Stevie Banks (merged threads)

siegementality

siegementality
We've got St Midden at home.

I trust this provides the information you were seeking.

What time will you be leaving that? In time to catch the Rioters score on the box?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ToadKiller Dog
Yep, let's just wait until we see like we waited on the Burley situation, the Rix situation, the Valdas situation, the Skacel situation, the Riccarrton 3 situation, the Briellier situation, the Driver situation, the "management" situation, etc, etc. All VR's mess, created by him. But let's wait and see eh.

So are you calling on fans to protest now or yesterday?.

and will you lead us?

What time will you be leaving that? In time to catch the Rioters score on the box?

Rioters? :confused: What are you referring to?

As always, I shall leave Tynecastle when I feel like leaving.

ToadKiller Dog
Rioters? :confused: What are you referring to?

As always, I shall leave Tynecastle when I feel like leaving.

Around 16.20 then?.

Assuming you're old enough to work, does your employer publicly announce and justify demotions? :o

There is no smoke without fire.

Around 16.20 then?.

I may go earlier, later or at 16:20. I like living on the edge. If you see me leaving and wish to discuss it with me, please feel free to do so.

siegementality
So are you calling on fans to protest now or yesterday?.

and will you lead us?

No and no.

Expressing an opinion and asking questions is better than "let's wait and see what happens man". I am prepared to ask questions some prefer to wait and see.

ToadKiller Dog
I may go earlier, later or at 16:20. I like living on the edge. If you see me leaving and wish to discuss it with me, please feel free to do so.

I will be backing my team until the end my pint can wait,will you and you mates not be sweeping the stadium for Salmond anyway? .

will you and you mates not be sweeping the stadium for Salmond anyway? .

No point, he never goes. We'd have more chance of finding Bigfoot. :rolleyes:

No and no.

Expressing an opinion and asking questions is better than "let's wait and see what happens man". I am prepared to ask questions some prefer to wait and see.

We need a leader to organize us, you are the man for the job, prepared to ask questions, you got an opinion man.

Step up to the platform and lead.

You have created the biggest thread in the history of Kickback.

siegementality
We need a leader to organize us, you are the man for the job, prepared to ask questions, you got an opinion man.

Unfortuately the McGhee thread still wins by another 1600 posts, I'm working on it though:p

siegementality

Aha, I've cracked it!!! Given all the positives at Tynecastle and given althe positive people on JKB, I created the

Hearts - Lovely and Fluffy and Nice

thread. It should pish all over the McGhee thread!! Hey, hey, I am the winner, it's only a matter of time GIRFU you all!!!!!

hearts_crazy
How long do we wait for an answer, the whole situation is a complete mystery, and ranks have been closed.

THE SILENCE IS DEAFENING.:bek035:

So what exactly do you want the club to do? Come out and confirm or deny the story? Do you think that's likely? The problem is that if they remain silent then obviously (in some people's eyes anyway) the story is true, if they come out and deny it I guarantee at least half the folk on Kickback will instantly poopoo it and say they "were bound to say that". So they're damned if they do and they're damned if they don't, probably better to ignore it and it will blow over in a week or so, (except on Kickback of course where we are at 38 pages and counting), why can't you see that?

It's not the same as the Kello story BTW. The club was able to correct the media's take on that story because they had the proof of the unedited version of the interview. With the Banks thing it was simply a story that appeared in the papers, the club have no proof that it didn't happen so even if the come out and say the story is untrue then it's still up to the individual to decide which version they want to believe. The story may appear to have some truth in it but it was written by a Journalist, they are renowned for stretching the truth or just downright lying to sell papers.

The problem is that Vlad has previous on the weirdo front. That adds weight to the story, but it would add weight to any story, it depends on the gullibility of the reader. If a Journo wrote a story about how Vlad is actually from Venus and he parks his spaceship in Tynie School car park disguised as a Vauxhall Astra on match days, someone on Kickback would start a thread about it, utterly convinced of it's validity.

Can we put this thread to bed yet, or are we still going for the record?

siegementality
So what exactly do you want the club to do? Come out and confirm or deny the story? Do you think that's likely? The problem is that if they remain silent then obviously (in some people's eyes anyway) the story is true, if they come out and deny it I guarantee at least half the folk on Kickback will instantly poopoo it and say they "were bound to say that". So they're damned if they do and they're damned if they don't, probably better to ignore it and it will blow over in a week or so, (except on Kickback of course where we are at 38 pages and counting), why can't you see that?

It's not the same as the Kello story BTW. The club was able to correct the media's take on that story because they had the proof of the unedited version of the interview. With the Banks thing it was simply a story that appeared in the papers, the club have no proof that it didn't happen so even if the come out and say the story is untrue then it's still up to the individual to decide which version they want to believe. The story may appear to have some truth in it but it was written by a Journalist, they are renowned for stretching the truth or just downright lying to sell papers.

The problem is that Vlad has previous on the weirdo front. That adds weight to the story, but it would add weight to any story, it depends on the gullibility of the reader. If a Journo wrote a story about how Vlad is actually from Venus and he parks his spaceship in Tynie School car park disguised as a Vauxhall Astra on match days, someone on Kickback would start a thread about it, utterly convinced of it's validity.

Can we put this thread to bed yet, or are we still going for the record?

Excuse me, "The club have no proof it didn't happen"?

rudi must stay
Some players improve, others don't, it's not an exact science or football management would be an easy gig.

You said he will get better, when he might get better is correct. Csaba said Banks was better than MacDonald, strange decision therefore to sack Banks.

Your whole Banks emptied in favour of letting MaCDonald improve argument will be blown out of the water in the next few weeks, if not tomorrow, when Kello is in goals. How are you going to explain that move as being of benefit to MacDonalds career?

if he's crap then MacDonald will play again. and btw what happens if he's still in goals? Csaba has refused to say who'll be in goals tomorrow

hearts_crazy
Excuse me, "The club have no proof it didn't happen"?

How, pray tell could they prove that Vlad didn't on a paranoid psycho rant behind closed doors unless they have hidden camera footage from the dressing room showing Vlad actually talking calmly about knitting or something?

I thought you wanted your fluffy thread to beat this one anyway, so why keep it going just for the hell of it?

Guest mussy mike
Would be resonable enough if Jamie MacDonald was number 1 and Banks was back up to him. With the arrival of Kello then it would have seemed sensible that Banks moved to the coaching role but...........Banks was Csabas number 1 choice as goalkeeper. Jamie MacDonald has what SPL experience? Kello has what SPL experience? Banks is the most experienced, and best, keeper on Hearts books at the moment. It is a strange decision in my opinion.

But then what are hearts going to do if banks gets his game all the time and then it comes to a time that he has to retire and then we have no keeper with no experience??? that's why we should give MacDonald a shot in goals so he can gain better experience, plus MacDonald has played against hibs in the scottish cup and rangers in the final!!

Charlie-Brown
No and no.

Will you start the Peter Latchford thread after what that evil Vlad did to him?

siegementality
How, pray tell could they prove that Vlad didn't on a paranoid psycho rant behind closed doors unless they have hidden camera footage from the dressing room showing Vlad actually talking calmly about knitting or something?

I thought you wanted your fluffy thread to beat this one anyway, so why keep it going just for the hell of it?

They simply say it didn't happen. They have Christophe Berra (only as he is the captain, it could easily be someone else) say, rant at Ipox, what are you on about? Mr VR did no such thing. Steve Banks could make an appearance telling everyone how there is no fall out between him and anybody and he is happy in his role. I'll tell you what, even I would believe it if those two came out and said it. That would be proof enough even for cynical old me.

P.S. where is your contribution to the lovely, fluffy and nice thread?

siegementality
Will you start the Peter Latchford thread after what that evil Vlad did to him?

Yes, will you contribute?

siegementality
But then what are hearts going to do if banks gets his game all the time and then it comes to a time that he has to retire and then we have no keeper with no experience??? that's why we should give MacDonald a shot in goals so he can gain better experience, plus MacDonald has played against hibs in the scottish cup and rangers in the final!!

What does any club do when something happens to their first choice keeper?

Charlie-Brown
Yes, will you contribute?

Yes he was binned in a shockingly inconsiderate way at the behest of George Burley for some English guy who jumped ship 3 months later......disgraceful.... :rolleyes:

siegementality
Yes he was binned in a shockingly inconsiderate way at the behest of George Burley for some English guy who jumped ship 3 months later......disgraceful.... :rolleyes:

Proof?, Source?

Charlie-Brown
Not really on topic, but thats seems much longer than 3 years ago.

Where does the time go......

Where do all the flowers go? :confused:

Where do all the flowers go? :confused:

On a slightly bit of randomness.....

The only pro Vietnam film ever made by an American studio was The Green Berets, starring John Wayne.

Its ****ing awful.

Charlie-Brown
On a slightly bit of randomness.....

The only pro Vietnam film ever made by an American studio was The Green Berets, starring John Wayne.

Its ****ing awful.

Yes that film is a travesty........John Wayne was still great though. :rolleyes:

siegementality
Not the article I was looking for but this is a useful starting point....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/4644395.stm

Sorry bud, you'll have to do better. Where is there any reference of his poor treatment, even a bit of rumour (other than the one you have just started)?

P.S. Was Latchford in full time employment with Hearts?

Charlie-Brown
Sorry bud, you'll have to do better. Where is there any reference of his poor treatment, even a bit of rumour (other than the one you have just started)?

P.S. Was Latchford in full time employment with Hearts?

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/mrep/20050710010.htm

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football-news/scottish-football/spl-football/hearts-fc/2008/06/07/latchford-fears-macdonald-s-return-to-hearts-will-end-in-tears-86908-20598497/

there was a lot more about this on the now deceased forum server......

Anyway Burley wanted Latchford out and Webster in - Webster appeared to be a top class goalie coach..but when he left with Burley then McGlynn had to go see Scotland Goalie coach Jim Stewart about helping the club out again....

siegementality
http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/mrep/20050710010.htm

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football-news/scottish-football/spl-football/hearts-fc/2008/06/07/latchford-fears-macdonald-s-return-to-hearts-will-end-in-tears-86908-20598497/

there was a lot more about this on the now deceased forum server......

Anyway Burley wanted Latchford out and Webster in - Webster appeared to be a top class goalie coach..but when he left with Burley then McGlynn had to go see Scotland Goalie coach Jim Stewart about helping the club out again....

Oh dear, so thus far you have "proved" that Latchford was replaced at Hearts by Webster and low and behold if old Webster doesn't leave when the guy who brought him to the club (Burley) is sacked for no apparent reason.

The Daily Record article is particuarly interesting given Latchfords comments about VR. Could Latchford be trusted if he thought those thoughts? Was he a "traitor", Sounds to me he had more problems with VR than GB? Whose to say VR didn't want rid after thinging those horrible thoughts about Vlad?

NMH Mid term report card - Charlie must try harder.

Charlie-Brown
Oh dear, so thus far you have "proved" that Latchford was replaced at Hearts by Webster and low and behold if old Webster doesn't leave when the guy who brought him to the club (Burley) is sacked for no apparent reason.

The Daily Record article is particuarly interesting given Latchfords comments about VR. Could Latchford be trusted if he thought those thoughts? Was he a "traitor", Sounds to me he had more problems with VR than GB? Whose to say VR didn't want rid after thinging those horrible thoughts about Vlad?

NMH Mid term report card - Charlie must try harder.

Maybe I'm just tired after like so many other 'taking one for the team' trousers at the ankles whilst you guard Hearts honour & conscience with your questioning....how to win friends and influence people ;)

Charlie-Brown
NMH is alright in my book.

Cheers G-A :)

Anyway my point was we turned a blind eye to staff being binned & treated in a shabby manner when Burley was the chief executioner........I guess then we thought you can't make an omellete without breaking eggs and ends justify means etc etc.......that isn't what I really think....fitba is a precarious business even down to junior levels people get the shaft all the time...but seige is on a crusade for justice. :)

Drylaw Hearts

Jumped ship ?

Pushed overboard surely ?

Charlie-Brown
Jumped ship ?

Pushed overboard surely ?

Maybe DH but i don't think they were minded to stick around - GB was the only reason they came in the first place......

Drylaw Hearts
Maybe DH but i don't think they were minded to stick around - GB was the only reason they came in the first place......

No 'maybe's' about it NMH.

siegementality
Maybe I'm just tired after like so many other 'taking one for the team' trousers at the ankles whilst you guard Hearts honour & conscience with your questioning....how to win friends and influence people ;)

Charlie, I will guard Hearts honour in whatever way I can as opposed to slinging mud at George Burley who just might have went on to make us the success we all, with the exception of VR it would appear, wanted.

Incidentally how much questioning did you do when Burley was emptied, or was just that another one for the team?

Has anyone seen that thread about Steve Banks? I'm sure I left it around here somewhere?!

:cool_shades:

Sorry cant find it!

siegementality
The Man Who Shot Stevie Banks.

;)

one way for him not to appear at a press conference I suppose.

I will guard Hearts honour in whatever way I can

:dramaqueen::dramaqueen::dramaqueen::dramaqueen:

My hero. :ninja:

just a thought having listened to the press conference

if someone has posted earlier i apologise but i'm getting tired of trawwling through 39 pages

if csaba and vlad decided they wanted to bring a new keeper in (banks being old and having no resale value/banks not being good enough) and they then tell banks that he will no longer feature and will just coach from now on. Queue Banks to say that he didnt go to Rangers to stay at Hearts and wants to stay as a player/coach, and Vlad sees this Banks going against the grain, and untrustworthy to train macdonald properly - and he gets demoted to youth team coach and csaba has been told not to pick him.

now vlad flies in kello and the lith to add a keeper and coach, whilst waiting to see who csaba wants to bring in ie banogh . . .

thoughts?

siegementality
No 'maybe's' about it NMH.

DH, in some peoples world GB was deservedly sacked and everyone he brought to the club should have just hung around and served Hearts. The fact that they didn't would suggest that they knew more about the GB affair than us, or knew they were next.

Some people seem to have hit rock bottom when the last resort is to throw mud at someone who could have been a great Hearts manager. Do you think the SFA investigated his drink/extra marital affairs or do you think they appointed GB just to get it right up Hearts given their obvious hatred of us?

siegementality
just a thought having listened to the press conference

if someone has posted earlier i apologise but i'm getting tired of trawwling through 39 pages

if csaba and vlad decided they wanted to bring a new keeper in (banks being old and having no resale value/banks not being good enough) and they then tell banks that he will no longer feature and will just coach from now on. Queue Banks to say that he didnt go to Rangers to stay at Hearts and wants to stay as a player/coach, and Vlad sees this Banks going against the grain, and untrustworthy to train macdonald properly - and he gets demoted to youth team coach and csaba has been told not to pick him.

now vlad flies in kello and the lith to add a keeper and coach, whilst waiting to see who csaba wants to bring in ie banogh . . .

thoughts?

Mark, someone posted that earlier. You'll have to wade through the thread to find out the response or be happy in yourself with that version of events.

Archived