Supporters 'chief' in trouble

Nucky Thompson

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gordon the jambo

where did the money come from to pay it back save our HEARTS possibly always suspicious of folk who work with money as if they are doing you a great service as John did for the save our HEARTS:mad:

Seymour M Hersh

From what I've heard there really isn't much of a story there but the hun has been hounding certain people from the WBMC to create one. If my information is correct it was Borthwick himself that brought it to the WBMC's attention and the money has been paid back. Also it was a private meeting and there are strong suspicions who it is that's leaked this to the hun newspaper. Not a fan of Borthwick myself but perhaps we should avoid jumping on the bandwagon of hang him high.

Billy the Jambo

I heard this on Saturday but i couldn,t believe what i was hearing.Anyway jail the thieving barsteward for a long time

Guest JamboRobbo
From what I've heard there really isn't much of a story there

So he didn't take the money? Sorry, someone in a trusted position taking money out of a charity is pretty damn low.

boabyarsebiscuit
From what I've heard there really isn't much of a story there but the hun has been hounding certain people from the WBMC to create one. If my information is correct it was Borthwick himself that brought it to the WBMC's attention and the money has been paid back. Also it was a private meeting and there are strong suspicions who it is that's leaked this to the hun newspaper. Not a fan of Borthwick myself but perhaps we should avoid jumping on the bandwagon of hang him high.

While agreeing with the overall tone of your email (there's a first) I think the biggest problem is the alleged forgery of signatures alluded to in The Sun article. Money paid back or not, that's a criminal offence.

Nucky Thompson
So he didn't take the money? Sorry, someone in a trusted position taking money out of a charity is pretty damn low.
Correct. You can't just take a charities money when you feel like it because you're a bit short:rolleyes:

Guest JamboRobbo
Correct. You can't just take a charities money when you feel like it because you're a bit short:rolleyes:

however, you can hardly talk - it appears you read the sun. :P

Makes a change from lynching Vlad / Rodney / Botchup / Cervenkov etc etc :rolleyes:

Nucky Thompson
however, you can hardly talk - it appears you read the sun. :P
I get it delivered to my house and the paperboy is here at 6.50am on the button every morning:)

Sordid little man who seemed to think he was a big shot! I hope he is hounded out of all positions of influence within any orginisation connected in anyway to Heart of Midlothian.

Seymour M Hersh
While agreeing with the overall tone of your email (there's a first) I think the biggest problem is the alleged forgery of signatures alluded to in The Sun article. Money paid back or not, that's a criminal offence.

Didn't happen, his missus was and is not a member of the WBMC and certainly had no cheque signing rights. It would be the same as me signing my name on your cheques expecting and expecting to cash it. I think that's what the sun is doing here alluding to rather than providing factual evidence to stir the pot and sensationalise the story a little more.

criceto felice

"Shamed Borthwick also admitted he fiddled the WBMC accounts to pocket a ?7,000 catering payment".

Could this be how he was caught ? Could this be the payment that Vlad was publicly ostracized for not paying ????????

Seymour M Hersh

From what I've heard he "borrowed" the money and paid it back then made the committee aware of it. As their books are externally audited I'm guessing he knew it would come to light and avoided that happening.

Indeed it is but that also doesn't make it as big a story as the hun would like it to be.

Victor Meldrew
Those without sin can cast the first stone.

Disappointed in his actions but he always came across a decent chap to me.

Well, as someone who has never taken money without consent, I will cast a stone!

It is outrageous that someone should behave in such a manner. Even if he merely 'borrowed' the money:

1. You can't just take charity funds when you feel like it (I'll bet those who donated to the fund didn't do so on he basis that it was Borthwick's slush fund)

2. He forged signatures on cheques to do it.

Regardless of whether he paid the money back, the Police ought to do something about this.

Guest GhostHunter
From what I've heard he "borrowed" the money and paid it back then made the committee aware of it. As their books are externally audited I'm guessing he knew it would come to light and avoided that happening.

Indeed it is but that also doesn't make it as big a story as the hun would like it to be.

So, there will be a record of him having "borrowed" it, and that record currently resides with other members of the WB ?

so there WAS asset stripping going on connected to hearts. sir gay was right all along, just the wrong fellow.

what a rat.

I surely can't be the only one who's wondering how long the Hun has had this "exclusive" story.

Always had something to say about Hearts as "the" voice of the fans. I hope some big Hibby has a "word" with him in the shower block in Sunny Saughton.

Piece of excrement stealing from the Willie Bauld MC, even if he did pay it back.

Surprised and disappointed, John always seemed like a decent guy, won't be surprised if the Sun has put a wee spin on things to sensationlaise the story.

Still he was very wrong and has let himself, WBMC and the Federation down

Remnants of Standards
so there WAS asset stripping going on connected to hearts. sir gay was right all along, just the wrong fellow.

what a rat.

So it's half nine on wednesday, and im reading that an ex-player's been caught with his pants down, and a "supporters chief" allegedly caught with his hands in the till.

Who are we playing saturday????

So it's half nine on wednesday, and im reading that an ex-player's been caught with his pants down, and a "supporters chief" allegedly caught with his hands in the till.

:P Yeah, cause attacking 2 random non-Hearts players will really get to the Csaba and the guys....

:P Yeah, cause attacking 2 random non-Hearts players will really get to the Csaba and the guys....

Exactly, sadly both these stories are related to hearts and the people were either directly employed by hearts or related bodies at the time of their crimes.

Paranioa with your breakfast this morning:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Guest JamboRobbo
From what I've heard he "borrowed" the money and paid it back then made the committee aware of it.

Fair enough mate.

IMO, if you haven't got the constent of the person your borrowing from (because you know fine well you wouldn't have got the consent) but you go ahead and borrow the item anyway and only tell them afterwards, then it isn't borrowing.

Seymour M Hersh
So, there will be a record of him having "borrowed" it, and that record currently resides with other members of the WB ?

I guess Dex but I'm not privvy to that info. They are not pursuing it via the polis though as far as I'm aware.

Guest JamboRobbo

We may as well give up now. All these stories mean we have no chance of winning on saturday now. :P

Guest GhostHunter
Fair enough mate.

IMO, if you haven't got the constent of the person your borrowing from because you know fine well you wouldn't have got the consent, but you go ahead and borrow the item anyway and only tell them afterwards, then it isn't borrowing.

Yup.

Like, I see your wallet lying on the bar with ?100 in it, so I "borrow" it - then later on say, "Sheeet, sorry, forgot to tell you - I 'borrowed' it earlier...here you go"....

You're still going to think I'm a thieving beep.

Seymour M Hersh
I surely can't be the only one who's wondering how long the Hun has had this "exclusive" story.

It may have happened over six weeks ago but the sun may have got wind of it via a member of WBMC.

We may as well give up now. All these stories mean we have no chance of winning on saturday now. :P

mind you, it is still only wednesday, there's still plenty time for the bog-standard player unsettling stories.

berra "come and get me rangers"

driver "i need regular european football"

kingston "i'm off to england"

Remnants of Standards
Paranioa with your breakfast this morning:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hehe i might as well support eurostars Celtic. The disease is catching!

Seymour M Hersh
Fair enough mate.

IMO, if you haven't got the constent of the person your borrowing from (because you know fine well you wouldn't have got the consent) but you go ahead and borrow the item anyway and only tell them afterwards, then it isn't borrowing.

I would not disagree with you JR but I'm only passing on the info I've heard and most certainly not condoning or excusing his actions.

Guest GhostHunter
mind you, it is still only wednesday, there's still plenty time for the bog-standard player unsettling stories.

berra "come and get me rangers"

driver "i need regular european football"

kingston "i'm off to england"

Or...

Mole - I Broke My Foot

Ah...oops that wont work.

Brillant

So he "borrowed" money but never told anyone until the loan was discovered

Its absolutly shocking that this was being covered up, I would also suggest anyone who made a donation (or anyone for that matter) has a legal right to make a complaint to the police

Seymour M Hersh
Brillant

So he "borrowed" money but never told anyone until the loan was discovered

Its absolutly shocking that this was being covered up, I would also suggest anyone who made a donation (or anyone for that matter) has a legal right to make a complaint to the police

I was told he alerted the committee before it was spotted as I mentioned in an earlier post.

Or...

Mole - I Broke My Foot

Ah...oops that wont work.

which one did he break anyway.... the left one, or the other left one?

I was told he alerted the committee before it was spotted as I mentioned in an earlier post.

Oh that's alright then...............crimes of dishonesty, show people for what they are. S cumbags!

So you think its acceptable to "borrow" money without permission?

He could well have just realised he was about to be caught and came clean.

The guy and his related charities/supporter bodies are now tinged with incredibility and it will affect their pockets.

As far as I am concerned to retain any sort of credibility a theft allegation must be made.

Covering it up using the old boys act is disgraceful

Seymour M Hersh
Oh that's alright then...............crimes of dishonesty, show people for what they are. S cumbags!

Read my earlier posts bawheid I'm not condoning, supporting or excusing what he did.:mad:

Archived