• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Statts1976uk
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Meronk going to LiV by the sounds of it. And Hatton.

They are welcome to Hatton! It still wouldn't surprise me if McIlroy ends up there, maybe if he completes the career slam.

13 hours ago, Statts1976uk said:

They are welcome to Hatton! It still wouldn't surprise me if McIlroy ends up there, maybe if he completes the career slam.

Hatton, prior to the RC was not my favourite for obvious, but now, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. The guy is super value for money when he's either peppering flags, chucking clubs or chewing wasps. Mick Donaghy (caddie) must have thick skin. 

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Some Caddies must be minted.

Wasn't Tigers caddy the highest earning New Zealand sportsman for about 7 years straight! 

Edited by Bigsmak

21 minutes ago, Bigsmak said:

Wasn't Tigers caddy the highest earning New Zealand sportsman for about 7 years straight! 

🤣

That's brilliant 

Edited by ri Alban

Statts1976uk
8 hours ago, OBE said:

Hatton, prior to the RC was not my favourite for obvious, but now, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. The guy is super value for money when he's either peppering flags, chucking clubs or chewing wasps. Mick Donaghy (caddie) must have thick skin. 

You are right, he is watchable but not always for the right reasons. I can imagine that his caddy has to put up with a lot!

Samuel Camazzola
8 hours ago, Bigsmak said:

2nd I believe. 

One of the rugby union players (Paul?) was the only one ahead of him. 

Dawnrazor
15 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

2nd I believe. 

One of the rugby union players (Paul?) was the only one ahead of him. 

Sonny Bill Williams?

12 hours ago, Bigsmak said:

Was there not a similar story about Dave Renwick from West Lothian? caddy to a few great players. Wee video of big Elk’s appearance at Pumphy attached.

hmfc_liam06

Any other parkland members absolutely scunnered with their course continually being shut this winter?

Moving clubs this season, heading to the links!

Samuel Camazzola
46 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Any other parkland members absolutely scunnered with their course continually being shut this winter?

I just avoid the parkland. 

Although there has been a lot of closures at St Andrews this month, headed up today and the course was good although still soft in areas. Greens and tees were very good.

hmfc_liam06
35 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I just avoid the parkland. 

Although there has been a lot of closures at St Andrews this month, headed up today and the course was good although still soft in areas. Greens and tees were very good.

No good when you're paying for a 6 month membership essentially. I'm headed to Leven for this year.

Samuel Camazzola
16 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

No good when you're paying for a 6 month membership essentially. I'm headed to Leven for this year.

Enjoy. Cracking finishing hole but could imagine it could be a card killer if on a good score. 

4 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Prestonfield been open pretty much all the time, just two winter greens, sometimes none. A course historically notorious for being boggy because it sits on clay so the effort of the current greenskeepers certainly paying off.

Swanston always looks playable, even the 'new' holes are well bed in now. Just on the wrong side of the Pentlands during winter for the frosty days or that'd be the ideal all year round course for me.

hmfc_liam06
9 hours ago, kila said:

Prestonfield been open pretty much all the time, just two winter greens, sometimes none. A course historically notorious for being boggy because it sits on clay so the effort of the current greenskeepers certainly paying off.

Swanston always looks playable, even the 'new' holes are well bed in now. Just on the wrong side of the Pentlands during winter for the frosty days or that'd be the ideal all year round course for me.

My current place has been shut more than open, and when it is they’ve been reducing it to 9 holes. 

I shouldn’t have that problem this year though.

Jambo4050
22 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Have you already joined?

if not, I wouldn’t.

I actually just joined last month for the exact same reasons as you as I’m on the waiting list at lundin and it’s epected to take a year.

so far I’ve noticed that tee times are impossible to book for weekends, even when waiting on them opening! 

also, played the course twice now and both times it’s been 4hr30 plus as it’s just absolutely rammed. 

nice layout but I can’t see myself lasting the year to be honest.

Randle P McMurphy

What are the views on Golf Clubs for Cash out st Straiton? Hoping to make a comeback this year once I get over some health issues. My clubs are 20+ years old and i will need all the assistance possible to get back to a decent standard 

Tommy Brown
On 27/01/2024 at 00:37, escobri said:

Was there not a similar story about Dave Renwick from West Lothian? caddy to a few great players. Wee video of big Elk’s appearance at Pumphy attached.

I walked round with him that night.

Beating our young champion at the time, Paul Drake.

Drakey is as rich as big Elk now. He won £5.6m on the lottery a couple of years back :arry:

Edited by Tommy Brown

Statts1976uk
1 hour ago, Randle P McMurphy said:

What are the views on Golf Clubs for Cash out st Straiton? Hoping to make a comeback this year once I get over some health issues. My clubs are 20+ years old and i will need all the assistance possible to get back to a decent standard 

I've traded in clubs from there and they have given me some decent prices for them. The prices are fairly reasonable for their clubs too.

The service is good and lots of choice, I've always been given the opportunity to try out clubs if they have a bay available as well. 

Edited by Statts1976uk

hmfc_liam06
2 hours ago, Jambo4050 said:

Have you already joined?

if not, I wouldn’t.

I actually just joined last month for the exact same reasons as you as I’m on the waiting list at lundin and it’s epected to take a year.

so far I’ve noticed that tee times are impossible to book for weekends, even when waiting on them opening! 

also, played the course twice now and both times it’s been 4hr30 plus as it’s just absolutely rammed. 

nice layout but I can’t see myself lasting the year to be honest.

Are you a Thistle or Society member?

hmfc_liam06
6 minutes ago, Jambo4050 said:

LGS

Im joining the Thistle, got a few mates there. They say it’s a lot harder getting times in the winter than it is during the season.

Golf is starting to eat itself, again. Getting far too expensive. 

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Golf is starting to eat itself, again. Getting far too expensive. 

Just paid your ann subs...?

13 hours ago, OBE said:

Just paid your ann subs...?

Not yet. I'll wait till April.

spirt of 98
On 27/01/2024 at 19:28, hmfc_liam06 said:

Aye Mortonhall is basically a 6/7 month membership. Place is so bad in winter. 

Disser Pointon

Good luck trying to find one where the waiting list isn't already closed, they certainly are down my way!!!!

hmfc_liam06
3 hours ago, Disser Pointon said:

Good luck trying to find one where the waiting list isn't already closed, they certainly are down my way!!!!

Already got one 😅

Statts1976uk

I've joined Balbirnie this year and the only time it's been closed has been during the extreme weather. Still playing off mats but it's full greens at least.

hmfc_liam06
19 minutes ago, Statts1976uk said:

I've joined Balbirnie this year and the only time it's been closed has been during the extreme weather. Still playing off mats but it's full greens at least.

Good stuff. Not played there in a while. They must have gone to mats recently, I’m sure they never used to. 

Disser Pointon
2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Yeah, joined Leven 👍

Thought it might have been. Don't mind Leven.

rossaldinho
22 minutes ago, Statts1976uk said:

What's it like? 

I'm about 15 minutes away from it and quite fancied a round there. 

Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Good stuff. Not played there in a while. They must have gone to mats recently, I’m sure they never used to. 

They've been on for the last few winters but I've not played during that period once. Bunkers are generally out of play too. 

I personally think that only having 9 holes open on a rotation and changing common walkways is a better option to allowing the course to be protected. 

Statts1976uk
4 hours ago, rossaldinho said:

What's it like? 

I'm about 15 minutes away from it and quite fancied a round there. 

The front nine is quite hilly but every hole does make you think. The last hole is a proper 18th with a burn running just in front of the green. I'm enjoying my time so far there.

Decent watch, I'm sure he'll enjoy his time up at Aberdeen, if not for football then the golf at least.🏌️

Edited by escobri

On 28/01/2024 at 20:10, Tommy Brown said:

I walked round with him that night.

Beating our young champion at the time, Paul Drake.

Drakey is as rich as big Elk now. He won £5.6m on the lottery a couple of years back :arry:

That's a nice sum of money he's won, he'll no be worrying about his green fees that's for sure  🤣.

Big Elk is class, what an experience watching him play your local would have been. 

Tommy Brown
2 hours ago, escobri said:

That's a nice sum of money he's won, he'll no be worrying about his green fees that's for sure  🤣.

Big Elk is class, what an experience watching him play your local would have been. 

He arrived at the Pumphy clubhouse for a celebration drink on the Sunday night after winning the open at Muirfield.

I wasn't there to see that though.

Can't remember if he had the Claret Jug with him or not.

Samuel Camazzola
3 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

He arrived at the Pumphy clubhouse for a celebration drink on the Sunday night after winning the open at Muirfield.

I wasn't there to see that though.

Can't remember if he had the Claret Jug with him or not.

Elkington has never won the Open. You confusing him with the Big Easy? 

Tommy Brown
3 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Elkington has never won the Open. You confusing him with the Big Easy? 

Your right

Remembering with bad memory.

He turned up on the Sunday night after an open though. St Andrew's 95 most likely.

I'm sure it was the old clubhouse when we were still 9 holes.

Samuel Camazzola

Las Vegas Country Club looks the business for this week's LIV event. 🔥 

Immaculate and has a bit of character to it. No doubt costs a bit for the green fees. 

Armageddon

A totally random question. If a set of clubs has +4 wraps of tape under the grips and I want them removed and re-applied with just a single wrap, will the same grips be useable or stretched too much?

(Places can remove and save the grips with an air compressor popped into the top).  I’ve tried calling the pro shop that I’d go to but they’ve not been answering all week.

Im needing 0.5” taken off, grips removed and reapplied, and the lie set to 1 degree upright on a set of 8 irons.

Disser Pointon
10 hours ago, Armageddon said:

A totally random question. If a set of clubs has +4 wraps of tape under the grips and I want them removed and re-applied with just a single wrap, will the same grips be useable or stretched too much?

(Places can remove and save the grips with an air compressor popped into the top).  I’ve tried calling the pro shop that I’d go to but they’ve not been answering all week.

Im needing 0.5” taken off, grips removed and reapplied, and the lie set to 1 degree upright on a set of 8 irons.

I doubt they'll have stretched too much but, even with a compressor, the grips don't always come off intact.

10 hours ago, Armageddon said:

My tall mate, with big hands is still seething after his 8 irons were nicked...:levein_interesting: