WATERSHED DOWN - HORROR IN THE MEADOW

Deek

OK then Yvonne, I'm no baddie, why would I suggest a system if I was? If I was a bad guy I'd sit back and let the rest of you dither about and spread the votes all over the shop like what happens in every game.

What is my master plan, A NUMBER SYSTEM. Bare with me here

the first stage is to do this,

Sir Robby (Now One Eyed Willy)

Yvonne

Flux Capacitor

CCP

Jambopompey

Beverley

ArmiyaRomanova

Sooperstar

JamboLad

JTnut

Rossi

JennyJambo

Boof

Cigaro

MCC

Toggie

Tobias

HMFCjamieHMFC

Sweeney

Stella_jambo

Odysseus

Cesnauskis+10

H27

Commander Harris.

Now we have 4 blocks or teams of 6, Red, Blue, Black and Green. This should be the starting point for any potential system. I think the fact Deek is going to be tough on non voters will help, voter apathy is the enemy of democracy :). Basically the best way IMO to root out bad guys is to use a system instead of random finger pointing, the best way to go about things is narrow the list of targets. It is very unlikely that multiple baddies will be in a particualr block so by grouping players like this we can prevent the meat eaters working together. I can see 3 possible systems.

1) make each block a visable 'team', so they have to co-operate in the open, and each player can't vote for someone in their block.

2) make each block (in rotation) decide on the target among themselves (by 4 to 2 majority to start with) and the rest go with their choice.

3) We have to pick a target from one of the blocks, we do this on a rotation system moving through each block in sequence.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dammit a random number draw by Deek. I'll just need to find another theory then :)

My chest hurts. :(

Hope your ok Jenny.

So im in a team with 3 folks that always go for me lol

Yes I think any of those systems would be worth a shot. Will see what others think. Team work is the key and has to include roleless people.

Having thought about it. I wont be mod killing all non voters tonight. I did say we would start week next friday, then sunday and then changed it to last night, so some people may not have realised we have started.

But those that have already posted on the game "need" to vote.

Or else.:hae36:

Sorry about the chest Jenny, I do play a bit rough.

Vote One Eyed Willy

Stupidest system ever!

Great analysis there.

It's better than the lottery that we usually follow on the opening days, at least give it a whirl? I'm not saying we follow this to the end just for the first few days, it would just make the random process less random. Far too often we have seen the bad guys do next to nothing while we take lumps out of each other, at least taking one of these systems combined with Deek's toughter rules increases the pressure to take part. IMO looking at the player list in blocks and applying law of averages is something that hs been suggested before in the early stages but never followed through, maybe now is the time to test it out?

FWIW I think option 2 would be the best way forward as it is (in theory anyway) the most democratic and should give Mr fox and his crew the least say in what direction we take.

Commander Harris

OEW - it's an interesting proposition but I see a couple of problems with it. with roles assigned randomly any system applied to the finding of these roles will be successful or not based on a random factor anyway - the manner in which the roles fell.

if I'm understanding your proposed system 2 correctly -

say the bad roles only fall in 2 groups, this is not unlikely as that would be less than half the roles in half of the groups - then we are nominating 2 innocent people straight of the bat and chancing that we hit a guilty party in the other groups when there is just a 1 in 3 chance each time.

Then from these 4 players - (2 guaranteed innocent and 2 with only a minority chance of being bad) we are selecting someone to vote off.

not a good outcome.

even if there's an even spread of bad guys - 1 in each group - that still means a 1 in 6 chance each time - not good odds and essentially equal to a stab in the dark amongst the full group of 24.

OEW - it's an interesting proposition but I see a couple of problems with it. with roles assigned randomly any system applied to the finding of these roles will be successful or not based on a random factor anyway - the manner in which the roles fell.

if I'm understanding your proposed system 2 correctly -

say the bad roles only fall in 2 groups, this is not unlikely as that would be less than half the roles in half of the groups - then we are nominating 2 innocent people straight of the bat and chancing that we hit a guilty party in the other groups when there is just a 1 in 3 chance each time.

Then from these 4 players - (2 guaranteed innocent and 2 with only a minority chance of being bad) we are selecting someone to vote off.

not a good outcome.

even if there's an even spread of bad guys - 1 in each group - that still means a 1 in 6 chance each time - not good odds and essentially equal to a stab in the dark amongst the full group of 24.

Where is Complete Idiot when you need him. He would tell you the probabilities in a nano second.:)

- Example Model, 16 player set up (would probably be better as 8 player?)

Government made up of first 2 players from each block;

OEW

Yvonne

AR

Sooperstar

Boof

Cigaro

Sweeny

Stela

Opposition made up of last 2 players from each block;

Jamie

Harris

H27

Tobias

Jenny

Rossi

Bev

Pompey

General Public

Everyone else

Basically each side decides on a single target and trys to get joe public on their side.

Can you tell I'm a bit bored :)

ArmiyaRomanova
What about an AR style town council idea taking one/two players from each block to form a sort of Watershed Down Government :D

Damn, beat me to it.

Wonder if you'll have as much success floating the idea as I did.

Commander Harris

I'm off out and don't know if I'll be back before the deadline so I'll have to cast my vote.

it's a bit of a stab in the dark but it always is at this stage. I'm going to vote for Bev - a regular and normally high posting player who hasn't posted on this thread yet.

vote Beverley

As for those voting me - give me time, I'll deliver results! The rabbits can investigate me if need be but let's at least give my plan a go instead of just random voting again.

oi

i didn't know the game had started!

its earlier than we were told it would be starting

i am a townie, so a vote for me is a simple "oh i dunno lets get a townie" usual start.

feel free to take me out though, cos i get bored not having a role.

vote yvonne cos we're rarely on the same side so, since i'm townie, she probably has a role

I'm not sure where to vote.

Its just gonna be random again IMO, as no one has any idea.

A system is all fine and well, but assuming the roles have been distributed randomly, then even that wil have an element of randomness in it.

Hope your ok Jenny.

Cheers Vonny, I'm fine. Stupid but fine!

Strained a muscle in my chest and was told to take it easy but decided to ignore that advice and have since pulled the muscle! I'm a muppet. Was sore when it was strained...it hurts like hell now!

Still the painkillers are strong. The world is warm and fuzzy!

Right a cuppa and the second half on Hearts World and then I'll make a wee vote!

My chest hurts. :(

Ah...so it wasn't your head the saucepan got stuck on then...? ;)

i'm almost tempted to double-vote OEW for putting me in the green team :eek: but to be honest the town councilly idea could have some merit - it could force (kinda, almost) some carnies to vote for each other.

One drawback is that when things get more critical later on we might not have the subtle voting patterns to check up on, though to be honest i'm not sure how vital they are.

i remember the AR game where the idea never got off the ground because the game was a coupla days old by the time it was suggested and suspicions had been raised by then so an early start to the council could be a go-er this time.

i seem to recall the goons in that game laying low for virtually all of the game and (i think) they made it through the game unscathed.

i'm happy to go with it if that's the majority view. Just change the colour of my team :mad: even pink would be preferable!!!

ArmiyaRomanova

i remember the AR game where the idea never got off the ground because the game was a coupla days old by the time it was suggested and suspicions had been raised by then so an early start to the council could be a go-er this time.

i seem to recall the goons in that game laying low for virtually all of the game and (i think) they made it through the game unscathed.

As I recall, there were objections to the idea because half the suggested council members (based on their high post counts) had already fallen under general suspicion.

In the final analysis, though, I don't think a single poster suggested for the council actually turned out to be a goon.

Ah...so it wasn't your head the saucepan got stuck on then...? ;)

i'm almost tempted to double-vote OEW for putting me in the green team :eek: but to be honest the town councilly idea could have some merit - it could force (kinda, almost) some carnies to vote for each other.

One drawback is that when things get more critical later on we might not have the subtle voting patterns to check up on, though to be honest i'm not sure how vital they are.

I dont think there can be much read into early voting patterns. most people have played a lot of games now and been on good and bad sides. Voting 1 of your own early on is now the norm.

Yes I was one who questioned this and it was becuase it wasn't at start of game and it was only a group of 3 (I think), which would /could have easily been majority bad.

i'm happy to go with it if that's the majority view. Just change the colour of my team :mad: even pink would be preferable!!!

So I suggest we do try something like this at least for first couple of days. The only people who wont want this will be the bad guys.. We have nothing much to lose and surely worth trying something different when our own track rcord is so poor at the begining of games.

We've only got 4.5 hours left to get on with it as well.

i wasn't happy with the Council idea last game but starting from now i'm more happy with it.

i'm gonna be out in a coupla hours' time so it'll need to be done asap, but in principle i'll go for it.

ArmiyaRomanova

I'd be interested in principle - nobody's come forward with a solid plan for how it'd work, how long it'd run etc...

Given what happened when I suggested a set of 'rules' for it, I'm not going to bother trying again.

Since I'm out for a few hours this evening and might not be back before the deadline, here's my entirely random vote...

VOTE : JTnut

So do we start this from day2? looks like not enough time to get everyone opinion until then. Im also going back out soon and wont be on at deadline. Also working tomorrow during the day.

Not sure if I'll be on before the deadline so unvote OEW....vote hughesie27 - just a feeling from something he said a wee bit back.

Ok I've had a read through and it was a toss up between three players for me but I've decided to Vote Yvonne.

She came in with the "only bad guys won't want it" thing in relation to the council idea. Sounds like something a bad 'un trying to blend in might say.

3 hours to go folks

Votes so far

Yvonne 3

Beverley 3

One Eye Willie 2

Hughesie 2

JTnut 1

Boof 1

Tobias voted but I will be strict and ask him to vote again. He voted "One Inch" :hae36:

I'd be interested in principle - nobody's come forward with a solid plan for how it'd work, how long it'd run etc...

Given what happened when I suggested a set of 'rules' for it, I'm not going to bother trying again.

Since I'm out for a few hours this evening and might not be back before the deadline, here's my entirely random vote...

VOTE : JTnut

;) entirely random my furry wee erse.

I haven't a scooby whats going on tbh. Im going to vote One Eyed Willy because its a funny name.

Cesnauskis+10
- Example Model, 16 player set up (would probably be better as 8 player?)

Government made up of first 2 players from each block;

OEW

Yvonne

AR

Sooperstar

Boof

Cigaro

Sweeny

Stela

Opposition made up of last 2 players from each block;

Jamie

Harris

H27

Tobias

Jenny

Rossi

Bev

Pompey

General Public

Everyone else

Basically each side decides on a single target and trys to get joe public on their side.

Can you tell I'm a bit bored :)

Yes...

Vote Beverley

lynching the wrong person

i'm a townie, but if you wanna go for it, you'll see i guess

if it means saving my skin then unvote yvonne & vote one eyed willie

I remember that plan well

Being a goon in that game, I was quite worried by the fact that everyone chosen was townie! I still supported it though as I thought it was the only way to blend in...it turned out it wasn't necessary as everyone else thought it was a stupid idea :P

As for this game, I am unsure where to vote, as I have just been skimming the thread due to my deadlines. As always, the first vote is random, although I can't help thinking it's a mistake to always go for the outspoken folk, as the goons normally stay quiet at the start

But since a vote elsewhere is wasted now

VOTE BEV

Think it's unfair on Maxi to be out first both games, just cos he tries to get some action

Votes with just over one hour to go.

OEW voted Beverley

Yvonne Voted Beverley

Flux Capacitor Voted Hughesie

CCP voted Yvonne

Beverley voted OEW

ArmiyaRomanova voted JTnut

JTnut voted OEW

Jenny voted Yvonne

Boof voted Hughesie

Cigaro voted Boof

Tobias voted Yvonne

Sweeney voted OEW

Cesnauskas voted Beverley

Hughesie voted OEW

Commander voted Beverley

Rossi voted Beverley

Beverley 5

OEW 4

Yvonne 3

Hughesie 2

JTnut 1

Boof 1

Vote OEW

Just on quickely to get my vote in. He's been a bit of a dodgy character in my opinion.

How sad is this game to make me log in at someone els's computer just to get my vote in !

PARANOID !

Hello!

I've just noticed the thread.

I'll have a proper read through later on, Vote Cesnauskis just now, (so not to get a card and he's got no votes).

Hmmm I see some people have backed the idea in principle but obviously have not bothered to look at/comment on my first model for the system, TBH I think a smaller version would work better but we'll have to leave it until tomorrow when the game will start moving properly, 3 pages for day 1 is a very poor show.

Archived