Playing like shitebags and rolling over to rangers

Italian Lambretta

3 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

After watching them back, both goals were ridiculously bad from our POV. I was also at the game, the shite view means it's hard to see what's going on 😅

I wasn't going to go to this game, wish I hadn't now tbh. 

I'm quite pessimistic generally so I suppose the advantage is that I had low expectations to start with!

The last three games against Rangers at Hampden have been a similar story in terms of us hardly laying a glove on them in an attacking sense. At least today the build up play was a bit better, but until we carry more of an attacking threat from midfield it's very difficult to see us seriously troubling them.  

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Chuck Berry

• kingantti1874

• GinRummy

Gundermann
1 hour ago, tiger Rudi said:

This is where I'm at. Gave them a game but a genuine lack of quality in certain areas is our undoing. 

Defending from Kingsley, Rowles and Atkinson poor at 1st. Tait loses it at 2nd.

Compare Grant's performance to that of Cantwell. One anonymous the other affecting play at every opportunity. Compare Beni to Lundstram, same thing.

Up front, we have Forrest, Oda and Vargas all making the wrong decisions in good areas of the pitch. 

I think Dhanda, Spittal and a fit Hoff will make such a difference next season making runs thru the middle. Asking questions that the present midfield just can't do. 

We need an upgrade for Forrest. A great engine but nowt else at this level. 

A sitting midfielder who is fit and can dictate play in a 4.1.3.2 would make such a difference to us. Freeing more creative players up to do their thing.

We currently have two playing in that role, neither really had a positive impact today. 

👍

A_A wehatethehibs
5 minutes ago, stirlo said:

I'm quite pessimistic generally so I suppose the advantage is that I had low expectations to start with!

The last three games against Rangers at Hampden have been a similar story in terms of us hardly laying a glove on them in an attacking sense. At least today the build up play was a bit better, but until we carry more of an attacking threat from midfield it's very difficult to see us seriously troubling them.  

Actually getting a result against rangers starts with defending. We had a quality back 4 of Smith Souttar Halkett Kingsley which took rangers to extra time (and wrongly got slaughtered for what was actually a very creditable defensive performance) and that has now gone backwards to the laughable Atkinson,  Kent, also laughable Rowles and Kingsley/Cochrane, collectively gifting away dross goals like today. There’s been a clear regression in the defensive department. 

OldGorgie

Today’s performance- Soon to be repeated in final game of the season.

2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Actually getting a result against rangers starts with defending. We had a quality back 4 of Smith Souttar Halkett Kingsley which took rangers to extra time (and wrongly got slaughtered for what was actually a very creditable defensive performance) and that has now gone backwards to the laughable Atkinson,  Kent, also laughable Rowles and Kingsley/Cochrane, collectively gifting away dross goals like today. There’s been a clear regression in the defensive department. 

Yes - I agree that defensively the 2022 performance was actually very good whereas we conceded an absolutely dreadful goal within the first few minutes today. The problem that day was you were expecting us to get a chance in the last 20 minutes of the game to win it and it just never happened. Today I thought our build up play was better, but ultimately there was very little end product. Apart from the save from Oda in the last few minutes their keeper had very little to do.

If carlsberg did rivals...
6 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Today’s performance- Soon to be repeated in final game of the season.

100% mate, the only way we might scrape a draw is if the league is over and they rest most of their team for the Cup final.

Thunder and Lightning

Aberdeen set the standard aye? **** me. We have some absolute morons in our support. 😂 

Edited by Thunder and Lightning

No Idle Talk
12 minutes ago, If carlsberg did rivals... said:

100% mate, the only way we might scrape a draw is if the league is over and they rest most of their team for the Cup final.

Hmmmm........that happened not so long ago and they still stuffed us 1-3. 🙁

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Yeah i get that but for me it's specifically Rangers that our players and indeed our club seem to have a problem/mental block with? We just always seem to shit the bed and lose to them at every given opportunity, barring the odd miracle win that only comes along around once every decade, it's getting to the point now that our record against them is so laughably bad, That we are to Rangers what Hibs are to us, i.e an irrelevance. I'm starting to think their is actually a hoodoo,

How the feck can we exist for 150 years and not beat that club at Hampden? 

It's rotten.

We only played them there for the first time in 1930, so only 15 games in 94 years. 
An awful record as you say, and I don’t think it will change with Rangers sympathisers all over the club. I would actually prefer a SD and manager who weren’t touched by the uglies, the current incumbents have yet to prove they can choose the players and use them properly to beat Rangers. 

Another shit day out at Hampden .

Insipid performance.

We looked lost.

Shit.

Good season .

But that was shite.

And pish.

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Your memory is playing tricks on you, we played with a back 5 where Cochrane and Atkinson were the wingbacks and Kingsley was left of Halkett and Souttar. They ripped us apart down the wings but we had enough men in the middle to cope, but they dominated us. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Ked said:

Insipid performance.

We looked lost.

Shit.

Good season .

But that was shite.

And pish.

No wonder some folk don’t go

Nelly Terraces
3 hours ago, jamboozy said:

This is the truth, end the thread.

It hurts to say it, but sometimes the truth hurts. We deserve the label.

Bull's-eye
4 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

It's embarrassing that we sell all those tickets just to see us not turn up again, lose a goal in the first 5 minutes again, play the likes of Devlin and Atkinson again. 

It's beyond belief. 

I'm fuming and i didn't even go, and I'll never go to another Rangers game at this rate. 

5 hours ago, skinnybob72 said:

If you want to see how to play as an underdog in a SF watch how Coventry are going about playing Man Utd. From 0-3 down to 3-3, didn’t just accept their fate. 

4 hours ago, ducatiboy said:

Aye fine, let’s celebrate third and accept that’s about all we can achieve(I don’t)WE have NEVER beaten that lot at Hampden! Not once, let that sink in…that was a very very poor show AGAIN! but hey ask the fans to buy tickets up, well put a ****ing shift in. Pathetic performance 

4 hours ago, Gordon_1874 said:

Barrie Mckay epitomises the term shitebag, great against the pub teams at home but he NEVER turns up against decent teams. Get him to ****, absolutely powderpuff.

4 hours ago, 1874Jambo said:

Beni, get him punted, total waste of a shirt every pass is back or sideways, he's on Tony going to sign a new contract so let tait finish off the season 

4 hours ago, jock _turd said:

We are a very comfortable third in the SPL but I really think we need, as fans, to understand we are not that great. Now of you look at a team that are fighting relegation who recently beat that shower you can see in terms of player input we are below the expected level of a team in the position we are in. The team is at times lifeless, just no drive at all. We need a couple of fast and inventive mids and up front to give us that spark.

3 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Club backed the fans,  Fans backed the team.  Team didn’t back the fans.  Again. 

3 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

There's zero point in me commenting on here, when i'm up against opinions like that. 

3 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

You need to leave, along with Devlin, you're both pish. 

2 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Watched the tv coverage when I got home and all the pundits were amazed we didn’t press them from the start.

2 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

We have a shit squad , we have a squad good enough to get third because every other team are dugmeat , we have the money we need to get better players in Dhanda and the other players we got on frees are a start but we need more 

Belters  :rofl:

1971fozzy
3 hours ago, chrystaf said:

WE gifted them two goals, sat off them and only because of their inefficiency in front of goal did it remain 2 - 0. 

And we had chances too ? Or did you forget them ?

Jambo92

Real lack of grit in that team, no one really looked up for it.  A whole midfield required in the summer.

bawheed
47 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No wonder some folk don’t go

It’s over 100 years since we beat rangers at Hamden 🤬

Fxxx the SPFL
6 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Second time this season to Hampden and watch that bunch of shitbags not even getting a shot on target.

Just get those losers to feck at the end of season.

Aye let’s get rid of all sixteen players what a lot shite you spout 

4 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

If you’re happy with that shite then knock yersel out son, it was putrid pish yet again against a garbage hun side, same old story, different day at Hampden, haud me back! 

It's nothing to do with being happy but to demand a clear out? Behave yourself.

Were you there?

1 hour ago, If carlsberg did rivals... said:

Not 100% then? 

Bazzas right boot
48 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Best thing after ever defeat- everyone oot.

periodictabledancer
53 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

What's your thoughts on being competitive with the worst Rangers team I've seen in 50+ years of supporting Hearts ?  We just got bossed by two guys from Sheffield United & Norwich City. 

Get rid of sixteen palyers ? Clearly not affordable.  But there's at least 8 that can leave tomorrow. 

Ricardo Quaresma
4 hours ago, McCrae said:

We made a couple of poor mistakes. That is an ability issue, not an effort problem.

Oh, both types were prevalent

7 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

What's your thoughts on being competitive with the worst Rangers team I've seen in 50+ years of supporting Hearts ?  We just got bossed by two guys from Sheffield United & Norwich City. 

Get rid of sixteen palyers ? Clearly not affordable.  But there's at least 8 that can leave tomorrow. 

That's not the worst Rangers team in the last 10 years never mind 50+ ya dafty 😄 

Byyy The Light
7 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

Two clubs that are miles ahead of us thanks to the SFA and Scottish football going backwards because of their Glasgow love in.

6 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Oh, both types were prevalent

Going to have to disagree with you. Rangers are a better team and that is why we lost. We gave them a decent game.

20 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

That's not the worst Rangers team in the last 10 years never mind 50+ ya dafty 😄 

Our team is making great progress and if we continue on this path we will get more competitive against the big 2 . This is a 5 year+ project. First step is to be the team that is third or better every year.

We lost, we lick our wounds, and move on. Improving our finances thus improving the quality of player we bring in in the future will help but the gulf in finances between us and the OF plus our corrupt GFA and officials makes it an impossible task.

The weegie cabal run the shitshow organisation here and the only time our game would get noticed anywhere outside Scotland would be if we or another were to win the title.

That will never be allowed to happen. 

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, McCrae said:

Going to have to disagree with you. Rangers are a better team and that is why we lost. We gave them a decent game.

Wow; OK, if that's how you want to leave it

Guess we'll lose to the mhanks and sevco have no way back in the league, since we've not got a better squad than them either, must've been a total fluke gubbing them twice

A case for the FBI's X-Files then, unless you've cracked it, of course 🤔

Ricardo Quaresma
9 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Our team is making great progress and if we continue on this path we will get more competitive against the big 2 . This is a 5 year+ project. First step is to be the team that is third or better every year.

That's fine and dandy, but one essential element is putting effort in for a full game if needed, plus ensuring that the brain is not left at home

GinRummy
16 minutes ago, McCrae said:

It just wears you down that it doesn’t matter how badly the Huns play they always manage to beat us. They can be on shocking form, have poorer players than usual and we just crumble every time with slow starts, unforced errors and poor decision making the current ways we’ve found to lose against them. 

Japan Jambo
13 hours ago, Gordon_1874 said:

Barrie Mckay epitomises the term shitebag, great against the pub teams at home but he NEVER turns up against decent teams. Get him to ****, absolutely powderpuff.

yup, Grant is from the same mould unfortunately. 

Hashimoto

It's been a recurring situation all season. We start the game far too slow and take ages to get into gear.

The fear was we would concede a goal early and that's exactly what happened, on the back foot again!

We just never learn. The signs were there against Livvy in the first 20 minutes, but we eventually got away with it.

The result was fairly predictable in the end. Some of our players are just not up to the job of competing in these big matches. 

Time to move them on

kingantti1874
11 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

yup, Grant is from the same mould unfortunately. 

but we need players who can do it against shit teams 🤣 every other team in the league would take Mackay for that very purpose.  We need different players for different purposes and opposition. 

In Grant m, he’s already been replaced I think 

Armageddon

Many folk posting on this thread, the only football they see over a weekend is by watching the Match of the Day highlights, then the chance of a semi final ticket comes up and they travel through, get pissed on 2 pints, and stand shouting absolute dross for 75 minutes, they stop at 75 as some folk aroound them wire into them and they shit the bed, what then happens is they come home and post on JKB about how shite we seemingly are.

Japan Jambo
13 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

but we need players who can do it against shit teams 🤣 every other team in the league would take Mackay for that very purpose.  We need different players for different purposes and opposition. 

In Grant m, he’s already been replaced I think 

Spot on and therein lies the dilemma. 

HopeDiouf
5 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Many folk posting on this thread, the only football they see over a weekend is by watching the Match of the Day highlights, then the chance of a semi final ticket comes up and they travel through, get pissed on 2 pints, and stand shouting absolute dross for 75 minutes, they stop at 75 as some folk aroound them wire into them and they shit the bed, what then happens is they come home and post on JKB about how shite we seemingly are.

What did you make of our attempts at defending both goals? Ive watched them back and our defending is an embarrasment at both.

GinRummy
10 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Dismissing people who don’t agree with you by making up a wee story about them 😂

Bad Religion
10 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

A classic example of the 'its ok to be shit because we've always been shit' attitude.

Harry Potter
10 hours ago, Ked said:

Insipid performance.

We looked lost.

Shit.

Good season .

But that was shite.

And pish.

😕im still pissed off, big time.

Robbo-Jambo
16 hours ago, Buster HMFC said:

You obviously don't get it. That performance isn't acceptable against a team on the ropes

This.

Don't like Aberdeen but by god they had a good go at Celtic.

We went out with a whimper against a side that was short on confidence and also pretty shite.

Same old story, seen it so many times.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

It just wears you down that it doesn’t matter how badly the Huns play they always manage to beat us. They can be on shocking form, have poorer players than usual and we just crumble every time with slow starts, unforced errors and poor decision making the current ways we’ve found to lose against them. 

We are still in the early stages of our transformation as a football club and team. This is a journey and it’s not realistic to expect us to be at the final destination so soon. The gap between us and the old firm is reducing, we need to carry on narrowing his gap. Progress is clear, but it is a multi season project.

1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

That's fine and dandy, but one essential element is putting effort in for a full game if needed, plus ensuring that the brain is not left at home

Effort isn’t an issue, leaving the brain at home applies to the players and fans.

Bad Religion
2 minutes ago, McCrae said:

We are still in the early stages of our transformation as a football club and team. This is a journey and it’s not realistic to expect us to be at the final destination so soon. The gap between us and the old firm is reducing, we need to carry on narrowing his gap. Progress is clear, but it is a multi season project.

What does this mean? When did it begin? When will it be complete?

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, McCrae said:

Effort isn’t an issue, leaving the brain at home applies to the players and fans.

Na, that's not it

chrystaf
14 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Yeah, i've been moaning about the pair of them for some time now, and it's for a reason, neither of them are good enough. 

I've not looked at the jambos kickback ratings, but if Devlin is getting pass marks in a midfield that was non existent, that tells you all you need to know about who is doing the ratings. 

Devlin did well - yes actually - given that Beni is still too slow and not suited to physical challenges and Grant was totally anonymous.  Also got no backing from his other team mates. 

GinRummy
3 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Don’t necessarily disagree but the fact we finally seem to be on the right track this time doesn’t excuse that garbage yesterday. 

chrystaf
10 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

And we had chances too ? Or did you forget them ?

Chances don't win games.

chrystaf
5 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

What does this mean? When did it begin? When will it be complete?

Sounds like political rhetoric.

Chuck Berry
11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

We only played them there for the first time in 1930, so only 15 games in 94 years. 
An awful record as you say, and I don’t think it will change with Rangers sympathisers all over the club. I would actually prefer a SD and manager who weren’t touched by the uglies, the current incumbents have yet to prove they can choose the players and use them properly to beat Rangers. 

What?