Playing like shitebags and rolling over to rangers

Italian Lambretta

hearts00
11 minutes ago, OTT said:

It was a shitebags performance. Did everything we could to NOT get a shot away.

Cowardly from our forward players. Overplaying everything. Just piss weak. 

I can handle defeats against the OF, but that was a winnable fixture. Yet again, we come along when they need us and we hand them a win on a silver plate. 

This! 

It was the performance of losers today 8mm afraid, within what is still a great season, but a losers mentality and performance today. 

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Chuck Berry

• kingantti1874

• GinRummy

NaturalOrder74

Can’t lose an early goal in the semi and team didn’t kick a ball full first half. Rangers looked average which is the most frustrating thing 

south morocco
22 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

We’ve been discussing that.  If Shankland drops deep who’s going into his space?  But why is he having to do that in the first place?

90% of the time I want him hanging on the shoulder of the CHs while the players behind him create.  It’s a weakness that’s needs addressed. 

This. 

4 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Can’t lose an early goal in the semi and team didn’t kick a ball full first half. Rangers looked average which is the most frustrating thing 

I don't understand how we can't start games positively. We're ****ing shocking time and time again in the first half of games. 

Its a 90 minute game, sure. But giving ourselves mountains to climb in the 2nd half game after game is just ridiculous. 

Boghell51

Just home from game,listened to sportsound on way back, branded our performance embarassing. Especially decision making in box.Why will they not shoot and take a chance. 20,000 Jambos  at hamdump to watch us sit off them yet again, furstrating

Debut 4
20 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

OK bud sorry about that. I still think that there are a lot on here that think our team is better than it actually is. I think interms of results, so far we have had a good season . However we are over looking just how poor some of our games have been, even at home or even moreso at home. Last season even with a terrible finish to the season we scored 63 goals so far this season we have managed 46 our game is stagnant !

Agree 👍🏻 

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

It's embarrassing that we sell all those tickets just to see us not turn up again, lose a goal in the first 5 minutes again, play the likes of Devlin and Atkinson again. 

It's beyond belief. 

I'm fuming and i didn't even go, and I'll never go to another Rangers game at this rate. 

Aw naw, the team will miss your support. 

1 hour ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Same old shite. So boring.

Just back - Same old, wash rinse repeat. Pathetic

ducatiboy

Aye fine, let’s celebrate third and accept that’s about all we can achieve(I don’t)WE have NEVER beaten that lot at Hampden! Not once, let that sink in…that was a very very poor show AGAIN! but hey ask the fans to buy tickets up, well put a ****ing shift in. Pathetic performance 

Ron Burgundy

Can’t even hurry to take throw ins or show for them when there is ten minutes to go and still a chance. 
no desire or belief today. 

Can’t believe folk think todays performance was anywhere near acceptable but suppose it takes all sorts. 

Cut The Crap

Yet another predictably pathetic showing against a bang average Rangers team.

GinRummy
Just now, Ron Burgundy said:

Can’t even hurry to take throw ins or show for them when there is ten minutes to go and still a chance. 
no desire or belief today. 

Can’t believe folk think todays performance was anywhere near acceptable but suppose it takes all sorts. 

There’s no point taking throw ins quick. No body want to show for the ball anyway. Has now been happening for years. 

Saint Jambo

It wasn't a good performance but it wasn't a terrible performance either. Just a bit meh. I'm not going to call it an over reaction as I get the level of frustration following a defeat is a normal reaction, but some of the claims that the team needs an overhaul or all the players are rubbish or it was 0s all around today seem very over the top to me.

We tried, but lacked the quality to turn good attacking opportunities into goals. Having conceded a poor goal we could have fallen apart but in the second half in particular, I thought we matched them well and if we had equalised no one would have felt it was against the run of play.

Can't well was the big difference today. He is a player with some real quality (along aside an annoying habit of diving and faking injuries) and he had a good game today. We struggled to contain him.

Bigger picture is coasting third and two semi finals lost to one of the OF is a good season. Some new signings already sorted and more to come.

The idea that we should be taking lessons from the current Aberdeen team on how to put in a performance is laughable.

Ron Burgundy
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

There’s no point taking throw ins quick. No body want to show for the ball anyway. Has now been happening for years. 

Correct. A major bug bear of mine. 
But they were just dawdling to get the ball. Was a hard watch. 

Go for it 1308
1 hour ago, chester copperpot said:

Nothing like a post match rant over a result. We're having a great season. 

2 semis and comfortable in 3rd

Oh just **** off 

Go for it 1308
2 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Oh just **** off 

Ps , If your happy  with just 'semis' mate....you must be absolutely shit in bed

Edited by Go for it 1308

GinRummy
Just now, Go for it 1308 said:

Ps , of your happy  with just 'semis' mate....you must be absolutely shit in bed

Pps him. He deserves it. 

Fire_At_The_Disco

Just back, we were rotten. 

Edited by Fire_At_The_Disco

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

I would like us to spend v wisely with our euro money this time. We squandered it the last time, it's imperative we do better this time. 

Thus in order to do better we absolutely must bin savage et al and replace with so one who can scout and sign better players. 

I'd like us to also have a clear out of some of the weak willed core of the squad that has lost so many semi finals and finals over the last 4 years. 

They're good enough in the league but they are sub standard in the cups and in Europe, they're just not good enough for that level against the old form and European clubs on any consistent basis. 

So definite room for improvement, and we'll soon have the money to make that happen. 

Gordon_1874

Barrie Mckay epitomises the term shitebag, great against the pub teams at home but he NEVER turns up against decent teams. Get him to ****, absolutely powderpuff.

kingantti1874
Just now, Gordon_1874 said:

Barrie Mckay epitomises the term shitebag, great against the pub teams at home but he NEVER turns up against decent teams. Get him to ****, absolutely powderpuff.

oh ffs.  He was on for about 20 mins.  🤣 

good god. We have some drama queens after a defeats. 

Every single player needs emptied according to someone on this board today

it was disappointing, but calm doon.  Barrie’s is the least of our worries 

jamboozy
1 hour ago, Nelly Terraces said:

We are Rangers bitches. End of story.

This is the truth, end the thread.

1874Jambo

Beni, get him punted, total waste of a shirt every pass is back or sideways, he's on Tony going to sign a new contract so let tait finish off the season 

Gordon_1874
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

oh ffs.  He was on for about 20 mins.  🤣 

good god. We have some drama queens after a defeats. 

Every single player needs emptied according to someone on this board today

it was disappointing, but calm doon.  Barrie’s is the least of our worries 

So because he only came on for the last half hour it's okay to be pish ? 

Nucky Thompson

FFS that wasn’t a non trying performance.

We got beat but competed 

4 minutes ago, Gordon_1874 said:

Whilst "Big Game Barrie" is very much as you describe, I'm not sure he deserves much criticism today. Vargas and Forrest though? Bench going forward pls. 

kingantti1874
Just now, 1874Jambo said:

Beni, get him punted, total waste of a shirt every pass is back or sideways, he's on Tony going to sign a new contract so let tait finish off the season 

🤣 for **** sake. Who’s he going to pass it forward to if there is no one forward or making runs to receive it.  Should he just pass it to the rangers centre halves? At least it’s forward right.

jesus Christ we have some clueless fans 

Fozzyonthefence
15 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Ps , If your happy  with just 'semis' mate....you must be absolutely shit in bed

I don’t think anyone is.  A full on hard on is always much better but I didn’t get either watching that today.   I don’t think it was a shitebag performance though, more a case of we have some really brainless players. 

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, 1874Jambo said:

You’re having a laugh.

He was the best player on the pitch 

jock _turd

We are a very comfortable third in the SPL but I really think we need, as fans, to understand we are not that great. Now of you look at a team that are fighting relegation who recently beat that shower you can see in terms of player input we are below the expected level of a team in the position we are in. The team is at times lifeless, just no drive at all. We need a couple of fast and inventive mids and up front to give us that spark.

1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Second time this season to Hampden and watch that bunch of shitbags not even getting a shot on target.

Just get those losers to feck at the end of season.

Try supporting Hibs, you wouldn't need to worry about going to Hampden. Today's performance was miles better than the League cup game. Unfortunately Shankland didn't have a great day and, unlike Aberdeen, the chances we did have weren't taken.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Gordon_1874 said:

So because he only came on for the last half hour it's okay to be pish ? 

Guy has had 1 start after nearly the whole season out and you expect him to come on and dominate the game when he barely saw the ball?

honestly and without a word of a lie I think half of our support have never played football in their life and genuinely don’t understand it, most of the other half still think it’s 1986 and demand it’s pumped forward at every opportunity

I’ll leave it at that. Clearly once again following a disappointment this place loses its ****ing mind. 

GavK1012
1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Running about like headless chickens is not for us, we are trying to build long term style of play, whether that is successful or not, time will tell, over the season rather not take tips off Aberdeen 

I think you are the 1st person to even remotely suggest they were running about as described ... very aggressive and on the front foot is what folk want to see against that shower 👍

2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

You’re having a laugh.

He was the best player on the pitch 

No he wasn't. 

Kent won the vast majority of what was thrown at him and despite losing 2-0 still played pretty well. 

Perfomance wise though, it was a sea of shite. 

Gordon_1874
3 minutes ago, OTT said:

Whilst "Big Game Barrie" is very much as you describe, I'm not sure he deserves much criticism today. Vargas and Forrest though? Bench going forward pls. 

Forrest is limited technically and we all know that, he had a bad afternoon. Vargas has improved throughout the season, he also had a poor game though but is still young and learning.

amadjambo

I didn’t think we played too badly today, and for most of the match went toe to toe with Rangers. We lack creative quality in the final 3rd, have nobody in midfield to chip in with a few goals, and lack pace all over the team. But I can see the makings of a very decent team. No need to overreact tonight. We had a go, didn’t take our chances, and lost a couple of cheap goals. I’ve seen a lot worse, and hopefully next time it will be much better provided we make the right signings in the summer (and our first 3 certainly look good.)

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, jock _turd said:

We are a very comfortable third in the SPL but I really think we need, as fans, to understand we are not that great. Now of you look at a team that are fighting relegation who recently beat that shower you can see in terms of player input we are below the expected level of a team in the position we are in. The team is at times lifeless, just no drive at all. We need a couple of fast and inventive mids and up front to give us that spark.

Spot on.  We’re having a good season by Hearts standards but we play in a piss poor league and still haven’t managed to win a single league game by more than 2 goals, including 3 games against Livingston!

I actually expect us to be a better team next season in terms of performances but can we get 2 or 3 players to replace Shankland’s goals?

Gordon_1874
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Guy has had 1 start after nearly the whole season out and you expect him to come on and dominate the game when he barely saw the ball?

honestly and without a word of a lie I think half of our support have never played football in their life and genuinely don’t understand it, most of the other half still think it’s 1986 and demand it’s pumped forward at every opportunity

I’ll leave it at that. Clearly once again following a disappointment this place loses its ****ing mind. 

I don't expect him to dominate the game. I expect commitment, urgency and a bit of heart. When the going gets tough he does nothing. Perfect example was when Shankland was driving forward, all Mckay had to do was drive down the line, instead he jogs inside and Shanks can't get to him. Shankland proceeds to go absolutely mental at him.

1 minute ago, Gordon_1874 said:

Forrest is limited technically and we all know that, he had a bad afternoon. Vargas has improved throughout the season, he also had a poor game though but is still young and learning.

Young and learning doesn't cut it in a semi final I'm afraid. If he's trusted to start, he's trusted to deliver. 

Forrest is limited technically, mentally and ****ing spiritually. Guy is a headless chicken. Literally just runs with the ball until he loses it. Cannot look up, cannot display any awareness of teammates making runs, or getting into a better position. Nor can he recognise when to take a shot. Counting down the days until Dhanda's here and we don't have to see him in the starting 11 again. 

Gordon Ramsay

More possession and territory than usual but still the same old shitebag outcome.

Losers.

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Gordon_1874 said:

I don't expect him to dominate the game. I expect commitment, urgency and a bit of heart. When the going gets tough he does nothing. Perfect example was when Shankland was driving forward, all Mckay had to do was drive down the line, instead he jogs inside and Shanks can't get to him. Shankland proceeds to go absolutely mental at him.

shanks had no right to go mental at anyone today. His worst performance for us.  

had the whole support blaming Vargas for not crossing it early but he was very very clearly offside.  

anyway I’m out till everyone calms doom a bit.  A few mugs of vodka will kill the pain 

👍🏻

periodictabledancer
5 minutes ago, OTT said:

Young and learning doesn't cut it in a semi final I'm afraid. If he's trusted to start, he's trusted to deliver. 

Forrest is limited technically, mentally and ****ing spiritually. Guy is a headless chicken. Literally just runs with the ball until he loses it. Cannot look up, cannot display any awareness of teammates making runs, or getting into a better position. Nor can he recognise when to take a shot. Counting down the days until Dhanda's here and we don't have to see him in the starting 11 again. 

Amen to that. I'm sick of the sight of him.

Doc Rob

I can handle losing a semi against an OF side. It’s the expected outcome. What annoys me is that we rolled over so easily, yet again. Every single damn game v Rangers*, we cough up an early goal to let them settle, and then we never really threaten them after that. I detest the toxic ‘diet Huns’ crap, but we don’t exactly help ourselves by failing to put up a fight whenever we play them.

hearts00
15 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

FFS that wasn’t a non trying performance.

We got beat but competed 

Agreed. Not an effort issue today but mentality and quality issue. Shape was questionable but above all things the absolutely mingin performance in the final third was so disappointing. 

Fozzyonthefence

Club backed the fans,  Fans backed the team.  Team didn’t back the fans.  Again. 

Greedy Jambo
52 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

atkinson and Devlin were probably our best 2 players ffs.  absolutely NOT the issue 

There's zero point in me commenting on here, when i'm up against opinions like that. 

Greedy Jambo
44 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Aw naw, the team will miss your support. 

You need to leave, along with Devlin, you're both pish. 

SandyClark
2 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

Nothing like a post match rant over a result. We're having a great season. 

2 semis and comfortable in 3rd

Can't wait to tell the Grandkids about this.

Diego10

Personally, I'm looking at the progress of the team.  This was a big improvement in general from the LC semi.  We did plenty well but poor in the key moments when we got into scoring positions and gave away two awful goals.

They've got better players than us,and that's not going to change,but Naismith is getting better as a manager and hopefully we'll take another step on next season

Wee Mikey
23 minutes ago, 1874Jambo said:

Simply not true. By all means criticise, but, come on! For example, he made a defence splitting pass 1st half which was inch perfect right into the box.