Official Golf geeks gibber thread

Victorian

2 hours ago, merrymac said:

Played it a number of times, good track, tough course in places, with a number of very good holes.

Struggled in the past with condition of greens but have now got that sorted.

Well worth a visit in my opinion.

Enjoy.

Nice one. Definitely another off the bucket list.

Aiming to play a good few quality courses during the off season. Hopefully we have a pretty mild winter.

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Nice one. Definitely another off the bucket list.

Aiming to play a good few quality courses during the off season. Hopefully we have a pretty mild winter.

Excellent

Interested to know what you think of it

Samuel Camazzola

Fast start from Tiger at The BMW. - 6 after nine holes - out in 29! The old putter is back in the bag. 

... Make that - 7 through 10!

Edited by Samuel Camazzola
Update

Played a bounce game tonight with my mate, went out in 29! -5 , started with 4 straight birdies, then birdied the 6th. 

Walked onto the 10th and was 5 off the tee ? managed a 7 though . 

Came back in +4. ?‍♂️

72 Scratch today and walked off the course raging with myself.  Only holed 1 putt longer than 4 foot and 3 putted 4 times, including the last.  Playing such good golf but when you miss a 3 foot putt on the last for a level par 71 in a big competition, and are now in 2nd place on the inward 9... 

O well - next week! 

3 hours ago, Bigsmak said:

72 Scratch today and walked off the course raging with myself.  Only holed 1 putt longer than 4 foot and 3 putted 4 times, including the last.  Playing such good golf but when you miss a 3 foot putt on the last for a level par 71 in a big competition, and are now in 2nd place on the inward 9... 

O well - next week! 

So I take it all the good JKB tips are working then:thumbsup:

4 hours ago, Bigsmak said:

O well - next week! 

Despite a -2 round today, putting was my downfall, could have been so much more.

Inside 6 foot was spot on but anything over was appalling. 15 footers and leaving myself 5 or 6 foot short!

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

PGA Centenary today ?????? Hard as F.

6C2857FA-1196-4BBF-9445-72D0D6402311.jpeg

I played it last year and it was tremendous. A joy to play on. A few folk have said they prefer the King's and Queen's so I'll need to give them a shot. 

I played Burntisland for the first time recently. Quite quirky and not the longest but still enjoyable. 

The tees were a bit rutted and the fairways a touch on the long side. The greens had been hollow-tined and cored which was a bit disappointing as it seemed quite early to carry this work out. Perhaps the wet spell of weather brought it forward. 

12 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I played it last year and it was tremendous. A joy to play on. A few folk have said they prefer the King's and Queen's so I'll need to give them a shot. 

I played Burntisland for the first time recently. Quite quirky and not the longest but still enjoyable. 

The tees were a bit rutted and the fairways a touch on the long side. The greens had been hollow-tined and cored which was a bit disappointing as it seemed quite early to carry this work out. Perhaps the wet spell of weather brought it forward. 

A few courses have started doing it in August as they reckon it's the best time to do it.

Hoping Liberton's aren't!

1 hour ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

Easiest (and weakest) course of the 3 IMO. Still a decent track though.

I’m a fan of the Queens myself, plenty outstanding holes.  It’s near enough the perfect golf experience, the clubhouse plus sauna are amazing!

19 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Must be making a tidy sum punting that Titleist gear with the courses you're playing lately :lol:

Hahaha it's been a good year for golf, Old Course, both Fairmont courses, The Dukes, Craigielaw, Gullane 2 & 3, both Archerfield courses, Kilspindie, Kingsbarns, PGA Centenery ... and I've got Carnoustie and the Ryder Cup still to come :)

Excited to be having a go with this over the weekend, their driving irons are unbelievably good, hopefully this lives up to the hype and I can add it to the bag. 

C08B8AFC-3B7F-438C-AF5B-1B3E2296B461.jpeg

Samuel Camazzola
59 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Excited to be having a go with this over the weekend, their driving irons are unbelievably good, hopefully this lives up to the hype and I can add it to the bag. 

A couple of the guys who have the You Tube channels tested and reviewed this recently and raved about its performance. Up against the market leaders (Callaway, TM) they said the numbers were up there if not better. The paintwork on the crown is classy too. 

5 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

A couple of the guys who have the You Tube channels tested and reviewed this recently and raved about its performance. Up against the market leaders (Callaway, TM) they said the numbers were up there if not better. The paintwork on the crown is classy too. 

Aye, I’ve seen them , well the rick shiels and crossfield ones anyway. 

Looks good, I still use the original xhot driver, be interesting to see if I notice any difference, xhot must be around 6 years old I’d imagine. 

Disser Pointon
10 hours ago, Armageddon said:

I’m a fan of the Queens myself, plenty outstanding holes.  It’s near enough the perfect golf experience, the clubhouse plus sauna are amazing!

Queens is good and not the easy course people make it out to be especially from the back tees. Kings is the toughest test. We've had corporate membership there for 4 years now and I've maybe started to take it for granted a bit but still l love going. 

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, Irufushi said:

Aye, I’ve seen them , well the rick shiels and crossfield ones anyway. 

Looks good, I still use the original xhot driver, be interesting to see if I notice any difference, xhot must be around 6 years old I’d imagine. 

You'll have more than enough in your season's account or vouchers to pick one up if it works for you. Probably enough for the 3 wood too! 

7 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Hahaha it's been a good year for golf, Old Course, both Fairmont courses, The Dukes, Craigielaw, Gullane 2 & 3, both Archerfield courses, Kilspindie, Kingsbarns, PGA Centenery ... and I've got Carnoustie and the Ryder Cup still to come :)

Nice! It's actually been a disappointing year for me in terms of new or elite courses played. Need to rectify that over the winter.

Stumbled on a bit of form the now, hit a 65 last Thurs, 66 on Sunday and then 63 tonight. Should get a 1.2 cut and down to 17.5. Delighted.

On 13/09/2018 at 17:31, Irufushi said:

Bought! Get it next week, very impressive performance, forgiveness is superb. Rrp is 349, sold it at 299 to me plus had a voucher and got 50 for my old xhot. New driver for 149 quid. 

Happy days! 

Liberton cracking as usual. Despite the rain, the greens were still running very quick.

39 points not enough to get the win with the bandits in my society :lol:

Played the whole medal season so far without anything worse than double bogey.    Then managed to smash that by having a quad-bogey 8 yesterday.   Also bogeys at 4 of the easier holes.   Missed the buffer by 1,  naturally.    

Played my first medal since June yesterday. 40 points, out in 22 points with a blob. Today wasn't much cop with the wind but glad to just get back out playing again. See if I can squeeze back down into the 3.something handicaps

Samuel Camazzola
4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Hoping Rose gets his act together here. 

Rose needs something special on 18 to get a sniff of the 10 mil. 

Samuel Camazzola
12 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

The greatest sporting comeback of all time. Magic! :pleasing:

Unbelievable scenes! The gallery on 18 was something else. 

Well played from Rose to get the birdie on 18 to secure the FedEx. 

This is the start of Tiger winning again. A major looks likely in 2019!

Brilliant for the guy.. might up attendance at the tours as well.. 

On my front.. got beat twice this week on the 19th hole in the last two knockouts of the season..

Think I'm going to reduce the amount of golf I'm playing and try to hit the gym a lot more so that come march next year I'll a lot fitter for the summer season... 

It's a good plan I think ... 

1 hour ago, Bigsmak said:

Brilliant for the guy.. might up attendance at the tours as well.. 

On my front.. got beat twice this week on the 19th hole in the last two knockouts of the season..

Think I'm going to reduce the amount of golf I'm playing and try to hit the gym a lot more so that come march next year I'll a lot fitter for the summer season... 

It's a good plan I think ... 

Was it yourself that had said they'd started running and it had a positive effect on their game? I've been doing a bit more exercise lately and I've seen an upturn in the golf, whether or not it's a coincidence I don't know but I do seem to be lasting the round better, not flagging come 15/16.

My run of cuts come to a halt yesterday with a net level par round. Happy enough with that though considering I've been chopped 2 strokes over the last 2 weeks.

19 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Was it yourself that had said they'd started running and it had a positive effect on their game? I've been doing a bit more exercise lately and I've seen an upturn in the golf, whether or not it's a coincidence I don't know but I do seem to be lasting the round better, not flagging come 15/16.

My run of cuts come to a halt yesterday with a net level par round. Happy enough with that though considering I've been chopped 2 strokes over the last 2 weeks.

That was me!! :)  I’m definitely longer and more consistent.