Stevie Banks (merged threads)

siegementality

marshallschunkychicken
Occam's Razor

"All other things being equal, the simplest solution is the best."

And, the simplest solution is ?

It's a close call for me between 'Vlad's a nutter', and 'Banderson's a clown'.

What's your take? :laugh:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dr. Bapswent
Here's the main offenders. ;)

JamboRobbo 87

siegementality 87

Jammy T 68

Drylaw Hearts 47

redm 40

No More Heroes 37

The Boo 27

Coco 24

Dr. Bapswent 21

cosanostra 18

adamant 18

MalkyMcFrench 18

jambovambo 18

matt74 18

monkfish1979 17

Johnny Fingers 16

rudi 16

Geoff Kilpatrick 14

CJGJ 14

Hand of Gord 14

Thats priceless.

Guest GhostHunter
It's a close call for me between 'Vlad's a nutter', and 'Banderson's a clown'.

What's your take? :laugh:

You've narrowed it down to 2.

Occam's Razor still applies....

:P

Guest Dipped Flake
I wonder how the translator dealt with the alleged "rant" - did he have to copy the jumping up and down, pulling hair, slapping the wall, pulling doors off hinges and finger-pointing delivery to ensure the tenor of the message was properly understood?

totally off the main subject but I just had a Lithuanian friend and her daughter staying with us for a week and every time she wanted to tell her daughter off or to really get her point across she talked to her in Lithuanian. All other times she talked in English which she is very fluent in. She said this was because she couldn't get the correct feeling to come across when talking in a foreign language so your point, although a joke, is actually close to the truth.

marshallschunkychicken
You've narrowed it down to 2.

Occam's Razor still applies....

:P

Both have merit, a semblance of truth, and are not mutually exclusive, therefore a combination of the two....

Do I win ?5?

:unsure:

Nucky Thompson
Thats priceless.
the top four are the JKB top four negative posters, coincidence or what:)

The No 1 jersey is still up for grabs. Banks is/was No 13, McDonald is No 30 and Kello has been given No 25.

This leads me to believe that a No 1 has still to officially arrive.

Dr. Bapswent

Totally.

funny to see the top 3 people making almost 20% of all the posts on this mammoth thread.

totally off the main subject but I just had a Lithuanian friend and her daughter staying with us for a week and every time she wanted to tell her daughter off or to really get her point across she talked to her in Lithuanian. All other times she talked in English which she is very fluent in. She said this was because she couldn't get the correct feeling to come across when talking in a foreign language so your point, although a joke, is actually close to the truth.

I know people from Estonia and Poland who would completely agree with that. In fact anyone from a country which language has its routes in Russian would agree.

You can't accurately translate certain words and expressions from Russian to English.

Guest GhostHunter

The No 1 jersey is still up for grabs. Banks is/was No 13, McDonald is No 30 and Kello has been given No 25.

This leads me to believe that a No 1 has still to officially arrive.

Are you still Hungary.

Or merely peckish ?

....although to be fair, my main point was that Vlad simply had to interfere more subtley.

Not inherently negative

Totally.

funny to see the top 3 people making almost 20% of all the posts on this mammoth thread.

I wonder what the combined percentage of your posts are actually talking about those "negative" posters rather than the topic. ;)

Dr. Bapswent
I wonder what the combined percentage of your posts are actually talking about those "negative" posters rather than the topic. ;)

Oh, almost all without doubt.

But why say more when a few people say it all for you...over and over again.

Totally.

You not going to take Boo up on putting people into groups?

Or are you off-duty officer :rolleyes:?

Dr. Bapswent
You not going to take Boo up on putting people into groups?

Or are you off-duty officer :rolleyes:?

Hilarious.

Hilarious.

You're right, I guess there is no reason why you should be consistent when hardly anybody else on this board is :rolleyes:

Dr. Bapswent
You're right, I guess there is no reason why you should be consistent when hardly anybody else on this board is :rolleyes:

Some are.

Every second post on almost every thread is consistent.

Chad Sexington

Wrong.

My avatar consistently gives females the horn.

FACT!

:cool:

Francis Albert
Occam's Razor

"All other things being equal, the simplest solution is the best."

And, the simplest solution is ?

In the first of my few posts on this marathon I took the view that since Banks and Vlad had rubbed along together for a long time, the "crisis" (or change in Banks role) a few weeks after Csaba's arrival was likely to have more to do with Csaba than Vlad.

I was on the brink of admitting I was wrong at the height of the hysteria but am happy for now to stick to my initial instinct.

(Incidentally isn't it slightly strange that the Record, never slow to print "Tyncastle Turmoil" or "Mad Vlad Rants Again" seems not to have touched this story?)

Seymour M Hersh
Both have merit, a semblance of truth, and are not mutually exclusive, therefore a combination of the two....

Do I win ?5?

:unsure:

No, just a fence to sit on. :P

Guest JamboRobbo
In the interests of balance Dexter has been completely wrong before regarding first team matters. You happy to believe though because it fits in nice with your outlook, which is fair enough. Others have the same right to believe the negative versions with ridicule and abuse though.

:bravo::bravo::bravo:

Yeah right -- this is the man who sold beatles records from the boot of his car, the man who trades in the world markets and a man who owns a bank -- the universal language used is English and yet we are told he does not speak the language -- just as well he never said 'Scottish Mafia' to Chick Young -- anyone would have believed he understood the question asked him and that he replied in English.

Francis Albert
In the interests of balance Dexter has been completely wrong before regarding first team matters. You happy to believe though because it fits in nice with your outlook, which is fair enough. Others have the same right to believe the negative versions with ridicule and abuse though.

Do you mean "without ridicule and abuse"? If so why post on a message board if you can't accept "ridicule and abuse"? Respectful attention is pretty rare on these things, I've noticed.

I don't get the logic of Banks allegedly saying: "I should have gone to Rangers" as he wasn't going to be playing with Hearts any more, when it was crystal clear that he would be going there as second choice? This discredits that particular story a little in my eyes.

IF Csaba wants a more experienced goalkeeping coach, why did he ask Banks to choose between coaching and playing? Given Banks chose playing, why wasn't he given the first team jersey on Saturday?

Still a lot of questions on this issue in my opinion. At the end of the day however, what is done is done, it's time to move on.

Guest GhostHunter
I don't get the logic of Banks allegedly saying: "I should have gone to Rangers" as he wasn't going to be playing with Hearts any more, when it was crystal clear that he would be going there as second choice? This discredits that particular story a little in my eyes.

IF Csaba wants a more experienced goalkeeping coach, why did he ask Banks to choose between coaching and playing? Given Banks chose playing, why wasn't he given the first team jersey on Saturday?

Still a lot of questions on this issue in my opinion. At the end of the day however, what is done is done, it's time to move on.

You're forgetting of course, the rumours that AM was supposedly about to leave the Huns and go down south in the summer....Banks, had AM gone, probably would have been 1st choice at Rankgers for a few months....

You're forgetting of course, the rumours that AM was supposedly about to leave the Huns and go down south in the summer....Banks, had AM gone, probably would have been 1st choice at Rankgers for a few months....

I think that's a bit fanciful Dexter, Rangers would almost certainly have signed a new keeper pretty sharpish if McGregor was punted during the summer.

What is certain is that Hearts could have handled the situation more amicably, I still feel that some calm headed negotiation would enable both parties (Hearts and Banks) to come to a better solution.

monkfish1979
What is certain is that Hearts could have handled the situation more amicably, I still feel that some calm headed negotiation would enable both parties (Hearts and Banks) to come to a better solution.

Nobody knows that they didn't. Nothing about this story is in any way "certain" because nobody (apart from that clueless idiot at the EEN) has said anything.

Nobody knows that they didn't. Nothing about this story is in any way "certain" because nobody (apart from that clueless idiot at the EEN) has said anything.

Disagree, one thing we know for certain is that Banks started the season as first choice goalie and by game 2 had been demoted to coaching the youths. Without going over old ground, it would seem obvious that whatever happened did so with at least some friction.

monkfish1979
Disagree, one thing we know for certain is that Banks started the season as first choice goalie and by game 2 had been demoted to coaching the youths. Without going over old ground, it would seem obvious that whatever happened did so with at least some friction.

Going on assumptions it would appear so, based on the various tidbits that people have gathered. But to assume that the friction was caused exclusively by Hearts and that Banks is entirely blameless is unwarranted. I've no reason to doubt that he's a nice guy, but I've met a lot of nice people that have lost the plot from time to time.

Glamorgan Jambo

Just caught up with this mega thread including the PM from a trusted member from Dexter.

Interesting take on things - definitely

True - maybe

I guess the only thing i'd like to hear a comment on is that Vlad did not mention Banks is a traitor in his team address. If Banksy did go over Shabba's head he's only following a long tradition of HMFC players doing that over the last 3 years and doesn't deserve to be labelled a traitor as such.

It's easy enough for Lawrence to stick such a retraction on the HMFC website. Lets see if anything appears...

I Suspect he will be punted by the end off the transfer window, i don't think its good for the club or the player that he should stay on as the youth team goalkeepers coach.

shaun.lawson
Without Vlad Hearts were/are finished-discuss.

In which case, he can do anything, anything at all. What a marvellous state of affairs. Meanwhile, those who feel rather differently are told by you that they're either a "social worker who've had their two minutes of fame", a "drama queen", or that they should "refrain from supporting the club".

Stalin would be proud of it.

Ron Burgundy
I Suspect he will be punted by the end off the transfer window, i don't think its good for the club or the player that he should stay on as the youth team goalkeepers coach.

I would agree that it's best for him to leave if there is bad blood.

Never impressed me as a goalie and if he doesn't know when to come off his line then how the feck can he be expected to coach others on it.

He may be a great guy but he aint that great a loss.

In which case, he can do anything, anything at all. What a marvellous state of affairs. Meanwhile, those who feel rather differently are told by you that they're either a "social worker who've had their two minutes of fame", a "drama queen", or that they should "refrain from supporting the club".

Stalin would be proud of it.

I can recommend Simon Sebag Montefiore's biography of Stalin, for anyone who wants a somewhat scary insight into the Soviet mentality, of which Vlad appears to be a fully paid up subscriber!

JamboRossi79
Yes. He should leave all that up to Csaba. His addressing the players only ever causes unrest and disharmony.

The players will just have bust out laughing at Vlad the moment the door shut behind him anyway, but him sticking his nose in has nothing but possible negative results if it does upset anything. Hence why chairman should keep their noses out of football business.

I asked this earlier, what if he had been invited in to the dressing room by Csaba ? Would that be acceptable ?

JamboRossi79

Now this seems rather simple to me, Csaba has made it pretty clear he did not want a player being a keeper AND a coach, it was one or the other. First game of the season we only had Banks and MacDonald, Csba gave Banks the nod. The next week we have Banks, Kello & MacDonald, therefore we now have a choice Kello or MacDonald as keepers for first team.

FFS!

1337+ posts to discuss precisely nothing!

Banks was signed as a backup keeper by Burley and the Englishman himself was surprised to get his time in the limelight. After Gordon's inevitable departure, he was again thrust into the number 1 role, only because his replacements were not up to the job.

Surely now that 2 of the new manager's own replacements have been identified AND the current Scotland U21 keeper has returned from an outstanding loan period, then we should have expected (as should Banks!) that a long-term solution had been found.

The pathetic hand-wringing and patronising guff on this thread is typical of the lack of intelligent comment to be found on this forum these days.

portobellojambo1
I received the following earlier on from a respected member of the forum.

I post it as I got, make nor offer any opinion on the contents being factual or not, however I will reiterate it came from a respected member of the board. The PM will be forwarded to the rest of the Admin Team for transparency.[

Source: the horses mouth

Banks: Refused to go to Rangers as he was promised a coaching position at Hearts by Koslowski.

Csaba: Wanted a more experienced GK coach in.

Koslowski: Reneged on the deal with Banks and offered minor coaching job (not first team)

Banks: Unhappy at being shafted, went straight to Vlad stating that if he wasn't getting the 1st team coaching job, he wanted to keep playing.

Vlad: unhappy at Banks' demands and going above Csaba's head as Vlad has total confidence in Csaba (and incidentally, word is that Csaba DOES have COMPLETE control of the team). Vlad chats with Csaba about it and the outcome is Banks is dropped. Vlad charges into the dressing room after the game and tells everyone in no uncertain terms that Csaba IS the boss and as such, should not be undermined (as Banks had done).

Vlad offers Banks the youth GK coach job, thereby honouring the initial promise (coaching) and Koslowski gets the bullet for incompetence.

In short, the main perpetrator was Koslowski and he's paid the price. Banks was understandably angry but Vlad couldn't let Banks away with going over Csaba's head.,

/quote]

No reason to doubt any of the above.

The only comment I could offer, is the manner in which it was delivered, i.e. the rebuke, call it what you will. I think it could have been done more diplomatically, professionally, call it what you will, if it had been handled initially as part of a conversation between Laszlo, Romanov and Banks within an office in Tynecastle. Then the reasons why "a" had received a boot up the erse and "b" kicked oot the door could have then been revealed to the other members of playing staff, and the grievance route explained to them.

I accept that Romanov only pops over every now and then and he may not plan to be back for a while, and felt that Saturday, in the dressing room at Ibrox was his last opportunity to get everyone together. Even so, I think that if you are the owner of a company, whether it be large, small or in between, you should try to act with a little bit of dignity in certain circumstances, and this could maybe have been handled a wee bit better.

Finished, and apologies for interrupting the general discussion.

(Just out interest, as a side topic, what the feck are you doing talking to horses).

Thunderstruck
Yeah right -- this is the man who sold beatles records from the boot of his car, the man who trades in the world markets and a man who owns a bank -- the universal language used is English and yet we are told he does not speak the language -- just as well he never said 'Scottish Mafia' to Chick Young -- anyone would have believed he understood the question asked him and that he replied in English.

Being able to say "two-nil to Scottish Mafia" doesn't make him any more of an English speaker than me going into a Moscow bar and saying "мой друг оплатит"

J.T.F.Robertson

(Just out interest, as a side topic, what the feck are you doing talking to horses).

He finds it educational? :confused:

Banks: Unhappy at being shafted, went straight to Vlad stating that if he wasn't getting the 1st team coaching job, he wanted to keep playing.

This is the bit i cant get into my head.

How did he get by the KGB guards on the door:confused:

Do you mean "without ridicule and abuse"? If so why post on a message board if you can't accept "ridicule and abuse"? Respectful attention is pretty rare on these things, I've noticed.

Yes i did, obvious typo that can't be edited now. :rolleyes:

Who said I or anyone else can't handle ridicule or abuse ? I think most on here are pretty capable of handling any dirt thrown at them. What I can't handle is the hypocrisy of the cowards who will happily believe a unconfirmed "positive" story at the same time take pops at members who believe unconfirmed "negative" story.

Now this seems rather simple to me, Csaba has made it pretty clear he did not want a player being a keeper AND a coach, it was one or the other. First game of the season we only had Banks and MacDonald, Csba gave Banks the nod. The next week we have Banks, Kello & MacDonald, therefore we now have a choice Kello or MacDonald as keepers for first team.

So your choosing to ignore how this matter has been handled, you've still not changed, can Vlad do no wrong?

JamboRossi79
So your choosing to ignore how this matter has been handled, you've still not changed, can Vlad do no wrong?

Are you obssesed with Vlad ? You might want to try and point out where I mentioned Vlad in the post you quoted.

:slither:

Are you obssesed with Vlad ? You might want to try and point out where I mentioned Vlad in the post you quoted.

:slither:

Thats the point - you didnt, conveniently ignore what this post has been about, whether Vlad did or didnt interfere in 1st team matters with regard to the sudden removal of Banks and demotion of Banks to youth team coach, instead you just say - well we've still got the choice of two keepers, again you've missed the point

Martin - the bit in bold.

Banks was pointing out to Hearts that if he wanted to stop playing (he doesn't) he could have signed for Rangers in Jan as effectively he would have ended his playing career there and then with McGregor being 1st choice. He was pointing out the irony of the situation which was lost on Vlad.

Archived