Official Golf geeks gibber thread

Victorian

Guys,

normally a left to right hitter and nowhere near as severe as it used to be but what causes a duck hook. Getting so frequesnt these days that it's p*ssing me right off. Was going well on Saturday until that happened, over correctly to lose another ball with the said left to right in the semi rough (wish they would cut it now and then!!!!)

Didn't bother playing Sunday's medal as feel so peeved at knowing that this Duck Hook can hit me anytime - MIND GAMES AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Disser Pointon

Guys,

normally a left to right hitter and nowhere near as severe as it used to be but what causes a duck hook. Getting so frequesnt these days that it's p*ssing me right off. Was going well on Saturday until that happened, over correctly to lose another ball with the said left to right in the semi rough (wish they would cut it now and then!!!!)

Didn't bother playing Sunday's medal as feel so peeved at knowing that this Duck Hook can hit me anytime - MIND GAMES AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH

Duck hook is usually caused by an in to out swing path. Try either pulling your laft foot back a bit to open your stance or take the club away on a more outside swing plane, it will feel as if you are pushing it away from your body. You might find you shove or slice a few until you get the correct balanace between the 2.

Im not a member of any clubs nor have a handicap, but have been out recently with my brother-inlaw(6 handicap) and his friends (also in the same winter league team as him.)WHOOPED HIM AND ALL HIS MATES...... since this he has always been to busy to go out for another game with me. FUNNY THAT..... GET IT UP YE.... LOL

Duck hook is usually caused by an in to out swing path. Try either pulling your laft foot back a bit to open your stance or take the club away on a more outside swing plane, it will feel as if you are pushing it away from your body. You might find you shove or slice a few until you get the correct balanace between the 2.

Cheers, I think because I normally have a (slight) slice, I over compensate and therefore a Duck Hook. Will just have to settle for the slice then as at least I find that one, even if in the semi. Or pratice more, but who does that!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Played Kilspindie at aberlady today and it was fantastic. Great little course, good test and the weather was brilliant. Might be the last day like this of 2011. Made the most of it and my 19 handicapper partner had a 3 net 2 down the par 4 last when we were dormie up.

Food in the clubhouse was good.

If you haven't played there.. Do so.

Playing Dunbar tomorow. Really nice course. Played it in the summer. I expect it to be abit chillier and windier than then. Im looking to break 100 which is reasonable. Shot 102 the last time but had a horrendus start on the first 3 holes of the front and back 9.

Playing Dunbar tomorow. Really nice course. Played it in the summer. I expect it to be abit chillier and windier than then. Im looking to break 100 which is reasonable. Shot 102 the last time but had a horrendus start on the first 3 holes of the front and back 9.

Dunbar is a great course. Advice .. keep it in the middle, if you have to hit a 5 wood off the tee do it.. If you are down the middle on every hole you will easily break 90. I promise.

Yeah I loved it when I played in July. I got it on a calm day. Boy I was playing with says you get about 2 days a year with no wind and this was one of them.

You play Haddington alot Bigsmak?

I played this morning and shot 93.

Main problem I have is I can get to the green in 2 shots, or just off the edge in 2 shots most hole but im shocking around the greens. Pitching and putting.

Yeah I loved it when I played in July. I got it on a calm day. Boy I was playing with says you get about 2 days a year with no wind and this was one of them.

You play Haddington alot Bigsmak?

I played this morning and shot 93.

Main problem I have is I can get to the green in 2 shots, or just off the edge in 2 shots most hole but im shocking around the greens. Pitching and putting.

Pitching and putting..

Putting is the easiest thing to practice.. you can really improve in just 30 mins...

Pitching.. I am rubbish at it, I need to practice.. thats the only way to do it.

Haven't played haddington for ages.. Always happy to have an invite.

My invite is still open to folk who want a game at gullane. Had one organised on here with a few but some pulled out.

shot 104.

Had a shocking outward 9 in scoring 56 and got home in 48. Putting is what kills me though. Must have had about 12 3 putts.

shot 104.

Had a shocking outward 9 in scoring 56 and got home in 48. Putting is what kills me though. Must have had about 12 3 putts.

Had an 85 on Sunday, not great, a few 3 putts and also a ball stolen by a crow!!!!!!

Had an 85 on Sunday, not great, a few 3 putts and also a ball stolen by a crow!!!!!!

lol.. saw that a few times over the years... Pesky crows..

-----------

So what does everyone think of the new rules coming into play this January?

1. being the ball moved by wind on putting green will not count as a shot even if you have addressed it.

2. you can rake a bunker before you play a shot (but not to improve your lie..) -I'll need to read this one fully.

There are a few more.. but these ones are pretty big.

lol.. saw that a few times over the years... Pesky crows..

-----------

So what does everyone think of the new rules coming into play this January?

1. being the ball moved by wind on putting green will not count as a shot even if you have addressed it.

2. you can rake a bunker before you play a shot (but not to improve your lie..) -I'll need to read this one fully.

There are a few more.. but these ones are pretty big.

The first one is fair enough. A rule thats in place that penalizes a golfer for something through no fault of his own.

The second one I really cant fathom. I dont see the point in raking a bunker before you play your shot if it isnt going to improve your lie?

The first one is fair enough. A rule thats in place that penalizes a golfer for something through no fault of his own.

The second one I really cant fathom. I dont see the point in raking a bunker before you play your shot if it isnt going to improve your lie?

I think if you are in a bunker, one of the big ones at Gullane for example, and it has footprints everywhere you can rake them, so when you don't get your ball out first time and it comes back into the bunker it will help.

I will add though, that its a hazard, not just a bunker...

Disser Pointon

My invite is still open to folk who want a game at gullane. Had one organised on here with a few but some pulled out.

I'd probably be up for that sometime this month, member at Monktonhall but dont get much winter golf there.

• 4 weeks later...
The Old Tolbooth

Really sorry guys but Im still out working and had to drive about to get a decent signal to post to let you know, just about to leave west lothian to drive home. I should be ok for tomorrow night of thats ok tho, be about ten pm tho.

Really sorry guys but Im still out working and had to drive about to get a decent signal to post to let you know, just about to leave west lothian to drive home. I should be ok for tomorrow night of thats ok tho, be about ten pm tho.

07.png

Wrong 'GOLF' thread by any chance John???

The Old Tolbooth

07.png

:lol:

Apologies to the good people of this thread, that post was meant to be posted in the Golf Game thread, an easy mistake to make whilst posting on yer mobile phone from your car in pissing rain whilst trying to keep up a strong enough signal to get the thing sent :whistling:

:ninja:

:lol:

Apologies to the good people of this thread, that post was meant to be posted in the Golf Game thread, an easy mistake to make whilst posting on yer mobile phone from your car in pissing rain whilst trying to keep up a strong enough signal to get the thing sent :whistling:

:ninja:

I was wanting to know where the floodlit course was that we could be playing at 10... and why i wasn't invited! :thumbsup:

The Old Tolbooth

I was wanting to know where the floodlit course was that we could be playing at 10... and why i wasn't invited! :thumbsup:

I've a feeling I'm going to take a right old slagging over this one at the Xmas night out :lol:

next one u organize mate count me and Juanimator in allways happy for a round at Gullane

cheers

Guys,

it's not golfing weather at the moment (although I do play throughout the winter) but how about sorting 4balls prior to the season kicking off in April.

I'll invite Bigsmak to Haddington, so looking for 2 others from other clubs so we can all do a swap. Think it's a ?10 for a round with a member.

Any takers?

Disser Pointon

Guys,

it's not golfing weather at the moment (although I do play throughout the winter) but how about sorting 4balls prior to the season kicking off in April.

I'll invite Bigsmak to Haddington, so looking for 2 others from other clubs so we can all do a swap. Think it's a ?10 for a round with a member.

Any takers?

Always welcome to a game at Monktonhall.

Just to share it - got my first ever hole in one on Sunday. Doesn't half make you enjoy the rest of the round in the freezing cold!!!!!

Just to share it - got my first ever hole in one on Sunday. Doesn't half make you enjoy the rest of the round in the freezing cold!!!!!

Well done.. Much harder than a 147 or a 9 dart finish!

Disser Pointon

Yep - You at Gullane

Me at Haddington

Bleedsmaroon at Monktonhall

so 1 more

Depending who the 4th man is I would suggest Bigsmak is first up as host as Gullane will be in better early season nick than either Musselburgh or Haddington.

Depending who the 4th man is I would suggest Bigsmak is first up as host as Gullane will be in better early season nick than either Musselburgh or Haddington.

I'm good with that.. Gullane is in as good a condition as anywhere in the UK right now.. It is a delight to play.

What about scots civil war.. he is at the Glen.. Thats a good course to play in the winter as well.

Disser Pointon

I'm good with that.. Gullane is in as good a condition as anywhere in the UK right now.. It is a delight to play.

What about scots civil war.. he is at the Glen.. Thats a good course to play in the winter as well.

Chuck a PM at him then! Never played the Glen so would be up for that.

Well done.. Much harder than a 147 or a 9 dart finish!

In my opinion i would say a nine dart finish is the hardest out of the lot. why i think its harder than a hole in one is an amatuer could get a generous run hop and skip up to the hole and pop in the hole it goes. Seen it nearly done a couple of times and its always the worst hit ever lol. I play darts quite often and its hard enough to hit one 180 never mind two in a row and so on, an amatuer could never achieve this. But thats just my opinion obviously no right and wrong.

scots civil war

ok lads,havent been in here for a while.........you want to have a game at the glen ? thats no probs,when would you like to play?

pm me for more details on your availability,cheers

Disser Pointon

ok lads,havent been in here for a while.........you want to have a game at the glen ? thats no probs,when would you like to play?

pm me for more details on your availability,cheers

Suggest we look towards mid to late February depending on the weather, start off with Gullane and the Glen in either order with Haddington and Monktonhall afterwards?

Played No.1 yesterday.. Course was in great condition. Not much wind, a little chilly.... But really enjoyed it...

Can't believe how good the greens were!"

Disser Pointon

Played No.1 yesterday.. Course was in great condition. Not much wind, a little chilly.... But really enjoyed it...

Can't believe how good the greens were!"

As far December golf goes, you wont get much better than we had on Sunday, I even managed to bash a few holes out at Monktonhall with the eldest boy. Safe to say I wasn't expecting that when I went to my bed on Saturday night, incredible overnight transformation!

I was up at the braids on sunday and it was great. They have linked the two course together, it was really refreshing and a joy to play.

• 3 weeks later...

was meant to tee off at 8.30. god damn it this has ruined my whole day!!!!!

I actually went for a game today at carrick in this wynd :silly: played 9 holes hit 2 birdies and ended up with a 42. was hitting monster drives and it was only going 180 200 yards :veryangry2:

I actually went for a game today at carrick in this wynd :silly: played 9 holes hit 2 birdies and ended up with a 42. was hitting monster drives and it was only going 180 200 yards :veryangry2:

I was on a 540yrd par 5 with a drive and a wedge on a windy day before... its bonkers!

Would not have gone to play today.. thats just silly

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Official Golf geeks gibber thread