WATERSHED DOWN - HORROR IN THE MEADOW

Deek

Because he is being very, as he would say, 'breezy'

vote Sweeny

just for now, I'll be back about 8 to see if things have picked up and if the council get's into full swing. Nothing is happening just now. :(

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God sake AR is gone now. From bad to worse as per normal!

I'm going to vote boof Pretty random to be honest

Because he is being very, as he would say, 'breezy'

vote Sweeny

just for now, I'll be back about 8 to see if things have picked up and if the council get's into full swing. Nothing is happening just now. :(

I'm breezy!

(You're not supposed to say you're breezy! Oh...)

God sake AR is gone now. From bad to worse as per normal!

I'm going to vote boof Pretty random to be honest

You DO understand you're one of the inaugural town council members, don't you?

And, as such, should be speaking to your fellow councillors (on thread, in case you get any funny PM ideas) in order to get a consensus as to who looks most likely guilty based on the evidence and posts so far.

i understood hughesie to be H27 - unless a frikkin big new hydrogen molecule has been discovered.

Oops I thought that was a new player, (note to self read list of players.)

Sorry :o

So it aint working very well Hughesie voting Boof , Jambolad not knowing where to vote and the other 2 not been on. If deadline is not till tomorrow night I reckon we should leave it to those 4 to come up with something or if nothing has happened from them as a group by say 7pm tomorrow night the rest of us just vote what we think. I have got ideas on who to vote but really would like to see this council idea work. We need a change of tact and hopefully this might be good.

Sorry I've not been on guys, was in Leeds this weekend and didn't get back til 5 today.

Not really got any ideas for who to vote for so far. I'd be tempted to go for one of the quieter players as my experiance of playing the game tells me that they are usually the bad guys and that by being quiet at the beginning they usually give themselves a head start by us knocking each other off.

But if I do pick one it'll just be completely random so may be counter productive.

I'll wait til tomorrow evening to make any votes.

Has nobody else noticed a change in tact by H27 and Sweeny then?

This is as quiet a start to a game as I can remember, not really a good atmosphere for a system to work in IMO. The fact quite a few folk (there are 4 in particular) have knocked it/ignored it with absolutely no explanation as to why even when pushed for an answer has got me very suspicious. While there is so little going on and no sign of this council idea working I'm just going to stick with going for one of those 2 unless things change dramatically tomorrow.

probably quiet cos people never knew it was starting early

i never knew, and got lynched as a result of being quiet

c'mon the rampant rabbit :D

oh, sorry

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

robertas_ghost2.jpg

Commander Harris

Evening chaps. sorry, been out all day and not long in. I expected to have to catch up on more but there's not really been much happening.

OEW's idea is certainly interesting - not entirely sure how the rolling group of four idea will work, or exactly what the advantages are.

if OEW wants to explain a bit more then I'll give it some consideration.

Has nobody else noticed a change in tact by H27 and Sweeny then?

This is as quiet a start to a game as I can remember, not really a good atmosphere for a system to work in IMO. The fact quite a few folk (there are 4 in particular) have knocked it/ignored it with absolutely no explanation as to why even when pushed for an answer has got me very suspicious. While there is so little going on and no sign of this council idea working I'm just going to stick with going for one of those 2 unless things change dramatically tomorrow.

Why should I be pressured into following your idea, which I was frank about not liking or seeing much value in?

How have I changed my tact? I never really had one in the first place, but just because I'm not playing the game your way I'm a target. Who died and made you boss?

I voted for you in the first round because I wasn't comfortable with your attempt to lead people, for all I know, blindly to their doom. I don't actually believe now that you have a nefarious purpose in your town council scheme, but I don't have to go along with it, this isn't a democracy and even if it was a central tenant of democracy is that I don't have to go along with being a part of it.

I posted a perfectly good reason for voting for Chesney in this round too. Nobody seems to be using reason and deliberation to choose a suspect, it's just you pushing your agenda. I'm not having it, I'm not going along with you.

Perhaps if you just read the posts and came to a conclusion then named a suspect you might convince people, but your town council idea just looks like systematic guess work to me, I can do that on my own.

So far there is no-one I trust, but the good guys and the bad guys know that I'm neither. If it's okay with you, I'll just continue to go my own way, if I get lynched, so be it, but you'll see the error of your theory.

:tongue::tongue::tongue:

Why should I be pressured into following your idea, which I was frank about not liking or seeing much value in?

How have I changed my tact? I never really had one in the first place, but just because I'm not playing the game your way I'm a target. Who died and made you boss?

I voted for you in the first round because I wasn't comfortable with your attempt to lead people, for all I know, blindly to their doom. I don't actually believe now that you have a nefarious purpose in your town council scheme, but I don't have to go along with it, this isn't a democracy and even if it was a central tenant of democracy is that I don't have to go along with being a part of it.

I posted a perfectly good reason for voting for Chesney in this round too. Nobody seems to be using reason and deliberation to choose a suspect, it's just you pushing your agenda. I'm not having it, I'm not going along with you.

Perhaps if you just read the posts and came to a conclusion then named a suspect you might convince people, but your town council idea just looks like systematic guess work to me, I can do that on my own.

So far there is no-one I trust, but the good guys and the bad guys know that I'm neither. If it's okay with you, I'll just continue to go my own way, if I get lynched, so be it, but you'll see the error of your theory.

:tongue::tongue::tongue:

Eh, this is exactly the type of post I would use to demonstrate your usual style. Not the 2 line posts with a vote you've made up til now.

Eh, this is exactly the type of post I would use to demonstrate your usual style. Not the 2 line posts with a vote you've made up til now.

I haven't had anything much to say up to now.

You rattled my cage, I hope you're satisfied ;)

Let's face it, there's been nothing to go on, particularly on day one. I think my reasons for voting for chesney are valid, nobody seems to care that the voting on day one was really close, one vote either way was enough to lynch an innocent, so who jumped on Bev and who did they save? Better clues there I think than your systematic guesswork (I like that phrase, thought I'd use it again, but that'll be last time, I need to stay fresh, I just thought it was worth repeating)

Commander Harris
The thing is even if people think we are dodgy we only get our say on the council for a day before it moves on, so in effect this gives everyone a say while lessening the baddies chances to manipulate as a pack, what's not to like if you are a fluffy? Even if people are thinking 'hey, what if the council for the day has a bad guy on it, or even two' well equally you could argue that there are still 3 members of ARs group in there (who KNOW of one other innocent player) and the badger among the player list, these guys will get on their chance on the council aswell. What exactly have we got to lose from giving this a go?

If my idea get's the nod here is my list (based on an order of rotation) for the first ever (daily) Watershed council;

Sooperstar

Jambolad

Commander Harris

H27

ok, if I'm grasping this right - on this day the above 4 vote.

I take it the majority is then put forward to the rest of the town and they are expected to follow?

then then next day it is rotated and a different four do the same process.

All this means is that voting is reduced to a tiny group - yes the bad guys can't manipulate as a group but on the other hand I believe a small panel such as this would only lead to more random deaths.

Why do you think a small panel is more beneficial? surely having everyone involved adds some much needed checks and balances against the randomness?

It's a chance for everyone to get a say with at least some backing. In EVERY game we end up sitting about with votes on 4 or 5 folk and it goes to deadline and an innocent is lynched on a narrow margin, it's getting boring. If people join up they fear 'it's a bandwagon I don't want to e part of it' well at least if a small randomly elected group were allowed to function as a team or block vote they could wield some power without that problem.

In truth I'm just bored and want to see something different from the norm happen. Reject the idea if you want, see if I care

:glare:

This is my I don't care anymore face.

Commander Harris
It's a chance for everyone to get a say with at least some backing. In EVERY game we end up sitting about with votes on 4 or 5 folk and it goes to deadline and an innocent is lynched on a narrow margin, it's getting boring. If people join up they fear 'it's a bandwagon I don't want to e part of it' well at least if a small randomly elected group were allowed to function as a team or block vote they could wield some power without that problem.

In truth I'm just bored and want to see something different from the norm happen. Reject the idea if you want, see if I care

:glare:

This is my I don't care anymore face.

while I appreciate your attempts to liven things up and be a bit innovative I don't really see the merit in this system.

while the "conventional" system can be random in the early days it provides the best opportunity for reasoned and logical voting, and therefore success - not "systematic guesswork" as sweeney put it so well.

yes, I know I'm a total modernist. :)

vote HMFCjamieHMFC

has not said a word yet in this game, something that if i can remember from the early games i played was usually to hide from the rest. if anything this may bring them out, no point in having a few of the players saying anything whilst those with bad roles to sit back and watch us goodies vote for each other

Been a bit busy this weekend, but everything is sorted now

Will re-read the thread tomorrow when I have time, so it's a bonus that it has been quieter than Bar Boof's Rabbit stew night!

While it's a tactic that never seems to have much success, I think a lurker's tax should be initiated, as too many players are being quiet. (I suggested in the last game, that a lack of posting should result in punishment from the narrator, as it ruins the game for everyone)

P.S. I note the slight irony in my post, as I have been pretty quiet, but I gave reasons and have been on whenever I could

Vote Rossi.

He voted Bev last time saying a vote for anyone else was a wasted vote yet at that point One Eyed Willie had 4 votes and Bev had 4 votes.

Deadline will be 10pm tonight.

Lurkers will have severe sanctions.

Non voters/posters will be mod killed. ;)

vote HMFCjamieHMFC

has not said a word yet in this game, something that if i can remember from the early games i played was usually to hide from the rest. if anything this may bring them out, no point in having a few of the players saying anything whilst those with bad roles to sit back and watch us goodies vote for each other

That could well be a wasted vote if lurkers are gonna get punted.

Sooperstar

Jambolad

Commander Harris

H27

C'mon guys - at least have some discussion or tell us that you're not happy with the idea (and why) and aren't gonna do it.

We've got 11 hours - many of which many of us will not be on here.

I feel it won't hurt to try something different at least for the first few days.

For what it's worth, I'm as sceptical of OEW's goodness as many of you appear to be, but at least he's trying to do something and if he IS a carnie, he'd be pretty stupid to load the TC with other carnies or risk the TC landing one of the sharp-toothed brigade.

Give it a whirl for a day or two and if we're still bumping off rabbits then we could go back to what we all know.

Commander Harris
C'mon guys - at least have some discussion or tell us that you're not happy with the idea (and why) and aren't gonna do it.

We've got 11 hours - many of which many of us will not be on here.

I feel it won't hurt to try something different at least for the first few days.

For what it's worth, I'm as sceptical of OEW's goodness as many of you appear to be, but at least he's trying to do something and if he IS a carnie, he'd be pretty stupid to load the TC with other carnies or risk the TC landing one of the sharp-toothed brigade.

Give it a whirl for a day or two and if we're still bumping off rabbits then we could go back to what we all know.

I've stated my opinions on the system above - I don't think it will benefit us and will lead to random kills. Yes it's something different, but it isn't something any better IMO.

I've stated my opinions on the system above - I don't think it will benefit us and will lead to random kills. Yes it's something different, but it isn't something any better IMO.

I agree with the sheep.

not only that, but i've no idea who's bad and who isn't so i'm not going to follow someone i'm not even convinced about.

Vote Rossi.

He voted Bev last time saying a vote for anyone else was a wasted vote yet at that point One Eyed Willie had 4 votes and Bev had 4 votes.

What I meant was a vote for anyone else outside those two was wasted, so it was between Maxi and Bev, and I didn't think it was fair on Maxi to get voted off first 2 games in a row, just for trying to get us organised.

I thought it was clear enough that it was between those 2 for my vote, but maybe not :confused:

I'm not convinced by the system. You could easily end up with two baddies in there in which case they'd be rubbing their hands. Obviously you could also end up with 4 good guys but then there's just 4 different people that, at this stage of the game, are just taking a stab in the dark and there really isn't much to go on so early on.

So, while at the moment I do think OEW's intentions are honourable, I don't think there's any benefit in taking on the council idea just now. I don't see that a collective stab in the dark is any more effective than several individual stabs.

What I meant was a vote for anyone else outside those two was wasted, so it was between Maxi and Bev, and I didn't think it was fair on Maxi to get voted off first 2 games in a row, just for trying to get us organised.

I thought it was clear enough that it was between those 2 for my vote, but maybe not :confused:

Ok. Unvote Rossi

Now Yvonne or Cesnauskis? I'll think about that while I eat my lunch!

unvote yvonne

vote sweeney

As I don't have a team around me to help me out here I'd better ask why?

It's usually helpful when someone gives a reason for their vote...

Commander Harris
Let's start the bandwagons/witch hunts then!

don't you mean let's start the reasoned, logical suggestions and debate.

nah, I'm clueless just now - bandwagon/witch hunt it is then. :P

sesiously though, a large group of clueless people is better than a group of 4 clueless people. More checks and balances - and while the goons can manipulate, the good guys can influence things too.

i realise i'm urinating up against a wall with this but the council idea could've worked because even if we struck it really unlucky and managed to get two carnies on for two successive days that would be the end of their involvement in the council.

And if we managed to strike it luck and get 3 ordinary rabbits and one super-rabbit we'd effectively have had a council of 6 good guys (not that we'd be sure about 3 of them).

As i'm always harping on (and this sounds quite a carnie thing to be saying, but i just want to make sure they have no get-out clauses for getting beaten) the 3 unknown ones would have to have no direct (i.e.PM etc) communication with the others. Just all above board and on-thread.

However it looks like it's going to be a non-starter :(

Nae luck Willy, but if you turn out to be carnivorous...bloody good try :)

That could well be a wasted vote if lurkers are gonna get punted.

but it may draw people out and start posting, i will be back on around 7pm

Archived