamtart

• Beats

• davemclaren

must have 2 to 3 inches lying here near inverness. Still falling. Must say I am slightly surprised as forecasts did not reflect that.

Was in Loaned at 5am. A light scattering.

Same in town.

It's not really snow, is it?

Buying in industrial snow shovels?

:keys:

Woke up to about 3" of snow this morning :-(

:oohmatron:

Woke up to a pic message from the bursd showing a couple of inches in Livingston. Looked out the window in and there's bugger all other than a light dusting here and there on the grass. Thank ****, moving house this week, would be typical to have a blizzard as soon as I start :vrface:

:oohmatron:

Woke up to a pic message from the bursd showing a couple of inches in Livingston. Looked out the window in and there's bugger all other than a light dusting here and there on the grass. Thank ****, moving house this week, would be typical to have a blizzard as soon as I start :vrface:

I got keys for a new flat last year on the 27th november, went back to my parents that night for a night out with the lads and got stuck in the village for a week. Moving when its snowing is a nightmare.

kingantti1874

It's. It going to be anything like last year, This weather is coming from the west which means it be be followed up by damp air from Atlantic ... When it comes from the east that's when there is a problem

scottish_chicP

The forecast certainly suggest it's to be minimal followed by rain so it should be ok...if you trust the weather men!

Nucky Thompson

Don't worry it's not proper snow :thumbsup: The weather is to become milder by the end of the week then for the next month it will be coming in from the Atlantic which will mean more wind and rain rather than snow

It's. It going to be anything like last year, This weather is coming from the west which means it be be followed up by damp air from Atlantic ... When it comes from the east that's when there is a problem

Cheers for that, Mike.

Everybody loves Baz

Zero snow in Mayfield.

sob.png

But went up to the top of Arthur's Seat yesterday. Decent amount there.

:jjyay:

If it's snowing in Gorebridge it must be snowing in Mayfield

Captain America

Every time I look out the window the snow is falling heavier than the last time I looked.

We usually get it worse here in Forth and our roads are always last to be gritted and cleared so looks my annual leave is going to be taking a battering over next few days.

:down:

The Old Tolbooth

Ach it's all scaremongering because everyone is shitting themselves after getting it so wrong last year, it won't come to much, trust me. :ninja:

Ach it's all scaremongering because everyone is shitting themselves after getting it so wrong last year, it won't come to much, trust me. :ninja:

I agree John. I've been saying for the past couple of weeks that I don't think we'll get much snow this year. It seems to be behaving itself in Kirkliston so far!

Captain America

Although you seem trustworthy JM. :thumbsup:

I trust my eyes more in this situation. My street completely covered at the moment and a car just got stuck trying to get up road and snow just seems to be getting heavier.

:unsure:

The Old Tolbooth

Although you seem trustworthy JM. :thumbsup:

I trust my eyes more in this situation. My street completely covered at the moment and a car just got stuck trying to get up road and snow just seems to be getting heavier.

:unsure:

Where's Forth about mate? I'm guessing it's quite far from me :blink:

Edited by johnmitchell

scottish_chicP

Think it's Lanark John.

I believe you, clear sky here now which means an ice rink in the morning :( I fall without the aid of ice dry.gif (or alcohol before anyone says it!)

Edited by scottish_chicP

Come oooooooon snow days. :jjyay:

The glory days of this time last year when I got nearly 2 weeks off my work. Can't ask for the same this year but a few days here and there would be glorious. :snowday:

West Lothian turns into the Misty Mountains overnight plz. :thumbsup:

Better call Saul

fifteen minutes from west calder heading west towards Lanark ( not really that near to Lanark ) :thumbsup:

The Old Tolbooth

Think it's Lanark John.

I believe you, clear sky here now which means an ice rink in the morning :( I fall without the aid of ice dry.gif(or alcohol before anyone says it!)

:whistling:

:D

fifteen minutes from west calder heading west towards Lanark ( not really that near to Lanark ) :thumbsup:

Cheers mate (and also to Chic P too) :thumbsup:

Not too far away really but we don't get a lot of snow here in sunny Rosyth, apart from last year obviously. :wacko:

Captain America

Yeah. It's right in the middle between West Calder & Lanark. We higher up that Lanark and West Calder so always seem to get it worse.

Doctor FinnBarr

Ooooh, hark at Sean Batty here!

:P

Nucky Thompson

The temperatures are back up to double figures by Thursday so it looks like the lazy buggers won't be getting snowed off anytime soon :smuggy:

The Old Tolbooth

Ooooh, hark at Sean Batty here!

:P

I won't lie, I had to Google Sean Batty :lol:

(Why couldn't you use Michael Fish or Wincey Willis, someone more of your age group) :whistling:

Nucky Thompson

I won't lie, I had to Google Sean Batty :lol:

(Why couldn't you use Michael Fish or Wincey Willis, someone more of your age group) :whistling:

Googling him won't give you the true image mate, he's so camp it's like a Scottish Julian Clary reading the weather

Hannibal Lecter

Every time I look out the window the snow is falling heavier than the last time I looked.

We usually get it worse here in Forth and our roads are always last to be gritted and cleared so looks my annual leave is going to be taking a battering over next few days.

:down:

Does it not usually start snowing there in about July :P