ABE

Star Lizard

Star Lizard
15 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

I have a sense of humour thanks.

The Tartan Army don't tickle it.

Like Welsh rugby fans are an utter pain in the arse after 5 minutes so are the Tartan Army.

So every other country doing EXACTLY the same thing is fine , but heaven forbid Acotland fans do the same ? Jeez man just lighten up ffs . It is not a law that you have to cringe you know 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Star Lizard

• Sir PH

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

PortyBeach
26 minutes ago, luckydug said:

There was also that cringeworthy ending to the 'leaders debate' last week.

Rishi and Sir Keir falling over themselves to wish England all the best

Rishi couldn't wait to mention his heart to heart with 'Gareth'.

I’d almost forgotten that.
I suppose you might say they were fed what was tantamount to a leading question.
However, if they’d any political nous, they’d have also added their good wishes to Scotland - did they do that? I don’t recall hearing any mention of Scotland from either of them. 

Chuck Berry
36 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

There's rangers fans around that are gutted they can't be pwoper Engerlush like those fine gentlemen.

There's a few closer to home as well, sadly.

Hmfc1965
Just now, Sooks said:

So every other country doing EXACTLY the same thing is fine , but heaven forbid Acotland fans do the same ? Jeez man just lighten up ffs . It is not a law that you have to cringe you know 

No it isn't fine. It just doesn't affect me when others do it.

For the record if you want to go to an England game dressed as a crusader you're also a dick.

Hmfc1965
2 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

I’d almost forgotten that.
I suppose you might say they were fed what was tantamount to a leading question.
However, if they’d any political nous, they’d have also added their good wishes to Scotland - did they do that? I don’t recall hearing any mention of Scotland from either of them. 

They didn't.

Chuck Berry
Just now, Hmfc1965 said:

You crack on baring your arse while wearing your Glengarry with the massive feathers then.

Why would I do that? I don't wear a Glengarry. Why does it bother you what Scotland fans wear?

The cringe is strong in this one.

Hmfc1965
Just now, Chuck Berry said:

Why would I do that? I don't wear a Glengarry. Why does it bother you what Scotland fans wear?

The cringe is strong in this one.

I've said already I find these "Tartan Army footsoldiers" annoying dicks.

The fact they make me cringe doesn't mean the same applies to Scotland or Scots in general.

Star Lizard
2 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

No it isn't fine. It just doesn't affect me when others do it.

For the record if you want to go to an England game dressed as a crusader you're also a dick.

Why not just smile , chuckle and move on though ? It does not need to be really serious surely ? For the record the most I have ever got dressed up for a Scotland game was just a Scotland top . Surrounded by TA types though and had a good laugh 

Hmfc1965
Just now, Sooks said:

Why not just smile , chuckle and move on though ? It does not need to be really serious surely ? For the record the most I have ever got dressed up for a Scotland game was just a Scotland top . Surrounded by TA types though and had a good laugh 

It's not that serious.

I've been to Scotland games and enjoyed myself but there's a not inconsiderable section of the support who are annoying.

Chuck Berry
1 minute ago, Hmfc1965 said:

I've said already I find these "Tartan Army footsoldiers" annoying dicks.

The fact they make me cringe doesn't mean the same applies to Scotland or Scots in general.

Because they don't wear jeans and a tshirt? Dear God lol

PortyBeach
3 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

headerImage-9123336b-aa7c-4144-8815-a27b58af33b6?fm=jpg&fit=fill&w=400&h=225&q=80

england football fan outfit for Sale,Up To OFF52%

Didn’t they wear these “crusader” outfits in, er, Muslim Quatar? 🤭

1 hour ago, PortyBeach said:

True. But the point at issue is what’s described in politics as the “optics”.

We’ve already been treated to various sightings of Harry sporting his England top at Twickers.

Is it really a good look for the heir to the British throne to align themselves with one particular Home Nation FA?

What message does that send out?

He's English and supports England. If asked, I'm sure he would support the other home nations. But he's English, and should be allowed to support England.

Chuck Berry
9 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

It's not that serious.

I've been to Scotland games and enjoyed myself but there's a not inconsiderable section of the support who are annoying.

You're judging Scotland fans by what they wear and calling the ones you don't like the look of dicks.

Utterly weirdo behaviour.  

Hmfc1965
5 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

You're judging Scotland fans by what they wear and calling the ones you don't like the look of dicks.

Utterly weirdo behaviour.  

I'm judging them by their behaviour not just what they wear.

You crack on though.

I'd quite like England to win it. Especially if it led to a bank holiday.

That, or real humiliation. 

Please just no valiant attempt in the semis or something.

Chuck Berry
21 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I generally wear jeans/shorts these days as opposed to kilt, although it's going to Germany for matchday. Glengarry long since retired.  A good friend of mine who has been to over 200 away games since the 1970s has never worn a kilt in his puff but is very much Tartan Army.

Judging people by what they wear is just weird.

Chuck Berry

I'm judging them by their behaviour not just what they wear.

You crack on though.

No you're not, that much is very clear.

briever
51 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Do you really think the Tartan Army are exemplars of Scotland's unique cultural identity?

God help us.

They are certainly a part of it yes.

Bazzas right boot

Someone on here really Hates kilts, ehhh?

Cannae beat wearing a kilt at a Scotland rugby or football game. I Never knew it came with the added bonus of winding up some gammons as well, what a weird thing to focus on.

Might start to wear it regulary to Hearts games now....Will definitely  wear it away in Europe next season!

briever
40 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

You crack on baring your arse while wearing your Glengarry with the massive feathers then.

Chuck Berry
4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Someone on here really Hates kilts, ehhh?

Cannae beat wearing a kilt at a Scotland rugby or football game. I Never knew it came with the added bonus of winding up some gammons as well, what a weird thing to focus on.

Might start to wear it regulary to Hearts games now....Will definitely  wear it away in Europe next season!

Good idea, I'll bring the feathers...

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, briever said:

It's funny cos it's true!

Star Lizard
26 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

I generally wear jeans/shorts these days as opposed to kilt, although it's going to Germany for matchday. Glengarry long since retired.  A good friend of mine who has been to over 200 away games since the 1970s has never worn a kilt in his puff but is very much Tartan Army.

Judging people by what they wear is just weird.

I will be wearing my family tartan Kilt and probably just a Hearts top this time around…………. Sadly though I will be watching it in the mini fanzone I have made in my garden :lol: 

Hmfc1965
17 minutes ago, briever said:

And yet I exhibit none of these symptoms.

Star Lizard
4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It's funny cos it's true!

So so true 

Star Lizard
Posted (edited)

You absolutely display “ Scottish cringe “ however 

Edited by Sooks

PortyBeach
30 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

He's English and supports England. If asked, I'm sure he would support the other home nations. But he's English, and should be allowed to support England.

You’re not stupid and you understand full well the point I’m making. But I’ll indulge you: for the avoidance of doubt, I think the prince is entitled to his private opinions and preferences. 

But given his status, is it a good look - as the future King - to publicly favour one home nation?

Given his position, does it send out a positive or a negative message from the future King of the U.K. to the other nations?

briever
5 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Along with your world famous self awareness.

Finlay James

I’ve lived in England for 20 years, married an English woman, have 3 boys who were born here but consider themselves as Scottish. I’ll be putting up my Scotland flag as usual and hope England get ****ed.

The Real Maroonblood
9 hours ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Genuine question for you. Is that true of people who actually like football?

As someone who has lived down here for 30+ years I don’t know of one person who follows England who wants Scotland to win, as they are England’s traditional rivals. 

it’s people who use terms like ‘footy’ and only get into football during tournaments or people who don’t like football that say this stuff. 

And that’s how it should be. It’s a sporting rivalry. Should we all want Hibs to do well in Europe because it’s good for Edinburgh? Do we hell. It’s no different. 

Stop being so precious. 

:spoton:

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, Hmfc1965 said:

It's not that serious.

Most human beings are annoying. IMO.

The Real Maroonblood

Didn’t they wear these “crusader” outfits in, er, Muslim Quatar? 🤭

Yes they did.

Our resident Hun apologist was probably one of them.

Hmfc1965
58 minutes ago, briever said:

Along with your world famous self awareness.

How would you know?

59 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

You’re not stupid and you understand full well the point I’m making. But I’ll indulge you: for the avoidance of doubt, I think the prince is entitled to his private opinions and preferences. 

But given his status, is it a good look - as the future King - to publicly favour one home nation?

Given his position, does it send out a positive or a negative message from the future King of the U.K. to the other nations?

He's favouring the nation he was born in. It's hardly earth shattering. Has he not to be allowed because he's a member of the Royal Family? I take it you don't like Princess Anne supporting Scotland at the rugby before England? 

Hmfc1965
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

You absolutely display “ Scottish cringe “ however 

I absolutely don't.  Finding certain sports fans embarassing does not equate to "Scottish cringe".

Edited by Hmfc1965

1 minute ago, Hmfc1965 said:

I absolutely don't.  Finding certain sports fans embarassing does not equate to "Scottish cringe".

If the JKB mob say you do, then that's it. They literally exemplify the utter tossers that are in the Tartan Army. Cringe worthy doesn't even begin to describe them. They also think they own the Scotland team because they wear a kilt and sing doh-a-dear. They're a national embarrassment. 

And I say all that as an ex member of the Scotland Travel Club. I've watched first hand what they are like.

Star Lizard
4 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

What does then ? What about the Tartan Army makes you cringe 

SE16 3LN
4 hours ago, Deviskan said:

Yup…exactly.

You will be cheering on Hibs next time they play won’t you?

Oh to be a mamby, pamby limp wristed guy like you….someone that follows football, yet doesn’t have the slightest clue about true football rivalry.

You realise my wife will be giving me a GIRFUY if England win yeah, she appears to have more backbone than you.

and a homophobe as well. Well done...

Star Lizard
Just now, Sir PH said:

If the JKB mob say you do, then that's it. They literally exemplify the utter tossers that are in the Tartan Army. Cringe worthy doesn't even begin to describe them. They also think they own the Scotland team because they wear a kilt and sing doh-a-dear. They're a national embarrassment. 

And I say all that as an ex member of the Scotland Travel Club. I've watched first hand what they are like.

:lol: 

It is screeching easily offended types like this guy that make these threads worthwhile 

Deviskan
6 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

and a homophobe as well. Well done...

I just laughed at that one…that’s a belter!

What a complete and utter halfwit.

Pray tell what your sexuality had to do with what I wrote? 

What I was pointing out, was that you’re an easily offended wuss…so thin skinned you cry like a little girl because nasty Scottish fans won’t support England…booo hooooooo…and you do it EVERY SINGLE TIME there’s a World Cup or Euro’s, coming into threads about ABE or people taking the Mickey out of England.

Someone call the whaaaaaambulance for the poor wittle England fan that’s all upset at the nasty Scotland fans who won’t support his team!!!

Edited by Deviskan

EH11 2NL

I'd say a neutral message to anyone not looking for any opportunity to get offended. 

Hmfc1965
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What does then ? What about the Tartan Army makes you cringe 

For the third time, the way they behave.

Being Scottish to me is not wearing a kilt, the better to bare your arse, singing daft songs and adopting a "you must like us" attitude.

SE16 3LN
2 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Keep going macho man...

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

:lol: 

It is screeching easily offended types like this guy that make these threads worthwhile 

Easily offended? I find them embarrassing, not in the least bit offensive. 

Deviskan
4 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Keep going macho man...

Why are you on a thread about ABE once again…you do it every international tournament, then cry like a little girl when you don’t like what you see???

Deviskan
6 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Easily offended? I find them embarrassing, not in the least bit offensive. 

Cest la vie…if grown men want to get dressed up at football, what’s the big deal?

Literally every single country has fans that do the exact same thing for whatever their country is known for/something of historical significance etc.

I’d rather have fans dressed in embarrassing costumes at games, than pavement dancing scumbags…ruining it for everyone else.

Deviskan
11 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Keep going macho man...

Oh wait a sec, now I remember…you’re the halfwit that was putting out vague threats a couple of years ago on a similar thread about England/ABE weren’t you?

What an absolute red face that was for you…and now you have the audacity to call me ‘macho man’…what’s coming next, are you going to say I wouldn’t like you when you get angry?

Edited by Deviskan

SE16 3LN
11 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Pray tell what your sexuality had to do with what I wrote? 

What I was pointing out, was that you’re an easily offended wuss…so thin skinned you cry like a little girl because nasty Scottish fans won’t support England…booo hooooooo…and you do it EVERY SINGLE TIME there’s a World Cup or Euro’s, coming into threads about ABE or people taking the Mickey out of England.

Someone call the whaaaaaambulance for the poor wittle England fan that’s all upset at the nasty Scotland fans who won’t support his team!!!

First Scotland game was 1969 and my last one was 2016 Angry man

You seem full of hate. Move on

Chuck Berry
19 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Here comes another one, although not surprising given who posted it.

Edited by Chuck Berry

7 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Cest la vie…if grown men want to get dressed up at football, what’s the big deal?

Literally every single country has fans that do the exact same thing for whatever their country is known for/something of historical significance etc.

I’d rather have fans dressed in embarrassing costumes at games, than pavement dancing scumbags…ruining it for everyone else.

Pavement dancers and the Tartan Army are equally cringe worthy.

• davemclaren locked this topic
  • davemclaren unlocked this topic