• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Samuel Camazzola
4 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Not bad last year, scores seemed fair , not many 40+. None of mine made whs.

Edit

Also played a seniors stableford in March. It never made whs either.

Previous year, top two leading scores with handicaps of 18 & 16 had 46 and 44 on their tallies. Both bandits from same club too... 

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Handicap cut by 2.3.

Do you have any counting rounds in positions 17 - 20? This is the cursor to know what will drop off and what would replace them. 

17 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

There may be mats getting used on occasion for the first time ever. 🙈 The courses will be on a two week rotation (but both opened for weekends) so should be in great nick if not saturated and day-trippers repair their pitch marks. 

Regarding the series, I never got around to fulfilling the rounds last year but from the one before, there was a host of bandit scores being posted. The guys running it confirmed they were ensuring the scores were being returned to the home clubs for them to count towards WHS as the players looked to have been avoiding this over the piece. 

The wetter winters mean more and more courses are moving to mats. It’s inevitable.

40 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Do you have any counting rounds in positions 17 - 20? This is the cursor to know what will drop off and what would replace them. 

I'm a bit thick bud, but ? :D

Samuel Camazzola
5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I'm a bit thick bud, but ? :D

The Scottish Golf app will display all your key details once you have it set up. All your rounds are there to see and numbered. The eight that contribute to your index are highlighted. 👍 

As an FYI, you have a 'soft limit' meaning your index can go up by 3 within a 12 month rolling period. Any increases above that are only applied at 50% to a maximum of 5 strokes (your 'hard limit'). 

It may seem confusing but it's pretty straight forward. 

7 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

The Scottish Golf app will display all your key details once you have it set up. All your rounds are there to see and numbered. The eight that contribute to your index are highlighted. 👍 

As an FYI, you have a 'soft limit' meaning your index can go up by 3 within a 12 month rolling period. Any increases above that are only applied at 50% to a maximum of 5 strokes (your 'hard limit'). 

It may seem confusing but it's pretty straight forward. 

👍 

Last year I was under par for my best combined holes.  I don't have that this year for some reason. 

Also I'm really disappointed the titles thing has stopped as my last round that counted was 1400 points and I beat it by 3 this time, I'd have gone top five at gleddoch with 2 more 1400 pointers. :(

My aim is 14 handicapper by next summer. I'm playing lately about 18 and getting cut, cut and cut again. Loving it, but I lost 5 strokes on the last 2 holes yesterday and pit me on 91 instead of 86. Raging.

Samuel Camazzola

👍

Last year I was under par for my best combined holes.  I don't have that this year for some reason. 

Also I'm really disappointed the titles thing has stopped as my last round that counted was 1400 points and I beat it by 3 this time, I'd have gone top five at gleddoch with 2 more 1400 pointers. :(

My aim is 14 handicapper by next summer. I'm playing lately about 18 and getting cut, cut and cut again. Loving it, but I lost 5 strokes on the last 2 holes yesterday and pit me on 91 instead of 86. Raging.

On the 14 handicap goal, break your round up into chunks of three holes. For each set of three, the target is to go through them in no worse than +2 gross. If you can achieve this, it'll get you round in +12. I host of these will have you on your way to your goal (or better). 👍 

36 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

On the 14 handicap goal, break your round up into chunks of three holes. For each set of three, the target is to go through them in no worse than +2 gross. If you can achieve this, it'll get you round in +12. I host of these will have you on your way to your goal (or better). 👍 

Cheers bud.👍

Prize giving and dinner at Dirleton Castle Golf Club tonight at the Gullane main clubhouse. Food was excellent. But sadly it was the first time in years I never even picked up a second place or anything. 

But the highlight of the night....  Ronan Rafferty was out guest speaker. He talked us through his Ryder cup appearance playing with Bernard Langer and winning his singles. He brought his replica Ryder cup. He talked about playing with Seve and him hitting wonder shots.  Mostly he talked about himself and golf.. but he give us about an hour and a half of great entertainment. 

Good night. In fact, brilliant night. 

First ever scramble.  1 under 71, net 63. Double bogey at the 17(12th) cost us. 

Labeled a bandit, anaw. Anaw. :rofl:

Samuel Camazzola
37 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

First ever scramble.  1 under 71, net 63. Double bogey at the 17(12th) cost us. 

Labeled a bandit, anaw. Anaw. :rofl:

A bogey in a scramble is unforgivable. A double....😳

6 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

A bogey in a scramble is unforgivable. A double....😳

It was a par 3 and the only player left to count their tee shot on it, put it in the trees, then put his provisional to 4 ft. Unfortunately we found his ball . It was unplayable,  so had to drop. We were inches away from saving a bogey. :(

Samuel Camazzola

It was a par 3 and the only player left to count their tee shot on it, put it in the trees, then put his provisional to 4 ft. Unfortunately we found his ball . It was unplayable,  so had to drop. We were inches away from saving a bogey. :(

Still criminal. 😂

Next time don't go and look for the ball.

6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

A double :rofl:

Time to evaluate your scramble team.

22 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Why the hell did you look for it? 

Thats us now preffered lies everywhere. Winter golf is here! I enjoy getting out on a Sunday morning still though. Its a good laugh and we do our own sweep.

Come April we will be playing to a slightly different playing handicap.

The are introducing a "Par -Course Rating" to your playing calc.

For my home course as an example

Currently

12.5 × 124/113 × 95% = 13.0

Our par - course rating 70-69.3 = 0.7

New Playing Handicap will be the current  13.0 less 0.7 = 12.3

This may affect handicaps the other way where the course rating is higher the par. It will add on the difference.

https://www.nationalclubgolfer.com/whs/world-handicap-system-2024-rules-of-handicapping/

Edited by Tommy Brown

Samuel Camazzola

It's looking to be a good finish to the World Tour Championship. Hovland leads but only four shots between 10 players going into the back 9.

1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

It's looking to be a good finish to the World Tour Championship. Hovland leads but only four shots between 10 players going into the back 9.

Wonder if Matt Wallce can emulate his 9 birdie finish like yesterday...back in 27...😲

Samuel Camazzola
10 minutes ago, OBE said:

Wonder if Matt Wallce can emulate his 9 birdie finish like yesterday...back in 27...😲

Different game altogether with these guys. 

He's just pitched it to within kick in distance for another birdie to keep in touch. 

2 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Different game altogether with these guys. 

He's just pitched it to within kick in distance for another birdie to keep in touch. 

Best battle for a long time, gonna bale out now, and watch it later this evening...meant to be graftin!..😄

joondalupjambo

Lundin GC just approved phase one of their next course changes and eco bunker implementation plan.  Changes not major just a few merging of bunkers, a removal of a few bunkers, the enlargement of greens by mowing out and the upgrading of a number of bunkers to eco ones.

Phase one covers specific holes with phases two and three covering the remaining holes.  Phase one commences December this year so safe to assume that some winter golf up until the opening of the season will include the need to use some winter greens. 

Bear that in mind if thinking of playing the course as a visitor and ask if all greens in use when booking.

30 minutes ago, Rudi Skacel said:

Might be a silly question. But what is an eco bunker?

Multiple layers of Polypropylene and Styrene Butadiene Rubber tiles, pre-impregnated with sand to form a revetment. We call them EcoTiles.

Google is your friend...:thumbsup:

Edited by OBE

19 minutes ago, John Goodman said:

So why are these bunkers eco friendly then? 

Eco revetted faced bunkers don't need mown...some courses have hundreds.

Edited by OBE

I think a few of us experience stupid golf dreams in our sleep.

Can't tee up ball, when you do you can't backswing or the shot has to go through a narrow doorway :lol:

You look for your ball, and literally find dozens just lying there.

New one last night, taking my bag out and notice 7i is out, I pick it up and then remember I need a new grip. The grip is all loose and torn.  

I mean "what the actual ****"

1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

I think a few of us experience stupid golf dreams in our sleep.

Can't tee up ball, when you do you can't backswing or the shot has to go through a narrow doorway :lol:

You look for your ball, and literally find dozens just lying there.

New one last night, taking my bag out and notice 7i is out, I pick it up and then remember I need a new grip. The grip is all loose and torn.  

I mean "what the actual ****"

:thumbsup:...Get that a lot TB. Teeing area is only 3 feet in depth...wall or fence restricting the back swing...

Luke Donald reappointed Captain for the 2025 Ryder Cup which will be held at what is sure to be a hostile Bethpage Black in New York.

Looking to get my youngest son, who is 6ft 1" tall a set of clubs for his Christmas. Best place to buy for him? Advice would be much appreciated. He will be 16 in July next year.

14 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Looking to get my youngest son, who is 6ft 1" tall a set of clubs for his Christmas. Best place to buy for him? Advice would be much appreciated. He will be 16 in July next year.

How good is he, is he keen? Don't buy new, save ££££'s with quality 2nd hand, golfclubs4cash is always a good shout, very knowledgeable sellers. 

2 minutes ago, OBE said:

How good is he, is he keen? Don't buy new, save ££££'s with quality 2nd hand, golfclubs4cash is always a good shout, very knowledgeable sellers. 

Just a beginner. Just getting into his golf. Thanks for the advice.

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Just a beginner. Just getting into his golf. Thanks for the advice.

Would even look on marketplace if you use Facebook.

Don't want to splash a lot of cash and he doesn't take to the game.

On 02/12/2023 at 10:44, John Findlay said:

On 02/12/2023 at 11:03, OBE said:

Another shout out for GC4C.

A huge amount down there is as good as new.

Don’t forget a few lessons thrown in by your local pro 👍🏼

Just now, Armageddon said:

Another shout out for GC4C.

A huge amount down there is as good as new.

Don’t forget a few lessons thrown in by your local pro 👍🏼

👍