Supporters 'chief' in trouble

Nucky Thompson

That's how I feel as well.

Especially when few details are known.

The guy must have know he'd be found out when he took the money so he must have been desperate. Desperate people do desperate things I guess. Making a big fuss is not going to help anyone, especially not the charity.

Who's going to want to support them now?

Best to leave the involved parties to sort it amongst themselves and hope they all move on from this sad incident.

I would imagine you are a well balanced content individual who has had enough life experience to know that things are not always black or white and certainly not the type to form opinions through reading the SUN.

Still if all KB posters were like yourself who would we debate with

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would imagine you are a well balanced content individual who has had enough life experience to know that things are not always black or white and certainly not the type to form opinions through reading the SUN.

Still if all KB posters were like yourself who would we debate with

Wow - thanks Lou.

Look at the facts.

A man borrows/steals a vast amount of money from a Club.

Same man pays it all back.

Man is employed as NHS accountant.

I think you can be assured they will be.....with a fine tooth comb.

Correct mate...Don't know the guy,Didn't read the report in the sun either, I just wonder why the WBMC tried to keep it in house, who are they trying to protect, who in the WBMC decided, Fek it I'm going to the papers?

Are his actions described as "Borrowing" because he was caught and gave the money back? If he wasn't caught, would he have came clean?

Like I've said, don't know the guy, Why would someone in his position, both in the WBMC AND his working life, take such a chance? This is BOUND to cost him his job...It SHOULD anyway!!

Have to say I agree with most of what prancer has said here.

It is a disgrace and I dont know whats worse - The guy stealing the money or the charity trying to cover it up?

This should definatly be delt with by the police, theft is theft.

Those without sin can cast the first stone.

Disappointed in his actions but he always came across a decent chap to me.

Well I can honestly say I have never embezzled anyone out of money so I will cast a a stone and say he should be banned from Tynie for life. That'll hurt him more than any prison sentence.

Have to say I agree with most of what prancer has said here.

It is a disgrace and I dont know whats worse - The guy stealing the money or the charity trying to cover it up?

This should definatly be delt with by the police, theft is theft.

Des,

to you think the charity are maybe trying to play it down to ensure their own survival?

I don't know too much about their work but I gather they invest a lot in youth development at Hearts. If they get a bad reputation through this, they are going to lose their finincial backing and the charity will ultimately fail.

It would be a real shame if the actions of one guy caused the charity and all of their good will and efforts to fold.

Correct mate...Don't know the guy,Didn't read the report in the sun either, I just wonder why the WBMC tried to keep it in house, who are they trying to protect, who in the WBMC decided, Fek it I'm going to the papers?

Are his actions described as "Borrowing" because he was caught and gave the money back? If he wasn't caught, would he have came clean?

Like I've said, don't know the guy, Why would someone in his position, both in the WBMC AND his working life, take such a chance? This is BOUND to cost him his job...It SHOULD anyway!!

Id assume they were trying to protect themselves. Theyll find donations hard to come by now, this is extremely bad publicity for them.

I think you can guess the answer to your last question, because he was desperate? I dont think he just decided to pilfer the accounts for no reason. He must have had a very good reason to steal such a little amount (when weighed up against possibly losing your day job).

Those posters screaming for the 'full facts', jail etc unless your directly involved with the charity through donating or running the charity , what does it matter to you?

Well I can honestly say I have never embezzled anyone out of money so I will cast a a stone and say he should be banned from Tynie for life. That'll hurt him more than any prison sentence.

Sin.

Without Sin. Doesn't just mean theft.

Regardless - he is being punished enough without us demanding his baws in a bag.

Just to set the record straight:

The WBMC is not a charity, it is a Hearts supporters club affiliated to the Federation of Hearts supporters clubs.

just to draw attention to this point again guys not a charity a supporters club (that does a lot of really good work)

JAMBOn_et_fromage

Whilst adding nothing to the debate, can I just say that I am a (non-thieving) bald love-rat and enjoy every moment of it. :P

It's not clear from all of this whether he is still General Secretary of the Federation. Does anyone know and did he have access to funds in that position?

:107years:

Colonel Kurtz

Its like reading The daily mail on this thread,so much mock outrage .

We dont know the facts ,only a version of events leaked to and almost parodied by the Sun"balding love rat".. hope he wore a hat on his cruise as the Carabean sun can be very unforgiving to the receding hairline,and attractive blondes,all we are missing is The Randy Vicar.

The organisation involved chose to take no action,perhaps taking into account his many years of previously unblemished service.

I have an issue with the individual who leaked this story to the sun,and question his motives.

It's not clear from all of this whether he is still General Secretary of the Federation. Does anyone know and did he have access to funds in that position?

ask you fed rep they will tell you :)

Nucky Thompson
just to draw attention to this point again guys not a charity a supporters club (that does a lot of really good work)
But do they except charitable donations?

I have ploughed through pages of this thread and see a number of people , quite reasonably pointing out that "the 'rifling the pockets of the dead' Sun" is hardly a paragon of virtue or immune from spin , yet the same redtop is given more credence than some of our more rational posters by the voluble minority who will just not back down even told the matter has been dealt with and is closed.

Douge has said matter closed and not for discussion for whatever reason it is still more up to them than any over zealous poster to pontificate and then be judge and jury even when it is pointed out that the assumptions he is working under are false :-

The money came from many different sources, failure to involve the police imo is a gross failure from the board of WBMC of what they agreed to undertake when setting up the charity and becoming involved.

It will now lose all credibility and people will be less reluctant to give.

Nota Bene I am not passing any judgement or comment on John Borthwick. I do , however, take issue with the sun being seen as bona fide altrustic and object to the harraunging of those that point this out

no its not join your local hearts supporters club :)

I AM a member of one and the first that we heard about this was in the press!

As not a charity I would assume so:cool:

I would further assume that they will Accept any donations given to the club but my experience of them, not great as not a member, is that they raise money by selling things like a "willie Bauld" video for example

Without seeking to let this guy off the hook - what he's done seems to be despicable - but be very wary of the "evidence" given in the press!!!

I'm dealing with the fall out of a guy who did wrong but, the press added a whole dose of lies and embellishments to what actually happened - end result???

The poor guy hung himself this week!!!

Should be on the conscience of the reporter, editor and management of the paper. However, doubt if they'll lose sleep over it!

Bunch of lying drinks dispensers, the lot of them!!!

Prostitute themselves for a story!!!

THE Day is coming!!!

im not a member of the most excellently named of all hearts supporters clubs (had to say that or my old man would beat me with his walking stick :):) )

to be classed as a charity you have to be registered as one as far as i am aware

Without seeking to let this guy off the hook - what he's done seems to be despicable - but be very wary of the "evidence" given in the press!!!

I'm dealing with the fall out of a guy who did wrong but, the press added a whole dose of lies and embellishments to what actually happened - end result???

The poor guy hung himself this week!!!

Should be on the conscience of the reporter, editor and management of the paper. However, doubt if they'll lose sleep over it!

Bunch of lying drinks dispensers, the lot of them!!!

Prostitute themselves for a story!!!

THE Day is coming!!!

you will meet no group more degenerate ,drug taking, alcoholic ,womanising dirty sleezeballs than tabloid journalist quite literally the **** of the earth

Sordid little man who seemed to think he was a big shot! I hope he is hounded out of all positions of influence within any orginisation connected in anyway to Heart of Midlothian.

Sounds like his CV is now complete for a place on the Board.

Nucky Thompson
im not a member of the most excellently named of all hearts supporters clubs (had to say that or my old man would beat me with his walking stick :):) )

to be classed as a charity you have to be registered as one as far as i am aware

I've heard from a senior member that it is a club that not anyone can join, you can't just say I fancy joining the WBMC, you have to be invited.

I've heard from a senior member that it is a club that not anyone can join, you can't just say I fancy joining the WBMC, you have to be invited.

I think that's right - my dad was a member and I'm he needed someone to nominate him and someone to second it.

When he died my mum gave me his Willie Bauld Memorial medal he got on joining with his name inscribed. It's a beauty of a piece tbh.

i do beleve your correct boo does not stop them being a supporters club though

Do you know were the money comes from?

Is it all internally generated by those members, or are they actively seeking donors and funds whilst being able to control who is involved in the care of those funds?

Is it all internally generated by those members, or are they actively seeking donors and funds whilst being able to control who is involved in the care of those funds?

have you considered a job working for the sun you seem qualified

Give it a rest please

Give it a rest please

Its a genuine question

If they are drawing money from external sources, yet have a closed door policy as too who can get involved then I find this even more concerning as how many of those who chose not to involve the police have links to Borthwick beyond being on the same committee?

If its there own money then fair enough, if not then its an awful set up.

Colonel Kurtz
Its a genuine question

If they are drawing money from external sources, yet have a closed door policy as too who can get involved then I find this even more concerning as how many of those who chose not to involve the police have links to Borthwick beyond being on the same committee?

If its there own money then fair enough, if not then its an awful set up.

Like the person who leaked the story to The Sun,your motives must be questioned

Colonel

I think the motivations behind covering this up are far more relevant at this time.

Not a clue who leaked it or why, but fair play to them, for breaking ranks and not letting this shocking abuse of trust be hidden.

We are back to believing the Sun before a couple of higly respected posters on here. Please please stop gnawing at this as if it made watergate look like a Sunday School picnic.

We are back to believing the Sun before a couple of higly respected posters on here. Please please stop gnawing at this as if it made watergate look like a Sunday School picnic.

Is anyone denying that Borthwick had 10k of the funds for personal use without prior permission?

boabyarsebiscuit
Is anyone denying that Borthwick had 10k of the funds for personal use without prior permission?

I haven't seen anyone on this thread take that stance so far. Have you?

Colonel Kurtz

Perhaps prancer is also known a deep throat on other forums

I haven't seen anyone on this thread take that stance so far. Have you?

No but Brownkg is suggestion the Sun are to blame for this story.

If its not true I see his concern, if it is true I dont see whether it would matter whether it was in the financial times, or the sun.

THAT , as you have been clearly told on a number of occasions on this very thread is not the point. The verbatim acceptence of the Sun's word and the refusal to accept the WBMC have made a decison that you are unable to influence whilst being strident and unreasonable about your "rights" just doesn't cut the mustard.

Colonel Kurtz
Colonel

I think the motivations behind covering this up are far more relevant at this time.

Not a clue who leaked it or why, but fair play to them, for breaking ranks and not letting this shocking abuse of trust be hidden.

Get a grip,John wont be the last who has his "heid turned",wait till you reach your mid life crisis.

I was going to buy a Harley but it would have got choried from The marmion car park.

Get a grip,John wont be the last who has his "heid turned",wait till you reach your mid life crisis.

I was going to buy a Harley but it would have got choried from The marmion car park.

:) Funny post for a pieman sympathiser.

THAT , as you have been clearly told on a number of occasions on this very thread is not the point. The verbatim acceptence of the Sun's word and the refusal to accept the WBMC have made a decison that you are unable to influence whilst being strident and unreasonable about your "rights" just doesn't cut the mustard.

As far as I can see nothing I have commented on from the Sun's articles is a fact which is in dispute.

Comments on the WBMC actions, are opinions, and not influenced by the Sun, but my own thoughts on whether its appropiate the police were not involved, and given their non involvement, the silence on the reasons behind this.

For me as I have said the police should have been involved, and if not an explaination as to why not released.

For all the good work they do, I have to say I dont think they will ever recover from this scandal and subsequent actions - which look like a cover up.

It was inevitable it would come out and if they thought otherwise, then that was extremely naive.

No but Brownkg is suggestion the Sun are to blame for this story.

If its not true I see his concern, if it is true I dont see whether it would matter whether it was in the financial times, or the sun.

NO I am NOT I am saying that YOU are giving more credence to the SUN than to others , at least one of whom has told you directly that the decison has been made and is not for discussion with you a non member of the said club. Outside of the parties involved we have no idea of the facts on here yet you seem suitably convinced you both know the facts and can comment on them.

PS

Private eye would have more credence than any other paper covering this story

Tbh I dont care his motivations behind it.

He stole a large amount of money, if it had been to get treatment for a dying kid, I suppose I might be slightly more sympathetic, but well it wasnt.

He stole the money, and deserves, to face the criminal,personal and professional related implications rather than the commitee of WBMC.

Any grounds for compassion can be considered by those people when making their decisions.

Not if it had a holster for a shotgun it wouldn't:eek:

Guest JamboRobbo

if it isn't open to ALL supporters of Hearts, then I don't see how it can be classed as a Hearts supporters club. IMO.

Archived