• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Star Lizard

• Sir PH

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

Star Lizard
1 minute ago, Chuck Berry said:

No smoke without.......let's not go there.

The Tartan Army equivalents of Big Hearts;

https://www.tartanarmychildrenscharity.org.uk/main/index.php https://www.tasunshineappeal.scot/

Its really depressing to me Chuck

Scotlands status as ruled by another country has led to a Scottish Cringe among some of our citizens and it really is a shame

You see fans of every country at international tournaments getting dressed up in exaggerated national dress and stereotypical garb . Viking horns , boas , bowler hats , sheep hats , tribal dress , Knights Templar outfits , kangaroos ect ect

Scotland do it and all of a sudden it’s embarrassing and cringeworthy ? Away tae **** man :lol: 

At least we dont go about trying to stab folk or hit them chairs eh

Deviskan

My wife is English, my two kids are half English…most of my mates are English…

I hope England get absolutely PUMPED every time they play, and will be actively cheering on whoever they play.

As for English people ‘supporting’ Scotland and wanting them to do well…what a load of complete and utter pish, the only English people that say that do it with a MASSIVE tone of patronising condescendence, thinking awww bless little Scotland I hope they do well.

Most of the English football fans I know want Scotland to get beat…and revel in it, just like we do when they lose.

boag1874
3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Scotlands status as ruled by another country has led to a Scottish Cringe among some of our citizens and it really is a shame

You see fans of every country at international tournaments getting dressed up in exaggerated national dress and stereotypical garb . Viking horns , boas , bowler hats , sheep hats , tribal dress , Knights Templar outfits , kangaroos ect ect

Scotland do it and all of a sudden it’s embarrassing and cringeworthy ? Away tae **** man :lol: 

There’s deffo a bit of a culture here where people get embarrassed about this stuff. You see it with things outside of football too.

God forbid anyone sees you enjoying yourself!

PortyBeach
7 hours ago, SM Sheffield said:

I can assure the people of Kickback that most people down here do not want Scotland to do well. The above is a myth.

I have no problem whatsoever with both sides having a laugh and hoping each other lose. That is how football rivalries should be

It’s understandable why the average English person living in England should view any team other than England as having any significance. 
You only have to watch the Anglo-centric nature of the media coverage on the “national” news to understand this. 
And then of course, we see the heir to the “British” throne flaunting an overt link to “the” Football Association and England as demonstrated in his quote from today’s media: “…just want you guys to know how much it means to everyone back here that you go out there, give it your all, play for your shirt, play for each other, play for your country because everyone is behind you…”

Really?

IMG_2022.webp

briever
25 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

I hope England get absolutely PUMPED every time they play, and will be actively cheering on whoever they play.

As for English people ‘supporting’ Scotland and wanting them to do well…what a load of complete and utter pish, the only English people that say that do it with a MASSIVE tone of patronising condescendence, thinking awww bless little Scotland I hope they do well.

Most of the English football fans I know want Scotland to get beat…and revel in it, just like we do when they lose.

Spot on.

England fans actually have a song about Scotland getting pumped wherever we go.

briever
21 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

There’s deffo a bit of a culture here where people get embarrassed about this stuff. You see it with things outside of football too.

They hate the idea of Scotland having a separate unique cultural identity beyond their beloved Britain - which we all know is a synonym of England.

BangkokHearts
42 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Knights Templar outfits

Shouldn't it be us wearing them, since they fought with the Bruce at Bannockburn?

Pasquale for King
46 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Maybe if those folk dressed in our countries national dress, and sing along with the national anthem would actually believe that we can be a nation again then all the Kailyard stuff might be more palatable? 

Chuck Berry
6 minutes ago, BangkokHearts said:

Shouldn't it be us wearing them, since they fought with the Bruce at Bannockburn?

There's no evidence that they did, although that's an entirely different subject.

Pasquale for King
40 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Spot on

manaliveits105

German police believe a squad of up to 500 Serbian hooligans will try to cause violence at England men’s first game at Euro 2024 on Sunday.

Peter Both, the chief of police in Gelsenkirchen, said the challenge would be to intercept the group before they were able to clash with England fans in the west German city.

England play Serbia on Sunday evening at 9pm local time (2000 BST) in the Veltins Arena, which is home to the Bundesliga 2 club Schalke.

An estimated 40,000 English fans are expected to travel to the game along with between 5,000 and 8,000 Serbian supporters for what has been designated a “high-risk” tie by Uefa after consultation with the police in Germany, Serbia and the UK.

Oh dear 

Chuck Berry
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Maybe if those folk dressed in our countries national dress, and sing along with the national anthem would actually believe that we can be a nation again then all the Kailyard stuff might be more palatable? 

If you find it unpalatable now, then I guess the way they vote wouldn't change your view somehow.

SE16 3LN
47 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Nothing wrong with wanting your wife, kids and friends to be miserable and then rubbing it in their faces if they are.

Swanny17

6 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

German police believe a squad of up to 500 Serbian hooligans will try to cause violence at England men’s first game at Euro 2024 on Sunday.

Peter Both, the chief of police in Gelsenkirchen, said the challenge would be to intercept the group before they were able to clash with England fans in the west German city.

England play Serbia on Sunday evening at 9pm local time (2000 BST) in the Veltins Arena, which is home to the Bundesliga 2 club Schalke.

An estimated 40,000 English fans are expected to travel to the game along with between 5,000 and 8,000 Serbian supporters for what has been designated a “high-risk” tie by Uefa after consultation with the police in Germany, Serbia and the UK.

Oh dear 

Getting in there early with the blaming of the other nations fans I see. It's never their fault.

boag1874
37 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

It’s understandable why the average English person living in England should view any team other than England as having any significance. 
You only have to watch the Anglo-centric nature of the media coverage on the “national” news to understand this. 
And then of course, we see the heir to the “British” throne flaunting an overt link to “the” Football Association and England as demonstrated in his quote from today’s media: “…just want you guys to know how much it means to everyone back here that you go out there, give it your all, play for your shirt, play for each other, play for your country because everyone is behind you…”

Really?

IMG_2022.webp

Spot on, realistically while I couldn't give a shite about the monarchy nor do I see myself as "British", as it stands Scotland is a part of the UK & under their rule so they should be in attendance with all home nations managers whenever we qualify for a tournament rather than playing favourites, they're not the English monarchy they're the UK monarchy.

Happy to be corrected if I've missed something but it just stinks of an English superiority complex.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Swanny17 said:

Getting in there early with the blaming of the other nations fans I see. It's never their fault.

Exactly 

Ricardo Quaresma
2 hours ago, Sherbet said:

Does ABE include the English born players playing for scotland

What does it matter where Scottish people are born?

If you're born on a plane mid-Atlantic what you going to do about your Nationality?

Pasquale for King

Cant stand the monarchy but peg boy is the patron saint or some pish of the FA so thats why hes there today and at cup finals etc to hear GSTQ/K booed. 

Deviskan
2 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Nothing wrong with wanting your wife, kids and friends to be miserable and then rubbing it in their faces if they are.

Yup…exactly.

You will be cheering on Hibs next time they play won’t you?

Oh to be a mamby, pamby limp wristed guy like you….someone that follows football, yet doesn’t have the slightest clue about true football rivalry.

You realise my wife will be giving me a GIRFUY if England win yeah, she appears to have more backbone than you.

6 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

No, it is their fault. And they've admitted time after time. Thatcher was even on the verge of pulling the England side out of Italia 90 because of the behaviour of the English supporters. 

Deviskan
Just now, Sir PH said:

No, it is their fault. And they've admitted time after time. Thatcher was even on the verge of pulling the England side out of Italia 90 because of the behaviour of the English supporters. 

The English pavement dancers will get their arsed handed to them if they start on the Serbs…much like they did when the Russians battered them in France 2016.

1 minute ago, Deviskan said:

The English pavement dancers will get their arsed handed to them if they start on the Serbs…much like they did when the Russians battered them in France 2016.

That's super, but not something that remotely interests me.

Deviskan
1 minute ago, Sir PH said:

That's super, but not something that remotely interests me.

Why are you commenting on it then?

Slightly oddball behaviour to comment about the fact England has football hooligans, then say you have no interest in it whatsoever…if you’re so disinterested in it, then why comment about it in the first place?

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

🤞

2 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Why are you commenting on it then?

Slightly oddball behaviour to comment about the fact England has football hooligans, then say you have no interest in it whatsoever…if you’re so disinterested in it, then why comment about it in the first place?

I commented on them always blaming somebody else. It's nonsense, they don't. 

Deviskan
1 minute ago, Sir PH said:

I commented on them always blaming somebody else. It's nonsense, they don't. 

You still commented on it…but I thought you had no interest in the subject?

Star Lizard
1 hour ago, boag1874 said:

It’s generally just absolute trumpets though . Sort who nobody talks to on a night out 

Deviskan
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

🤞

Indeed, if halfwits want to be pavement dancers…here’s what happens when you meet actual hooligans/professional nut cases.

Star Lizard
42 minutes ago, BangkokHearts said:

Probably . Although I would prefer Nessie onesies personally 

Deviskan

Simple way to look at this…being Scottish, would it bother me in any way if someone from England said they were supporting anyone but Scotland = nope, not in any way whatsoever as I don’t expect or believe that they should.

So why does it bother certain English people that some Scots support anyone but England? 

To me, it’s because they believe we should…that it’s expected…it’s almost verging on them believing we should have an ‘uncle-Tom’ viewpoint when it comes to England, that deep-deep down they see us as inferior, that Scotland are completely pish so of course they will want to support the mighty England.

How about no…ABE!!!

Chuck Berry

The English support is riven with club rivalries and that in itself causes issues without any outside interference. Their past reputation means they are a magnet for the lunatics - particularly from eastern Europe - who always styled themselves on English hooliganism.  They however take it to another level.

Thankfully Scotland has no such reputation or problems. The only time in 25 years I have seen any bother was rather ironically in Ukraine from Dynamo Kiev ultras. It was fairly minor, about 30 of them running amok for 5 minutes in the main square and a fair few got a slap for their troubles before the Polis turned up and chased them.

I actually feel sorry for the decent England fans who just want to follow their team and have a few beers without any bother, much like ourselves. 

15 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

You still commented on it…but I thought you had no interest in the subject?

I have no interest in 500 Serbian hooligans, or any other for that matter. I merely corrected some nonsense that England always blame somebody else. They don't. 

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Indeed, if halfwits want to be pavement dancers…here’s what happens when you meet actual hooligans/professional nut cases.

Yeah it will be the ones that cant get out the way quickly enough, usually someone over 50.

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Simple way to look at this…being Scottish, would it bother me in any way if someone from England said they were supporting anyone but Scotland = nope, not in any way whatsoever as I don’t expect or believe that they should.

So why does it bother certain English people that some Scots support anyone but England? 

To me, it’s because they believe we should…that it’s expected…it’s almost verging on them believing we should have an ‘uncle-Tom’ viewpoint when it comes to England, that deep-deep down they see us as inferior, that Scotland are completely pish so of course they will want to support the mighty England.

How about no…ABE!!!

Unfortunately a lot of Scots fit into that group and will support them 🤦🏽.

PortyBeach
50 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Cant stand the monarchy but peg boy is the patron saint or some pish of the FA so thats why hes there today and at cup finals etc to hear GSTQ/K booed. 

True. But the point at issue is what’s described in politics as the “optics”.

We’ve already been treated to various sightings of Harry sporting his England top at Twickers.

Is it really a good look for the heir to the British throne to align themselves with one particular Home Nation FA?

What message does that send out?

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Sooks said:

Some pictures of attention seeking Tartan Army types

IMG_7236.webp

IMG_7237.jpeg

IMG_7238.webp

IMG_7239.jpeg

2 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

A video of Charlie Perry, 25, gripping a lit flare with his bum went viral

Another reason why not only Scotland but most of Europe wants them papped out ASAP.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Sooks said:

IMG_7236.webp

IMG_7237.jpeg

IMG_7238.webp

IMG_7239.jpeg

There's rangers fans around that are gutted they can't be pwoper Engerlush like those fine gentlemen.

luckydug
13 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

We’ve already been treated to various sightings of Harry sporting his England top at Twickers.

Is it really a good look for the heir to the British throne to align themselves with one particular Home Nation FA?

There was also that cringeworthy ending to the 'leaders debate' last week.

Rishi and Sir Keir falling over themselves to wish England all the best

Rishi couldn't wait to mention his heart to heart with 'Gareth'.

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

What like this when the, hopefully not obviously, future king and queen, if she doesn’t divorce him or get pregnant with a brown baby, cheered on Wales against England at Twickenham 😱😂
I would rather have that than them coming up here dressed in Tartan thinking that would placate the natives. 
https://people.com/royals/kate-middleton-tartan-style-scotland-tour/

IMG_3852.jpeg

IMG_3853.jpeg

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Sooks said:

IMG_7236.webp

IMG_7237.jpeg

IMG_7238.webp

IMG_7239.jpeg

The reform vote could take a hit if they're not back in time for the GE.

luckydug
2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

The reform vote could take a hit if they're not back in time for the GE.

Hopefully they are .

Hmfc1965
3 hours ago, Sooks said:

International football fans with a look at us attitude and a hope that they get attention ? Wont somebody think of the children !!!!!  

Seriously man , get a life and a sense of humour 

IMG_7233.jpeg

IMG_7234.jpeg

IMG_7235.jpeg

IMG_7232.jpeg

I have a sense of humour thanks.

The Tartan Army don't tickle it.

Like Welsh rugby fans are an utter pain in the arse after 5 minutes so are the Tartan Army.

Hmfc1965
2 hours ago, briever said:

They hate the idea of Scotland having a separate unique cultural identity beyond their beloved Britain - which we all know is a synonym of England.

Do you really think the Tartan Army are exemplars of Scotland's unique cultural identity?

God help us.

Chuck Berry
14 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

I have a sense of humour thanks.

The Tartan Army don't tickle it.

Like Welsh rugby fans are an utter pain in the arse after 5 minutes so are the Tartan Army.

Thankfully we don't really give a shit about your sense of humour or lack of.

Hmfc1965
Just now, Chuck Berry said:

Thankfully we don't really give a shit about your sense of humour or lack of.

You crack on baring your arse while wearing your Glengarry with the massive feathers then.

• davemclaren locked this topic
  • davemclaren unlocked this topic