Twin Peaks mafia - who killed Laura Palmer

Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff Kilpatrick

Bobby Briggs sneaked over to his lover Shelly Johnson's house, safe in the knowledge that Leo had gone hunting through the woods. As Bobby and Shelly got down to brass tacks, there was a commotion outside. Agent Cooper stormed in in full FBI regalia, demanding to know why Bobby had killed Windom Earle, a former FBI agent. Bobby looked stunned and knew this was no ordinary arrest. He motioned to try and throw the oil lamp but Cooper's years of training saw to it that a single slug through the chest was enough to end the drug-dealing stud muffin's life.

Malky McFrench - Bobby Briggs - townie killed

As Cooper made to leave, however, Leo Johnson heard Shelly screaming as Cooper exited the cabin. Only he had the right to make Shelly scream like that. He took aim with his double-barrelled shotgun and drilled the shot through Cooper's head. Knowing that shooting a cop was a major misdemeanour, Leo ran deep into the woods where an angry owl almost swooped down on him. Leo's killing, for now, would cease.

Lasith - Special Agent Dale Cooper - cop turned goon killed by the assassin

It is now Day 4. 8 players remain, 5 for a David Lynch

Martin

JamboPompey

Arnold

Bev

Boof

jambosean75

Bigsmak

milky_26

Next deadline is Friday 2100 GMT

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go on the assassin!!!

Shame we lost Malky but a superb night otherwise.

Don't want to tempt fate but surely we can't lose this now. There's only two players left that I feel could be the goon and I think the other is a mason.

Wowser yowser!!!

Sorry to say, Malky, but that was a frickin' belter of a night.

Assassin goes from goat to hero in one fell swoop - well done.

Let's not get too cocky though...

Vote lists and goon lists could be verrrrrry handy.

From the clues we had earlier, I think I'm right in saying that Milky is the assassin. The rest of the townies appear obvious.

That leaves Jambosean and Bigsmak and considering Arnold seems to be a mason, it's important to look at his earlier goon list. He named Bigsmak and not Sean which suggests to me that Bigsmak is the last goon remaining.

martin, assuming that it is either sean or bigsmak we will win either way then. as if we hit the wrong one today we will get the other tomorrow.

Definitely, although hopefully we can get the job done before they've got a chance to have one last kill.

If it is a choice between the two, Arnold's vote is obviously the most important.

i'm revising my goon list

pompey

frenchie

lasith

For me, that points to Sean being towards the gooder end of the naughtiness spectrum. Or one hell of a bluff.

we need to be careful.

if we were to lynch a mason tomorrow and the goon took out the other, taking the goon out the following night would let the assassin win if i'm understanding the rules correctly.

not the end we want.

milky_26

martin, assuming that it is either sean or bigsmak we will win either way then. as if we hit the wrong one today we will get the other tomorrow.

hmmm.

We've still got two masons...haven't we?

If so all we need to do is for everyone to post one absolute, cast-iron guaranteed player that they would not, under any circumstances, vote for.

I'm afraid I can't post such a player.

we need to be careful.

if we were to lynch a mason tomorrow and the goon took out the other, taking the goon out the following night would let the assassin win if i'm understanding the rules correctly.

not the end we want.

milky_26

hmmm.

Obviously it's worth a Geoff-check, but I don't recall anything about the assassin being able to win it for himself.

Obviously it's worth a Geoff-check, but I don't recall anything about the assassin being able to win it for himself.

sorry my mistake.

i thought i had read that the asassin won if he was the last roled player.

Assuming no-one was lying this afternoon about who they were, I think I know where to put my vote.

vote Bigsmak

Mafia: The Ba's Burst

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very Quick game with simple roles.

3 Goons

Cop

Doc

2 Masons

Assassin

7 Vanilla Townies

The cop investigates one player every night. I will pass the result and name to the Masons. I will only post a positive or negative hot on the thread with no name.

The doc can nominate one player a night to save. He can not nominate the same person 2 nights running.

The goons nominate a kill every night, they can communicate off thread

Assassin With no affiliation, just likes to kill people 2 kills throughout the game, wins the game if he is the last remaining roled player

i knew i had read it somewhere. that was my first game so i read the rules quite closely.

just wasn't this game.:10900:

can we have clarification on this though geoff

cheers

Geoff Kilpatrick
sorry my mistake.

i thought i had read that the asassin won if he was the last roled player.

Sean is correct.

Geoff Kilpatrick
unvote Bigsmak then. Good spot sean but there was nothing on the front page.

Sorry, that was my fault in copying Yvonne's game. Forgot she had a zombie in that one! :stuart:

It makes sense for Milky (who seems to be the assassin) to start the votes on Bigsmak because if he proves to be a goon then the town wins and he's part of that. If Bigsmak isn't a goon then Milky will probably end up as the last roled player left. So either way it's a win/win situation for him.

Is there any debate from anyone about who the townies are? It doesn't seem like it to me, particularly as no one else has tried to claim these roles.

That leaves us with two masons, a goon and the assassin. It seems fairly obvious to me based on what Arnold has said but if people really aren't sure, maybe we should just boot Milky off as the assassin!

unvote bigsmak

someone choose which one we lynch and i'll go along with that, and anyway if we dont hit the goon i'll probably be bumped off in the middle of the night

wooooo

could i just say that in future games could any hinting at character names result in a mod kill it's ruining the game to be honest

oh yeah and GIRFUY Malky :2thumbsup:

woooooo

Geoff Kilpatrick
wooooo

could i just say that in future games could any hinting at character names result in a mod kill it's ruining the game to be honest

oh yeah and GIRFUY Malky :2thumbsup:

woooooo

Can I point out my previous statement on this?

If Bigsmak isn't a goon then Milky will probably end up as the last roled player left.

Let's investigate this scenario.

Assassin has no kills left, so if we lynch a mason all that can happen at night (worst case) is that the goon takes out the remaining mason.

That still leaves a goon and the assassin.

We'd then have to lynch the assassin (milky seems to be the preferred choice), take a townie goon-whack then finish off the goon the following day.

Have we got enough townies left to do that? And do folk believe the claims that have been made?

I still think that the option of declaring one player you'd definitely not vote for would give us the masons and thus ensure we don't accidentally lynch one today.

I repeat...I can't definitively state anyone I would not vote for.

Boof, I don't think there is much chance of a mason being lynched unless we're really stupid; the only thing we have to decide is: was everyone being truthful?

If they were, then it would be: Assassin first, followed by goon= town win.

I wouldn't put it past us to bump off a mason...

Let's see...

Martin - Jacques Renault (townie)

JamboPompey - Ed Hurley (townie)

Arnold -

Bev - Audrey Horney (townie)

Boof - not allowed to say (townie)

jambosean75 -

Bigsmak -

milky_26 - Leo Johnson (assassin)

How agreeable do folk find that? Mind and don't say anything that'll get you modkilled.

woooooooo

I think voting patterns need to be re-investigated, especially THAITB's lynch

that should clear things up imo

wooooooooo

Boof, I'd agree.

In response to Malky's post, this is a bump of the post I made yesterday about the order of votes for THAITB.

Arnold

Sean

Malky (to draw things level at 3-3 before Frenchie made it 4-3 in favour of Csaba)

Bigsmak (to draw things level at 4-4) Lasith, Csaba and Bev all voted for Sean to make it a three way tie

Csaba (unvoted for Sean, voted for THAITB to make it 5-4. Bev unvoted Sean to vote for Csaba to make it 5-5 and was insistent on a tie)

Milky (unvoted Csaba and switched his vote for THAITB to put him 6-4)

Boof (voted with one minute to go, switching his vote from Sean to THAITB)

Martin - Jacques Renault (townie)

JamboPompey - Ed Hurley (townie)

Arnold -

Bev - Audrey Horney (townie)

Boof - not allowed to say (townie)

jambosean75 -

Bigsmak -

milky_26 - Leo Johnson (assassin)

Martin - agree

JamboPompey -

Arnold -

Beverley -

Boof - agree

jambosean75 -

Bigsmak -

milky_26 -

Given the THAITB votes, that looks like Arnold and jambosean75 being the masons...and therefore Bigsmak the final goon.

I'd still be happier if folk would post their unvotable lists. Which I can't do.

those that i fully trust are

boof

martin

bev

and prob milky

so i feel the goons are from the following

arnold

sean

bigmak

a message to you rude boy

why not?

are you in a coma?

some kind of vegatative state??

Don't think I am - it's just that, since I'm on my ownsome lonesome, I've not got anybody I can trust 100%.

There's two people who each have one person they can trust 100%.

So X could say 'I'd never vote Y'

And Y could say 'I'd never vote X'

Geddit?

Wanna coffee? Cherry pie?

I'm trying to move away from alcoholic beverages.

Right-o, I'm over and out for tonight.

No vote yet...save it for tomorrow.

Night all...though it seems everybody's buggered orf already.

Wanna coffee? Cherry pie?

I'm trying to move away from alcoholic beverages.

i'll try a coffee please, make it the same as agent coopers please. black and strong

Woooooooo

FFS grow a pair people the games there to be won

Woooooooo

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Some of us only got 3 hours sleep, might have to catch up at work

Morning.

No idea what Boof was havering about last night, it should be fairly obvious who everyone is from the postings yesterday which is assuming everyone is telling the truth.

Anyway; vote Bigsmak and if I'm wrong you'll know where not to go.

No idea what Boof was havering about last night, it should be fairly obvious who everyone is from the postings yesterday which is assuming everyone is telling the truth.

Only the two masons have one other player they would NOT vote for - or should I say 100% guarantee not vote for...that's because they know for sure that the other player's a good 'un.

I'm not able to make that sort of claim. i.e. I'm not a mason...I just have to hope you all believe my townie claims.

If, let's just take a hypothetical example, Arnold and jambosean happened to be the masons, all they'd need to do would be to post

Arnold - 'I would not vote jambosean'

jambosean - 'I would not vote Arnold'

Anybody else, other than the goon who could quite happily state he wouldn't vote anyone and be accurate, can't make such a claim with absolute certainty.

Only the two masons have one other player they would NOT vote for - or should I say 100% guarantee not vote for...that's because they know for sure that the other player's a good 'un.

I'm not able to make that sort of claim. i.e. I'm not a mason...I just have to hope you all believe my townie claims.

If, let's just take a hypothetical example, Arnold and jambosean happened to be the masons, all they'd need to do would be to post

Arnold - 'I would not vote jambosean'

jambosean - 'I would not vote Arnold'

Anybody else, other than the goon who could quite happily state he wouldn't vote anyone and be accurate, can't make such a claim with absolute certainty.

Boof, are you being deliberately difficult? OK my goon list:

Bigsmak

milky

Boof

Bev

pompey

Martin

Sean75

Archived