Twin Peaks mafia - who killed Laura Palmer

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'm actually quite disappointed that several players haven't visited to discuss the game as it allows people to know where they went wrong/right... For instance, I'm guessing Kitster made the decision to go for THAITB. No idea what Milky was doing going for Csaba....''wand,'' I'm also guessing Boof was being a.........

We discussed it and decided to go for him because he's very good player.

Struck lucky more than anything else.

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Geoff Kilpatrick

I've been out all day so had no time to discuss things.

I was actually surprised things went so fast!

The theme behind Twin Peaks was duality, good and evil in one form etc. That was why I thought up the idea of having the goons and the masons really trying to outbluff each other.

Except it didn't go according to plan! :laugh:

I'm actually quite disappointed that several players haven't visited to discuss the game as it allows people to know where they went wrong/right... For instance, I'm guessing Kitster made the decision to go for THAITB. No idea what Milky was doing going for Csaba....''wand,'' I'm also guessing Boof was being a.........

his posts reminded me of peanuts when he was a goon in the futurama game, so i thought i'm taking a shot, but at least i redeemed myself with my other kill

i am amazed that geoff allowed so many of us to claim our roles, but even more that the goons never tried to counter the claims, something boof done a few games ago when we where in the same goon team, think in that game boof tried to say he was the doctor to try and oust the real doctor.

i outed myself early as i felt there was too much pompey is a goon so i had to do something to get the votes away from myself.

think we may need to agree a set of rules for future games about how far you can hint at a role/name, as i felt that this game we took it too far.

Geoff Kilpatrick
i am amazed that geoff allowed so many of us to claim our roles, but even more that the goons never tried to counter the claims, something boof done a few games ago when we where in the same goon team, think in that game boof tried to say he was the doctor to try and oust the real doctor.

i outed myself early as i felt there was too much pompey is a goon so i had to do something to get the votes away from myself.

think we may need to agree a set of rules for future games about how far you can hint at a role/name, as i felt that this game we took it too far.

The problem was that in theory I could have modkilled every one of you!!

The problem was that in theory I could have modkilled every one of you!!

bet you where wishing the goons took out boof.

his posts reminded me of peanuts when he was a goon in the futurama game, so i thought i'm taking a shot, but at least i redeemed myself with my other kill

I thought you were just trying to win it for yourself...

I thought you were just trying to win it for yourself...

i didn't realise i could until it was pointed out after i had made both my kills

think the best way to give everybody a role is like what Yvonne did on the Scooby Doo game where everybody chose it on the game thread, that way there is nothing to divulge

i think you shouldn't even be able to hint at a character and to be honest the past 2 games have been ruined because of it

i think you shouldn't even be able to hint at a character

Agree - still think it's okay to claim a role (through hints - that's part of the fun), though.

and to be honest the past 2 games have been ruined because of it

2 games?

Also wouldn't have said this one was ruined - the goons could've tried to do more than they did.

I also would say that I didn't do anything that was against the rules - anything I did was to help secure a townie victory. It worked.

Agree - still think it's okay to claim a role (through hints - that's part of the fun), though.

2 games?

Also wouldn't have said this one was ruined - the goons could've tried to do more than they did.

I also would say that I didn't do anything that was against the rules - anything I did was to help secure a townie victory. It worked.

i know that if you where a goon in this game you would have the other goons claiming roles albeit sneekily, but i did think that the amounf of us that claimed or easy to see claims made this game not as good in that way, i do feel we should all get the line drawn on what is a blatant hint and a hidden hint down to ensure future games are more enjoyable from all sides

• 2 years later...

If anyone ever doubts that I can be a monumental pain in the erse...

Geoff - have you ever moderated another game after this one? :lol:

Geoff Kilpatrick

If anyone ever doubts that I can be a monumental pain in the erse...

Geoff - have you ever moderated another game after this one? :lol:

Kitster and I did a joint one for the Euros in 2010.

yvonnejambo

Wonder how many mafia games have been done now? We need a whole sub forum to look over all past games :)

jambosean75

i'm trying to read this thread but keep getting a malware warning every time i try and load page 3. :ninja:

Chris Benoit

I'm like that with every game I read, was reading it and thought why they lynching me then found out I was a goon :lol:

Same with the Romeo and Juliet game was looking forward to seeing what I was and I got bloody lynched on the first night :angry:

BoJack Horseman

I'm like that with every game I read, was reading it and thought why they lynching me then found out I was a goon :lol:

Same with the Romeo and Juliet game was looking forward to seeing what I was and I got bloody lynched on the first night :angry:

Likewise. I enjoyed reading it not knowing what character I was.

Poor show in the one Boof. That tactic is definitely not in the spirit of the game.

Likewise. I enjoyed reading it not knowing what character I was.

Poor show in the one Boof. That tactic is definitely not in the spirit of the game.

What? The character-claiming?

I merely continued what others had started. And Geoff stated he'd seen nothing (at that point - as I alluded to) to warrant a modkill.

Uh-uh - I ain't takin' no rap for this one - not even 3 years after the event :lol:

And I totally agree - it isn't in the spirit of the game.

The one pompey alluded to where I'd claimed to be the Doc...well, I didn't outrightly claim...I just dropped heavy hints, someone believed it, put in a vote and we goons cleaned up.

BoJack Horseman

What? The character-claiming?

I merely continued what others had started. And Geoff stated he'd seen nothing (at that point - as I alluded to) to warrant a modkill.

Uh-uh - I ain't takin' no rap for this one - not even 3 years after the event :lol:

And I totally agree - it isn't in the spirit of the game.

The one pompey alluded to where I'd claimed to be the Doc...well, I didn't outrightly claim...I just dropped heavy hints, someone believed it, put in a vote and we goons cleaned up.

I was referring specifically to this post.

That's the one that convinced me (as far as anyone can be convinced) that you're one of the masons. i.e. Malky.

Brainwave time again folks :D

How's about we all drop heavy hints as to our characters...then, when the goons try to claim to be a particular townie...the real one can pop up and say 'Uh uh...that's me, that is'.

For me, I'd be delighted to take one for the town if it meant we won.

And since there's no actively good roles left (assassin certainly doesn't count as a good one!!) those of us on the good side have nothing to lose.

You'd have to make sure any hints fall within the rules, of course.

The concluding sentence being the clincher. If the goons had've been a bit more 'with it' they could've put plenty of cats amongst the town's pigeons.

BoJack Horseman

The concluding sentence being the clincher. If the goons had've been a bit more 'with it' they could've put plenty of cats amongst the town's pigeons.

Kind of cheating though isn't it? Tip toeing around the rules ain't cool Boof. Man up and apologise to poor Geoff.

Archived