Official Golf geeks gibber thread

Victorian

21 minutes ago, Jeff said:

I escaped with a burnt neck but aye there was some shockers out there

Cooling wind of the Firth caught many out. Stewart Cinks pus was white with sunscreen...he know's the drill...👻

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, OBE said:

Cooling wind of the Firth caught many out. Stewart Cinks pus was white with sunscreen...he know's the drill...👻

Aye but his heeds whiter than me 😂

rossaldinho

Thought I'd manage to avoid getting burnt but woke up this morning like a feckin' lobster.

Cracking day yesterday, totally different seeing these guys in person than on the TV. Looking forward to this Sunday even more now! Just hoping we can get into St Andrews easy enough.

Yaaaassss...:jambobanana: Happens to the best also. Good listening to Xander explaining when he was setting up for a draw and it would fade and vice versa

Pasquale for King

Going to up to St Andrews on Thursday, travel issues aside I can’t wait and watching the preview stuff is just fantastic. 

Pasquale for King

Any idea who this is in between Els and O’Meara? Can’t see Ben Curtis but it doesn’t look like him. 

1A36C0CE-9EB1-40C5-A724-8AFAA9FE32BC.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Any idea who this is in between Els and O’Meara? Can’t see Ben Curtis but it doesn’t look like him. 

A leaner Todd Hamilton?...beefier in 2004...

Edited by OBE

William H. Bonney
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

It's Bill Rodgers. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, OBE said:

A leaner Todd Hamilton?...beefier in 2004...

Good shout, strange if it’s not him and why he’s not there. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Tommy Brown

Boss called me earlier to give me his Hospitality ticket for tomorrow. (free day off work, too😀)

Never been to the Open before (other than as a 5yo at Carnoustie, practice round with Peter Thompson, '68)

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Boss called me earlier to give me his Hospitality ticket for tomorrow. (free day off work, too😀)

Never been to the Open before (other than as a 5yo at Carnoustie, practice round with Peter Thompson, '68)

You will love it 

36 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Plenty lotion on Tommy and take your own scran, cheaper and saves standing in queues...enjoy! 👍

hmfc_liam06

Bryson taking irons off some tees, looks like he's taking the unpredictable run outs out of play.

Not helping much mind you :lol:

Pasquale for King
14 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Bryson taking irons off some tees, looks like he's taking the unpredictable run outs out of play.

Not helping much mind you :lol:

Was good to see him and a few others playing their last Opens today. 

Samuel Camazzola
6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Was good to see him and a few others playing their last Opens today. 

Not quite regarding Bryson. Whatever happens with the pending litigation, US Open wins comes with a five year exemption to play in the Open. 

DJ, Koepka, Oosthuizen, Reed and Mickelson will all carry a host of live exemptions amongst others. 

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Not quite regarding Bryson. Whatever happens with the pending litigation, US Open wins comes with a five year exemption to play in the Open. 

DJ, Koepka, Oosthuizen, Reed and Mickelson will all carry a host of live exemptions amongst others. 

Yeah I knew I was stretching that a bit for comedic effect. 
Poulter booed again today on the first tee. 
Have to say all the LIV stuff spoilt it a bit for me yesterday, wasn’t interested in seeing any of them. I’ve loved Sergio for decades and i was looking at him feeling sad and a little bit of disgust. 
Definitely less folk watching them and not cheering/clapping them as much when I did catch them. 

HeartsandonlyHearts

Coming home for a two week visit in October. Looking to take my son in-law on his first links experience. Start him of with the Braids which back in the day was my old hunting ground. 
Any recommendations greatly appreciated for somewhere public down the coast south of Edinburgh. Looking on Google I see, Archerfield Links, Glen Golf club and Dunbar. Anyone got any input or where to try/go?

Thanks in advance.

Samuel Camazzola
8 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Coming home for a two week visit in October. Looking to take my son in-law on his first links experience. Start him of with the Braids which back in the day was my old hunting ground. 
Any recommendations greatly appreciated for somewhere public down the coast south of Edinburgh. Looking on Google I see, Archerfield Links, Glen Golf club and Dunbar. Anyone got any input or where to try/go?

Thanks in advance.

Gullane 2 and 3. You'll get shoulder season rates on two cracking courses that will be in tip top condition. 👌🏼 👍 

HeartsandonlyHearts
6 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Gullane 2 and 3. You'll get shoulder season rates on two cracking courses that will be in tip top condition. 👌🏼 👍 

Awesome!! Thanks.

spirt of 98
On 15/07/2022 at 14:19, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah I knew I was stretching that a bit for comedic effect. 
Poulter booed again today on the first tee. 
Have to say all the LIV stuff spoilt it a bit for me yesterday, wasn’t interested in seeing any of them. I’ve loved Sergio for decades and i was looking at him feeling sad and a little bit of disgust. 
Definitely less folk watching them and not cheering/clapping them as much when I did catch them. 

Why are you such a PGA fanboy? 

These guys have chosen to play LIV as it suits them. I am sure you choose where you work. 

Note the players who back PGA are the ones that have been looked after by the Rory and Tiger. 

4 hours ago, spirt of 98 said:

These guys have chosen to play LIV as it suits them. I am sure you choose where you work. 

Note the players who back PGA are the ones that have been looked after by the Rory and Tiger. 

Yeh you choose where to work but you don’t leave your job go to a competitor and then want your old job back while still working for your competitor They choose to go and play at LIV so they should stick to it 

don’t get your last point who have been looked after by Tiger and the Rory?

Pasquale for King
10 hours ago, spirt of 98 said:

I’m not particularly but of these any of these greedy money grabbing ****s ruin the European Ryder Cup team they might not be ready for the abuse they will receive, if they ever get the play the Open again. 
As for LIV or any other oppressive regime sport washing I’m generally against that. 

29 minutes ago, kila said:

So he is quitting something that no longer exists

edgy 😂😂

William H. Bonney
6 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Stenson joining LIV with immediate effect. Will be stripped of Ryder Cup Captaincy as a result.

Wow. 

27 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Stenson joining LIV with immediate effect. Will be stripped of Ryder Cup Captaincy as a result.

'dream come true'

Then jumps at the money and destroys that dream...

Samuel Camazzola
29 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Cam Smith added a few tens of millions to his signing on fee too. 

spirt of 98
On 17/07/2022 at 11:52, merrymac said:

Yeh you choose where to work but you don’t leave your job go to a competitor and then want your old job back while still working for your competitor They choose to go and play at LIV so they should stick to it 

don’t get your last point who have been looked after by Tiger and the Rory?

Ian sure golfers are self employed and should be free to join ply their trade where ever they like. 

I missed out PGA. Tiger and Rory are poster boys for the PGA they have made millions from PGA direct sponsorship and endorsements Tiger Woods PGA on Xbox / PlayStation etc Rory’s the same. 

spirt of 98

Tigers point about players making money and having no reason to practice with no cuts.

what did his 35 million a year soo worship for Nike do? Did that mean he had to grind to pay the bills. All laughable. 

LIV will improve golf the PGA just don’t like the fact they might have to modernise to compete. 

Pasquale for King
47 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

Tigers point about players making money and having no reason to practice with no cuts.

what did his 35 million a year soo worship for Nike do? Did that mean he had to grind to pay the bills. All laughable. 

LIV will improve golf the PGA just don’t like the fact they might have to modernise to compete. 

You are absolutely clueless about golf tbh, you should have to earn the kind of money Woods has made, he certainly has by practicing so hard and pushing his body to the limits well before the crash. He helped make the current crop of golfers as rich as they are, LIV golf will not help the game as much as he has. 

spirt of 98
21 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You are absolutely clueless about golf tbh, you should have to earn the kind of money Woods has made, he certainly has by practicing so hard and pushing his body to the limits well before the crash. He helped make the current crop of golfers as rich as they are, LIV golf will not help the game as much as he has. 

I’d hardly say I am clueless about golf having played off single figures for 30 years.

I have an opinion you don’t agree with which does not make me right or wrong.

My point about Tiger Woods is that since he turned pro he never have to grind to make money his endorsements arrived quickly and meant he never had to grind to make money. He did that purely as he was driven to be the best. He did however get handed wealth beyond measure as soon as he turned pro. 

I used to be very traditional towards my golf but I am now open to see what the LIV tour does for the game. 

The PGA have a cheek as they are a monopoly now. I recently realised the European Tour has become the DP World Tour run by guess who the PGA tour. Everyone has to jump to their tune as they are the cash cow in town and they don’t like it when another alternative tour that they can’t bully comes along. 

Did the European Tour take the huff with Faldo, Sevy, Wosnam and co when they all decided to play most of their golf on the PGA tour no of course not. The PGA tour is just a bully. Let LIV do their thing and the PGA can do theirs. No harm done. 

spirt of 98
19 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m not particularly but of these any of these greedy money grabbing ****s ruin the European Ryder Cup team they might not be ready for the abuse they will receive, if they ever get the play the Open again. 
As for LIV or any other oppressive regime sport washing I’m generally against that. 

Why would they ruin the Ryder Cup team surely it will be the DP World tor ruining it by banning them. 

Players used to be able to play on European Tour or PGA and qualify why can’t players on LIV to be extended this opportunity oh yeah because bully PGA won’t allow it. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, spirt of 98 said:

I’d hardly say I am clueless about golf having played off single figures for 30 years.

I have an opinion you don’t agree with which does not make me right or wrong.

My point about Tiger Woods is that since he turned pro he never have to grind to make money his endorsements arrived quickly and meant he never had to grind to make money. He did that purely as he was driven to be the best. He did however get handed wealth beyond measure as soon as he turned pro. 

I used to be very traditional towards my golf but I am now open to see what the LIV tour does for the game. 

The PGA have a cheek as they are a monopoly now. I recently realised the European Tour has become the DP World Tour run by guess who the PGA tour. Everyone has to jump to their tune as they are the cash cow in town and they don’t like it when another alternative tour that they can’t bully comes along. 

Did the European Tour take the huff with Faldo, Sevy, Wosnam and co when they all decided to play most of their golf on the PGA tour no of course not. The PGA tour is just a bully. Let LIV do their thing and the PGA can do theirs. No harm done. 

As a fellow low handicapper I find your ignorance of what it takes to be a top golfer and stay there alarming. 
Im in no way supporting the PGA tour or the Dubai Ports tour who have had tournaments in Saudi, Russia and a few other dodgy places, including where both are based. 
I can’t see how LIV are going to help the game grow by having some top golfers playing against lesser lights with no pressure. How is this going to help the game? Dubai for instance have courses but it’s not popular with locals, just folk with cash to go and play. The world doesn’t really need anymore golf courses to be honest. 
Will LIV be happy if their players are playing in the majors or other big tournaments if there’s a clash with their tournaments. 
As I said my big problem is what happens with the Ryder Cup and to a lesser extent the Open, where having to see these LIV players really soured the experience when I was there last Thursday. 
Hooefully it can all be sorted but I can’t see Norman being a part of that. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

Why would they ruin the Ryder Cup team surely it will be the DP World tor ruining it by banning them. 

Players used to be able to play on European Tour or PGA and qualify why can’t players on LIV to be extended this opportunity oh yeah because bully PGA won’t allow it. 

As Billy Horschel pointed out you have to play 15 tournaments to be a member of the PGA or DP, add in their 14 LIV tournaments then that’s 29 tournaments which is more than they play now. They said they were moving to play less golf. You can’t make exceptions for them, the current members wouldn’t be happy. 
They could lower it to ten, would LIV do the same or be happy with their handful of big names playing the other tours?

Pasquale for King

Paul Casey, UNICEF Ambassador who refused to play in Saudi but has now changed his mind before signing up to the Harem globetrotters. has said that players have said that they could play en masse at some events on the Asian tour to get WRPs. 

To the club chucker on the 4th at Harburn GC, yesterday. When I witnessed the fairway metal flying through the air at an estimated distance of 40 yards, I thought I was seeing things. When the club was airborne, it was whole. Landing on the baked fairway, the head snapped from the shaft, we did laugh...:biggrin2: hope it was expensive. The youngster in your group shouldn't be subjected to such **** behaviour...

39 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Paul Casey, UNICEF Ambassador who refused to play in Saudi but has now changed his mind before signing up to the Harem globetrotters. has said that players have said that they could play en masse at some events on the Asian tour to get WRPs. 

Join the tour to play less events and be with family more.

Cry about being booted out of the DP world tour.

Join the Asian tour.

Definitely not about the money

Pasquale for King
47 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Join the tour to play less events and be with family more.

Cry about being booted out of the DP world tour.

Join the Asian tour.

Definitely not about the money

All a bit distasteful and grubby really. 

1 hour ago, OBE said:

To the club chucker on the 4th at Harburn GC, yesterday. When I witnessed the fairway metal flying through the air at an estimated distance of 40 yards, I thought I was seeing things. When the club was airborne, it was whole. Landing on the baked fairway, the head snapped from the shaft, we did laugh...:biggrin2: hope it was expensive. The youngster in your group shouldn't be subjected to such **** behaviour...

Why why why do folk feel the need to do such things.

There's a belter of a story coming out from the Scottish Boys at Edzell last week, the dad of the runner up caused chaos on the 18th green after his son lost as he had photos of the winners dad filling up his sons water bottle earlier in the round from a water fountain and was calling on the boy to be disqualified as he was 'aiding a competitor', he waited until the 18th green to call over the referee.  Erse.  There were multiple complaint about the same guys behaviour all through the round, talking and moving when the other lad was hitting, standing in the lines of his drives and he had to be asked to move 8 times from the referee.

20 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Why why why do folk feel the need to do such things.

There's a belter of a story coming out from the Scottish Boys at Edzell last week, the dad of the runner up caused chaos on the 18th green after his son lost as he had photos of the winners dad filling up his sons water bottle earlier in the round from a water fountain and was calling on the boy to be disqualified as he was 'aiding a competitor', he waited until the 18th green to call over the referee.  Erse.  There were multiple complaint about the same guys behaviour all through the round, talking and moving when the other lad was hitting, standing in the lines of his drives and he had to be asked to move 8 times from the referee.

Name & shame...:confused:

2 minutes ago, OBE said:

Name & shame...:confused:

I couldn't possibly.  But if you golf down in East Lothian, you will be well aware of the family.

1 minute ago, Armageddon said:

I couldn't possibly.  But if you golf down in East Lothian, you will be well aware of the family.

Cool...:thumb: