Soccermanager.com

The Comedian

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Makeshift side got a respectable 0-0 draw with Everton

Marty chooses to beat Barca 3-2 to get his first win of the season, well done neebs :2thumbsup:

jambopompey

another game another defeat, will have to look at the tactics i am using, may revert to normal ones before trying the fancy stuff

North Berwick Jambo

After resting the entire first team for the cup game in midweek they responded in some style at Anfield inflicting Liverpool's first defeat of the season. A superb second half hattrick from Adriano secured an emphatic 3-0 & moved us 4 points clear at the top of Division 1. Next up is bottom side Fiorentina & with Real Madrid facing rivals Atletico we should extend our lead over one of those sides. Its begining to look like a superb start to season for us.

:10900:

Chris Benoit
Makeshift side got a respectable 0-0 draw with Everton

Marty chooses to beat Barca 3-2 to get his first win of the season, well done neebs :2thumbsup:

What makes it even better is it was my reserves, forgot to play a weakened team in the cup so dropped all the big hitters and end up scoring 2 in 8 mins late on to win :10900:

North Berwick Jambo
another game another defeat, will have to look at the tactics i am using, may revert to normal ones before trying the fancy stuff

JP i have three teenagers recently promoted to my first team that are all rated in the 80's who i would be willing to send out on a season long loan if it helps you in anyway mate! Just let me know. :2thumbsup:

jambopompey
JP i have three teenagers recently promoted to my first team that are all rated in the 80's who i would be willing to send out on a season long loan if it helps you in anyway mate! Just let me know. :2thumbsup:

is that due to your TW points jump over the last month since you retired, i have a few mails wondering how E-F-J has now got so agressive in capping villages and the response when a request to clear a village was met with my usual response and asking not to demolish villages as much as i do, i will PM you about the offer though

North Berwick Jambo
is that due to your TW points jump over the last month since you retired, i have a few mails wondering how E-F-J has now got so agressive in capping villages and the response when a request to clear a village was met with my usual response and asking not to demolish villages as much as i do, i will PM you about the offer though

Cool mate!

Anyway Wesley Sneijder has finally completed his ?30M move from Real Madrid this morning, although i am resting him for tomorrows game against Fiorentina so he can be 100% match fit when he makes his Inter debut against his old club here in next Thursday's crucial game.

therealmackay
Cool mate!

Anyway Wesley Sneijder has finally completed his ?30M move from Real Madrid this morning, although i am resting him for tomorrows game against Fiorentina so he can be 100% match fit when he makes his Inter debut against his old club here in next Thursday's crucial game.

yep sneijder is away but i hope to invest the 55 mill i have in 2 new players very soon i have a number of targets and i can guaruntee at least 1 player rated 95 or higher will be coming in to join my squad and with the addittion of zannetti i am slowly rising my average rating towards 95 :10900:

though i am worrying slightly that i will lose my 100% record by resting too many players in the cup match as unlike inter i am still competing on both fronts :tt2:

North Berwick Jambo
yep sneijder is away but i hope to invest the 55 mill i have in 2 new players very soon i have a number of targets and i can guaruntee at least 1 player rated 95 or higher will be coming in to join my squad and with the addittion of zannetti i am slowly rising my average rating towards 95 :10900:

though i am worrying slightly that i will lose my 100% record by resting too many players in the cup match as unlike inter i am still competing on both fronts :tt2:

As i have said before mate i think it was a good deal for both sides! Sneijder is only 24 & has his best years ahead of him, while Zanetti helps strengthen your center midfield for a season or two.

Anyway Gerrard has to be the number one target for any side, i predict an all out bidding war when the absent Liverpool boss finally get the push although i wont be going for him.

cheers for the heads up, come anywhere near Milan and I'll gladly rip you off :2thumbsup:

therealmackay
As i have said before mate i think it was a good deal for both sides! Sneijder is only 24 & has his best years ahead of him, while Zanetti helps strengthen your center midfield for a season or two.

Anyway Gerrard has to be the number one target for any side, i predict an all out bidding war when the absent Liverpool boss finally get the push although i wont be going for him.

gerrard yes but young mr fabregas will be available before him and he is quite a bit younger imo one of the best midfielders in the world oh and dont forget torres will be available too as well as alonso and mascherano so i think there will be enough players to go around for everyone but i hope to bring in at least 2 players one of them in midfield and its looking like a straight toss between gerrard and fabregas just now

let the bidding begin :P

therealmackay
wouldny mind getting involved am i too late, if no send me the details mate.

ajax, cska mosco, everton, schalke, PSV, sao paolo and zenit are all currently available PM heyhojambo for details

North Berwick Jambo
gerrard yes but young mr fabregas will be available before him and he is quite a bit younger imo one of the best midfielders in the world oh and dont forget torres will be available too as well as alonso and mascherano so i think there will be enough players to go around for everyone but i hope to bring in at least 2 players one of them in midfield and its looking like a straight toss between gerrard and fabregas just now

let the bidding begin :P

What is the minimum number of players allowed in a first team squad? The reason i am asking is because i recently tried to take Arshaven from Zenit & i wasn't allowed due to that rule & i just noticed that Liverpool have the same as them, just 22 (& 5 youth players). I even tried adding one of my players to the deal but it still didn't work. Would that mean that not one of Liverpools best players would be allowed to leave when they became managerless?

therealmackay
What is the minimum number of players allowed in a first team squad? The reason i am asking is because i recently tried to take Arshaven from Zenit & i wasn't allowed due to that rule & i just noticed that Liverpool have the same as them, just 22 (& 5 youth players). I even tried adding one of my players to the deal but it still didn't work. Would that mean that not one of Liverpools best players would be allowed to leave when they became managerless?

arsenal have 32 players liverpool have 27 the minimum squad size is 21 and that doesnt matter if they are youth or full squad members so gerrard torres alonso mascherano reina and one more could all leave :10900: though i can only get three due to the rules in place

i assume roma will take torres but i dont know if anyone else has that sort of cash just now possibly man u you gonna be in for any ?

arsenal are out of time tomorrow so fabregas is gonna be on his way somewhere soon

good luck to all in the upcoming bidding war

:smash:

North Berwick Jambo
arsenal have 32 players liverpool have 27 the minimum squad size is 21 and that doesnt matter if they are youth or full squad members so gerrard torres alonso mascherano reina and one more could all leave :10900: though i can only get three due to the rules in place

i assume roma will take torres but i dont know if anyone else has that sort of cash just now possibly man u you gonna be in for any ?

arsenal are out of time tomorrow so fabregas is gonna be on his way somewhere soon

good luck to all in the upcoming bidding war

:smash:

Thanks for the update mate, as for making anymore bids this season i am not sure. I am glad i managed to sign both Wesley Sneijder & Daniele De Rossi as the midfield needed boosting & their age has helped to reduce the overall age of the squad. Although i will be reviewing my stiking options at the end of the season. I have just sent highly rated 18 year old striker Mario Balotelli on loan to Portsmouth but i have high hopes for him next season, Zlatan Ibrahimovic is going nowhere so that leaves Adriano, if he does well i might consider keeping him but if not then i will punt him & look for a real quality replacement.

therealmackay

"ross collett is after a new challenge and so has resigned as manager of Arsenal."

just have to wait for the transitional period to end now :D

North Berwick Jambo

I decided to give Sneijder his debut after all & goals either side of half time from him & Ibrahimovic saw us win 2-0 away at Fiorentina. The result keeps the pressure on Real Madrid who travel to face us here on Thurdsay, with a 4 point gap at the top already its a match they cant afford to lose :smiley2:

therealmackay
I decided to give Sneijder his debut after all & goals either side of half time from him & Ibrahimovic saw us win 2-0 away at Fiorentina. The result keeps the pressure on Real Madrid who travel to face us here on Thurdsay, with a 4 point gap at the top already its a match they cant afford to lose :smiley2:

2 goals from sanchez david villa ensured real kept up the pressure on inter at the top of the league and with a trip to the san siro right after the cup match with first division sevilla ti looks like a tough week ahead for the spanish giants.

real manager gary mackay believes his side can win both games but says "we will need to rest most of our starting line up to have a chance of ending inters unbeaten run in the league but we will still be trying hard to beat sevilla so they can expect a tough game"

gary also says that once arsenal and liverpool have been managerless long enough he will begin the raid "both teams have top quality and thats what we need at real and with the players i have sold recently i have the finances to bolster my squad"

MarkSajambo

Hey all,

Just joined the Jambos Kickback soccer manager league as Ajax. I see a few people are interested in huntelaar. I will entertain some bids for him if you want to make them. I would be looking for either two players in exchange or a striker to replace him and some money. Let the bidding begin!!

jambopompey

:4_1_111::av-1001::av-1001::av-1001::Hearts Man spotrun::Hearts Man spotrun::Hearts Man spotrun::653::653::653:

portsmouth gain their first win under my management

Griclesfield

sitting comfortably top of the league 7 points clear with Man City - Robinho is a legend, whoever is Valencia ?30 million wouldnt take him away from Eastlands ....

Chris Benoit

Hey-Ho your boys got helluva lucky, OG with 9 mins to go to get a draw with the Leverkusen Express, still got the cup on Tuesday to look forward to :10900:

The Comedian
Hey-Ho your boys got helluva lucky, OG with 9 mins to go to get a draw with the Leverkusen Express, still got the cup on Tuesday to look forward to :10900:

With a 2nd string i might add as most of my top players were knackered. A draw will do away from home. Heh heh...

The Comedian

Whats happening right now wasn't intended when i setup the league. When i was moving house( and didn't log on) the settings changed. I originally setup the league so that unmanged sides could not sell players. This was to stop everyone else stripping them of their good players making them unattractive to a potential new manager.

As it has happened and i was none the wiser, could people take it easy here and leave some balance for a prospective new player cheers. Such as do you really need a 5th 93+ rated striker?????? Just leave it please. Some common sense really.

This ruled will be changed back at the end of the season.

therealmackay
Whats happening right now wasn't intended when i setup the league. When i was moving house( and didn't log on) the settings changed. I originally setup the league so that unmanged sides could not sell players. This was to stop everyone else stripping them of their good players making them unattractive to a potential new manager.

As it has happened and i was none the wiser, could people take it easy here and leave some balance for a prospective new player cheers. Such as do you really need a 5th 93+ rated striker?????? Just leave it please. Some common sense really.

This ruled will be changed back at the end of the season.

to begin i knew that this rule was in place and when you lost your inter side it dissappeared, however as you had a side at the start of this season and didnt implement the rule again i thought that you had decided to leave it out as in the past there has been a slow turnover of managers and some people had mentioned that this rule was restrictive.

secondly van persie and ribery play in my midfield and totti is injured so i only have 2 strikers rated 93+

lastly due to this rule being in place i have shipped out some first choice players in order to get money to purchase others such as sneijder, benzema and diarra and as such have lowered the level of my squad i still have 40 million and am looking to bring in an attacking mid rated at least 94 to replace sneijder and am still intending to purchase gerrard if i cannot get a suitable replacement from a managed or external side.

sorry

gary

Wow got gubbed 6-0 at home by fenerbache. Great result there. Back to the drawing board.

Just to make that result worse for you,ive been bottom of the league 2 seasons on the trot :10900:

mon the Fenerbache

1-1 Draw with the yellow submarine.....stopped my winning streak.

Just made a great little signing to cheer me up though. Waitied for ages on him being added to the database. Silva NEYMAR !!!! :10900:

I reckon he could be a good one.....:)

Chris Benoit

The Leverkusen Express goes rolling into the Semi's with a last minute goal from my 6th choice striker (don't worry Gav he's only rated 78) :10900:

The Comedian
to begin i knew that this rule was in place and when you lost your inter side it dissappeared, however as you had a side at the start of this season and didnt implement the rule again i thought that you had decided to leave it out as in the past there has been a slow turnover of managers and some people had mentioned that this rule was restrictive.

secondly van persie and ribery play in my midfield and totti is injured so i only have 2 strikers rated 93+

lastly due to this rule being in place i have shipped out some first choice players in order to get money to purchase others such as sneijder, benzema and diarra and as such have lowered the level of my squad i still have 40 million and am looking to bring in an attacking mid rated at least 94 to replace sneijder and am still intending to purchase gerrard if i cannot get a suitable replacement from a managed or external side.

sorry

gary

No worries. Wire in. I'm just trying to make the league tick over etc and trying to give any prospective new player the chance of a good side.

Regarding rule changes i can do them once a season prior to the first game.

Marty what?

Marty what?

I think he's meaning he's not overloading his team with quality players he doesn't need robbed from unmanaged teams

therealmackay

tried to buy iniesta off of barca for lahm and 37.5 million a deal which his chairman valued at 65 million he responds with

Barcelona have made a counter offer to Real Madrid for Andr?s INIESTA of ?60,000,000 plus Iker CASILLAS

anyone fancy selling a striker or attacking mid rated 95 or higher for 37.5 million could even throw in players to sweeten the deal

Chris Benoit

******! forgot to sort out my team and ended up starting with my RB up front for some reason and lost 3-1 to Inter :57:

jambopompey

What a shock pompey lose again.

Really going to strip the team down and use this season for trying things out

crappy 1-1 draw with Sao Paulo, next up is Cliff with his Lyon team

I've been waiting for this :10900:

Haha.....wanting to measure yourself against the best eh?

:gun_bandana:

******! forgot to sort out my team and ended up starting with my RB up front for some reason and lost 3-1 to Inter :57:

lol....sucks when that happens...Inter was lucky :nah::10900:

The Comedian

Beat Marseille 3-1 with a Luis Garcia treble. Nice yin! Revenge for the cup defeat.

Chris Benoit
lol....sucks when that happens...Inter was lucky :nah::10900:

Certainly were Cliff, can't complain too much it was the RB who scored :21:

Certainly were Cliff, can't complain too much it was the RB who scored :21:

Hahaha... quality...Guess where he's playing next time :10900:

North Berwick Jambo

After moving house i have been struggling to get online as i dont get connected till next month but after a bit of a wobble we bounce back against Leverkusen with a 3-1 win :10900:

hey is there any spaces left in your league if so what teams are left cheers

jambokid11

The Comedian
hey is there any spaces left in your league if so what teams are left cheers

jambokid11

Arsenal, Liverpool, FC Schalke, Everton, Roma, Sao Paolo, CSKA Moscom, PSV, Zenit, Valencia.

Join sm.com and make a friend request to myself. I will accept and allocate your team.

Archived