Stevie Banks (merged threads)

siegementality

I think we all agree that Banks has been treated harshly over the past week, he has been TOLD, he will never play for Hearts again and has been demoted to the youth goalkeeper coach, here's a song that we could sing in support of Banks;

Oh Banksie Banksie Banksie Banksie - England's number one, Oh Banksie Banksie Banksie Banksie - England's number one, Oh Banksie Banksie Banksie Banksie - England's number one, Oh Banksie Banksie Banksie Banksie - England's number one...

That would sound amazing ringing round the stands at Tynecastle, the players know how much of a favourite he was with the majority of fans, I have never met anyone who didn't like him, this would really be a good way to show our feelings towards what has happened.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Future's Maroon

Don't take it the wrong way, but the songs murder!!!!!

I am still suspicious about this story?

Maybe he wanted to start at youth level coaching? Don't forget he has only just started working in that side of football and its possible he has been told we are bringing in a new 1st team GK coach (a Jim Stewart type).

Guest JamboRobbo
What about Koslovski, do you want to start a song in support of him?

Why would you start a song about someone who's biggest contribution is accusing the Hearts fans of being racist?

Why would you start a song about someone who's biggest contribution is accusing the Hearts fans of being racist?

Was just wondering that!

Banks: Top pro, good servant to the club

Koslovski: Called Hearts fans racist

What a top comparison :sad:

This is getting stupid.

Banks is now youth coach.....deal with it!!!!

Do you know that the only people I know who are getting wound up by this whole Banksie thing are idiots on Kickback.

What about Koslovski, do you want to start a song in support of him?

Whooo?

I haven't honestly heard that name associated with Hearts before, you're compairing him with Banks.

Nucky Thompson
Why?
Well, along the same theme as the way Hearts treat their employees. If Stevie Banks was treated harshly(demoted to goalkeeping coach) who's to say Koslovski wasn't:rolleyes:

Without Vlad Hearts were/are finished-discuss.

There is just as valid an argument to be had that with Vlad we are finished

Dr. Bapswent
There is just as valid an argument to be had that with Vlad we are finished

Thats not true, with Vlad we may not be working as effectively, but we are definately still functioning.

marshallschunkychicken
But if an employee signs up to both play and be first team coach and his role is then changed non-voluntarily, it doesnt really matter what the employers reasons are. It remains a change in the job he signed to do without his consent.

If Banks has been guilty of a sacking offence, they could have emptied him, but not just dished out some sort of school playground detention of being youth coach one day a week.

Childish, petty, vindictive and unprofessional in the extreme - whatever way you look at it

Couldn't agree more.

This is getting stupid.

Banks is now youth coach.....deal with it!!!!

Do you know that the only people I know who are getting wound up by this whole Banksie thing are idiots on Kickback.

It seems by your post, you're getting wound up about it as well...

You set that one up for me, sorry:)

So Vlad can do what he wants and we had better all agree !!!

Oh aye and this manager has complete control over the team !!!!!!!!:sad:

Well, along the same theme as the way Hearts treat their employees. If Stevie Banks was treated harshly(demoted to goalkeeping coach) who's to say Koslovski wasn't:rolleyes:

Oh, I'm sure Romanov will "look after" Knoblovski - just as he has Malofeev, Cervenkov, Valdas....

And I'm sure he will empty/force out Banks, just as he has Elvis, Hartley etc etc

You see the connection?

Gonnae take some video footage of you singing a song lamenting the departure of Knoblovski though and post it on here?

There was a time when you could have found a lot of Germans who thought that about Hitler :rolleyes:

Oh by the way, how is it under the bridge today?

Thats not true, with Vlad we may not be working as effectively, but we are definately still functioning.

In the interest of fairness...

Similarly, if VR hadn't came along we would still have been functioning, just not effectively.

I didnt say it was true

I just said it was just as valid an argument.

And the Romanov era has not finished yet, so until it has you cant say that there is no valid argument to be had.

Not only is it quasi censorship, it is just wrong

You cant sit on the fence saying it might not be all that bad, without sitting on the same fence saying, but it might not be all that good. Although thats what you seem to do.

Surely?

monkfish1979

For crying out loud, what the hell has happened to everybody on here? The slightest sniff of something that people may not agree with and there are hysterical tantrums, tears and it's back to every second thread being a "What can we do about...." one. There seem to be various issues with "moving on". Either there are a whole load of embarrassingly over-emotional jambos or we have a hobo infestation, IMO.

How about "Always look on the bright side of life?"

There are 2 side to this story, and I beleive that each one is as pesh as the other......at least the guy still has a job........time to move on now!

What exactly has this rank thread go to do solely with Steve Banks???

Please explain?

Dr. Bapswent
I didnt say it was true

I just said it was just as valid an argument.

And the Romanov era has not finished yet, so until it has you cant say that there is no valid argument to be had.

Not only is it quasi censorship, it is just wrong

You cant sit on the fence saying it might not be all that bad, without sitting on the same fence saying, but it might not be all that good. Although thats what you seem to do.

Surely?

Interesting sweeping generalizations ,about me, not sure why.

Sticking to the subject of the post, rather than aiming it at posters, then I didnt say there was no valid argument to be had, I just altered yours a little, to make it more accurate.

No need for the knicker twisting.

Nucky Thompson

Gonnae take some video footage of you singing a song lamenting the departure of Knoblovski though and post it on here?

Mate, I'm not the one saying I'm going to start songs in support of anyone. I'm asking the OP who's going to start a song about one Hearts employee if he's going to start a song about another employee. Also I think Koslovski is a snake in the grass:slither:

How about "Always look on the bright side of life?"

There are 2 side to this story, and I beleive that each one is as pesh as the other......at least the guy still has a job........time to move on now!

He is a footballer though, even though he has a job, all that will do is keep him at Hearts, ie not going to another SPL team, he only has at most 2-3 seasons left as a player, we can't take his last years away from him.

Stevie who?

banksie was a good professional coming to the end of his career and got a shift at Tynie after the departure of a world class goalkeeper for a national record transfer fee. He was never a long term solution and certainly not to be inducted into our school of goalkeeping legends (Cruikie, Giles, CG).

Most 36 year old footballers are living on short term contracts. I don't know what's happened, but it's a non-issue.

Walter Payton

I know there's been millions of Banks threads on the board and I'm sure somebody will have asked this question in at least one of them somewhere, but has there been any media that has contained quotes from Steve Banks saying he's unhappy? There was allegedly an unnamed source from the dressing room at Inbrox saying Vlad made comments that Banks would obviously be unhappy with, but if all this is true I'm a bit confused as to why he'd still be at the club at all. If the club changed his contract without his consent, would he not be entitled to leave if he wanted? Maybe he's not as unhappy with the situation as people are making out.

Seymour M Hersh
But if an employee signs up to both play and be first team coach and his role is then changed non-voluntarily, it doesnt really matter what the employers reasons are. It remains a change in the job he signed to do without his consent.

If Banks has been guilty of a sacking offence, they could have emptied him, but not just dished out some sort of school playground detention of being youth coach one day a week.

Childish, petty, vindictive and unprofessional in the extreme - whatever way you look at it

Speculation, have you ever been privy to his contract? If the company can prove gross misconduct then they surely have a case. I.m not for a moment suggesting SB is guilty of this but

Mate, I'm not the one saying I'm going to start songs in support of anyone. I'm asking the OP who's going to start a song about one Hearts employee if he's going to start a song about another employee. Also I think Koslovski is a snake in the grass:slither:

Banksie = fan favourite - fans sing song

Koslovski = not fan favourite - no fans sing song

easy maths

What a lunatic way in which to run a business which is all about the motivation of the players on the park.

It is as though our Chairman didn't read the Personnel Management modules of his Kellogg's MBA.

I think we all agree that Banks has been treated harshly over the past week, he has been TOLD, he will never play for Hearts again and has been demoted to the youth goalkeeper coach, here's a song that we could sing in support of Banks;

Oh Banksie Banksie Banksie Banksie - England's number one, Oh Banksie Banksie Banksie Banksie - England's number one, Oh Banksie Banksie Banksie Banksie - England's number one, Oh Banksie Banksie Banksie Banksie - England's number one...

That would sound amazing ringing round the stands at Tynecastle, the players know how much of a favourite he was with the majority of fans, I have never met anyone who didn't like him, this would really be a good way to show our feelings towards what has happened.

OMG:eek: ...thats all:cool:

Interesting sweeping generalizations ,about me, not sure why.

Because that is what you tend to do ;)

My knickers are fine, darling. My melons are twisted though....chill :)

He is a footballer though, even though he has a job, all that will do is keep him at Hearts, ie not going to another SPL team, he only has at most 2-3 seasons left as a player, we can't take his last years away from him.

Then do you not think he should have thought before he said whatever he did to VR? There is no smoke without fire, and as much as I think VR is wired to the moon, I dont think SB is whiter than white in all this. As I say, at least he has got a job - and if the rumours are correct he will finish his playing career at another team - and we may even get some transfer money for him! I really do think it's time to move on, as nice as a guy he seemed to be, he's not that good a keeper - should we not be focussing on the forthcoming game and supporting the rest of the team?

Jam Tarts 1874

No, we do not all agree that Banks has been treated harshly, he still has a well paid job doesn't he!?

Banks was never meant to be first choice keeper. Last season he was allowed to come and go as he pleased, one minute playing in goals, the next doing a wee bit of coaching and the next he was popping up in the dug-outs beside Frail and McCann at the reserve games.

This should be the last time you need to read this, but even the likes of you should be able to understand by now that Csaba made it clear that Banks had to be either a keeper or a coach, now the decision has been made and that should be an end of it. There is no evidence whatsover that Banks has been unfairly treated in any way, if he feels he has a grievance then there are laws in place to protect employees.

Bert Le Clos

If Banks is not happy with his current situation he could leave. Like it has already been said, the club changing the details of a contract without your agreement gives you grounds to resign.

I'm sure if Banks wasn't happy with the situation he would do just that. I would think there are several clubs who would be happy to sign him as a goalie, or as a coach.

Until Banks states that he is unhappy I don't see what all the fuss is about.

Speculation, have you ever been privy to his contract? If the company can prove gross misconduct then they surely have a case. I.m not for a moment suggesting SB is guilty of this but

They have a case for dismissing him. Yes

Banks never had this many supporters in the summer when just about every thread about new players said we needed a new GK...Is this really suppor for Banks or just the usual hand-wringers looking for an angle to have yet another go at Romanov?

Think you should read the rest of the sentence. None of them do that.

:whistling:My bad. Just seen the bit in bold in JR79's post and didn't proceed to read the rest.

But yes I agree with you. He does pay their wages but I think it should be Csaba to speak to them like that. Although if we are doing extremly poorly I can maybe see why he would have a meeting with the eam and let them know what he thinks.

No, we do not all agree that Banks has been treated harshly, he still has a well paid job doesn't he!?

Banks was never meant to be first choice keeper. Last season he was allowed to come and go as he pleased, one minute playing in goals, the next doing a wee bit of coaching and the next he was popping up in the dug-outs beside Frail and McCann at the reserve games.

This should be the last time you need to read this, but even the likes of you should be able to understand by now that Csaba made it clear that Banks had to be either a keeper or a coach, now the decision has been made and that should be an end of it. There is no evidence whatsover that Banks has been unfairly treated in any way, if he feels he has a grievance then there are laws in place to protect employees.

Banks the person hasn't but Banks the professional footballer who wants to play football has (if he wants to play football which all pro footballers do). His Hearts career has been shot, and my metaphor is correct, it was like a bullet, he played one match and then his career as a professional footballer at Hearts was ended, the fans did not get a chance to say bye to Banks, one last outing between the sticks at Tynecastle would have been all that was needed, if we had heard the news this week that he will play his last game on Saturday v St Mirren, that would have been fine, we could organise songs, banners or whatever.

Banks never had this many supporters in the summer when just about every thread about new players said we needed a new GK...Is this really suppor for Banks or just the usual hand-wringers looking for an angle to have yet another go at Romanov?

I thought we were fine in the summer for goalies, Banks and McDonald for the season ahead, one experienced, one young and talented, the perfect combination.

Archived