WATERSHED DOWN - HORROR IN THE MEADOW

Deek

Beverley was sunbathing in the grass, dreaming about carrot and cucumber juice. Beverley was dreaming about running through the pastures and arriving at Farmer Giles field. Farmer Giles was asking her what kind of day she had had, if she was still hungry she was just to go ahead, just to dig into the lettuce and radish that were in the fields.

This cant be true Beverley thought, Farmer Giles being nice to me, a pesky Rabbit.

Just at that she heard ?thump thump thump? ?thump thump thump? she looked at the Farmer who was stamping his feet on the ground. I wonder why he is doing that she thought.

But slowly her eyes opened. she had been dreaming, when she looked around her, all she could see were the fluffy tails coming towards her.She started to shake, she sensed danger.

Then they came at her. Her friends all armed with huge carrots. They tore into her. Sharpened carrot ends slicing into her skin until she was no more.

Well what have you all done, have you managed to kill a carnivore on the first day.

No poor Beverley was a little fluffy bunny girl.

Whats new day one and youe kill a good player.

PM me with your votes please. Rampant does not Roger tonight.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well that's just bloody fantastic:@!

Why did everybody go for Bev anyway?

No idea, but guess as the first person to vote her I become the dodgy one. Sorry Bev I didnt expect a pile on you. Hopefully a better plan will be in place in day2

ArmiyaRomanova

A less than enthralling start to the game (not criticising Deek's stories, which are entertaining), and nothing really learned either.

Well not by me anyway.

Well that's a crap start.

I'm off to bed, despondant, depressed, something else beginning with 'd' that means a bit bored.

I don't even know what I am in the game, am I a townie, or a rabbit, or a carrot or something?

Damn I'm tired.

Crap start, but that's just the way of these games!

I think in future though we shouldn't go for the folk who contribute to games, as that just makes things even quieter!

No idea, but guess as the first person to vote her I become the dodgy one. Sorry Bev I didnt expect a pile on you. Hopefully a better plan will be in place in day2

cos you always do

nobody forking believes me when i'm innocent, nobody believes me when i'm guilty so fork you all and i hope you all die horrible, violent (virtual) and painful deaths, and the bad guys win

yes, that WAS a bitter carrot i choked on :(

cos you always do

nobody forking believes me when i'm innocent, nobody believes me when i'm guilty so fork you all and i hope you all die horrible, violent (virtual) and painful deaths, and the bad guys win

yes, that WAS a bitter carrot i choked on :(

It's almost worth killing you just so we get to see the bitter side of you come out :P

doesn't often happen to be honest, but this game truly infuriates me

i lie like a cheap carpet, so i think its easy to tell when i'm being honest, and when i'm not.

i'm not the best liar in the world, and this game makes me REALLY paranoid lol

thank fork i know its just a game, or i'd think you were all out to get me hahhhahahaaa

Commander Harris

sorry bev, as always there was nothing to go on and your non-posting was the thing that caught my attention.

No offense to Bev but it could have been worse, we've only lost a plain vanilla. Thankfully we still have all our roled dudes at the moment.

just to let you all know, I'm probably going to be out all day but I should be back late evening.

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Well that was bloody stupid :(

Why the pile on?

One saving grace could be that it gives OEW's council idea time to take off - if he survives the night. I've a feeling that he might be in danger if the carnies get upset by his plan (and IF he's a rabbit - he's pretty much convinced me of his good intentions, but, as always with these games, that doubt lurks and grows until you see everyone as guilty)

Sorry to see Bev go - hope for some good woooo posts from her.

zzzzzzzzzzzz

Are we ready to roll again, c'mon Deek

I have a redraft of my plan, it came to me in a dream

chamberlain2.jpg

I believe it to be peace for our time

The Rabbits had lost Beverley. They all huddled together in their burrows for warmth and safety and slept well. The carnivores had feasted after all and they would also be fast asleep.

Were_Rabbit woke early this beautiful Sunday morning. He decided to go outside and see if any of Beverleys remains were left behind. He would clear up the bones before the rest of the Bunnies woke.

He went outside and could see no Rabbit remains anywhere. He wandered slightly away from the burrows towards a bush. A call of nature was required.

He had just started when he felt s sharp pain in the neck. He felt the teeth slice open his veins, he felt the life flow away from him. He managed to turn his head just before death became him. He looked into the smiling evil eyes of Reynard.The tobasco sauce lying nearby in weight

Beverley had not been enough, they had came looking for more.

Yes folks a disastrous night for the rabbits.

ArmiyaRomanova, Were-Rabbit himself was dead.

Elsewhere

The Carnivores investigated a fluffy rabbit

The Rabbits investigated a fluffy

Bill The Badger warned the intended target of Bugs Bunny (Doc)

It is day 2

No mod kills today

Deadline 10pm tomorrow. (Monday)

The only thing i can see from AR is that he voted for JTnut randomly...

Did JTnut panic?

vote JTnut

Not convinced

JTNut has been gangster a few times, so would know not to draw attention to himself like that

My guess is they went for AR as he has survived the last 2 games to the end and played well, so they felt threatened by him.

Since that narrows it down to everyone who played in last 2 games, it doesn't really help!

Willy...where are you?

Let's get this toon cooncil up and running.

Does this mean Bill the badger now knows who the Dr is?

FFS, that's just about the worst possible start.

How did the Carnivores manage to pick out the wererabbit so easily???

Well that has put a big dent in our hopes.

Here are my new plans for the council there are 2 options. I suggest we decide ASAP what the best idea is and get a council installed and working TODAY so we don't end up doing any more random/split voting.

1) A 2 party council. Based on my original idea, except it is now an 8 player council (players selected from each of the 4 'blocks' I made earlier). This is more divisive but I think it would get faster results, whether that is a good or a bad thing. It could also be rotated so everyone gets a chance to have their say.

Example - 4 council members (Me, Soop, Boof, Sweeny) and 4 opposition members (Harris, Jenny, Jamie, Pompey) + joe public (free voters):

each of the two main groups must decide upon a target and try to convince the general public to follow their proposal. The council can choose a member of the opposition as their target and vice versa or their target can be a member of the general public but members of the council/opposition can't vote for one of their team mates.

2) A rotation based council. Each day a new 4 player council is announced based on the player list, each day we progress down the list until everyone has had a chance to be on the council. Each council must work as a team and openly agree upon a target, the rest of the population hears out the council's argument and then places their vote. This is more democratic in the sense that it will allow more people a chance to have their say and get backing (provided we stick to the idea).

How's about (3) - the 2-party council, but members chosen by rotation, or a friendly ghost could (Deek permitting) be allowed to choose the council members.

I'd like to give this a go, just to see if it can work since no recruitment allows us to know that if someone's good now they'll be good for the rest of the game - if anybody can divulge that information subtly...i.e.subtle enough for the rabbits to pick up on it and not the carnies (urinating into the wind, methinks, but you never know).

The worst case scenario would be if the carnies get a council majority, or at least persuasive player to sway the voting badly then we'll lose more rabbits - potentially good 'uns.

However, since all communication will be done in the open the only people with something to fear from this will be the carnies.

Willy...where are you?

Let's get this toon cooncil up and running.

Does this mean Bill the badger now knows who the Dr is?

Know he warned the Doctors save for the night. He/she dont know who the Doc is. Would have been better for the Wabbits if he/she had warned AR.;)

Agree that the fact AR voted JTnut is the only solid clue we have just now.

H27's and Sweeny's posts about my idea were a bit strange, both immediatly voted for me with no lengthly explanations, very unlike both of them. Did they want to beat me down before anyone gave time to my idea, did they sense it was a threat to them?

As for the Beverley bandwagon, I have no idea where it came from. I only voted for her because I was sweating after the poor response to my council idea and I would not be back online until 9.30 at least so there was a good chance I would be voted off by the time I got back. Beverley was the only other player who had attracted votes at the time so I seen at as the best option to keep myself safe.

Harris voted for Bev just before me, he said he was going out for the day also. The only slightly odd thing I can see about that is the fact he (unlike me) had no votes on him at the time I would expect him to just pick a name out of thin air as a 'safe vote' instead of someone who Yvonne had voted only a few posts earlier.

D'Oh!!

Of course...JTnut is, on the balance of probability, NOT one of the good posse.

And that's all we've got to go on?

FWIW i voted for hughesie due to his reaction to OEW's council idea.

And apologies for not opening the bar yet - maybe Beverley would like to open a karaoke juice bar?

Can we get this council idea up and running then?

I'm for it - vote town council.

How's about (3) - the 2-party council, but members chosen by rotation, or a friendly ghost could (Deek permitting) be allowed to choose the council members.

I'd like to give this a go, just to see if it can work since no recruitment allows us to know that if someone's good now they'll be good for the rest of the game - if anybody can divulge that information subtly...i.e.subtle enough for the rabbits to pick up on it and not the carnies (urinating into the wind, methinks, but you never know).

The worst case scenario would be if the carnies get a council majority, or at least persuasive player to sway the voting badly then we'll lose more rabbits - potentially good 'uns.

However, since all communication will be done in the open the only people with something to fear from this will be the carnies.

I don't think Deek would allow a dead player to choose. Especially one who knows stuff;)

The main problem with rotating the 2 party idea is that it requires 8 players and the overall number of players will be shrinking so it could run into problems after a few days. That is why I like the smaller scale idea better, the only thing is that we have to find a rotation method that gives everyone a chance but can't be influenced by the baddies (by killing a council member for the following day). Maybe if it got up and running I could PM Deek a sort of rotation list and he could post who is on the council at the start of each day??? That way will keep the 'Carnies' guessing who will be on the following days council.

At least some folk can see merit in the general idea and the fact it should cut down the Carnies chances of working as a pack on the thread. There is the argument that this will cut down the clues they leave, but can anyone actually remember a game where we have nailed the bad guys based on voting patterns? They usually mix up their voting patterns and we end up clutching at straws. For that reason, in my view, the council can't be any worse than our usual tactic of sitting and waiting to see what happens. At the very least it will give us more focus and there is a chance, however slim it may seem to some, that it could actually work very well in outing the Carnivores.

I don't think Deek would allow a dead player to choose. Especially one who knows stuff;)

I deliberately didn't mention Bev (though t'was her I had in mind as the carnies would moan if we let Armiya do it due to his knowledge of goodliness) just to see if any of 'em would come on and moan about that suggestion.

I remember the problem with the idea last time was that those suggested were thought of as dodgy - that's why I suspect the rest of the rabbits might balk at either of you or I being involved. I've no problem with that - as long as I can have my say as to who and why I think is dodgy.

thanks for that boof, but to be honest i wouldn't want to do it...

wouldn't be a good idea anyhoo, as folk would think i was perhaps trying to bugger up the good guys chances for being first to be made into stew

they'd be right too

i'd subconsciously look for revenge, but conversely, wanting a wabbit defeat, but having been one myself may over rule the need for vengence on my own kind who turned on me, might have over-ridden the need for vengence, and led me to help the good guys

The thing is even if people think we are dodgy we only get our say on the council for a day before it moves on, so in effect this gives everyone a say while lessening the baddies chances to manipulate as a pack, what's not to like if you are a fluffy? Even if people are thinking 'hey, what if the council for the day has a bad guy on it, or even two' well equally you could argue that there are still 3 members of ARs group in there (who KNOW of one other innocent player) and the badger among the player list, these guys will get on their chance on the council aswell. What exactly have we got to lose from giving this a go?

If my idea get's the nod here is my list (based on an order of rotation) for the first ever (daily) Watershed council;

Sooperstar

Jambolad

Commander Harris

H27

Yup, i can live with that - even if it does have the dodgy (to me - everyone else make up your own minds) H27 aboard :D

So council (if most are in agreement with them being it) get debating.

Remember though - all debate will have to be in public...we're not allowed to PM, email, phone, text, semaphore etc.

Everyone else seems to be communicating by telepathy today, is that allowed?

If I find out who is I will Mod Kill them. :cool:

You want to debate me?
No, you are nominated for the first council, you have to work with the 3 other players I named to decide upon a lynch target for today and put your case to the rest of us. You can't vote for anyone else on the council. Basically you are now part of a team for a day that has to discuss and come to an agreement, in the open, over who to bump off.

This is an alternative to just throwing vote here there and everywhere.

No, you are nominated for the first council, you have to work with the 3 other players I named to decide upon a lynch target for today and put your case to the rest of us. You can't vote for anyone else on the council. Basically you are now part of a team for a day that has to discuss and come to an agreement, in the open, over who to bump off.

This is an alternative to just throwing vote here there and everywhere.

I see, my guy instinct said vote for you but im known for not being right.

JT Nut is another suspicion of mine and i think thats who i will go for but im not making any decisions yet.:blah::blah::blah:

Right I've had a read through from yesterdays events. Not good to have lost AR. I've read and re-read his posts and can't find anything stand out in them so I reckon the carnies have just struck lucky. Not good losing Bev either who is a good player. Some of the votes for her were a bit unexplained. It leaves one player in my target zone.

The council idea seems fair enough. I have to say yesterday I did have reservations that OEW could be bad guy leading us into a cunning plan but I've had a re-think on that. I'll give it a go...but what happens if the council can't agree on a name?

Right I've had a read through from yesterdays events. Not good to have lost AR. I've read and re-read his posts and can't find anything stand out in them so I reckon the carnies have just struck lucky. Not good losing Bev either who is a good player. Some of the votes for her were a bit unexplained. It leaves one player in my target zone.

The council idea seems fair enough. I have to say yesterday I did have reservations that OEW could be bad guy leading us into a cunning plan but I've had a re-think on that. I'll give it a go...but what happens if the council can't agree on a name?

Of course it'll rely on people backing it to work, I hope we can make it work. There have not been enough posts to really gauge whether it will be a success or not. The key to the whole idea is the council MUST work together and therfore not vote for one of the council members, if they can at least between them provide a reasoned suspect list then that is a starting point and better than going about things in slapdash fashion like usually happens.

The whole point is to give everyone, even the quieter ones, a chance to air their view and have the chance to get some solid backing which usually does not happen. We have seen in past games many lone voices trying to pipe up and convince people to vote for a paticular player with good reason only to find eveyone ignores them and we end up with a split vote or a bandwagon for a non poster etc. By grouping four people together and making them work as a team we should hopefully avoid silly bandwagons as the council will (all going well) eventually work as a block vote. With any luck this will open the floor to some logic and if there are bandwagons they might have some good reason behind them for once.

The fact H27, who is on the council, is drawing suspicion could be the first test, it might give him the chance to prevent another aimless bandwagon and provide a proper defence?

Oh well... It's not often we catch a goon on the first day anyway.

This post sticks out like a sore thumb to me.

It feels like a goon trying to get a post in after a bad lynching. It just doesn't ring true to me. And he voted for Bev quite late on.

Vote Cesnauskis+10

I like your plan 1 eye. So basically now just have to see what the chosen days council think.

not much happening until the council give us their wisdom

unvote jtnut

vote yvonne

Any reason or just because I like the council idea?

I will wait off voting until I see what the council idea come up with.

Any reason or just because I like the council idea?

I will wait off voting until I see what the council idea come up with.

no reason, just see what happens, i'll change once there is someone else to go for...

been away from this game for what seems years, so im trying to play catch up with the roles and how to spot the baddies, never even read the old games to try and get a gist of players styles and looking back to what roles they had, so i will await others on the council idea before making my mind up, as i spot a nice carrot to be eaten.

Archived