WATERSHED DOWN - HORROR IN THE MEADOW

Deek

Vote Toggie.

I know he was a goon last time round, so may be not this time, but has been on and has been completely anonymous on this thread. Was far more vocal last time IIRC.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just a quick look before back to work :sad:. The only people I feel are a bit dodgy are those who are protesting against OEW plan. I really see nothing to lose, we are crap at the begining of every game. Thought it would be great idea for first few days and also let the plain townies feel bit involved for a change. If the idea aint going to happen my vote will go to 1 of the protesters.

just a quick look before back to work :sad:. The only people I feel are a bit dodgy are those who are protesting against OEW plan. I really see nothing to lose, we are crap at the begining of every game. Thought it would be great idea for first few days and also let the plain townies feel bit involved for a change. If the idea aint going to happen my vote will go to 1 of the protesters.

Interesting comment. The only way you'd know they were plain townies would be...

I am slightly suspicious of this post

It seems almost like you are trying to push the system too hard, to try to blend in with the townies

I used that tactic in the game where AR suggested a system, as it is obvious that townies will feel apprehensive about such a system, as they have no idea who is good or bad

Interesting comment. The only way you'd know they were plain townies would be...

Does come across as a them and us post...

These were posted while I was typing. It appears it ain't just me with those suspicions so

VOTE YVONNE

One of the only people to strongly back the council idea was AR, who was more than just an average good guy, coincidence?

I realise the plan was very flawed but the 3 votes for me straight off the back of the suggestion without even a hint of an in depth explanation or debate were a bit odd, especially H27 (for short) who usually likes a good old ramble when he votes. No, it was just OEW is bad because he wants to use a system, vote, bye. Not like the innocent townie Hughesie of old if you ask me, Sweeny and Tobias done virtually the same thing around the same time (pack bahaviour?) though the former has since explained why.

Anyway I think something positive happened during the night that could go in the favour of us good guys, I'm not going to say why I think so or what it is just now as it'll put folk in danger but if what I suspect has occured did indeed happen then it would explain some of the posts that caught my attention since the start of day 2.

There are 2 people who I feel I can trust on the back of what they have posted, they could of course just turn out to be good fibbers, as for the rest, well I've just had to leave blanks next to their name apart from JTnut who I assume is not one of AR's former buddies (90% sure). So once again there is nothing to go on nobody to follow, what's new?

I think Sweeny is probably working on his own, that does not mean he is good (he could be the rampant rogerer), just now I don't really know where else to put my vote at least until Hughesie has had another chance to post so I'll be sticking to my current vote until closer to deadline.

Deek, have you sent polite 'prompts' to the non posters?

I think Sweeny is probably working on his own, that does not mean he is good (he could be the rampant rogerer),

In my youth OEW, in my youth!

Jump on board and vote for me, not to fussed. I just thought would be good to try something different. I am yet again a plain townie and that is probably the reason I like the idea of the council means more of US can become involved a bit instead of the usual feeling of being isolated. looks llike the norm is happening me having to repeatedly defend myself for people trying to read my post differently.

Please credit it me with a smidgen of intelligence. If I was bad I would not be posting all this and encouraging the council idea. In fact if I was bad I would be sitting back and watching and not putting myself yet again in the spotlight.

Going back to work now and if misinterpretating my posts means you all pile on me so be it. Least Im not roled this time.

I'm not sure who it was but someone mentioned that they thought the 'protestors' against the council were now main suspects. Although I wouldn't say I was 'protesting' against it I did say that I didn't rate it as an idea. I was supposed to be on the council, surely if I was a bad guy I'd have taken the chance to influence folk into killing another townie?

Yvonne, you say the council gives normal townies a better chance to be involved. I disagree. It means that instead of everyone having the same power, 4 folk have it all between them, these could be baddies or special townies so Iactually feel that it does the converse of what you suggest. I'm not changing my vote at the moment, I'm happy with it, and I don't think I would change it to you just now. But you're definitely on the watch list.

HMFCjamieHMFC
Does come across as a them and us post...

yeah it does come across really dodgy but would Yvonne be stupid enough to do something like that

Deek, have you sent polite 'prompts' to the non posters?

Not yet. Just in from work. But I have already said what will happen to them. If they are not posting they will be punted. It will make it a much fairer game. More importantly is voting. Without reasonable excuse, to the abyss you go.

But everybody's free to disregard the opinion of the town council - it was simply a way of getting more folk involved who might otherwise be quiet and just throw in random votes without rhyme or reason.

i don't think OEW ever made it a stipulation that the decision of the council had to be followed by everybody - it just got a few folk together (on-thread) who would discuss who they thought guilty then let the people (or animals) decide.

Fair enough it might've made it slightly easier for carnies to hide for later on, or possibly influence things at the time but as townies/villagers/rabbits we've usually had a pretty awful track record at hunting baddies - especially in the first few days.

So, if it's the will of the village/town/down that the idea's dead in the water...so be it.

i'll discuss with myself who i think is dodgy and if anybody agrees with me then go ahead.

hughesie27 - too eager to dismiss the council idea straight away

rossi_1983 - too eager to jump on the back of others' anti-yvonne posts (i've no idea if Yvonne is good or bad, but i'm prepared to give the benefit of any doubt until surer)

somebody else struck me as being dodgy but i can't go back to look just yet or i'll have to type all this again.

Aha - Flux capacitor appeared dodgy to me as he posted vote count then voted for me. No apparent reason, no explanation that he might miss the deadline....just ...vote.

But everybody's free to disregard the opinion of the town council - it was simply a way of getting more folk involved who might otherwise be quiet and just throw in random votes without rhyme or reason.

i don't think OEW ever made it a stipulation that the decision of the council had to be followed by everybody - it just got a few folk together (on-thread) who would discuss who they thought guilty then let the people (or animals) decide.

Fair enough it might've made it slightly easier for carnies to hide for later on, or possibly influence things at the time but as townies/villagers/rabbits we've usually had a pretty awful track record at hunting baddies - especially in the first few days.

So, if it's the will of the village/town/down that the idea's dead in the water...so be it.

i'll discuss with myself who i think is dodgy and if anybody agrees with me then go ahead.

rossi_1983 - too eager to jump on the back of others' anti-yvonne posts (i've no idea if Yvonne is good or bad, but i'm prepared to give the benefit of any doubt until surer)

somebody else struck me as being dodgy but i can't go back to look just yet or i'll have to type all this again.

Knowing my staus I'm happy to keep my vote with you.

Also dodgy....

JTnut - not in ArmiyaRomanova's posse

Cigaro - another totally random vote for me

My vote was purely because I wouldnt get back on before the deadline.

A simple "first name I came to" vote.

Also dodgy....

JTnut - not in ArmiyaRomanova's posse

Cigaro - another totally random vote for me

Quite the list you are building up now eh.

Are you the only townie left or something?

I had typed up my post about it appearing suspicious, and at the same time others had a similar opinion so it wasn't that it was just me spotting something that didn't exist

This is the only slightly dodgy thing I have noticed so far. Too many people are doing votes without a reason, so I am not reading too much into that just now

Ok well looks like we are just doing the normal stuff then. Sorry OEW I did like the idea but as it looks like its just you, Boof and I who think it could work and we are outnumbered. So my vote as said earlier will be with someone very willing to dismiss the idea quickly.

The idea may or not have worked for couple of days but looks like its rattled some folks.

Vote ColinCameronsPenalty

At post 221 the votes are

Toggie 3

OEW 2

Yvonne 2

Sweeney 2

Boof 1

Cesnauskas 1

Hughesie 1

Non voters are

Yvonne

JTnut

Boof

Marshalls Chunky Chicken

Toggie

Jamie

Stella

Odysseus

Commander Harris.

Commander Harris

vote Cesnauskis+10 - I agree with Sweeney that his comment after bev's death didn't ring true - also his vote for toggie has little explaination/a strange reasoning. fair enough voting for a lurker(even though penalties may take care of that) but that wasn't the reason stated.

Hughesie's been mentioned as a suspect because he's not posting as much/making smaller posts. I'm more of the opinion that he's probably just decided that he's always getting bumped off early on and he's decided on a change of tactic this time.

Rossi has defended himself already and I didn't really see anything suspicious with his voting.

Quite the list you are building up now eh.

Are you the only townie left or something?

Well...I'm the only one i know for certain to be a plain ol' rabbit (no townies in this game).

Others have me swithering - you for instance, by your dismissal of the town council idea, given that you'd have been on it and thus in the perfect position to be really bad if you were a carnie, have had your dodginess factor reduced accordingly.

i've already said that I'll give folk the benefit of the doubt until i spot something i can consider dodgy.

Those i've named have, to me, displayed an element of dodginess for the reasons i've stated.

What really gets my goat is people not putting the same effort but still having a vote of equal value...but Watershed Down is a democratic society so i've jut gotta grin and bear it (or more like girn and bear it).

Anyhoo, i'll hold off voting for noo - see if any more dodginess appears over the next few hours.

TBH, and i know folk get scunnered when folk don't even post, let alone vote, but these deadlines just play into the hands of the carnies as they don't even all need to vote - however Deek seems to be willing to be a bit more demanding of them...so if there's still non-posters by 10pm, they'll be likely to be rabbits so folk may wish to re-vote accordingly.

i'd suggest someone do a post-count around 9:30 and we'll take it from there - if folk think that's a decent enough suggestion go for it. If not...well, you can't blame me for not trying if the town falls into carnivorous hands.

Well...I'm the only one i know for certain to be a plain ol' rabbit (no townies in this game).

Others have me swithering - you for instance, by your dismissal of the town council idea, given that you'd have been on it and thus in the perfect position to be really bad if you were a carnie, have had your dodginess factor reduced accordingly.

i've already said that I'll give folk the benefit of the doubt until i spot something i can consider dodgy.

Those i've named have, to me, displayed an element of dodginess for the reasons i've stated.

What really gets my goat is people not putting the same effort but still having a vote of equal value...but Watershed Down is a democratic society so i've jut gotta grin and bear it (or more like girn and bear it).

Anyhoo, i'll hold off voting for noo - see if any more dodginess appears over the next few hours.

TBH, and i know folk get scunnered when folk don't even post, let alone vote, but these deadlines just play into the hands of the carnies as they don't even all need to vote - however Deek seems to be willing to be a bit more demanding of them...so if there's still non-posters by 10pm, they'll be likely to be rabbits so folk may wish to re-vote accordingly.

i'd suggest someone do a post-count around 9:30 and we'll take it from there - if folk think that's a decent enough suggestion go for it. If not...well, you can't blame me for not trying if the town falls into carnivorous hands.

With Deek going to take sanctions, it would possibly be a wasted vote to randomly pick a lurker, which is why I went for someone involved in the game, despite previously suggesting a "lurkers tax"

As for the council idea. It does have merits, but unless it is initiated before the game even starts, then the townies are obviously gonna question the motives of it, as they can't trust anyone

I've read over everything again, and cant see any reason to change my vote.

Toggie has offered no reason for his absence despite being online a lot.

Patrick Bateman

I've been busy and haven't been online much over the weekend, I'm going to vote for Tobias Funke.

With Deek going to take sanctions, it would possibly be a wasted vote to randomly pick a lurker, which is why I went for someone involved in the game, despite previously suggesting a "lurkers tax"

A counter-argument could be that it would be easier for the carnies to hide by voting for a low-poster, or with the deadline idea, throwaway voting for one of their own as Toggie did on day1 to Beverley last game.

As for the council idea. It does have merits, but unless it is initiated before the game even starts, then the townies are obviously gonna question the motives of it, as they can't trust anyone

Even with that, the apparent randomness of OEW's selection procedure should've allayed fears....i was happy to distance myself from being active in it and trusting Lady Luck to ensure we got a majority of rabbits on the town council. Although statistically (better than Lady Luck:D) it still holds up.

I've been busy and haven't been online much over the weekend, I'm going to vote for Tobias Funke.

Any reason?

And if you're gonna vote for someone it needs to be in bold.

At post 221 the votes are

Toggie 3

OEW 2

Yvonne 2

Sweeney 2

Boof 1

Cesnauskas 1

Hughesie 1

Non voters are

Yvonne

JTnut

Boof

Marshalls Chunky Chicken

Toggie

Jamie

Stella

Odysseus

Commander Harris.

I make it only 1 vote for me. Flux unvoted me so thats just Rossi's vote

Updated votes

Toggie 3

OEW 2

Sweeney 2

Yvonne 1

Boof 1

Cesnauskas 1

Hughesie 1

CCP 1

Non voters are

JTnut

Boof

Marshalls Chunky Chicken

Toggie

Jamie

Stella

Odysseus

I've read over everything again, and cant see any reason to change my vote.

Toggie has offered no reason for his absence despite being online a lot.

He does this in every game though, Tobias Flump does the same. Lurk about and post a vote every now and then. Not sure there is any good reason for the minibandwagon. If anything the fact Huge-sigh has switched to the same tactic is a bit more dodgy IMO, and then there is JTnut being voted for by the Were-rabbit, so that pretty much rules him out of having 3 good roles. As for those voting me, don't be so daft, what's up with you ya daft fuds! You will be kicking yourselves if you lynch me.

I dont think OEW deserves to be lyched purely for suggesting a plan.

I'm sure Toggie was more active last game, so thats why my vote is with him.

I agree with the suspicion of JTnut though.

Well I was gonna go Yvonne or Cesnauskis.

I still am. I just dunno which one.

Och damn it I went Yvonne last time so to be fair I'll Vote Cesnauskis+10 this time for his random voting and lack of reasoning.

vote Hughesie 27

I don't think there are any solid leads, I'm just going on my inital feeling from yesterday, it's gotta be either Sweeny, JTnut or H27 - H27 is the one I picked after a wee bit of deliberation. Anyway I'm away to watch Life in Cold Blood, don't do anything stupid in my absence people!

One hour to go and votes are

Toggie 3

Cesnauskas 3

OEW 2

H27 2

Yvonne 1

CCP 1

Jamie 1

Sweeney

Non voters

JTnut

Boof

Marshall Chunky Chicken

Toggie

Jamie

Stella

You asked.:)

One Eyed Willy 34

Boof 32

Deek 25

yvonnejambo 17

Cigaro 14

Commander Harris 14

rossi_1983 13

flux capacitor 13

Sweeney 10

Tobias Funke 9

ArmiyaRomanova 8

hughesie27 8

JennyJambo 8

JamboLad 7

Beverley 7

colincameronspenalty 6

Sooperstar 5

jambopompey 4

HMFCjamieHMFC 3

Cesnauskis+10 3

JTnut 2

Toggie88 1

Odysseus 1

HMFCjamieHMFC

Theres the post count

One Eyed Willy 34

Boof 32

Deek 25

yvonnejambo 17

Cigaro 14

Commander Harris 14

rossi_1983 13

flux capacitor 13

Sweeney 10

Tobias Funke 9

ArmiyaRomanova 8

hughesie27 8

JennyJambo 8

JamboLad 7

Beverley 7

colincameronspenalty 6

Sooperstar 5

jambopompey 4

HMFCjamieHMFC 4

Cesnauskis+10 3

JTnut 2

Toggie88 1

Odysseus 1

Commander Harris
Anybody know how to do a post count?

click on the link under the "replies" column in the forum- it's the one with the number.

alternatively click here

Thanks folks.

Vote Rossi - instinct, anti-yvonne bandwagon attempt (yvonne could, of course, be laughing up her sleeve at my incompetence...if it is).

That's about all I've got - none of the minimal posters seem all that keen on getting involved.

What happens if it's a tie?

It will be a lucky number draw by both players. If they are not on line I am not hanging about. I will send the players name and a number to a player I trust then ask another player to give me one number. If picked you are deid.:o

Archived