Playing like shitebags and rolling over to rangers

Italian Lambretta

5 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Amen to that. I'm sick of the sight of him.

Me too. He's too useless. There isn't any degree of critical thinking when he has the ball. Its beeline forward until he loses it. Flip side is Barrie that is always aware of his teammates. 

I'd describe it as dangerously incompetent. He ruins attacks because he's utterly incapable of using any sort of judgement on what to do with the ball. Just run until he gets crowded out. 

I ****ing hate watching him. Its pub league level at times. 

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Chuck Berry

• kingantti1874

• GinRummy

Chuck Berry
53 minutes ago, Boghell51 said:

Just home from game,listened to sportsound on way back, branded our performance embarassing. Especially decision making in box.Why will they not shoot and take a chance. 20,000 Jambos  at hamdump to watch us sit off them yet again, furstrating

No they didn't.

Chuck Berry
25 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

honestly and without a word of a lie I think half of our support have never played football in their life and genuinely don’t understand it, most of the other half still think it’s 1986 and demand it’s pumped forward at every opportunity

I’ll leave it at that. Clearly once again following a disappointment this place loses its ****ing mind. 

This.

maltese jambo
2 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Second time this season to Hampden and watch that bunch of shitbags not even getting a shot on target.

Just get those losers to feck at the end of season.

Can't argue with that. Total looser mentality seems to be prevailing as soon as rangers come up against us. Embarrassing stuff.

buzzbomb1958
2 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

Nothing like a post match rant over a result. We're having a great season. 

2 semis and comfortable in 3rd

That’s only because the rest of the league are utter dugmeat we are not a good football team

I thought this was an improvement on the LC semi, where we were never in the game. Losing to Sevco 2 nil is not a disgrace. We had plenty of chances to score and didnt take them…Vargas left his shooting boots in the dressing room.

Rangers are the better team, but not by that much. We gave them a decent game.

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

There's zero point in me commenting on here, when i'm up against opinions like that. 

I’m guessing your are the sort who goes in with preconceived ideas in players and sticks to it come hell or high water.

Atkinson did nothing wrong at all, didn’t really give Matondo a sniff. Devlin did well until he was unfairly booked. 

just have a look at the ratings thread and you’ll see not just my opinion.  Reasonably broad consensus.  Both in the arguement for our best player on the day.  The bar was low granted 👍🏻

Second time this season to Hampden and watch that bunch of shitbags not even getting a shot on target.

This is nonsense. 

periodictabledancer
28 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Guy has had 1 start after nearly the whole season out and you expect him to come on and dominate the game when he barely saw the ball?

honestly and without a word of a lie I think half of our support have never played football in their life and genuinely don’t understand it, most of the other half still think it’s 1986 and demand it’s pumped forward at every opportunity

I’ll leave it at that. Clearly once again following a disappointment this place loses its ****ing mind. 

"Following a disappointment" .... masterful understatement. The last three "disappointments" against the huns have been embarrassments. Today only slightly less so. 

Chuck Berry
26 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

I didn’t think we played too badly today, and for most of the match went toe to toe with Rangers. We lack creative quality in the final 3rd, have nobody in midfield to chip in with a few goals, and lack pace all over the team. But I can see the makings of a very decent team. No need to overreact tonight. We had a go, didn’t take our chances, and lost a couple of cheap goals. I’ve seen a lot worse, and hopefully next time it will be much better provided we make the right signings in the summer (and our first 3 certainly look good.)

Agreed. We lack a Cantwell type of player, he played between the lines and caused us problems all game until he went off.  We just don't have that type of player in the squad, it would make a big difference.

We just didn't have the finish up top when it mattered today, Vargas and Oda both guilty of passing up good opportunities in the second half, one of those goes in it's a different game.

jock _turd
15 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

I can handle losing a semi against an OF side. It’s the expected outcome. What annoys me is that we rolled over so easily, yet again. Every single damn game v Rangers*, we cough up an early goal to let them settle, and then we never really threaten them after that. I detest the toxic ‘diet Huns’ crap, but we don’t exactly help ourselves by failing to put up a fight whenever we play them.

I did not expect to win to be honest, I hoped but that hope was dashed by a CH who's clearance was just a well wieghted pass to a Rangers player! That sort of shit just makes my blood boil! We are playing the second best team in the league and give them a gift like that five minutes in ?

Greedy Jambo
6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I’m guessing your are the sort who goes in with preconceived ideas in players and sticks to it come hell or high water.

Atkinson did nothing wrong at all, didn’t really give Matondo a sniff. Devlin did well until he was unfairly booked. 

just have a look at the ratings thread and you’ll see not just my opinion.  Reasonably broad consensus.  Both in the arguement for our best player on the day.  The bar was low granted 👍🏻

Yeah, i've been moaning about the pair of them for some time now, and it's for a reason, neither of them are good enough. 

I've not looked at the jambos kickback ratings, but if Devlin is getting pass marks in a midfield that was non existent, that tells you all you need to know about who is doing the ratings. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

buzzbomb1958
1 hour ago, cazzyy said:

The state of this guy. 😄

He’s not far wrong this squad has about 8 players who are below average Forrest , Atkinson, Grant, Tagawa, Sibbick, Rowles, Devlin, then you have Tait , Denholm not ready for big games look at just them and see what is required for next season we have a lot of shopping to do

ROCK LOBSTER
34 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

FFS that wasn’t a non trying performance.

We got beat but competed 

Most accurate assessment yet some posters should keep off the drink, lost 2 bad goals and the decision making in the final 3rd was awful but we competed.

Chuck Berry
7 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

That’s only because the rest of the league are utter dugmeat we are not a good football team

:vrface:

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

"Following a disappointment" .... masterful understatement. The last three "disappointments" against the huns have been embarrassments. Today only slightly less so. 

maybe we should hire a manager and players who fail to get us to semi finals.  The reality is we are seen as a scalp and they have our number.

Personally I think we struggle against them physically, too small too slow.  

we just need to sign better quality 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Chuck Berry said:

:vrface:

Some folks struggle to understand that 'good' is a relative concept. 

Go for it 1308
17 minutes ago, SandyClark said:

Can't wait to tell the Grandkids about this.

Ha ha brilliant mate....make sure you tell them how many shots at goal and corners we had as well....make us proud 👏 

Armageddon

Soooo many ******s within our support turn up to the Hampden games and scream blue murder at how shite we are.

Absolute roasters.

1971fozzy

Jesus wept. Did u actually go or even watch it 

Chuck Berry
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Some folks struggle to understand that 'good' is a relative concept. 

We're third because the rest of the league are shite apparently.

I guess it carries then that if we had won today it was because Rangers were shite, and if we win anything it's becasue everyone else was mince. This place.

1 minute ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Ha ha brilliant mate....make sure you tell them how many shots at goal and corners we had as well....make us proud 👏 

Hearts had more corners than Sevco.

PaddysBar

Rangers are poor. We made them look good today. 

Anyone thinking that was an acceptable performance is nuts. 

We were shite. Again. 

1971fozzy
6 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Yeah, i've been moaning about the pair of them for some time now, and it's for a reason, neither of them are good enough. 

I've not looked at the jambos kickback ratings, but if Devlin is getting pass marks in a midfield that was non existent, that tells you all you need to know about who is doing the ratings. 

ah and here he appears again. Like clockwork

saxondale

Go and have a lie down and leave the post match analysis to the reasoned adults.

9 minutes ago, ROCK LOBSTER said:

Most accurate assessment yet some posters should keep off the drink, lost 2 bad goals and the decision making in the final 3rd was awful but we competed.

This is a true, Sevco knew they were in a game.

Edited by McCrae

SandyClark
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Aw naw, the team will miss your support. 

You didn't go today

Go for it 1308
Just now, McCrae said:

Just now, McCrae said:

Thanks for that stat...I feel  a lot better about the result now... ffs , jesus wept🙄

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

You are pretty much the only person I’ve seen moaning about them.  For good reason. 

No idea why you’d go to a game with your  mind made up.  Feels kind of counterproductive and pointless to me.  

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, SandyClark said:

You didn't go today

Ofc I did.

Who were you before?

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

ah and here he appears again. Like clockwork

Yeah, blame it all on me, i wasn't on the pitch today, if i was, i'd have probably put more effort in. 

davemclaren
Just now, Greedy Jambo said:

Yeah, blame it all on me, i wasn't on the pitch today, if i was, i'd have probably put more effort in. 

Nah. 🤣

2 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Thanks for that stat...I feel  a lot better about the result now... ffs , jesus wept🙄

You are wetting your pants and writing nonsense. 

Go for it 1308
Just now, McCrae said:

You are wetting your pants and writing nonsense. 

...and you're replying with nonsense. You happy with what you watched today?

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

This.

I completely agree, it was another frustrating game against Rangers. We were let down in the final third, but unlike some previous games against Rangers we matched them for most of the game and did offer a threat (even if we didn't convert.)

I get people post in the heat of the moment when anger at losing is highest, but again we got caught out by two mistakes which when you play the Old Firm they punish you for. I thought a few players played well. 

But I do find these threads are very blinkered, they view it as if Rangers themselves are not a factor in how things are. Rangers were not amazing but they were a team with players worth millions and came out with a desire to put the previous results behind then and win. To beat them we have to be at the top of our game which is very hard to achieve. 

It is frustrating we have not been able to get a result against Rangers this season, but I think the team has more credit to what it has achieved this season on a mentality side. We have won 10 games away from home in the league (when last season it was only 3.) We have beaten every team in the league away from home except Rangers and Aberdeen. We have won against every team domestically except Rangers. They have beaten Celtic home and away (conceding no goals.) They have got to two semi-finals.  The players have pulled them out of lows from the start of the season, from disappointment to going on a massive winning run (the stat I saw that in the last 23 games, we have gained 1 less point than Celtic and 3 less points than Rangers.) So this idea that the players are shitbags with terrible mentality who needs emptied is nonsense.

Do we need to improve against Rangers? Yes. Does this result mean that the players are awful who need emptied? No

chrystaf
24 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

No they didn't.

Yes they did and gifted them acres of space.  

Greedy Jambo
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Nah. 🤣

What do you mean, nah? I'd have been fighting until the death. 

I'd have been ****ed after 5 minutes, but that's not the point. 😂

chrystaf
22 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I thought this was an improvement on the LC semi, where we were never in the game. Losing to Sevco 2 nil is not a disgrace. We had plenty of chances to score and didnt take them…Vargas left his shooting boots in the dressing room.

Rangers are the better team, but not by that much. We gave them a decent game.

WE gifted them two goals, sat off them and only because of their inefficiency in front of goal did it remain 2 - 0. 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I completely agree, it was another frustrating game against Rangers. We were let down in the final third, but unlike some previous games against Rangers we matched them for most of the game and did offer a threat (even if we didn't convert.)

I get people post in the heat of the moment when anger at losing is highest, but again we got caught out by two mistakes which when you play the Old Firm they punish you for. I thought a few players played well. 

But I do find these threads are very blinkered, they view it as if Rangers themselves are not a factor in how things are. Rangers were not amazing but they were a team with players worth millions and came out with a desire to put the previous results behind then and win. To beat them we have to be at the top of our game which is very hard to achieve. 

It is frustrating we have not been able to get a result against Rangers this season, but I think the team has more credit to what it has achieved this season on a mentality side. We have won 10 games away from home in the league (when last season it was only 3.) We have beaten every team in the league away from home except Rangers and Aberdeen. We have won against every team domestically except Rangers. They have beaten Celtic home and away (conceding no goals.) They have got to two semi-finals.  The players have pulled them out of lows from the start of the season, from disappointment to going on a massive winning run (the stat I saw that in the last 23 games, we have gained 1 less point than Celtic and 3 less points than Rangers.) So this idea that the players are shitbags with terrible mentality who needs emptied is nonsense.

Do we need to improve against Rangers? Yes. Does this result mean that the players are awful who need emptied? No

agreed.  That’s not to say we couldn’t have done better but reaction well over the top and entirely predictable.

we need to use the European money to sign 4/5 players who will get us closer 

4 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

...and you're replying with nonsense. You happy with what you watched today?

If you go on a rant and write mince you are going to get called out. Sevco had 5 shots on target we had 3.

GBJambo
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Too many hun ***** all over the club. 

Think this is part of the problem when some of our players /coaches have a soft spot for them 

Ricardo Quaresma

Right; just had a couple of post Hampden pints with a KBer and going to get a Chicken Kebab then home

Can people name players that weren't culpable in terms of effort focus and just plain awareness and using their brain today?

1 Gordon

2 Devlin

3 Baningime

4 Vargas except why didn't he shoot in the 2nd half?

May add later ...

The Old Tolbooth
2 hours ago, cazzyy said:

The state of this guy. 😄

If you’re happy with that shite then knock yersel out son, it was putrid pish yet again against a garbage hun side, same old story, different day at Hampden, haud me back! 

1 minute ago, chrystaf said:

WE gifted them two goals, sat off them and only because of their inefficiency in front of goal did it remain 2 - 0. 

We could have scored 3 or 4 if it wasn’t for our inefficiency in front of goal. We gave Rangers a better game than the LC semi. We are improving.

chrystaf
16 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

maybe we should hire a manager and players who fail to get us to semi finals.  The reality is we are seen as a scalp and they have our number.

Personally I think we struggle against them physically, too small too slow.  

we just need to sign better quality 

Second last sentence sums it up.

2 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Right; just had a couple of post Hampden pints with a KBer and going to get a Chicken Kebab then home

Can people name players that weren't culpable in terms of effort focus and just plain awareness and using their brain today?

1 Gordon

2 Devlin

3 Baningime

4 Vargas except why didn't he shoot in the 2nd half?

May add later ...

Don’t think anyone didn’t put in the effort today. Rangers are just a better team.

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

agreed.  That’s not to say we couldn’t have done better but reaction well over the top and entirely predictable.

we need to use the European money to sign 4/5 players who will get us closer 

I thought it was interesting seeing Naismith mention after the game that for recruitment this summer "Like every season we will try to improve, try to bring players in we feel will help push the levels, bring what they are going to bring." I will be interested to see who they bring in,

We_are_the_Hearts

There won’t be many that will still be there if going to next level. Kent, Kingsley and maybe Vargas, assuming Shankland away. 

chrystaf
4 minutes ago, McCrae said:

We could have scored 3 or 4 if it wasn’t for our inefficiency in front of goal. We gave Rangers a better game than the LC semi. We are improving.

Well everything's relative.