Stevie Banks (merged threads)

siegementality

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exactly -- and I note that very few of those attempting to defend or re-write the original debate will answer your second point -- all of them go off on a tangent and ignore the point made -- it is and was a shoddy way to treat an individual which may well have repercussions re team morale.

It could be a shoddy way to treat an individual if we actually knew how he HAD been treated. But we don't. We're just assuming things all over the place and then it ends up being repeated so many times that others accept it as gospel and decide that MUST be what had happened.

Wouldn't be a suprise to me if Romanov did exactly what has been reported. I am suprised that so many don't think Romanov would do this

shaun.lawson
It could be a shoddy way to treat an individual if we actually knew how he HAD been treated. But we don't. We're just assuming things all over the place and then it ends up being repeated so many times that others accept it as gospel and decide that MUST be what had happened.

Why haven't the club rebutted it then? It's not as though they haven't done so in Anderson's case in the very recent past - but to me, their remaining silent has to mean that a great deal of his story was true (albeit rushed, and sensationalised in places). They could shoot it down immediately if they wanted - but they haven't. And because they haven't, what I'd call "won't be fooled again!" syndrome has started to develop among many previously happy fans.

I'm not saying it is right or wrong but many owners do it. Briatore, Boyle and Abrahmovich to name a few.

Think you should read the rest of the sentence. None of them do that.

Why haven't the club rebutted it then? It's not as though they haven't done so in Anderson's case in the very recent past - but to me, their remaining silent has to mean that a great deal of his story was true (albeit rushed, and sensationalised in places). They could shoot it down immediately if they wanted - but they haven't. And because they haven't, what I'd call "won't be fooled again!" syndrome has started to develop among many previously happy fans.

Well...If it's rubbish (which I very much believe it to be) then I'd imagine that they're simply ignoring it. Yes, they've responded to things before but they were important stories relating to appointments and signings, something they were also communicating to us themselves at the time. This is just a ridiculous playground yarn and doesn't deserve to be acknowledged. If they responded to every piece of crap that was written about Vlad, the club etc...they'd just bring more attention to things which don't deserve it.

I think we will see some sort of response, albeit not a direct one on the website or anything. I would expect that at some point in the next few days, a player might mention it in an interview or something along those lines. We'll find out either way...if there's any truth to it, other journalists will ask about it next time they have access to a player. If they don't ask the question, I think that'll say even more about Barry and his stories.

I actually think bandersons story is 100% true going on Romanovs past form. Why people suddenly think Romanov is no longer a total erse is beyond me given his history

I actually think bandersons story is 100% true going on Romanovs past form. Why people suddenly think Romanov is no longer a total erse is beyond me given his history

You don't think that it might just be a wee bit too convenient a story? Yes, he has 'form' but doesn't this situation just seem a bit too obvious?

No it doesn't seem too obvious, it seems entirely likely. I'd like to think Romanov would butt out these days but the fact he was at Ibrox makes me think this is true, or at least has an element of truth. I think Banks will leave shortly and maybe he'll tell us the truth.

I have no problem with him being replaced but if Romanov is saying things like Banks can't be trusted, well that's just paranoid bull

Thunderstruck

Can it ever be that so much speculation has been built on such flimsy evidence. There is probably more evidence to suggest that Elvis (the musician not our erstwhile legend) lives.

If nobody speaks before then, Csaba will have a press conference before Saturday and doubtless someone from the assembled meeja will enquire as to the ongoing employment prospects of Steve Banks. That should give us answers. Although it can be predicted with some certainty that some will only hear what they want to hear and the debate will continue.

siegementality
Can it ever be that so much speculation has been built on such flimsy evidence. There is probably more evidence to suggest that Elvis (the musician not our erstwhile legend) lives.

If nobody speaks before then, Csaba will have a press conference before Saturday and doubtless someone from the assembled meeja will enquire as to the ongoing employment prospects of Steve Banks. That should give us answers. Although it can be predicted with some certainty that some will only hear what they want to hear and the debate will continue.

Hardly an objective post, from your opening paragraph it's kind of obvious what you'll be hearing, eh.

Harry Palmer

Has anyones 'mole' spoken to Mr Banks? Surely he should have comments to make on his demotion to coaching the youth GKs?

Csaba may bring in more than one GK coach to suit his coaching set-up. We have a new manager(some will still remain suspicious and I accept their views for being so), he may want to reorganise the coaching set-up so wishes to bring his own personnel. If he had said this was his intention then fine.

If this had been done pre-season would we have this 30(+)pg thread? No. But some would still have been questioning and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that and there is nothing wrong with other people saying that they are tired of those that are asking the questions. They have heard them all before as have I and everyone has an answer. I understand why some are very sceptical however I do not understand why every single event should be analysed to the nth degree so that the answer always ends up at you know who. If you know who said his sh@t was yellow, some would be on saying it was different.

I haven't been keeping abreast of this thread or any 'major' enlightenments during the thread so if any of the above is crap(and my 'mole*' says all of it is!) then I apologise.

*Traitor!

Well...If it's rubbish (which I very much believe it to be) then I'd imagine that they're simply ignoring it. Yes, they've responded to things before but they were important stories relating to appointments and signings, something they were also communicating to us themselves at the time. This is just a ridiculous playground yarn and doesn't deserve to be acknowledged. If they responded to every piece of crap that was written about Vlad, the club etc...they'd just bring more attention to things which don't deserve it.

I think we will see some sort of response, albeit not a direct one on the website or anything. I would expect that at some point in the next few days, a player might mention it in an interview or something along those lines. We'll find out either way...if there's any truth to it, other journalists will ask about it next time they have access to a player. If they don't ask the question, I think that'll say even more about Barry and his stories.

I can?t believe you mean that.

Are you trying to say that the denying of an alleged meeting/discussion with an agent is more important than the alleged addressing of the first team squad and telling them that Steve Banks is not to be trusted.

Unbelievable, you need to be having a serious word with yourself if you believe that to be true.

Why the hell are we still going on about this.Not one paper has mentioned this since the first report.If it was such a big deal every paper would be all over it but the fact is they are not.The only place wanting to find something wrong is here.

Charlie-Brown
Has anyones 'mole' spoken to Mr Banks? Surely he should have comments to make on his demotion to coaching the youth GKs?

Csaba may bring in more than one GK coach to suit his coaching set-up. We have a new manager(some will still remain suspicious and I accept their views for being so), he may want to reorganise the coaching set-up so wishes to bring his own personnel. If he had said this was his intention then fine.

If this had been done pre-season would we have this 30(+)pg thread? No. But some would still have been questioning and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that and there is nothing wrong with other people saying that they are tired of those that are asking the questions. They have heard them all before as have I and everyone has an answer. I understand why some are very sceptical however I do not understand why every single event should be analysed to the nth degree so that the answer always ends up at you know who. If you know who said his sh@t was yellow, some would be on saying it was different.

I haven't been keeping abreast of this thread or any 'major' enlightenments during the thread so if any of the above is crap(and my 'mole*' says all of it is!) then I apologise.

*Traitor!

Csaba already talked about this is last saturdays Evening News see below...

"Everybody knows Steve Banks before was a goalkeeper coach and also a goalkeeper here. We must have a structure, we must have a goalkeeper coach and also goalkeepers. At the moment, we are building a platform for the future."

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/I-Kello-the-shots-on.4398127.jp

I have no contacts in Tynecastle, but heard this from a friend who claims his source does - just a claim mind, but thought I would share it anyway.

Csaba, as we know, came and said he did not like the duo role of Banks and he had to be player or a coach. After discussions, Csaba wanted him as coach, which Banks did not agree with. Supposedly, in talks he said to Romanov, if he was not going to be playing, he should have joined Rangers, when they came in. This was like a red rag to a bull with Romanov.

I am not making judgement or assssing the truth in this - it is simply what I was told.

Nucky Thompson
I can?t believe you mean that.

Are you trying to say that the denying of an alleged meeting/discussion with an agent is more important than the alleged addressing of the first team squad and telling them that Steve Banks is not to be trusted.

Unbelievable, you need to be having a serious word with yourself if you believe that to be true.

I think redm was meaning Hearts responded to football related speculation not playground gossip. Did Hibs release statements when Collins was meant to be bullying the players or when Jones had an alleged boxing match with another player?

Thunderstruck
Hardly an objective post, from your opening paragraph it's kind of obvious what you'll be hearing, eh.

Please enlighten me, what FACTS am I hearing?

I have read this and other threads with a mixture of amusement an bewilderment that so many apparently educated people can be whipped into a froth by rumours with so little substance. They may well be depressingly true or they may be complete drivel but too many on here go straight to guilty verdict.

Or, did the use of "erstwhile legend" in respect of Elvis colour you judgement? If so, thanks for making my point as you have assumed, without questioning, that I see Elvis as a fallen idol when it could have been an attempt at sarcasm.

Please enlighten me, what FACTS am I hearing?

I have read this and other threads with a mixture of amusement an bewilderment that so many apparently educated people can be whipped into a froth by rumours with so little substance. They may well be depressingly true or they may be complete drivel but too many on here go straight to guilty verdict.

Or, did the use of "erstwhile legend" in respect of Elvis colour you judgement? If so, thanks for making my point as you have assumed, without questioning, that I see Elvis as a fallen idol when it could have been an attempt at sarcasm.

Do you think that the regular mistreatment/disparaging of players/members of the coaching staff by the regime in the past 2 1/2 years is not a signal that something similar might continue to happen to other players/staff?

I have no contacts in Tynecastle, but heard this from a friend who claims his source does - just a claim mind, but thought I would share it anyway.

Csaba, as we know, came and said he did not like the duo role of Banks and he had to be player or a coach. After discussions, Csaba wanted him as coach, which Banks did not agree with. Supposedly, in talks he said to Romanov, if he was not going to be playing, he should have joined Rangers, when they came in. This was like a red rag to a bull with Romanov.

I am not making judgement or assssing the truth in this - it is simply what I was told.

Exactly what I heard also. Shame it has blown up to this.

Banks will not play for Hearts again and it's likely he will be gone before September (copyright Wyclef :)). Again - shame that this is happened to someone who has been very dignified to all the events going on at Tynecastle other the last 2 or 3 years.

Another SPL club sniffing around him - no idea who though.

Source - football agent.

Guest JamboRobbo
Do you think that the regular mistreatment/disparaging of players/members of the coaching staff by the regime in the past 2 1/2 years is not a signal that something similar might continue to happen to other players/staff?

No no, nothing to see here. Move along please.

Charlie-Brown

Why do so many of them sign new contracts? Maybe they think the extra money is worth the hassle or maybe they aren't treated that differently compared to other clubs?

Guest JamboRobbo
Why do so many of them sign new contracts? Maybe they think the extra money is worth the hassle or maybe they aren't treated that differently compared to other clubs?

Cause Vlad has money. Lots of it. So they just take the money, sit back, eat burgers, and turn into Nades and Beslijas. They take Vlad for the mug that he is, and its HMFC that suffers the high wage bill and underperformance of overpaid "stars".

Didn't someone who appears to be connected to Andy Driver post on here that they would be frozen out unless they signed a new contract?

Charlie-Brown
Didn't someone who appears to be connected to Andy Driver post on here that they would be frozen out unless they signed a new contract?

What like what Sir Alex Ferguson said the Glazers would do to Ronaldo?

We_are_the_Hearts

So that makes it right then?

Ferguson would not let the Glazers dictate what players he could pick. Can you find me the quote?

Nucky Thompson
In NMH world, ANYTHING Vlad does it right.
When it comes to business he must have done a lot right to be where he is today:rolleyes:

Thunderstruck

I don't believe I said he was guilty or innocent. What you suggest might swing the balance of probability in one direction.

The big "but" is that this whole mega-thread is founded on no more than a speculative piece of journalism by a man with a history of getting it wrong.

Surely, the interests of natural justice demand that we listen to all the evidence before we reach a judgement or is that just an old-fashioned notion.

Guest JamboRobbo
When it comes to business he must have done a lot right to be where he is today:rolleyes:

And when it comes to scottish football, he must have done a lot wrong to manage to spend about 10M quid to finish 8th, behind 4 or 5 teams who's TOTAL COMBINED budget is about the same as our 10M budget.

Ferguson would not let the Glazers dictate what players he could pick. Can you find me the quote?

Agreed - Can you imagine the Glaziers coming to Fergie and saying, eh that lad Rooney, he can't be trusted like Beckam like Butt, don't play him. Fergie reply would be ****** ******** ya ******* ****** now get oot ma ********* ****** dressing room ya ***** ****** ******* **** I'm in charge here! Where as at Hearts Vlad just has to ajust the strings to the right angles to get what he wants

Nucky Thompson
And when it comes to scottish football, he must have done a lot wrong to manage to spend about 10M quid to finish 8th, behind 4 or 5 teams who's TOTAL COMBINED budget is about the same as our 10M budget.
True, but he was also pulling the strings when we finished 2nd and won the big cup.

I think redm was meaning Hearts responded to football related speculation not playground gossip. Did Hibs release statements when Collins was meant to be bullying the players or when Jones had an alleged boxing match with another player?

I would say the allegations being made are very football related. If this story is true it could have major ramifications for later on in the season.

Dont care about Hibs

Guest JamboRobbo
True, but he was also pulling the strings when we finished 2nd and won the big cup.

if you're happy to live with that forever more, on you go. I want more. I want our club run in a manner that will maximise our chances of achieving more.

We appear to have a gem of a manager in Csaba. He should be allowed to do his job. Vlad - GTF back to Lithuania, and sign the cheques when asked. Nothing else is required or wanted of you IMO.

if you're happy to live with that forever more, on you go. I want more. I want our club run in a manner that will maximise our chances of achieving more.

We appear to have a gem of a manager in Csaba. He should be allowed to do his job. Vlad - GTF back to Lithuania, and sign the cheques when asked. Nothing else is required or wanted of you IMO.

Dito

I don't believe I said he was guilty or innocent. What you suggest might swing the balance of probability in one direction.

The big "but" is that this whole mega-thread is founded on no more than a speculative piece of journalism by a man with a history of getting it wrong.

Surely, the interests of natural justice demand that we listen to all the evidence before we reach a judgement or is that just an old-fashioned notion.

I disagree, i think equally one of the foundations for this thread is that Vlad has a history of treating players in this manner. If this was not the case I think we would see a much greater defence of Vlad and that few people would believe the Anderson story.

You argue that natural justice demands we listen to all the evidence, I don't see much of that going on - people have basically slated the EEN story because they do not like the journalist writing it, ignoring the fact that both the BBC and The Sun have apparently ran with the story as well.

If Hearts come out and say the story is false then fair enough we may have reason to doubt what was reported but to state that an event like this has happened is not the same as idle speculation on transfers, papers are much more careful.

I do not agree with an earlier argument that the club are ignoring it because it's not worth bothering about - If it's false it would be a complete fabrication and misrepresentaition of the club, it's very important that the club come out and defend themselves.

Nucky Thompson

Some guys had to live with Hearts not winning anything for 40 odd years, I waited 20 odd before I saw us win anything:rolleyes:

Guest JamboRobbo
Some guys had to live with Hearts not winning anything for 40 odd years, I waited 20 odd before I saw us win anything:rolleyes:

AS did I.

Doesn't mean I want to wait 20 years again. I want us to do all we can to be as successful as possible in the future too. I can't understand why ANY Hearts fan would want any less?

Can you maybe explain why anyone would want to accept mediocrity, rather than strive to do the best and be the best we can?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Most of what you post is sensible but that comment is laughable. By all means criticise Vlad for his interference but sign the cheques when asked and nothing else is required or wanted of you? Give yourself a shake

Exactly what I heard also. Shame it has blown up to this.

Banks will not play for Hearts again and it's likely he will be gone before September (copyright Wyclef :)). Again - shame that this is happened to someone who has been very dignified to all the events going on at Tynecastle other the last 2 or 3 years.

Another SPL club sniffing around him - no idea who though.

Source - football agent.

Hibs

Seymour M Hersh

I have heard that Steve Banks has been told t stay away from Riccarton except for Thursday nights to train the Youth team goalkeepers. I suspect they are trying to hack him off enough into a move away.

Ignoring whether or not the Glazers would have that power over Ferguson, and would utilise it and still have Ferguson as manager....

Which other club in the world bullies at least half of the players on its books who are coming into the last 6 to 18 months of their contracts?

Which other club benches youth players unless they sign new contracts?

Guest JamboRobbo
Most of what you post is sensible but that comment is laughable. By all means criticise Vlad for his interference but sign the cheques when asked and nothing else is required or wanted of you? Give yourself a shake

Of course a happy medium where Vlad is around but DOESN'T INTERFERE is the ideal scenario. But I think he's had more than enough opportunities to do this, and has proven time and again that he can't. Whenever he is in the country, he causes friction and arguments, and others (such as Csaba) are left to pick up the pieces.

So given the problems we have right now, I'm at the stage where I think it would be better for all concerned if he stayed out the way. Go home, don't get involved, sign the cheques when asked. I don't think it's so unreasonable a point, although I agree I could have worded it better.

I have heard that Steve Banks has been told t stay away from Riccarton except for Thursday nights to train the Youth team goalkeepers. I suspect they are trying to hack him off enough into a move away.

He should walk away simply claiming constructive dismissal.

A very sad way for a club to mistreat yet another employee.

Seymour M Hersh
He should walk away simply claiming constructive dismissal.

A very sad way for a club to mistreat yet another employee.

Maybe so but we don't know the clubs reasons for this. Although past history tends to point to another Vlad radge moment.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Of course a happy medium where Vlad is around but DOESN'T INTERFERE is the ideal scenario. But I think he's had more than enough opportunities to do this, and has proven time and again that he can't. Whenever he is in the country, he causes friction and arguments, and others (such as Csaba) are left to pick up the pieces.

So given the problems we have right now, I'm at the stage where I think it would be better for all concerned if he stayed out the way. Go home, don't get involved, sign the cheques when asked. I don't think it's so unreasonable a point, although I agree I could have worded it better.

That would probably be the first step to him walking away altogether, which to be fair would be what some people want. Personally, I can't decide where I stand on that.

Maybe so but we don't know the clubs reasons for this. Although past history tends to point to another Vlad radge moment.

But if an employee signs up to both play and be first team coach and his role is then changed non-voluntarily, it doesnt really matter what the employers reasons are. It remains a change in the job he signed to do without his consent.

If Banks has been guilty of a sacking offence, they could have emptied him, but not just dished out some sort of school playground detention of being youth coach one day a week.

Childish, petty, vindictive and unprofessional in the extreme - whatever way you look at it

Archived