Soccermanager.com

The Comedian

North Berwick Jambo

I have been on Xperteleven for well over two years but i have finally decided to try this game & i have just registered. I was wondering if any of you could recommend a league to join plus any hints or tips would be appreciated.

Cheers Crawf

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Comedian
I have been on Xperteleven for well over two years but i have finally decided to try this game & i have just registered. I was wondering if any of you could recommend a league to join plus any hints or tips would be appreciated.

Cheers Crawf

How about the JKB league?

Find me in game, add me as a friend and i'll allocate you a side. Search for [email protected].

North Berwick Jambo
How about the JKB league?

Find me in game, add me as a friend and i'll allocate you a side. Search for [email protected].

Cool, added you as a friend.

North Berwick Jambo
I've given you my old team Inter Milan..

Have fun.

Thanks mate.

Chris Benoit
Into the Div 2 Play-off final after a 6-0 win over Villa

bring on Atletico Madrid

well done bruv, 1 more win and you join the big guns like Leverkusen :2thumbsup:

Not for the first time in heir history, Milan bottle it on penalty kicks after a 1-1 draw where I came from behind

oh well, just going to have to try and do it all over again

well done Hey Ho, mind and keep Marty in his place in Div 1 next season

Chris Benoit

Congrats Cliff you'll get to play Malky next season he lost in the play off final, I unfortunately have joined my rightful place in the top league so you'll miss out on getting steamrolled by the Leverkusen Express

North Berwick Jambo

Looking forward my first season as boss of Inter, got a tough opener against Barca away but hopefully we can get the tactics right & get off to a good start.

good lucky everyone :10900:

Congrats Cliff you'll get to play Malky next season he lost in the play off final, I unfortunately have joined my rightful place in the top league so you'll miss out on getting steamrolled by the Leverkusen Express

Haha...I thought he would have went straight back up....he's got a good sqaud of players too. Managerial skillz is what it's all about though...I will have a word with shabba n see if he can give Malky a couple of pointers :10900:

Chris Benoit
Haha...I thought he would have went straight back up....he's got a good sqaud of players too. Managerial skillz is what it's all about though...I will have a word with shabba n see if he can give Malky a couple of pointers :10900:

To be fair to him i went into the season with a tried and trusted system whereas he didn't get the balance right until halfway through then he went from bottom to 4th, I nearly blew it though with 6 games to go needed one point to win the league and proceeded to lose 4 on the bounce when i'd only lost 2 games all season before that

To be fair to him i went into the season with a tried and trusted system whereas he didn't get the balance right until halfway through then he went from bottom to 4th,

Sounds a bit like what happned to me. then I found a system and have stuck to it...must have won about 8 of my last 10 games which lifted me into a play off position. Too many draws initially though...Feeling confident that I can get a playoff shot again and get into div 1....:10900:

I nearly blew it though with 6 games to go needed one point to win the league and proceeded to lose 4 on the bounce when i'd only lost 2 games all season before that

squeeky bum time.....im sure the game just does that to make you panic and change the winning formula.

My Chairman has decided not to invest anymore money in the playing sqaud for this season. :43:

Well don't be expecting any feckn progress then ya tight git!

I will have to use my tactical nous to take charge in Div 2 this season. :10900:

The Comedian
Not for the first time in heir history, Milan bottle it on penalty kicks after a 1-1 draw where I came from behind

oh well, just going to have to try and do it all over again

well done Hey Ho, mind and keep Marty in his place in Div 1 next season

Cheers...i seem to be doing allright with Atletico. I really struggled with Inter. JKB League season 3 starting soon. Good luck all...

North Berwick Jambo

Very first game, got the tactics spot on for the difficult opener away to the mighty Barca & came away with an impressive 3-2 win to sit proudly top of Division 1.. :10900:

Its all downhill from here lol.

Tense opening game see's a 1 each draw with milan! Might have been better if I'd checked my team before 10 past 8 and noticed one of my reserves had sneaked into the team!!

Tense opening game see's a 1 each draw with milan! Might have been better if I'd checked my team before 10 past 8 and noticed one of my reserves had sneaked into the team!!

excuses, excuses, excuses :10900:

nah, my defence had a nightmare according to the ratings but coming from a goal down in the 1st game of the season away to win will do me

North Berwick Jambo

Second game in charge of Inter tonight, looking for another three points at home to Chelsea.

Is there anyway to view the games your side has just played without knowing the score beforehand?

nice wee 2-0 win against Roma gets the season up and running

I see Marty's finding it hard amongst the big boys and Cliff's found his level :10900:

Chris Benoit
nice wee 2-0 win against Roma gets the season up and running

I see Marty's finding it hard amongst the big boys and Cliff's found his level :10900:

To be fair bruv just played Man U and Real Madrid and had 2 narrow 1-0 losses, it'll come good

North Berwick Jambo

100% record so far against Barca & Chelsea, next up is Sevilla at home, another tricky game but a win will see us go clear at the top of Division 1 :10900:

BOOM

2-1 against Bayern, the best and original Ronaldo getting the winner

getting a bit of momentum now, might even pass Marty on the way up

Chris Benoit
BOOM

2-1 against Bayern, the best and original Ronaldo getting the winner

getting a bit of momentum now, might even pass Marty on the way up

Well done bruv, got a draw with Liverpool, should've won, looks like the Leverkusen Express is on the tracks and ready to roll

North Berwick Jambo

Sevilla thumped 3-1 at home to make it 3 wins on the trot & a 2 point lead at the top, next up for the on form Inter is Arsenal.

Chris Benoit

I won a game :10900:

2-1 against PSV in the cup, dropped Inzaghi and played 2 up top and both scored

The Leverkusen express has started to roll :2thumbsup:

2-0 versus Spurs to sit 2nd in the league, plodding along nicely

Marty, 2-1 loss to Marseille chief, you are literally out of your league

Siphiwe Tshabalala

What do you do on this game?

is it through the internet?

can i join your league?

HELP.

:2thumbsup:

PM Hey Ho Jambo and he'll help you out and tell you available teams

First if you go to soccermanager.com and register, it doesn't cost a penny

The Comedian

Lee Wallace1 and JamboPompey up and running, have fun and good luck lads.

We nearly have a full league again but there are a few teams so if anyone want's to join then wire in and let me know.

Again thanks to the consistent players who have built this league, you know who you are...

HeyHo

Again thanks to the consistent players who have built this league, you know who you are...

Shucks :11900:

North Berwick Jambo

Four goals in the first 20 odd minutes away to Arsenal secures the fourth win on the bounce, maintains our 100% start to the season & keeps us clear at the top. :2thumbsup:

Oh god i just noticed that JamboPompey has joined up aswell, oh dear expect a few injuries lol, only joking buddy! As you can see mate it hasnt taken me long to pick up the game, good luck with your new side.

OnePaulHartley

Hamburg finally get their first win of the season,4 -1 away to Ajax.Just need to get my players back from suspension and injuries to hopefully push up the table

jambopompey
Four goals in the first 20 odd minutes away to Arsenal secures the fourth win on the bounce, maintains our 100% start to the season & keeps us clear at the top. :2thumbsup:

Oh god i just noticed that JamboPompey has joined up aswell, oh dear expect a few injuries lol, only joking buddy! As you can see mate it hasnt taken me long to pick up the game, good luck with your new side.

i only managed to injure one of your players in that last game, had a look at my portsmouth squad, a few injuries and a few guys not match fit, but the basis of a good squad there, hoping that a few loans deals can be made and a few good acquisitions on the transfer market should allow a good season even push for promotion/ play off place, even a good run in the cups may free up some extra cash for the transfer kittty

Chris Benoit

that loss last night was a joke, had a game in the cup on tuesday and because they moved the site onto a new server none of my players fitness got better ended up playing a load of young lads and changed my system to fit them in, plus my 2 new signings didn't clear until today despite being accepted on tuesday, the Leverkusen Express won't be stopped :th_o:

You're telling me it took 20 hours to come up with an excuse like that

Next you'll be saying Marseille are a big physical team

BOLLOX

Beat 2-1 from Schalke to swap places in the league with the Germans and drop down to 3rd and I'm going to have to do without Nesta for 3 weeks

Marty, beat again sonny jim

North Berwick Jambo

A hard fought 1-1 draw with Athletico Madrid keeps us clear at the top. I am still learning how it all works etc. Going with youth in the cup game against Juve tomorrow to give the first team a rest as i think the league is way more important. Also still trying to strengthen the squad by adding more quality players, i like the idea of have two good players for each position, that should help as i get the feeling its going to be a long hard season with injuries & many up's & downs to come.

The Comedian
A hard fought 1-1 draw with Athletico Madrid keeps us clear at the top. I am still learning how it all works etc. Going with youth in the cup game against Juve tomorrow to give the first team a rest as i think the league is way more important. Also still trying to strengthen the squad by adding more quality players, i like the idea of have two good players for each position, that should help as i get the feeling its going to be a long hard season with injuries & many up's & downs to come.

We should have won, had more efforts on goal. It's also annoying that you are doing well with my old Inter side despite being new...i nearly got them relegated.

My Spurs team were horsed 8-2 from Sau Paulo.

The funny thing was,in a ground that holds 80,000 people

only 516 poor sods turned up.This game is hibs.

jambopompey

got beat in my first game in charge, starting to get a few more players into the squad, may take a match or two but i will sort out the right tactics for this team

North Berwick Jambo
We should have won, had more efforts on goal. It's also annoying that you are doing well with my old Inter side despite being new...i nearly got them relegated.

Its amazing just how many online football manager games go your way when you play defensively lol, It doesn't always mean you will create less chances just that your side sits deeper. Although i did get the tactics wrong against you & i admit i didn't deserve to win that one, Anyway it looks like my bid to make the squad that little bit stronger is finally begining to pay off :10900:

"The offer for Wesley Sneijder of Real Madrid from Internazionale has been accepted. The transfer will be completed shortly"

Another 30M spent but at 24 years old & rated 94 skilled i believe its a good deal, Zanetti has gone the other way but at 35 he is at the end of his career.

Forgot it was the cup tonight so forgot to rest players

still got a respectable draw with Real Madrid before going out on penalties, needless to say half my team will be fecked for the league game on Thursday

jambopompey

swapped a few players round for the cup game, got put out on penalties after porto where reduced to 10 men in the first minute

Chris Benoit
Forgot it was the cup tonight so forgot to rest players

still got a respectable draw with Real Madrid before going out on penalties, needless to say half my team will be fecked for the league game on Thursday

Ditto except i managed to win on penalties, stuff the league i'm going for the cup this season

Archived