Stevie Banks (merged threads)

siegementality

He cannot leave unless his contract is paid up or they came to a mutual agreement to terminate.

If I were HMFC I would not allow him to leave except on condition that he did not sign for any other SPL club for the remaining time on his contract. I'd hate to see him signing for the Hobos and helping to keep us out.

I do sympathise with the situation he finds himself in because I always admired his professionalism and ability but that's business.

It is like what happened to Frail at the end is now happening too Banksy.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Real Maroonblood
He cant be happy in the position he has now found himself, i suspect he will leave before the end off the month.

Which would be "The Puppet Master's angle.

loveofthegame
He cannot leave unless his contract is paid up or they came to a mutual agreement to terminate.

If I were HMFC I would not allow him to leave except on condition that he did not sign for any other SPL club for the remaining time on his contract. I'd hate to see him signing for the Hobos and helping to keep us out.I do sympathise with the situation he finds himself in because I always admired his professionalism and ability but that's business.

It would serve Vlad right.

And imo thats not business. I detest the way Vlad treats people, especially people that have shown nothing but loyalty and professionalism when at this club. Its the whole Russian way of thinking and like i say i hate it. I wish someone would knock some sense into that clown.

monkfish1979

Fair enough, IMO. People forget - probably due to the dross that was on display as an alternative last season - that Banks is old even for a keeper. He's by no means the best in the world and he has expressed an interest in taking up a coaching career. Given that he has a contract to do both, it isn't - nor should it be - his descision as to whether or not he should be picked for the team.

Let's just hope that Kello isn't a Kurskis in disguise.....

loveofthegame
Fair enough, IMO. People forget - probably due to the dross that was on display as an alternative last season - that Banks is old even for a keeper. He's by no means the best in the world and he has expressed an interest in taking up a coaching career. Given that he has a contract to do both, it isn't - nor should it be - his descision as to whether or not he should be picked for the team.

Let's just hope that Kello isn't a Kurskis in disguise.....

36 isn't old for a keeper mate. And i do not believe for a minute he'd happily give up playing now to be a youth team coach.

monkfish1979
36 isn't old for a keeper mate. And i do not believe for a minute he'd happily give up playing now to be a youth team coach.

Not ancient, true, but certainly getting on. I could be wrong, but I think Banksie's the oldest keeper in the SPL - not sure about Combe at Killie, mind. Every other team seems to have a couple of decent, younger keepers.

...Every other team seems to have a couple of decent, younger keepers.

Have hibs signed a couple of new keepers?

There was nothing on the news.

monkfish1979
Have hibs signed a couple of new keepers?

There was nothing on the news.

You got me man. Schoolboy error.

Should've added "Except Hibs, who only sign flair keepers.".

What a a hullaballoo about nothing.

New manager comes in, fancies a new keeper, gets a new keeper, old keeper unhappy. At any other club this would not be news, despite promises of coaching jobs etc etc. If Csaba doesn't want Banks as a keeper or first team coach then let's accept it and move on. Sad for Banksy, who's a good guy but he's far from the best keeper we've ever had. Once again, because of rumour, more rumour and what people think was in his contract and because Vlad owns Hearts then it has to be something sordid.

We're rebuilding the team under new management and already the signs are positive, if it means some of last season's under achievers moving on, then surely that's a good thing ??

Guest JamboRobbo
What a a hullaballoo about nothing.

New manager comes in, fancies a new keeper, gets a new keeper, old keeper unhappy. At any other club this would not be news, despite promises of coaching jobs etc etc.

Agreed. But at any other club, they would'n't have the history we have over the past two years, of the owner bringing in people from Kaunus, over the managers head......

Hence why it is a perfectly valid concern when we're talking about it in the context of HMFC, Vlad, and someone coming in from Kaunus.

Agreed. But at any other club, they would'n't have the history we have over the past two years, of the owner bringing in people from Kaunus, over the managers head......

Hence why it is a perfectly valid concern when we're talking about it in the context of HMFC, Vlad, and someone coming in from Kaunus.

Sure, but as always people are being judgemental without the facts. It's like saying that someone is guilty of a crime because he's done the same thing before, so therefore he must have done it this time. Not acceptable on any level.

Let's trust the manager for now. If it goes pear shaped then we can take to the streets, pitchfork in hand.

loveofthegame
Sure, but as always people are being judgemental without the facts. It's like saying that someone is guilty of a crime because he's done the same thing before, so therefore he must have done it this time. Not acceptable on any level.

Let's trust the manager for now. If it goes pear shaped then we can take to the streets, pitchfork in hand.

Your naivety is astounding- do you honestly believe, i mean honestly, that Vlad had nothing to do with this?!

Everybody loves Baz
Your naivety is astounding- do you honestly believe, i mean honestly, that Vlad had nothing to do with this?!

Tell you what, CL has come out and said his piece, told us what's what, you can either believe it or not,

That's it in a nutshell, just because people don't agree with you're viewpoint doesn't make them naive,.

Cue- going over and over the same discussion for another 30 odd pages.

Nothing to do with naivety. Vlad will always be involved in who we bring to the club, all owners of football clubs are. It's only a problem if he is forcing players on Csaba and in this instance I don't think he has.

What evidence do you have that Vlad has told Csaba who to bring in? If your answer is that he's done it before the I'm afraid that wouldn't stand up in court.

If we are to progress as a team, Banksy wasn't good enough and I'm not the only one to say that. He is a decent keeper but doesn't come off his line enough and is prone to the odd error. Let's hope the new guys are good enough but until we see them in action we cannot possibly comment.

If we are to progress as a team, Banksy wasn't good enough and I'm not the only one to say that. He is a decent keeper but doesn't come off his line enough and is prone to the odd error. Let's hope the new guys are good enough but until we see them in action we cannot possibly comment.

Well said. Football's a cut throat business and if we're to progress we shouldn't shy away from tough decisions.

I'm of the opinion that people are getting hyper about Banks not because he's a superb keeper and has been dealt a bad hand, but because he seems a decent chap.

siegementality

From tonights EEN

Kello was among last week's substitutes and, with Laszlo declaring that he would like to assess the Slovakian in a game situation "as soon as possible", a new goalkeeping incumbent beckons.

So "we" have taking to assessing goalkeepers in SPL games have "we". I thought "we" knew all about this keepr and "we" were happy take him.

I thought "we" said he had the quality to grow into the team. "We" must have been feeding him miracle grow for him to have grown this quickly.

"We" oh really!

Guest JamboRobbo

So if someone is convicted 5 or 6 times of some criminal offence, you don't think people might suspect him if a similar crime happens, under similar circumstances, when we know the "criminal" was in the area at the time?????

Sorry mate, but I disagree on that. It's circumstantial evidence, which can be added to the other evidence, and make a case. Not a 100% cased closed situation, but a case can justifiably be made that this has Vlads hands all over it.

No pitchforks here. Just looking at the situation, and discussing it on a Hearts message board. I don't think thats so terrible.

rudi must stay
From tonights EEN

Kello was among last week's substitutes and, with Laszlo declaring that he would like to assess the Slovakian in a game situation "as soon as possible", a new goalkeeping incumbent beckons.

So "we" have taking to assessing goalkeepers in SPL games have "we". I thought "we" knew all about this keepr and "we" were happy take him.

I thought "we" said he had the quality to grow into the team. "We" must have been feeding him miracle grow for him to have grown this quickly.

"We" oh really!

we have to see if he's better than MacDonald obviously.. We have that new keeper Balogh arriving next week according to the offical site as well, so we have to see who is the best out of them.

Guest JamboRobbo

If we are to progress as a team, Banksy wasn't good enough and I'm not the only one to say that.

I agree entirely with that, but that is missing the point I think.

For me, it's about whether or not we're seeing the same old same old from Vlad, or whether Csaba is making the choice.

From the evidence available, it leaves little doubt Vlad had input. The only question, is who had the final say.

I hope it was Csaba. I fear it was Vlad.

we have to see if he's better than MacDonald obviously.. We have that new keeper Balogh arriving next week according to the offical site as well, so we have to see who is the best out of them.

Should we not do that before we sign them ?

The man who loved beer

If Banksy 'cant be trusted', then why is he in charge of the potential future goalkeeping talent at the club?

Yes I know the 'Youth coach' title is just a smokescreen. What Romanov is really saying is 'Get tae...Banksy'

siegementality

Ha, ha, truly magnificent!

So we sack a keeper who Csaba admitted was better than MacDonald to bring in a keeper to assess him, during an SPL match, to see if he is better than MacDoanld. I'm sure that makes perfect sense to someone i.e. VR.

We could have stuck with Banks as we didn't have to assess him as we already knew how good he was i.e.better than MacDonald. Then again that was a different "we".

What happened to Csaba knowing everything about a player before he brings him in, his quality, his personality, etc.

Kello was forced onto Csaba, to suggest otherwise flies in the face of everything that Csaba has said about bringing in players.

As long as he is better than Kurkis and Basso i will be happy, i still think Vlad was behind Banksys demise.

rudi must stay
Ha, ha, truly magnificent!

So we sack a keeper who Csaba admitted was better than MacDonald to bring in a keeper to assess him, during an SPL match, to see if he is better than MacDoanld. I'm sure that makes perfect sense to someone i.e. VR.

We could have stuck with Banks as we didn't have to assess him as we already knew how good he was i.e.better than MacDonald. Then again that was a different "we".

What happened to Csaba knowing everything about a player before he brings him in, his quality, his personality, etc.

Kello was forced onto Csaba, to suggest otherwise flies in the face of everything that Csaba has said about bringing in players.

what's wrong with putting in a young keeper who can get better, instead of putting in goals a 35 year old who is getting worse and is already coaching, so you can obviously move him on to become a coach.

siegementality
what's wrong with putting in a young keeper who can get better, instead of putting in goals a 35 year old who is getting worse and is already coaching, so you can obviously move him on to become a coach.

How do you know this "young keeper" will get better?

Who said Banks was getting worse? Csaba said Banks was steady at number 1so it wasn't him.

As for the coaching set up, please, Banks has had a right royal rodgering over that one.

rudi must stay
How do you know this "young keeper" will get better?

Who said Banks was getting worse? Csaba said Banks was steady at number 1so it wasn't him.

As for the coaching set up, please, Banks has had a right royal rodgering over that one.

cos he's a youngster who's had no experience of playing first-team football with us. Csaba said that before the Motherwell game IIRC, after it he was quite so sure saying he could either be a goalkeeper coach or goalie. Now he's the goalkeeper coach, makes sense imo

siegementality
cos he's a youngster who's had no experience of playing first-team football with us. Csaba said that before the Motherwell game IIRC, after it he was quite so sure saying he could either be a goalkeeper coach or goalie. Now he's the goalkeeper coach, makes sense imo

He'll get better because "he's a youngster who's had no experience of playing first team football with us".

Is that in the same way Clum "is a youngster"? Has Clum improved with his experience of playing first team football with us?

End of debate with you.

Nothing to do with naivety. Vlad will always be involved in who we bring to the club, all owners of football clubs are. It's only a problem if he is forcing players on Csaba and in this instance I don't think he has.

What evidence do you have that Vlad has told Csaba who to bring in? If your answer is that he's done it before the I'm afraid that wouldn't stand up in court.

What evidence do you have that he didnt. ? The fact that this has been his track record gives all the reason in the world for questioning the situation. Or perhaps Lithuania and Kaunas in particular are the breeding grounds of the best goalkeeping coaches and goalkeepers in the world of football. It is ironic how all of a sudden Banks like Hartley Pressley and Gordon now become a pox on the Hearts, it couldnt have anything to do with them standing up to ROMANOV and his jack boot mentality could it ?

Charlie-Brown

As far as I can see last seasons goalies Banks, Basso & Kurskis have been moved aside to be replaced by Kello, Balogh & MacDonald.

Jim Stewart has been replaced with Arturas Ramoska & Banks has been given the youth goalkeeping coaching job that needed filled.

why not sign a BBW.....maybe save some goals.......LOL

it a no story within a no story.....cue Enid Blyton....Vlad goes mad in my Pad

siegementality
As far as I can see last seasons goalies Banks, Basso & Kurskis have been moved aside to be replaced by Kello, Balogh & MacDonald.

Jim Stewart has been replaced with Arturas Ramoska & Banks has been given the youth goalkeeping coaching job that needed filled.

No sheite Sherlock!

rudi must stay
He'll get better because "he's a youngster who's had no experience of playing first team football with us".

Is that in the same way Clum "is a youngster"? Has Clum improved with his experience of playing first team football with us?

End of debate with you.

initially i don't think you can question that he got better with games. He scored a few goals for us that year and ran the show against Celtic. Then we sent him out on loan when we never should have and that's when his confidence took a battering. Has Jonsson improved with experience of playing first team football with us?

tolcross lad
What evidence do you have that he didnt. ? The fact that this has been his track record gives all the reason in the world for questioning the situation. Or perhaps Lithuania and Kaunas in particular are the breeding grounds of the best goalkeeping coaches and goalkeepers in the world of football. It is ironic how all of a sudden Banks like Hartley Pressley and Gordon now become a pox on the Hearts, it couldnt have anything to do with them standing up to ROMANOV and his jack boot mentality could it ?

Romanov is trying to get the club out of the mess that previous owners created and many Hearts shareholders and fans colluded with because it brought the club relative success.

I dont know what is going on here or the real facts and neither do you ?.Why cant we just wait and see?

Charlie-Brown
No sheite Sherlock!

Well it was stating the obvious however that is the new reality as far as goalkeeping at Hearts is concerned.

siegementality
initially i don't think you can question that he got better with games. He scored a few goals for us that year and ran the show against Celtic. Then we sent him out on loan when we never should have and that's when his confidence took a battering. Has Jonsson improved with experience of playing first team football with us?

Some players improve, others don't, it's not an exact science or football management would be an easy gig.

You said he will get better, when he might get better is correct. Csaba said Banks was better than MacDonald, strange decision therefore to sack Banks.

Your whole Banks emptied in favour of letting MaCDonald improve argument will be blown out of the water in the next few weeks, if not tomorrow, when Kello is in goals. How are you going to explain that move as being of benefit to MacDonalds career?

siegementality
Romanov is trying to get the club out of the mess that previous owners created and many Hearts shareholders and fans colluded with because it brought the club relative success.

I dont know what is going on here or the real facts and neither do you ?.Why cant we just wait and see?

How did adding to the debt by approximately ?20 million consitute "Romanov is trying to get the club out of the mess that previous owners created and many Hearts shareholders and fans colluded with because it brought the club relative success" ?

Romanov has led the club into an even bigger mess, no?

siegementality
Well it was stating the obvious however that is the new reality as far as goalkeeping at Hearts is concerned.

Does it make it right?

Is there anything about this situation that bothers you, you disagree with, or find strange?

Charlie-Brown
Does it make it right?

Is there anything about this situation that bothers you, you disagree with, or find strange?

I feel a bit sorry for Banks and it seems a bit unfair however all clubs make changes like these all the time and fairness seldom if ever enters into their decision making.

romanov = no pride, no honour, no loyalty with hearts players.

yes sign for hearts and have romanov do the dirty on you.

act like a man and stand up for what is right and romanov just can't handle people like that.

How long do we wait for an answer, the whole situation is a complete mystery, and ranks have been closed.

THE SILENCE IS DEAFENING.:bek035:

How long do we wait for an answer, the whole situation is a complete mystery, and ranks have been closed.

THE SILENCE IS DEAFENING.:bek035:

Assuming you're old enough to work, does your employer publicly announce and justify demotions? :o

Everybody loves Baz
romanov = no pride, no honour, no loyalty with hearts players.

yes sign for hearts and have romanov do the dirty on you.

act like a man and stand up for what is right and romanov just can't handle people like that.

Really Mitch ??

By god i've never heard you say this before,

Either put forward an idea on how to get rid of Mr Romanov, or kindly give it a rest.

He's here and we can do nothing about it.

tolcross lad
How did adding to the debt by approximately ?20 million consitute "Romanov is trying to get the club out of the mess that previous owners created and many Hearts shareholders and fans colluded with because it brought the club relative success" ?

Romanov has led the club into an even bigger mess, no?

Noone knows that yet.I said "trying".How much were you prepared to put up to buy out SMG?

Lets wait and see how the goalkeeper situation pans out.

siegementality
Noone knows that yet.I said "trying".How much were you prepared to put up to buy out SMG?

Lets wait and see how the goalkeeper situation pans out.

Yep, let's just wait until we see like we waited on the Burley situation, the Rix situation, the Valdas situation, the Skacel situation, the Riccarrton 3 situation, the Briellier situation, the Driver situation, the "management" situation, etc, etc. All VR's mess, created by him. But let's wait and see eh.

Yep, let's just wait until we see like we waited on the Burley situation, the Rix situation, the Valdas situation, the Skacel situation, the Riccarrton 3 situation, the Briellier situation, the Driver situation, the "management" situation, etc, etc. All VR's mess, created by him. But let's wait and see eh.

How about the saving Tynecastle situation, Scottish Cup win situation and Champions League situation? After all, they must have been "VR's mess" too. :rolleyes:

siegementality
How about the saving Tynecastle situation, Scottish Cup win situation and Champions League situation? After all, they must have been "VR's mess" too. :rolleyes:

We're not "saved" at Tynecastle yet. The Scottish Cup I will concede, the CL situation, that was a mess.

How about the we might have won the league if he'd left well alone situation, the we missed out on the top six and finished eighth last year situation, the two managers turned us down in the summer situation.

Anyway who are your team playing tomorrow? Happy with the signings of Davis?

Anyway who are your team playing tomorrow?

We've got St Midden at home.

I trust this provides the information you were seeking.

Archived