Stevie Banks (merged threads)

siegementality

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hearts_crazy
Jeezo...

I've been up North for the week and not had any access to the TV or internet and i come back to this...

I got about 12 pages in before i gave up, especially as I'd confidently made up my mind from early on of the situation:

It seems to me that from the very start the decision to drop Banks wreaked(sp?) of Vlad interference.

It appears Vlad called Banksy in on Friday to tell him to take the youth team coaching role(imo and i STRESS only imo to replaced with a) Kello in goal and B) the Kaunas goalkeeping coach- only time will tell but im prepared to wager ill be proved right on both.

Understandably Banksy would have been furious at this, why the hell would a guy still more than capable of playing SPL or League 1/lower league Championship football want to suddenly all but retire to coach kids. Absolutely ****ing ludicrous.

The offer will have been rejected by Banks, much like Elvis rejected a new role offered to him. As we know, Vlad doesn't respond kindly to rejection and it is this that will have led to what happened on Saturday.

I'm gutted, and i mean literally gutted, about this. Whether or not Kello proves to be any good i don't know. But the interference, so early in the season, is devastating. Obviously much of my post is down to my interpretation of all the events but i don't think i'm far wrong- again time will tell.

Sorry but 'Vlad GTF.' You've just about had your last chance with me.

[Despite all this i still fully expect, and demand, 3 points on Sat]

You should get a job with the Evening News. "This is my take on events and I am absolutely effervescent with rage about it". Has it occurred to you that your take on events may, just may, be utter claptrap. As I have said there are too many people on this thread getting ludicrously worked up about something which, granted, could be true, but could equally be utter nonsense.

I have nothing to add to this thread. There is no way however that I could miss out on being part of it, given its momentousity. For the record, I have no source.

You should get a job with the Evening News. "This is my take on events and I am absolutely effervescent with rage about it". Has it occurred to you that your take on events may, just may, be utter claptrap. As I have said there are too many people on this thread getting ludicrously worked up about something which, granted, could be true, but could equally be utter nonsense.

I think the "utter nonsense" bit is more than likely correct.

I think the "utter nonsense" bit is more than likely correct.

But you cant rule out the fact that it could be true.:dontgetit:

I have nothing to add to this thread. There is no way however that I could miss out on being part of it, given its momentousity. For the record, I have no source.

Is this the biggest thread in the history off Jambos Kickback, someone must know ?:waiting:

Dr. Bapswent
Is this the biggest thread in the history off Jambos Kickback, someone must know ?:waiting:

Id imagine, the 'lets count to a million' thread surpassed this....

Commander Harris

last poster wins had about 1000 posts from indivdual posters!

but this is probably up there for terrace threads.

loveofthegame

You may be right, and i hope you are.

I don't trust Vlad though, and worry that he hasn't and will never, change his ways.

We'll not know until Banks speaks out, or until further action is taken.

I apologise for having the audacity to put forward my take on things. However what we do know is-Banks has suddenly been demoted from 1st choice keeper and 1st team g/k coach to youth team g/k coach. Csaba has made contradictory comments on the matter. A goalie has been signed from Kaunas. Rumours that Vlad stormed in to the dressing room saying that a player can't be trusted (where have we heard that before...).

I may have put 2+2 together and got 463, I don't know. But then none of us really do. And imo that makes my views as valid as anyone elses. Like i have said time will tell.

the voice from above
Surely that Mark McGhee one was biggest?

that's what i was thinking...

anyone confirm/deny?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

And still it goes on.....

I'm sure PLEASE IGNORE THIS THREAD went platinum several times over. A classic

But congratulations to everyone who has helped to make this thread a success.

that's what i was thinking...

anyone confirm/deny?

Na i don't think it was, however if its true about Banksy, does that mean and I'm whispering this, that the dreaded Fax machine is back on again ?:kickhat:

But you cant rule out the fact that it could be true.:dontgetit:

It could be....but I just think we'd have heard and seen a hell of a lot more about it had it been true.

It could be....but I just think we'd have heard and seen a hell of a lot more about it had it been true.

Yes the more i think about this the more im thinking that maybee its a load off tosh, on the other hand there could be a small amount off truth in there some where.

No smoke without fire.

monkfish1979
....there are too many people on this thread getting ludicrously worked up about something which, granted, could be true, but could equally be utter nonsense.

Word.

britney_spears_umbrella_attack.jpg

hearts_crazy
You may be right, and i hope you are.

I don't trust Vlad though, and worry that he hasn't and will never, change his ways.

We'll not know until Banks speaks out, or until further action is taken.

I apologise for having the audacity to put forward my take on things. However what we do know is-Banks has suddenly been demoted from 1st choice keeper and 1st team g/k coach to youth team g/k coach. Csaba has made contradictory comments on the matter. A goalie has been signed from Kaunas. Rumours that Vlad stormed in to the dressing room saying that a player can't be trusted (where have we heard that before...).

I may have put 2+2 together and got 463, I don't know. But then none of us really do. And imo that makes my views as valid as anyone elses. Like i have said time will tell.

Well you did go on a half hour rant coming up with countless 'what if' scenarios culminating in the time honoured 'Vlad GTF' comment. Why don't you start by saying to yourself, what an utter load of balls that **** Anderson has written this time and try another one based on that. You might as well because there is just as much credence from that viewpoint.

Bottom line is none of us know for sure, and Vlad has done a lot worse in his time, so why are we getting all hot under the collar about this?

Yes the more i think about this the more im thinking that maybee its a load off tosh, on the other hand there could be a small amount off truth in there some where.

No smoke without fire.

My guess is that comments liking Banksy to the Riccarton 3 are a complete fabrication.

Frankenstein Jambo.

No smoke without fire.

What a big thread:)

I would like wish banksey all the best with his coaching career and hope he makes a huge success with it at Hearts.

He is, still, in my veiw the best goalkeeper at hearts and I am very suprised that he wont play again for Hearts.

We have to hope Jamie M can step up tothe responsibility!.

monkfish1979

My take on it is that Vlad found out that Banks is a reptiod - hence his small stature and quick reflexes. When Banks signed his contract last year, he had to undergo a medical, where it was found that he is cold blooded - explaining his periodic need to bask in sunlight when the weather is good. He also dines on flies. IMO.

Commander Harris

just listened to a hearts world interview with Stewart. When asked about Banks he responded in the following way (if my audio typing is up to scratch!)

"it's obviously something banksy has negotiated with the club, to be honest I've been away for the last few days so I'm not not 100% sure what the scenario is in terms of what his coaching role is so i dinnae want to mention too much on that but I'm sure that if banksy's managed to agree something then hopefully it's something he's happy with."

Really cant see the problem with this one at all even if Vlad has interfered with this. Banks could barely save a shot last year and almost every one that was hit at him went in the net, of course the defence didn't help but he's not gettin any younger and cant see the problem in bringing in two keepers at a good age to fight it out for no 1 spot with McDonald still young and quality and waiting in the wings if they fail to impress... Banks not being in goal for Hearts isnt a big issue at all abd as for the coaching side of things, thats nought to do with the fans... RELAX

Nucky Thompson

I can see this thread going on a good bit more after the news of the new goalkeeping coach:rolleyes:

I can see this thread going on a good bit more after the news of the new goalkeeping coach:rolleyes:

Nah, I think that the new thread on that will simply overtake this by kick off Saturday

Just wait for the Kello thread....;)

Nah, I think that the new thread on that will simply overtake this by kick off Saturday

Just wait for the Kello thread....;)

if vlad goes into the dressing room on Sat after the game and makes an announcement then this thread is on toast when the new thread starts.

siegementality
Chris, you know as well as I do that the only thing on this board that gives any story/rumour crediblity is a source. How many times have you posted that one word alone when replying to a story/rumour?

Not revealing a source is one thing, not revealing yourself (oh er!) is quite another. TBH it actually has less credibilty as at least the other people who offered new insights into this situation, positive or negative, did so without hiding behind someone else.

The information is no more credible than any other on here that doesn't name a source. This one just happens to fit a bit better with everyone taking a share of the blame.

Any chance of an answer Chris or Dexter?

Word.

britney_spears_umbrella_attack.jpg

you got any recent Brittany pictures i heard she was looking good these days.

loveofthegame

Banks has already sought legal advice which is why he has kept his mouth shut. Not a massive shock i guess.

Source: A Hearts supporting individual who advises the SFA at times. Can't give any more detail. His words are that it could all blow up.

siegementality
Banks has already sought legal advice which is why he has kept his mouth shut. Not a massive shock i guess.

Source: A Hearts supporting individual who advises the SFA and at times Hearts on legal matters and alike. His words are that it could all blow up.

Would explain Banks silence on the matter certainly.

The Real Maroonblood
The SFA? Lets hope so.

Does the SFA have the authority to Section Romanov under The Mental Health Act.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Does the SFA have the authority to Section Romanov under The Mental Health Act.

No, but they should section George Peat first anyway.

Source: A Hearts supporting individual who advises the SFA at times. Can't give any more detail. His words are that it could all blow up.

This one i have to see.

An employee gets dropped and told to take a coaches job instead as the manager no longer rates him as the number one.

I don't see Vlads lawyers losing much sleep over this one i'm afraid.

If Banks has a case then surely Elliott has one also as he is in the same position,dropped and training with the youths?.

This one i have to see.

An employee gets dropped and told to take a coaches job instead as the manager no longer rates him as the number one.

I don't see Vlads lawyers losing much sleep over this one i'm afraid.

If Banks has a case then surely Elliott has one also as he is in the same position,dropped and training with the youths?.

...or a Goalie signs a contract which also provides that he is to be first team goalie coach. Then for no legal reason gets dumped to youth coach.

You get a job as assistant director at a company, a few weeks in you're put permanently onto toilet cleaning duties.

Basic employment law tells me you'd have a case

*caveat - obviously Banks may be a very nasty man, and be in material breach of his contract, and we dont know the full terms of his contract. Although material breach would allow a sacking, not demotion.

...or a Goalie signs a contract which also provides that he is to be first team goalie coach. Then for no legal reason gets dumped to youth coach.

You get a job as assistant director at a company, a few weeks in you're put permanently onto toilet cleaning duties.

Basic employment law tells me you'd have a case

*caveat - obviously Banks may be a very nasty man, and be in material breach of his contract, and we dont know the full terms of his contract. Although material breach would allow a sacking, not demotion.

Sorry Jammy T but i am going to have to bow to your superior knowledge here re Contracts.

I await future developments on this issue but imo we will here very little more about this.

Sorry Jammy T but i am going to have to bow to your superior knowledge here re Contracts.

I await future developments on this issue but imo we will here very little more about this.

Dont apologise

It all depends on the content of the contract.

You are correct in relation to players generally - eg they cannot generally talk to lawyers if they are simply dropped (although I would say there was an argument in some form if they could prove they were being maliciously prejudiced or whatever) but on that point you are correct

If however you are given a defined coaching role and that changes without reason, you are no longer doing the job you signed up to do

So, in that respect, football is no different from any other job.

If you had a really good job in a company and you had demotion forced on you without any contractual clause to allow this, you would have employment law on your side to either challenge the demotion, or you could potentially leave and argue constructive dismissal

Interestingly, depending upon how Hearts contracts are structured you could argue that if Hearts were in material breach of the contract against you that none of it's terms applied any more and you were no longer bound by confidentiality clauses and the like....although there are contractual ways to close such loopholes which I am sure Vlad has utilised

loveofthegame
Dont apologise

You are correct in relation to players generally - eg they cannot generally talk to lawyers if they are simply dropped (although I would say there was an argument in some form if they could prove they were being maliciously prejudiced or whatever) but on that point you are correct

If however you are given a defined coaching role and that changes without reason, you are no longer doing the job you signed up to do

If you had a really good job in a company and you had demotion forced on you without any contractual clause to allow this, you would have employment law on your side to either challenge the demotion, or you could potentially leave and argue constructive dismissal

Interestingly, depending upon how Hearts contracts are structured you could argue that if Hearts were in material breach of the contract against you that none of it's terms applied any more and you were no longer bound by confidentiality clauses and the like....although there are contractual ways to close such loopholes which I am sure Vlad has utilised

Exactly, the case solely depends on the wording in the contract. Hence why Banks has only spoken to his lawyers and not immediately raised a case. They will be looking over the contract and if they decide he has a case then I'm sure we'll know all about it.

If Vlad was to go on to 'sack' Banks over the affair then there would be the obvious unfair dismissal tribunal.

Dont apologise

I think the first thing to get across is that you cannot compare football with other employments because if Banks had a contract it would have been as a goalkeeper (not 1st team goalkeeper) and if he had a joint role it would have been as goalkeeper/coach without specification, meaning he could be played in any appropriate team or used to coach any of our teams. Demotion therefore is not an issue as it would be with static positions like a Works Manager or Head Wages Clerk. Just imagine 11 players with contracts to say they were 1st team players - there would be no need for a manager, only a coach, and barring injury we would all know what the team would be each week (and so would the opposition).

I think the first thing to get across is that you cannot compare football with other employments because if Banks had a contract it would have been as a goalkeeper (not 1st team goalkeeper) and if he had a joint role it would have been as goalkeeper/coach without specification, meaning he could be played in any appropriate team or used to coach any of our teams. Demotion therefore is not an issue as it would be with static positions like a Works Manager or Head Wages Clerk. Just imagine 11 players with contracts to say they were 1st team players - there would be no need for a manager, only a coach, and barring injury we would all know what the team would be each week (and so would the opposition).

I totally agree on the player - position in team issue, as I said above. No case to answer there

If you have been given the job of "1st team goalie coach" this is a different matter, as I said above

Equally if he has a contract that says "goalie coach" without being specific, then he would be on shakey ground.

I'm not sure we disagree other than you stating he would have been given a generic coaching job - neither of us know precisely what his contract says, of course

I totally agree on the player - position in team issue, as I said above. No case to answer there

If you have been given the job of "1st team goalie coach" this is a different matter, as I said above

Equally if he has a contract that says "goalie coach" without being specific, then he would be on shakey ground.

I'm not sure we disagree other than you stating he would have been given a generic coaching job - neither of us know precisely what his contract says, of course

I don't know either, that is true, but the main thing is that we agree, in employment law, there would have been no demotion in the playing role.

Looking at the coaching role (and yes, I am guessing) I imagine when that situation arose there would simply be an addendum to his contract relating to his extra duties, which at that time seemed to be only temporary. VR and his crew would have to be off their heads to specify that he would be permanent 1st Team Goalkeeping Coach. Even if they did, they could easily restructure to get round the problem eg if you had a manager, it would be simple enough to restructure and bring in a Head of Footballing Matters.

I don't know either, that is true, but the main thing is that we agree, in employment law, there would have been no demotion in the playing role.

Looking at the coaching role (and yes, I am guessing) I imagine when that situation arose there would simply be an addendum to his contract relating to his extra duties, which at that time seemed to be only temporary. VR and his crew would have to be off their heads to specify that he would be permanent 1st Team Goalkeeping Coach. Even if they did, they could easily restructure to get round the problem eg if you had a manager, it would be simple enough to restructure and bring in a Head of Footballing Matters.

He cant be happy in the position he has now found himself, i suspect he will leave before the end off the month.

He cant be happy in the position he has now found himself, i suspect he will leave before the end off the month.

He cannot leave unless his contract is paid up or they came to a mutual agreement to terminate.

If I were HMFC I would not allow him to leave except on condition that he did not sign for any other SPL club for the remaining time on his contract. I'd hate to see him signing for the Hobos and helping to keep us out.

I do sympathise with the situation he finds himself in because I always admired his professionalism and ability but that's business.

Archived